Yearning Hearts Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*******

Seven hours later they were back in New York but they both had stuff to do at their offices so they only had a few minutes to stop at the penthouse and drop their bags off. Thomas didn't have his car there so Jonathan gave him his and called Samuel to pick him up. Jonathan ended up leaving first because he had to prepare for his meeting the next day.

Thomas on the other hand was dreading going to his office because he knew he had a lot of explaining to do and he also wanted to break some news to his boss. Something that he'd been thinking about for a while but didn't know if it was the right thing to do; not even Jonathan knew about it. With all the changes in his life lately, he finally came to a decision.

On the plane ride over, they just sort of moved between the bedroom and the seating area. From laying in bed talking and cuddling to sitting side by side holding hands and discussing what they'd be doing once they got home.

The talk with Jesse came up and Thomas ended up asking Jonathan if his feelings for Jesse went beyond sex, in which Jonathan replied by saying that Jesse was always someone whom he could depend on whenever he needed him and he cared a lot about him as a person and friend but nothing more. He went on to say how guilty he felt about keeping their relationship going especially when he knew Jesse had feelings for him.

Thomas had to plead with him to stop beating himself up as Jesse held no grudge against him and cared a great deal about him too. When that didn't work, he told Jonathan something that Jesse had confided in him.

Jonathan had no knowledge of this but prior to meeting him, Jesse was in an abusive relationship and that affected his self worth and confidence drastically. For a while he thought he deserved it but when it went from emotional abuse to physical abuse, he knew it was time to get out. He met Jonathan one year after the fact and in the course of that whole year, he never talked to or looked at another man. He was mostly at peace with what he went through but not all the way.

It started out as honest conversation between the two over the span of three days while Jonathan was in Los Angeles for business. They both enjoyed each other's company a great deal but while Jonathan only viewed him as friend/friends with benefits, Jesse saw a strong, confident, gentle man who made him feel like he was worth something, like he was special and deserved to be loved. Before, he was only attracted to the typical bad boy persona who always ended up breaking his heart but Jonathan made him realize that he needed to make better choices when it came to matters of his heart.

After hearing this, Jonathan's initial thought was to find out whoever that guy was who hurt Jesse, but then Thomas told him that Jesse had buried that part of his past and interfering like that would only bring back those terrible memories; plus Jesse apparently had pleaded with Thomas not to tell Jonathan about it. So even though he broke his trust, Jesse didn't need to know that.

*****

Thomas knocked three times then entered his boss's office. "Hey boss!" He called out to Jeff Barnes cheerfully yet cautiously as he knew the wrath was coming. He'd been avoiding any calls from his office since he took two weeks off a few weeks ago. He wasn't worried about being terminated or anything like that but he knew Jeff must be completely livid with him.

"Clarke? Have a seat."

Yeah, he was definitely mad; he had him at Clarke. Jeff viewed Thomas as one of his star brokers and in return Thomas looked to him as a great mentor, so when he addressed him as Clarke, Thomas definitely knew the boss wasn't pleased.

"Jeff let me explain." He tried to explain before the shit really hit the fan but Jeff wasn't having it.

"No!" Jeff told him, sounding very final

"Ohhh kaay then." Thomas murmured under his breath and pursed his lips together, bracing himself for the wrath he knew was coming his way.

"God help me Clarke, you're one of my best brokers but I never expected this from you! Where in the hell have you been?! I've called, sent texts, emails and still no response! I swear I've called your more times over the past week than I've called my own kid in a whole year." That was a bit extreme but Thomas still felt really bad nonetheless. Jeff was a nice guy and a great boss. He never meant for it to seem like he didn't care. After he found out about what Jonathan did, he definitely didn't want to deal with work; he just didn't have the strength. Then when he followed Jonathan to LA he just wanted to focus on him and nothing else.

"I don't know what the hell's going on with you, but whatever it is I hope you've dealt with it because I need you back with your 'A' game. I mean it Clarke! We can't have this shit again!" He waved his forefinger as he spoke then huffed in exasperation when he noticed Thomas' hand going up, eager to say something. "For the love of God! What is it?!"

Thomas cleared his throat then began explaining his absence from a formal viewpoint. As proud as he was of his relationship with Jonathan, Jeff didn't need to know his business. He kept it professional but he also expressed how sorry he was for neglecting his duties and quite frankly being disrespectful. He then went on to reveal something which took Jeff completely by surprise.

"Resign?! What the hell for?!" Jeff asked in confusion.

Thomas got up from his chair and stood behind it. "I uh..." He took a deep breath. "I've been thinking about this for a while now, actually."

"What brought this on? Is it another offer? Do you need a salary increase?" Jeff was baffled.

Thomas chuckled softly. "No, please it has nothing to do with that, believe me. It's a personal decision. I've had five successful years here and I couldn't be more grateful to you for believing in me back then." His reason for leaving was so he could focus on his writing but he didn't want to tell Jeff that. People tended to laugh at stuff like that, especially where an income was concerned. He was leaving a well paid job to do something most would consider a hobby.

"Ok then." Jeff blew out an exhausted breath, leaned back in his chair and took off his glasses. "I can't believe this; but if that's what you truly want... I hate to lose you but you sound like you've made up your mind." Thomas nodded. "But...since I've seen so many people done this and regret it and I happen to give a shit about your arrogant ass..."

Thomas laughed.

"...I'm gonna accept this, as a temporary resignation. If in three months you still feel strongly about this, then I'll grant you..."

"Jeff, you don't have to do that. I know what I'm doing."

"Oh, I know I don't, but I don't want to see you screw up your future kid. Relax, I'm not asking you to come to the office during that time; just make sure that you're absolutely sure about this when those three months are up."

Thomas more than appreciated Jeff for what he was doing but he doubted that he'd be changing his mind at the end of those three months. "Ok. I appreciate it, boss."

Jeff chuckled and shook his head. "Oh, you better." They both had a laugh about that but Thomas soon made a suggestion that probably showed Jeff that he was in fact serious about resigning.

"You're being far more generous and understanding than I thought you'd be but I'd like to ask another favor." Thomas was very serious and composed as he spoke. "There is someone that I'd love for you to consider filling in for me when I'm gone." He wasn't sure how Jeff was going to take it but he was hopeful nonetheless.

"Your assistant."Jeff already knew who Thomas was referring to.

"Yeah. I know it's asking a lot especially when she hasn't been with us very long, but she has an amazing passion for the business, she a hard worker and she is loyal to a fault." Jeff's face was unreadable so Thomas continued. "She has been invested in every aspect with all my clients since she's been here. She has great ideas and...she's beautiful, which is an absolute bonus."

"Jesus Christ Thomas." Jeff laughed awkwardly as he shook his head unbelievably. "I hope people don't think that looks is part of the requirements when applying for a job here but...good sell. Again, I hate to lose you but I trust your judgment. If you think she deserves this chance then I'll consider it."

Thomas' face lit up. "Thanks Jeff, I really appreciate it; and believe me she won't disappoint, I can attest to that." Thomas reached forward and shook his hand firmly. "Thank you Jeff. Really, you're the best boss ever."

"Quit sucking up Clarke. I said I'll consider the girl." Jeff laughed loudly as he stood and pulled Thomas in for a hug and a few firm slaps on the back.

After he left the office he dropped Jonathan's car off at Empire Gold in Jonathan's private garage then took a taxi to his house to pick up a few things. He noticed that Marian had picked up some of hers and Belle's stuff already so he just grabbed the last six luggages with his clothes and shoes and a few boxes and loaded it in his car. That was the last time he planned on ever going back there so he took one last look around, sort of to say farewell to the home he thought he'd grow old in. One of the worst moments in his life occurred right there in that living room but he also had good memories there with Marian and Belle. Now he was on to make even happier ones with the man he loved.

On the way back he called their favorite restaurant to have some of Jonathan's favorites delivered at the penthouse at six that evening. He hadn't heard from Jonathan since they parted ways earlier but he knew Jonathan was busy preparing for his meeting so he didn't want to disturb him.

When he got back to the penthouse he did some unpacking then called Charlie to let her know that he'd returned. He told her about his decision to leave his job and she promised she'd stop by the following day. He wanted see and talk to Belle but he preferred if he and Jonathan did it together.

Six, seven, eight, nine, ten pm passed and Jonathan still hadn't gotten home yet. At eight O' clock he had sent him a text asking him what time he'd be home, in which Jonathan then replied, 'I'll be home soon baby.' It was a personal decision to leave real estate but he was starting to have doubts if he was being honest. There he was in a huge penthouse curled up on the couch with a glass of wine waiting for Jonathan. He honestly felt like a true housewife waiting for her husband to come home.

He wasn't complaining about Jonathan working late because that wasn't anything unusual for him and he also knew how important that account was to Jonathan. It however made him think about something.

******

Three hours later after he'd gone to bed and fallen asleep, he heard the shower running indistinctly and immediately got out of bed. He leaned against the vanity with his arms across his chest and looked at Jonathan through the huge transparent shower door. His back was turned so he didn't notice when he entered.

Damn he looked good; Thomas stared lustfully at his man. He bit his bottom lip as he ogled those strong muscles flexing across that broad muscular back and shoulders. He was combing his hair back with his hands as he let the water flowed down his body. Thomas crossed his legs, feeling himself getting hard. His eyes traveled further down to that narrow waist then rested on a pair of muscular ass which he loved grabbing when Jonathan was on top of him pounding the ever living fu...

"Hey baby, I didn't see you there, what are you doing up?"

Thomas cleared his throat then tore his eyes from Jonathan's midsection to his eyes. 'Get a grip Thomas,' he urged himself. Suddenly he remembered why he went in there in the first place. He ignored Jonathan's question but instead asked, "Did you just get home?" Jonathan was now giving him full frontal and he literally had to force himself to maintain eye contact. He felt like he was literally being compelled to strip and enter the shower.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I know I said I'd be here sooner but I had to make sure everything was perfect for tomorrow, or rather today," Jonathan chuckled softly but Thomas wasn't laughing at all. He did a quick math in his head.

"You're aware that you've been up for almost twenty hours, right?"

"Huh? No I'm ok, I promise. I've been on a major high all day; I must have had about six cups of coffee or seven..."

"Almost twenty hours. Babe, come on that's insane. I'm surprised you're not asleep on your feet right now." A twenty hour work day may be normal for some people but he knew Jonathan. The man could do a hundred things throughout the day but he liked a good night sleep to recharge; and no matter how tired he got, he would never sleep during the day.

"Thomas I said I'm alright." Jonathan assured him.

"Well of course you're gonna say that. You don't have to push yourself so hard Ethan; you're not a machine. You did an amazing job of selling them your concepts before, so I don't think you have anything to worry about; at least, I hope so." He didn't mean to sound like a total nag but he sort of felt guilty and conflicted especially when he wasn't sure if Jonathan was pushing himself so hard because of what he did to jeopardize the meeting before.

"I know, you're right and I'm sorry; but I do need to look over a few things before bed; I promise I won't..."

"Oh no you're not." Thomas was serious and if Jonathan knew what was good for him, he wouldn't even try debating.

"Babe, come on! I told you..."

"I said no Ethan! You need to rest. It can wait until tomorrow; or later or whatever. " He walked out throwing the final words over his shoulder. He knew Jonathan probably had a lot more to say but he wasn't hearing it.

"Have you eaten?" He asked when Jonathan returned from the bathroom completely naked while he scrubbed his hair with a towel.

"Yeah, Allison got me something earlier." Jonathan's less than enthused answer was enough to show Thomas that Jonathan wasn't happy but he didn't care.

When Jonathan finished slipping on a pair of grey boxer briefs he held up the comforter for him to slip in. He wanted to make a joke about Jonathan's law of no underwear in bed but he decided against it. "What time is the meeting?" He whispered against Jonathan's chest as he ran his hand soothingly down his abs and looked up at him.

"They should be there at ten but you never know if they'll change their minds at the last minute. The chase is exciting and I know it'll be an amazing partnership once everything is finalized but in between that time, we basically have to kiss their asses till the ink hits the paper."

"You won't be kissing anyone's ass but mine so you better get that out of our head right now." Thomas warned him humorously causing Jonathan to laugh out.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Jonathan murmured as he looked down at Thomas adoringly then kissed his lips softly and deeply.

"You'll do great baby; I know you will. I believe in you." Thomas melted into his embrace when Jonathan wrapped his arm around him even tighter and kissed him again.

"So what did you do today?" Jonathan questioned tiredly as he removed his hand from his mouth after a yawn.

Thomas hooked his leg between Jonathan's and snuggled even closer. "We can talk about me tomorrow. Get some sleep." Not more than a minute later and Jonathan was fast asleep. He really wanted to tell Jonathan about his decision to resign but he figured it was better to wait until after the meeting had concluded.

Five hours later he felt Jonathan carefully starting to ease away from him. He didn't have to open his eyes to know that he was trying to sneak away. He wanted to tell him to at least sleep in another hour but he knew Jonathan well enough to know that he'd just lay there wide awake, just counting down the minutes.

With that he pretended to play oblivious and kept his eyes closed. He was aware when Jonathan returned from the bathroom, to him trying to have a quiet conversation on his phone from inside the closet.

"Whoa, hold it right there stud. Were you just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Jonathan was just about to walk out the door when he sat up, leaned back on his elbows and looked at the sexiest male specimen ever created.

"Caught." Jonathan turned around looking totally guilty after which flashed that gorgeous smile as he inched closer to the bed. "I wasn't doing a very good job of being quiet, was I?" He whispered huskily as he leaned down, cradled Thomas' head and kissed him on the forehead.

Thomas scrunched his nose up goofily and shook his head. "No, not really." Jonathan held his chin tilting it upwards, obviously ready to claim his lips but..."Hold that thought," he pressed his forefinger against Jonathan's lips then scurried from under the cover and ran to the bathroom to wash his mouth out with some mouthwash. He knew his breath wasn't terrible but it wasn't exactly on the level Jonathan's was either. "Now, where, were we Mr. CEO?" he wrapped his arms around Jonathan's neck and smiled up at him.

"You're insane, you know that?"

"Guess we're two peas in a pod then." Thomas whispered seductively right before Jonathan greeted his lips with a very good morning. "So is your dad going to be there this time or will it be just you?"

"No, I'm doing it solo this time. I respect my dad a lot but I don't need him there breathing down my neck." Jonathan looked into his eyes and rubbed their noses together as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

"I know you don't; but you do know that that's not his intention right? He thinks very highly of you and he just wants you to be successful, probably even more than he has."

"How do you always know just what to say when I need you to? I honestly don't think I could've gotten this far without your support."

"That's sweet of you but I don't believe that for one second." He ran his fingers over Jonathan's medium stubble beard. "You're so driven and smart and focused; you've always been that way, from the moment I met you. I admire and respect that about you. You're the best man I know. I know you'll knock em right off their feet again like you did the other day, but just know that even if it doesn't go the way you want it to, I'm so proud of you." Just by looking into Jonathan's eyes, he could tell how much those words meant to him. He felt immensely proud that he could be that anchor and support system for Jonathan. Nothing felt better than making him happy.

Before he knew it, Jonathan was kissing him heatedly while walking him back until the back of his knees hit the bed. "Wait, what are you doing?" He giggled as Jonathan laid him on the bed and started kissing his neck.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Jonathan raised Thomas' T-shirt and started kissing up his stomach until he attacked one of those nipples which were already erect due to his mild stimulation on them prior.

"Ohhhh Ethan," Thomas moaned and bit on his lip. He couldn't believe how easy it was for him to get aroused. His cock was already screaming for release. "Baby stop, I don't want you to be late." His actions were the complete opposite of what he was saying. His words said no more but at the same time he was spreading his legs for Jonathan and holding Jonathan's head down on his nipple. He felt so warm and vulnerable he couldn't stand it.

Jonathan then moved onto his next nipple while he slipped his hand inside his briefs and began stroking his hard dripping cock slowly. "Oh fuck," Thomas whimpered needily as he thrusted his hips up to speed up the stimulation on his aching dick.

"Do you wanna come?" Jonathan whispered against his ear huskily while he sped up his hand movement.

"Yes." He managed to squeak out.

"How much, tell me how much you want to come." Thomas couldn't take it anymore. He wanted to come, he needed to come. It was very soon for him to want to come already but his whole body was on fire.

1...34567...12