Without You I Have Nothing Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JAScooter
JAScooter
116 Followers

Peter smiled at Andrew as he hailed a taxi and just stated, "The closest Chinese café, please driver."

Remembering Peter's ability with Asian languages, Andrew wasn't surprised when Peter took charge once more and led him into the café. He tried not to show any reaction when Peter marched into the kitchen and began a lengthy guttural Cantonese conversation with the cook, who seemed to accept Peter without question.

The cook barked orders. While Peter and Andrew sat at their table and waited for their food, the kitchen hands carefully wrapped parcels of dishes, bowls and chopsticks in red paper, together with six dozen bottles of Tiger Beer.

As they ate, Andrew was immune to any further shocks when Peter suddenly left the table to use the telephone at the front desk. He could hear everything clearly but it was no help, as he didn't know the language at all. The only word he understood was 'Thursday'.

Full of food, they arrived back at the motor cycle distributor in a taxi loaded with red packages, pleased to discover that the salesman had loaded all five machines onto the truck and tied them down securely. In addition, Peter's other purchases lay on the counter - five parcels beautifully presented and ready to put in the cabin on the seat between them.

"I got my wife to do this special job," the salesman remarked proudly.

Gratefully they shook hands with the salesman and swung up into the truck - the cabin now containing Chinese food, Tiger beer and the five parcels.

The conversation on the trip home focused on their next problem.

"How will we do this? How will we get everything where they will all get a surprise?" Peter had run out of ideas.

"Well, I have a suggestion, for what it's worth." Andrew was enjoying the secrecy. "We'll drive in the back way, and quietly drive around to the front garden where we'll unload the bikes. You creep into the house while I put the parcels on everyone's bike.

"We should be there by three o'clock. Everyone will probably be in the kitchen for afternoon tea. Once you hear the truck's air horn, tell them to follow you."

With an almost evil grin, he licked his lips. He loved springing surprises just as much as Peter did.

"If you must," he continued, "Tell them I'm still in town as I bumped into some old girlfriends. When the riot's calmed down, bring them out the front and their bikes and parcels will be there. I'll be in my gear and Peter..." Andrew paused. "This is fantastic! I really can't say enough to thank you! You're generosity is unbelievable. Jennifer's so fortunate."

"No 'thank you' is necessary. Not a word Andrew." Peter spoke from his heart. "It's my thanks to each of you.

"By the way while everyone is changing could you get the food into the kitchen and put the beer in the fridge?"

It was an informal group gathered around the kitchen table when Peter walked in.

"Where's Andrew? I thought I heard the truck." Elizabeth seemed anxious.

"He's coming." Peter began to advance on Jennifer who, seeing the light in his eyes, yelped and hid behind her mother.

"Don't hide behind me." Elizabeth said, stepping out of the way. "I don't want to be grabbed. He's so like a huge bear."

"Oh no, he's off again." Eric joined in the fun

The air horns blew.

"Well, seeing I'm not allowed to play, I'll give orders. Come on everybody come with me now. I want to thank you for your consideration and kindness in accepting me as a guest here.

"No!" Peter stopped their protests. He knew everyone wanted to tell him that thanks was unnecessary. "Don't talk, just walk." With his arm around Jennifer's waist, he led the way.

As the family members walked onto the front verandah, they stopped in astonishment. They caught sight of what was on the drive -- the three bikes and two scooters with brightly colored parcels on four of the seats. Even more surprising was the appearance of Andrew, standing next to them in his leathers with his crash helmet under his arm, grinning at their reaction.

They were all astounded at the display and seemed to question in unison, "Peter, what have you done?"

"For heaven's sake tell me this isn't true." Jennifer was excited. "I know you're a surprising villain but this? This is..." She was speechless.

Peter led her to the bike he had chosen for her and watched as she opened her presents.

"Lad, what's all this? Why two motor scooters?" Eric queried.

Jennifer rushed off inside with her package and Peter knew she was about to change as he led Eric and Elizabeth to the scooters.

"These are for you. One to say sorry for grabbing you Elizabeth, and one to you Eric for being so gracious in accepting me as a guest. Not a word either of you - go and change. When you're back I expect you to be dressed like Andrew."

Too shocked at Peter's generosity to comment, Eric and Elizabeth took the two parcels and hastened into the house while Peter dashed behind a tree to put on his gear.

Jennifer was first to re-appear and Andrew's whistle told her all she needed to know. Smiling she minced across the drive to Peter and clung around his neck.

"Am I a good bikers' moll? Want me?" she murmured in his ear. She kissed him passionately, an opportunity Peter seized with enthusiasm. Their kiss deepened.

"Oh God, they're at it again," Andrew observed wryly.

The sound of heavy footsteps on the verandah interrupted further conversation as Eric swung the leather clad Elizabeth into his arms and carried her down the steps. As he held her there in his arms at the foot of the stairs, he kissed her and put her gently on her feet. Peter's chest swelled with pleasure at seeing the flame of quiet passion light their faces.

"Peter, for how long have you hired these bikes? But the gear that goes with them is - well exquisite." The practical mother had more questions. "Why, Peter, why?"

"Very soon I will explain everything. However, this is neither the time nor the place. The scooters and the bikes are permanent residents here. I saw the two mini bikes in the shed the other day and thought this could be a fun thing for all of us.

"Andrew, teach your Mum how to start and stop - remember it's automatic. Also teach her how to fall off but as she's been around horses she'll already know how, and with this thing she hasn't as far to fall."

Laughing at the shocked look on Elizabeth's face, Peter turned to Eric.

"Are you okay, Eric?"

A few wobbles and Elizabeth was off down the five-mile long driveway with Eric not far behind.

The dogs, which had gathered to check on all the excitement, tore off in chase.

Jennifer needed no instruction and gunned her bike into action with Andrew in close pursuit.

Standing quietly and smiling happily, Peter watched the clouds of dust as they receded into the distance. He was pleased that he'd been able to give the family such pleasure. So engaged was he in his thoughts he didn't notice Jennifer riding back towards him.

Pulling to a halt with a doughnut slide, Jennifer covered him in dust and the broad smile on her face showed how much pleasure she was getting. "Come on slow poke. Can't you ride? I'll go slowly for you and pick you up when you fall off."

"I'll be careful and not fall off," Peter grinned. "I don't want more cracked ribs."

Peter tightened his kidney belt, started the engine and took off. On one wheel, he flew down the drive, leaving a perplexed Jennifer in his wake. Seeing an irrigation mound to the side of the drive he headed for it, throwing the bike into the air before skidding to a stop. Grinning, he waited for Jennifer.

"Peter, you're incredible. You don't say you can ride horses. You just do it. You don't say you can ride a motor bike, yet you take off on one wheel and jump the bike as if you are born to it but, oh dear, how I love you."

Jennifer didn't blush as she made the admission. "Now travel slowly as we'll have to see what Mum and Dad are doing."

There was no sight of the scooters and Jennifer was becoming a little anxious until they noticed Andrew hurtling across a paddock, obviously enjoying himself.

Andrew, too busy giving orders to tease, shouted to them.

"Come on! The oldies and the dogs are down at the dam. They've reverted to teenager behavior so we'd better get there quickly before Dad starts bellowing to the heavens like a Mallee Scrub Bull."

In a single cloud of dust, the three bikes stormed into the distance until Jennifer slowed to negotiate a muddy patch. Not so Andrew, who flew through, splattering mud across her and the bike. Jennifer immediately gave chase and Peter was amused to see her lift one foot to push her brother hard in the bum so that he almost lost control.

Peter realized that the little money he had spent had brought the family pleasure and grinned, but only for a moment. The act of indulging in a simple pleasure was playing its usual trick on him, leading him to think of his own condition. Sighing sadly, he wished that his parents were there too. That would make things marvelous.

Shaking his mind clear of such sad thoughts, he joined the others on the earthen wall of the dam where two of the dogs had taken up position on the pillion seats of the two scooters as if it were their divine right to travel there.

Eric was standing with his arm around his wife whose head was against his chest. Obviously, they were extremely happy with their ride.

Overhead, two completely different, colored clouds of birds whirled around and around, dipping low to almost touch the water before rising high above the trees. The pink and grey cloud of galahs was silent as they flew, but not so the sulfur-crested cockatoos that shrieked and screamed their displeasure at the interruption to their afternoon drink. Finally, realizing that the humans posed no threat, they swooped down to land, glaring balefully at the trespassers.

In pairs, the galahs gracefully made their way to the water's edge, but not the cockatoos that noisily brawled and argued before beginning their pigeon-toed strut. Even then, they noisily shrieked and screamed their annoyance to each other before wheeling away to the distant gum trees.

A small mob of grey bush kangaroos, hard to detect in the long feathery grasses around the dam, hopped down the far bank.

Jennifer could hardly suppress her amusement as the joeys tumbled out of pouches to begin a rough and tumble game of kickboxing while their mothers, curious, stared at the visitors before dipping their heads down to quench their thirst as they decided they were safe.

At last, satisfied, the flyers called their young back to the security of their pouches and lazily ambled away in long, slow hops, disappearing back into the grass.

A rabbit darted across the dirt track, its grey body mostly hidden but its white tail like a target before it too disappeared into the long grass.

Hearing a loud splash, Peter turned to see Andrew lying in the water with Jennifer, hands on hips, laughing on the bank.

"Serves you right for splashing me," she spluttered, rushing to her bike and racing off with Andrew in close pursuit.

"They're as bad as they ever were," commented Eric. "They haven't grown up at all."

Sitting down on the grass and pulling Elizabeth onto his lap, he sighed. "Come on Peter, don't rush off after them. Let yourself rest while brother and sister relive their childhood. Besides, we would like to talk with you alone."

A flash of anxiety passed through Peter's eyes.

"We won't embarrass you," Eric hastily added.

Elizabeth had her own queries. "You ride horses, you ride motor bikes, you can sing and you danced with Jennifer with a practiced ease I haven't seen since the last time I was at the ballet. Now tell me you can shoot."

That last question really surprised Peter.

"Yes, I can shoot, and before you ask, I'm an accomplished marksman. No shot guns though. Why that question?"

Revealing her background as a rancher's wife, Elizabeth continued. "There's an infestation of wild pigs in the top paddock and shooting seems the only way of getting rid of them. They're attacking the lambs and destroying the fences."

"Wait, I'll be back soon, so perhaps I can show you." Peter was on his bike and riding away before Eric and Elizabeth could ask what he had in mind.

In minutes, Peter returned with a leather attaché case across his lap. He opened it and removed the Mini-Uzis to which he attached a collapsible stock. The large machine pistol had become a rifle.

"This will stop any pig. Perhaps you'd like a demonstration."

He rode to a gum tree over one hundred yards away and leant a fallen branch against the trunk. On his return, Eric and Elizabeth were amazed that he seemed to take very little time in aiming before they heard the soft crack as Peter fired. The branch jumped a little before falling to the ground in two pieces.

Quietly, they watched Peter lovingly remove the stock, folding it with care and returning everything to the case.

"I'm glad I haven't lost my ability," he noted. "Removing the pigs will be no problem."

Secretly he was relieved that his time in hospital hadn't affected his aim. Now that he'd satisfied Elizabeth's curiosity about his shooting ability, Peter knew there would be more questions to follow. At this stage, he wasn't ready to deal with them.

"Now, no more questions, please. You'll have all your questions answered rather soon. I'll tell you of my life and my history - something I believe I owe you because of my deep feelings for your daughter."

Further conversation was impossible as brother and sister arrived back - dusty and breathless with excitement.

"Come on, you lot! You're missing out on the fun," called Jennifer.

All five on their transport once more, with two dogs sitting up behind master and mistress, headed for a tour of the property.

They negotiated the cattle grids carefully and, as the ride progressed, Peter noted, with satisfaction, how Elizabeth and Eric were growing in confidence. He realized that there was no need to worry about the confidence of the other two. They were back on bikes, reliving their childhood. He was content.

It was dark as they turned homewards, the beams of their headlights cutting a swathe through the ground mist as it rolled down the valley.

Lovingly they parked their bikes and scooters in the machinery shed. Then the five happy riders waddled over to the house in their riding boots, footwear totally unsuitable for walking.

Peter rushed to his room, showered, changed and was in the kitchen heating the dishes before any of the others appeared.

Elizabeth demanded that she set the table in the dining room but Peter stood firm, setting out the kitchen table with the Chinese crockery and chopsticks he had earlier purchased. To the side of each setting was a bottle of Tiger Beer and a glass - full to the brim with ice.

As soon as everyone sat, Peter explained that he was waiter and that's why he was dressed in sarong with shirt and no footwear.

Standing at the foot of the table quietly he assumed control.

"Tonight I will say grace."

None of the family showed surprise at his dress or when he said the grace in Malay.

As Peter spoke the words so unfamiliar to their ears, Elizabeth was surprised to see tears in his eyes and patted his hand reassuringly as he placed a steaming bowl of Hot and Sour Soup before her.

When he had served everyone, Peter lit red candles and switched off the bright electric lights then took his seat with them at the table. Once the family had finished their soup, he placed plate after plate of varying dishes on the table.

The meal consisted of everything from a complete steamed ginger fish - including its head and eyes - to a roast duck with its head and beak prominently displayed. Crabs, fish, prawns, duck and beef were there as well as Nasi Lemak (coconut rice) and Nasi Goreng (fried rice).

Eric was the first to comment.

"I can smell incense burning and this meal - there's enough for a team of shearers. Peter, are you trying to fatten us? Just as well, Jennifer taught us to use chopsticks. I believe you once told her to learn or starve."

"Dad, you're a tattle-tale." Jennifer patted Peter's hand as she leaned across to whisper in his ear, "I love you."

Peter's hand reached across the back of her hair and he pulled her to him as he kissed her deeply.

"My God!" Andrew's laughter interrupted them. "Peter, leave the girl alone and eat or you won't have the strength to deal with her."

Jennifer pulled a face, poking out her tongue in a childish gesture at her brother.

The meal completed, Peter suggested that everyone refill their glass with ice from the bowl he had placed in the middle of the table and then fill the glass with beer. As host, he spun the duck's head as he explained the Chinese custom.

"The host spins the duck's head and the beak will point to one person who has to drain their glass without removing it from their lips, while everyone else takes a sip and shouts 'Yam Seng.' This process is repeated until all the beer's gone." He placed five more bottles of Tiger in front of each person before spinning the duck's head once more. The beak pointed to him so he drained the glass while Jennifer led the chorus of 'Yam Seng'.

Strangely enough, it was Jennifer who had to drain her glass at the next three spins of the duck's head, and it was Peter who took only little sips.

The laughter in the household was raucous as the game continued. Loudly they urged each other to be the next to drain their glass.

The game continued until Elizabeth called an end to the banquet. Tipsy and giggling, she stood and pulled Peter to his feet.

"I'm so glad Jennifer brought you home. I haven't enjoyed a day so much for..." She clutched the table and sank back to her seat.

Peter resumed command. "Goodnight everyone. You, Andrew, help me clean up. Off you others go as I believe there is church in the morning, so go, go, go!"

JAScooter
JAScooter
116 Followers
12