All Comments on 'World War III'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Are you a Republican?!?

No way in hell is Bush going to appiont any competent person to any position. Cronie dominate this so-called administration.

Besides, what is a Republican doing in some porno website?

A liberal

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
What did the story lead to?

Hey, the story did not seem to be leading anywhere except that a larger-than-life, almost God-like character decimates the evil dictator. Could make a nice script for a cartoon.

Also, please be more specific - words like "the opposition", "other presidential candidate" and "certain German dictator bent on world domination" are too vague. You could have given them some names, even fictional ones, to keep the vagueness out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Who says it's Bush?

I wouldn't expect an admitted liberal to like the author's story...it hits too close to home. The intentional vagueness, other than naming the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court---who could well still be in position thirty years from now---is an interesting technique.

Is Hal Franks a comic book hero? Maybe so...but he might also be the kind of person that a majority of Americans wish could rise to the office of POTUS. Instead they know too well that the office tends to be filled by mediocre men with serious flaws. Whether it's Bubba's confirmed sexual predator status or Bush's obvious liguistic failures, trully good men of unblemished character---real heroes---don't aspire to the office.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
WOOHOO

loved the story. the action and the duty for standing up your/my beliefs.

GO GO GO!!!

- Long Wang

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Helluva POTUS

Dontcha just love it.. You wrote a Pro-American story with a strong President and anti-establishment types come out.

God, were that easy to get a concensus and everyone behind the MISSION.

Loved the United States Marine Corps slant, Ohhh-Fvkking-rah!

Semper Fi.

Alfie HigginsAlfie Higginsover 18 years ago
This is a joke, right?

This read like it was written by Tom Clancy on Nitrous Oxide. Just a shade of realism might have made this little utopian jumble a bit believable.

The plot felt like it was designed by a couple of hack writers over a three martini lunch. ("Yeah! let's make him a billionaire medal of honor winning general with really cool inventions that only he has access to!")

Oh well, the site is free. You get what you pay for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Liked it!

Utopian? Sure...we'll never get that lucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Pretty funny

Even Tom Clancy wouldn't go this far. But this IS an erotica site and this a militarist's wet dream if there ever was one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OOH _RAH

Don't we all wish? Dale Brown and Tom Clancy it may have been, but I'd love to see an honest to goodness competent MAN or woman in the White House and more than a few politicians stepped on. Be nice to see some leadership for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
looks like that great POTUS turned out to be

not so great after all. Heckuvajob, dinsmore. Way to predict the glorious rise of conservativism :)I love reading fantasies like this and comparing them to the pathetic reality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Your attempt at...

synthesizing some political wet-dream is all over the map.I'm guessing you're not real familiar with either the actions of FDR during the depression and WW2 or a Libertarianism that's viable.I'm thinking the current Prez will put the lie to this neo-fascist malarkey!But-half points for inventiveness.Pistolpackinpete-(Following me,no one else!)

sarge13sarge13about 15 years ago
Right on!

Something like this should happen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
John McCain?

I have still to read the actual story but I was struck by the comment below which suggested that a good man would not aspire to the office. As an outsider I would have thought that a war hero who has spent most of his life in public service fits the bill. Granted his choice of a moron for VP was strange, or perhaps he looked at Bush and thought the electorate were not too impressed by IQ score anyway. -- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Superb. Excellent story

Well written, flawless execution, Can't wait to see it on TV

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I am tired of flaccid cock suckers who can't write commenting on my shit.

You Obama cock sucking liberal turds can go suck Biden's dick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A dream to read

I just wish it could happen in reality. Read "The Last Centurian" sometime - well worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

arrogant american

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
yep

arrogant americans said a lot and did a lot

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a fact

said a lot, did even more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Um. Wow.

I wrote quite a bit but since I have a bad habit of saying much more than is helpful, I simplified what I have to say to this:

The military theme overshadows any possible political, economic, or social realities while drawing the picture of a man too perfect for the world around him. He suffers no major setbacks, and works with men and women to suffer just as few, while his opponents are bumbling fools with no real resume for opposing him. Bad (or flat) characters, decent idea.

I truly can't say whether or not I hope you'll develop the story any more, but if you do feel like doing a lot more work on it---probably removing the major sci-fi elements in the process---I think you could make it work.

Hammer25Hammer25over 9 years ago
Good story

Screw anonymous below. Story was good. It's nice to have idealistic heroes leading nations as opposed to the scum we actually have. 5 stars

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
Hmm Arrogant Americans??

Who does everyone look to when they want someone to clean the shit up?? Americans - arrogant or not - so fuck 'em if they do not like how we meet their demands for us. You really do not like or want us fine - we can always shut down every overseas base and installation close our borders, buy what we need without giving a shit like so many others and then what?? You see cities go bankrupt from lost revenues, countries shut down essential services because we reduce or eliminate hundreds of billions in foreign aid - get over it -

Now about the story that was written - it was a shit load of fun to to read and is a great idea to contemplate the concept that the world could ever unite to meet a common foe and fix so much of the elitist BS and self serving international conflict is a wet dream and what all people should dream about - "Peace in our time!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5v stars

yes, we dumb ass Americans are there to defend the countries which aren;t capable or intelligent enuff to defend themselves.

problem is we don't have anyone to defend us against the Hitlers, Khrushchev, obamas, clintons, feinsteins,etc

oldpoet451oldpoet451over 8 years ago
Very Tom Clancy

Great read. Too bad it will never happen. Both parties are putting forward shit for candidates. But thanks for a wonderfully written fairy tale. Semper Fi!!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Wow

If only it were close to reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love It

Perhaps switch it over to Science Fiction. An inspiring and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Read

A little too much Pollyanna for my personal taste, but still a well written great story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic Read

Great yarn and nice to see that the author likes a vision of people at the top in DC who want the best for America. The Swamp would prefer a far worse world. A definite Five score!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great 5* Fiction Story

I agree with others re comments about Writer being a Tom Clancy clone. This was a fantastic story of how war is, there is lots of death and mutilated bodies that come home. A little over the top on weapons and systems. Obviously we do not want a real WWIII as there may not be anything or very few left back in Stone Age. Thanks for great read!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

God I wish the current man in the White House and our government was like this and not the self serving, narcissistic punks that they are. It's hard when you love America and hate our leaders.

jrazzjrjrazzjrover 2 years ago

oh, one could only wish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I only wish!!!

Phxray54Phxray545 months ago

And gets the girl in the end. Outstanding!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous