All Comments on 'You Don't Deserve A Good Man'

by stevewaterloo

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I knew it was going to be rough when the opening to the second paragraph read:

"Honey I am YOU Dad"

Sure enough, the trend continued.

I did enjoy the plot, it was different, and sadly with a bit of effort it could have been so much more.

If you can't take the time to edit, or at the very least proof read, don't bother posting. Give it to a writer and let them write it and you can consult.

Damn, so much potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Couldn't get past the second paragraph.

Bedspread02Bedspread02over 9 years ago
Really good idea

I really like the idea for this story and with a little editing this could be a really high scoring tale.

Don't let the anonymous rabble get to you, you have talent that a good editor can turn into some top rated stories.

Keep writing, I look forward to reading more of your work.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Well Written

Horrible story, every father's nightmare. He should have interceded a long time ago. 4* because it was so damn depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why is this in Loving Wives?

And he had her sterilized without her knowledge or consent? Try again.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Well written short story...

And I like the fact that it was written from a different perspective. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
For those who couldn't get beyond the first paragraph of this good story

http://www.rocketreader.com/benefits/slow.html

"Remedial reading instruction for slow readers - Become fast and accurate readers with RocketReader!"

RhomanovRhomanovover 9 years ago
Editor

It needs one.

Great plot.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Good story...

The father said it all. She didn't care about herself, nor have any self-respect.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Nce idea

However it needed work in implementation.

I would have made it a group of women trying to bring a straying slut back into the fold. An intervention. Had the potential to be powerful.

This is a dad cursing out his daughter to her face. Honestly, if his daughter had been a 'good woman' and married the local dog catcher, do you think her dad would have had anything more to brag about compared to Brad? Not really. Sounds like she's a loser in more than just her sexual mores.

So nice try

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Could she REALLY be that dumb?

Because you made it sound like this girl couldn't add one plus one. UGH!

anon606anon606over 9 years ago
I come here to read FICTION,

and this happened. I don't know who or where, but it did and does.

cpetecpeteover 9 years ago
Fine tale

Close to real life, well done story

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 9 years ago
Enjoyable...

...and right to the point. Liked it quite a lot. Wee done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Shit writing

Displays a thorough lack of knowledge of any and all writing mechanics. Couldn't overlook the shitty writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Ok Story but Wrong Category

Probably could use an editor. Not a bad story though - Dad wasn't as harsh as he could have been. Not sure which category - maybe erotic couplings better fit.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Yawn

Yes, this was poorly written, but I could overlook that if the plot itself were compelling or thought-provoking in some way. I'm even willing to give this author a pass because it's his first submission, and he will only improve with time (and encouragement.)

Unfortunately, there aren't many redeeming qualities to this story. I hesitate to even call it a story, because it was simply a conversation. A conversation can be a story if it is recounted well, if it has some sort of plot, a beginning, a middle, an end, some sense of conflict or struggle, an epiphany, etc.. SOMETHING.

Sadly, this conversation included nothing of the sort. Instead, it was simply another example of a wise, all-knowing male lecturing to a stupid, spineless, one-dimensional, amoral female. It doesn't matter if its father/daughter or husband/wife. This "plot" has been repeated, ad nauseum, several times this week alone.

Yet another non-erotic essay/lecture/rant miscategorized as Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Not bad.

Honestly, this should be in non-erotic. That said, it's an interesting story. Some women, and some guys, more than deserve to hear such words. Glad to know Brad got over her, got on with his life and reached his best destiny.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Distraction.

A summary of a slut's life in a few words. I really feel sorry for the father.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Thanks***

For sharing.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

I had to give this little story an extra star just because the dad made me laugh. Him telling Sherrie she is the town slut is comical. It's so funny because Sherrie don't understand why she can't keep a man and why Brad didn't want anything to do with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wrong category.

How the hell is this a "loving wives" tale? This belongs in Non Erotic -- or not on Lit at all. Please seek an editor if you write more.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Nice

I guess she grew up just like her mother. She is the daughter from hell. Time to walk the streets. Maybe she'll find her ideal pimp.

Not nice. I take it back.

Fucking skank

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Because I want you to succeed!!

Very nice original story device. Not a story but a good start. Write some more and get better.

Since we give you no money for reading your stuff. We can only pay with comments.

Keep writing I'll look out for your offering as

AMerryMan

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 7 years ago
Interesting

But the only 'Loving Wife' is Sherrie's Mom, and We-The-Readers never meet that particular slut!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good.one

Dad sure he a lot.more patience than I would with the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The support and love a father can give is

Amazing. Not all men do, but neither do all mothers. It's unfortunate during our time, it is presumed mother automatically is better parent, even selfish cheaters. Time to hang the judges, lawyers, and politicians and start again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
damn good father

left his toxic slut of a mother. tried to raise this girl right without beating her over the head with a 'common sense' stick. (prolly should have)

tried to set her up with a young boy her age that idolized her. still helps her out as she is now. and best of all....he got her tubes tied....so she can no longer darken doorways with the same impact.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Reading this again, pretty solid story about a daughter who takes after her mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Sad thing is there are so many young single women around this day and age that are very similar situations as this daughter. Too much sense of entitlement. They would rather live with controlling assholes then give a decent guy who truly cares for her a chance. Fortunately, most finally grow up. Usually, it's when they start to close on 30 years old and start asking questions of why their life is in the crapper.

It usually takes someone like this father to wake them up. Unfortunately, this daughter seems to be in the 'you can't fix stupid' category.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerabout 3 years ago

She demonstrates an unchecked hypergamy. She will never find mr. right for he only exist in her psyche. Hypergamy is balanced by pragmatism and that is developed through tough experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I rabidly support this statement "Time to hang the judges, lawyers, and politicians and start again" to an insane(😂) degree and will add all the hypocritical religious leaders as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The commenter who remarked on growing up had it right. You cannot necessarily judge someone by their past if they have changed that behavior in the present. Being upfront about one's past with a prospective partner, saying and demonstrating such change to that person IS growing up. A dependable and worthy spouse. Especially in a smaller community. Good parable author. I knew a man-whore version of the authors antagonists many years ago when he wrecked relationships with really good young women. Some had become good friends of mine. He drifted away when I gave him the good friend version of the father character. I remember his plight well as I navigated a sometimes fractious marriage for 30 years. I married one of the former girlfriends and he was such a fool!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Hit the nail on the head, and the nail kept on being a nail. Good story.

Ed

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous