Wonderland

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I flipped through the pages, searching for a name...for a common symbol...and found that I was being an idiot at thinking I could read anything.

I then put the books away in frustration, unable to take the mental abuse my brain was undergoing any longer.

I checked my watch and gasped in horror.

It was almost dark: seven thirty.

My parents were going to rip me a new one.

I quickly brushed the dust off my jeans and hands before turning around to find my bag. The light that had recently been streaming through the glass windows was now barely more than enough for me to see.

Torches flared to life and the fire suddenly roared again.

I picked up my bag at the same time the tail twitched.

I froze on spot, staring in horror as the statue came to life.

Oh fudge.

The book fell to the floor, knocking up little puffs of dust. The legs stretched and the tail lashed out again, this time making a whip-like slap through the air. The wings trembled as its owner shifted and they spread apart, flapping a little.

They were absolutely humongous.

A hand rested on the top of the chair and I saw sharp talons along each slender finger dig into the material. One leg shuffled off the chair and the other clumsily followed. There was a husky murmur and then two hands pressed down against the arms of the chair, pushing the creature up.

The wings stretched again, blocking out the light of the fire.

My heart pounded in my chest as I gaped in terror at the monster that stood just a few feet from me.

Its wings folded behind its back and then muscular arms reached up above its head, like it was trying to reach for the ceiling.

Then it sneezed.

I watched as it brushed dust of its body, like it was disgusted by it. It sneezed again and then did one final stretch before turning.

I wasn't prepared for it to turn.

But I found my hand clasping my bag and my legs taking my body out of the library as fast as they could carry me. I skidded across the stone as I raced for the stairs. I heard a loud crash and I glanced over my shoulder.

The creature had collided into the stone wall of the hallway and was now following me.

It's going to eat me.

12