All Comments on 'Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 04'

by JAScooter

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
TheDandyTheDandyover 16 years ago
Words can't describe it...

There are no words known to me to describe the intensity of emotion nor the appreciation that I have for this writing. It is incredibly superior to so many writings here that ... well it's just beyond description.

Please keep your readers ravinous for more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Oh good.

The mistaken idea of 'he is to good to be true, he must be gay or he would be talen.' has so many possible paths. All I can do is pray that this wonderfull start continues on. I am now checking every day. John B.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story but...

I was giving it "5's" and really looking forward

to each successive chapter but this thinking he is

gay for so long is getting old. He just got through

saying the bedroom with the large bed is for he

and his wife when he gets married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ask away

She should just ask him if he's gay. They are both adults.

thebulletthebulletover 16 years ago
minor objections, I guess

<p>I'm too lazy to look back, but don't Peter's friends believe he is an auto mechanic, even though he actually owns both of their companies? He lives in a palatial penthouse. Don't his friends have some question about where the money came from?</p>

<p>Also, the gay ploy is wearing a bit. She has decided he is gay because he is polite? The woman is a bundle of angst who responds badly every time a man makes some kind of physical move towards her. Most men with manners and good sense would pick up on that and not force themselves on her until she was ready to accept him. Is it her belief that all men are pigs?</p>

<p>She works with one of his friends. How hard would it be for her to ask his friend if Peter is gay? She appears to have made a definitive decision based upon a passing fancy.</p>

<p>The overall result is that it weakens the story for me. I would be more ready to believe that she was so traumatized by whatever demons are haunting her from her past that she is merely unable to open up enough to let Peter in to her life fully, at least for now. That would be a much more believable plot device.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Aunt Edith

This reminds me of my aunt Edith - she also holds long rambling conversations without really saying anything. She's 92 and senile

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I look forward to more every day

The fumbling with emotions, the constraints of our backgrounds. Yes there is melodrama building up in the mystery of Peter but it is a useful dramatic device.

Please, please continue. I'd ask you to investigate the posting of the rest of the story in one posting but then I'd be deprived of an unknown number of morning delights as I open the web to see if I can find your posting.

marexotic18marexotic18over 16 years ago
I love it but...

Either she is really stupid or I'm missing something. It doesn't make sense that she thinks he's gay and she freezes at any jokes or advances he makes, if she really thought he was gay she would think he was joking and not care. Also he talks about the woman he wants to marry?

I think it would make more sense if something happened to her in her past that made her afraid of men, which I think you eluded to. Although she's really attracted to Peter and likes him she is struggling to get past her own fear, and she probably needs time to get to know him, and trust him more.

He runs hot and cold too, I'm surprised he doesn't just kiss her goodnight, it would make more sense considering the rest of his behavior. But to fit his character he could always ask her if he could kiss her. And her disappointment that he doesn't kiss her goodnight, would make more sense if she attributed it to his gentlemanliness or to her own skittish/cold behavior and not to her ridiculous belief that he's gay.

Anyways, besides all that I think the story is really good, and I'm looking forward to more! Thank you!

Nicholls9Nicholls9over 16 years ago
Jennifer must never have actually met any . . .

. . . homosexuals. JAScooter has characterized Jennifer as extremely naive. So much so that she is incredibly annoying. She witnessed Peter beat up three thugs, converse in Cantonese, and acts with him in a play, yet she still deludes herself into thinking he's gay. If Jennifer's problems in her head did not make her so compatible with Peter (whose got problems of his own), I'd just prefer Peter forget anout her and move on. She could easily determine his sexual orientation by simply asking him. However, going by the title, these two are bound to get together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
silly characters

like your writing style but the characters are beyond silly, especially jennifer. peter is not the most rational person either. why don't they just sit down like adults? they behave as if they were awkward 15 year olds.

Coolati_GeorgeCoolati_Georgeover 16 years ago
Anonymous? Come on be brave reveal who you are

JA - You have got some readers offside.

Aren't you really trying? There are lots more to get upset.

Jennifer is unable to make up her mind about Peter's sexual preferences. Wonder how many out there have met a man who can ballet dance and then flatten some yokels?

Oh yes, sorry! That happens all the time. She is different but god is she fiery. Lovely!

Peter - well he is interested in Jennifer but why the hell doen't he pounce?

Hey wake up everyone this is a fictional novel read and enjoy. If you can't stand the heat keep out of the

kitchen.

Ghurkhas? Heh,you must have been to Minden Barracks or the barracks in Melaka.

Now your hero is reflecting your knowledge.

And I am hooked.

Love the descriptions - been there and done that (well sort of).

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 4 years ago
Amazingly original storyline

The story is very interesting and enjoyable. Both are badly damaged - one can guess that Jennifer was a sexual assault victim, but Peter’s youth was so dark that I can’t really suspect what he’d endured. They’re captivating characters, apparently each has to heal other... yet I suspect that their path is very rocky.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

My FiL was a Major in the British Army, and I’ve been around Gurkha units from time to time during my time working with the Army, there is not a snowballs chance in hell of them giving a salute to a 16yr old adolescent in a uniform he couldn’t and didn’t earn. Look up what the Gurkhas have to go through in Nepal just to get a chance at a place in the U.K. forces, those guys are phenomenal and I won’t read more nonsense from you JAScooter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous