All Comments on 'Working Girl Blues Ch. 02'

by SantaMaria

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
The girls each pound 3 shots?

*sigh* <br><br>

Getting sloppy drunk is not very smart. Especially when you are dressed only in a long shirt and some killer stiletto heels out in public. This girl is supposedly gorgeous and intelligent (finished law school), but I have yet to see any evidence of that. She lets her friend talk her into dressing slutty? She sounds like she's still in high school. At her age, which should be her mid 20's at least, she shouldn't still be influenced by friends into dressing differently than she planned, or pounding shots, etc. In short, you've written a lead character who isn't very appealing.

shrdlu_etaoinshrdlu_etaoinover 16 years ago
Just a way for the girl to get angry

Don't like stories about manly men who have to walk on eggs lest Scarlett O'Hara get really mad and stalk off (which she really likes to do). It's really sexist and disturbing from a male point of view. It's happened to me more times than I can count -- a lot of women really, really like to be angry. It's a fantasy to have men plead for forgiveness.

I won't put up with it anymore.

shrdlu_etaoinshrdlu_etaoinover 16 years ago
Just a way for the girl to get angry

Don't like stories about manly men who have to walk on eggs lest Scarlett O'Hara get really mad and stalk off (which she really likes to do). It's really sexist and disturbing from a male point of view. It's happened to me more times than I can count -- a lot of women really, really like to be angry. It's a fantasy to have men plead for forgiveness.

I won't put up with it anymore.

msjay123msjay123about 16 years ago
WHEN???

when are you going to submit another chapter???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Only human characters make for convincing stories.

In response to the comment below ; Yes the protagonist made some mistakes on her night out, but isn't that the point? The fact that she has flaws does not make her unappealing, it actually makes her more beleivable as a character. Being smartt doesn't make you infallible; when you become a lawyer you don't lose your 'human' qualities or your desire to go let your hair down once in a while.

Reading about the 'perfect woman' and the 'knight in shining armour' may be what does it for some people. But nobody is perfect, so you're lost in a fantasy if you think that is how life plays out.

I think the story is great, particularly the main character who has an interesting and alluring vulnerability about her. I'm interested to read on and see whether she finds herself.. please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

where's the rest of it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story,...So Far!!

Talk about leaving us hanging. Hurry up and publish chapter 03, 04, etc.!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous