All Comments on 'Word Association'

by Ironiclaconic

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
annanovaannanovaabout 11 years ago
Congratulations

It worked.

Boy, that brought back memories of wordplay I used to have with some very clever men. It's a rare gift.

Thomas DrablézienThomas Drablézienabout 11 years ago
I thougt so too.....

For a what is basically a word list it is one of the most gripping things I have read on this site for some time. Well done indeed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Beautifully written. It was a pleasure to read a different scenerio. I'm not usre that words can have that impact, but I enjoyed your "associations"

Winzip042109Winzip042109about 11 years ago
Too many extra line space.

Story was fine, but ...

TOO MANY extra lines.

Just write it a an "normal" story.

Just do it once or twice.

We get the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Wow

Breathing heavy after that one. Very well written, most interesting piece I've read in a long time. Bravo

IroniclaconicIroniclaconicabout 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for the comments. Interesting responses and voting in this one. It seems to be the most polarizing story I have written, drawing roughly 60% 5s, 30% 4s, and 10% and 1s. I knew this was more experimental. It came from a Valentine's contest with 250 word limit. I considered submitting just one word dialogue exchanges. I tried it and decided it needed breaks for context and variety, resulting in the current story. For those who didn't like it, I am sorry it wasn't your thing and am thankful it was short. For those who did like it, thanks for the support, which is gratifying when I try something different.

cryforhelpcryforhelpabout 11 years ago
Tantalizing imagery

Beautiful concept, you really got me going. And that just with an exchange of words. Great execution, you really managed to hit the spot with this one!

Spartan22Spartan22about 11 years ago
Well Done

Loved the uniqueness of the story, and it worked perfectly. I doubt anyone can say they have a story like this. Please continue to bring the creativity!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
unique

you certainly have a unique way of thinking.

churnout more fresh ideas to keep our (reader's) mind twisting and turning.

drunkenphilosophydrunkenphilosophyabout 11 years ago
illustrious idea

Will work amazing as a short film, but it's delectable as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ironiclaconic: logistic excellence strikes again

Thank you; I'm only sorry I didn't find this one earlier. Excellent discipline with the 'no repetition' rule -- not something I would have come up with if I had tried writing with this premise.

And for a 250-word-limit workaround? Perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
brilliantly original :)

I'd give it a 10 if there where the stars to do it

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
love the play on words

SO; who fell into who's trap? 8~) ...DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fun!

What a fun read! I bet it was just as much fun to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
What fun!

As has already been said, fun! Original. It's a gas-gas-gas.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 9 years ago
Outstanding.

The "tennis match" style of dialogue has been done in other places in media, but I've never seen it done so well, and to facilitate so much sheer sexual arousal in a piece of literature, as you did here.

Don't sweat that ten percent; the style pulled them out of their comfort zone or they obsessed about "rules of grammar" over going with the (damn impressive) flow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FUN AND SEXY !

The author has a great command of the English language and of how to nuance. This is a fun, quick read!

loverofloveloveroflovealmost 8 years ago
Word association

I took psych my last semester of college. One of the chapters that we went over was this. It actually is something that therapist use to delve into the unconscious mind.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348almost 7 years ago

Your stories are so unique. Great writing!!!

Thanks:)

Ed

TheBeholderTheBeholderalmost 7 years ago
Hot Wordplay!

Love it! Never would have thought that a story without any actual sex in it would be so sexy. You're a master of the language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

--Hot.

- --Exciting.

--Moving.

- --Bravo!

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 4 years ago
Masterful

Loved it. Author is a genuine talent.

Ava_T_ArgentAva_T_Argentalmost 4 years ago
Hot for words

smart is sexy and this is wicked smart. love the eloquence and simplicity. shows that even without over-wrought prose, you can still clearly communicate a story of elevating desire and attraction.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
What can I say?

amazing, I wish I had the vocabulary and the spontaneity to have that kind of a conversation with a member of the female persuasion. Very good!

Davester37Davester37over 3 years ago
Great fun!

I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe2029over 2 years ago

*Standing ovation*. Seduction in its purest form. And now I need to lick a brain... Or a cold shower.

IEnjoyEroticaIEnjoyEroticaabout 2 years ago

A fun read. Sure got me going.

UncertainTUncertainTalmost 2 years ago

That was so good to read and so clever. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous