All Comments on 'Yes, My Lord'

by shylaww

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not OK

The jarring use of the relatively modern Americanism "Ok", especially by a wellbred English governess, quite spoiled my enjoyment of an otherwise charming tale. Such a pity ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This is amazing! Cant wait for the next chapters!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Heartfelt

This is truly a sensual, heartfelt story. I hope there is more to come.

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 7 years ago
Lovely story

Thanks so much for this lovely story. You so sensitively described the complicated feelings of Violet and Ainsley, the way that the embers of past ardor burst back into flame when they are reunited, the way that Violet lets herself succumb to these new, unexpected sensations. "She was an educated woman, she knew the general mechanics of lovemaking, but she could not have guessed ..." That is erotica, in my book. And mighty fine writing.

I half expected that Ainsley, though genuinely overcome by sentimental nostalgia back home for the holidays, would recover himself when he returned to his current life, shake his head, and go on to secure his comfortable title. But I will take your word for it, that Violet was such a candle of philosophical free thinking that she enkindled in him the manliness to stand up to his ring and his consummation. Such a romantic story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Definitely need a sequel

This plot has so much potential that it would be stupid it to end it with a single story. May be you can write a sequel where they face the reprecrussions of their decision and finally a third story which describes how they lived happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This was pretty good. Definitely has potential for a sequel. What will his family say? He's already flouting convention by working as a tutor, and now marrying the governess.

I noticed the word "ok" was used, which is definitely a modern Americanism, and also centimeters were not used back then. Not til around the 1960s. Easily correctable though. You should do a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Please Continue

This was a fanstatic story. Please continue writing! I see great potential here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous