All Comments on 'Working Holiday Pt. 02'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
jenorma2012jenorma2012over 6 years ago
pretty good

Not sure I read the first one, but this one is good I really like thee way this is going and hope to read more soon

PickeringPickeringover 6 years ago
Looks like another great one!

Wonderful start to what looks like a great story. Look is forward to the next chapter. Thanks for writIng. Five star all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Could be better

Please don't mind me, but I feel like reading a Australian to English translation book rather than a story. It's okay with me if you're trying Australian English rather than neutral or US and I realize that you add the meaning of the non used terms, to make people understand the story properly, but I don’t think starting with it is a great Idea. It reminds me reading a dictionary and kill the mood. I don't think there's any need to add this, anyone interested enough can Google a few words or you can add this at the end, like the first part. Please Don't start with it.

metroalmametroalmaover 6 years ago
missed the first

Don't know when it was posted, but easy enough to go back and pick it up. This one is quite fun. The slang is a bit of a rough go, but keeps it honest, can't have the Bogan's talking Posh can we?

TrueMortTrueMortover 6 years ago
Still loving it :)

Love these. Love the Oz slang, makes me want to visit again.

Seriously can't wait for the next chapter.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 6 years ago
Love this one Shaima32!

And I can't wait for part 3! :D Thanks for sharing this with us!

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 6 years ago
Going great

I am intrigued with your story. It's well written and the character development is very well created

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bogan-speak

As someone has already noted, the bogan, (Australian redneck), speak was a tad overdone. Still 5 stars, but maybe worth pulling it back a little.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
quit whining about the language

To the whiners about the language:

Man, the best thing about this is the vicarious sense of the local language here!! WTF, this is NOT America or wherever it is you live. I grew up in Canada and now live in the USA where words are different. Use your brain, the dictionary.

Or go back to Sex in the City crap. This is very refreshing AND--realistic. Did you watch The Sopranos? Did you follow it or was it too tough? Ever watch Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels by Guy Richie? Or was the language too difficult too?

As a New Yorker would say, "Stop being a Mary!"

This stuff is awesome!!! 5 Stars

ScloseeScloseeabout 3 years ago
Love it

I love that you tell stories and not just have instant sex. I’m excited to finish this series and then read the others

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

I have to agree with a previous comment you shouldn't have to provide a dictionary, context clues are enough. I love the dialogue personally as an American. Diversity in langue and diction is wonderful. Thank you for a griping tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous