You're Fired!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,113 Followers

It was well into the morning hours before we returned to the house, my hand and wrist newly encased in plaster and me doped up on painkillers. I was exhausted despite having managed a few cat naps during the night. Angela had to help me out of the car, which only made me feel more useless. She tried to get me to go into her bedroom with her but I just shook her off without a word and went to my room. I may have been the one to punch the wall, but in my mind this was mostly her fault. She didn't say a word as I shut myself in my room.

<><><><><>

Clancy's Pub

"Don't feel much like going home, huh boss?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"You never used to go out after work, and now it's 2 or 3 times a week. It seems pretty clear. Things that bad?"

"He's just a mess, Mel. It's been 6 weeks since he broke his hand and he hasn't done a damn thing. He mostly just sits around the house drinking."

"He sounds depressed."

"He is, but he won't talk to me. He won't talk to a counselor either. I've tried everything I can think of to get him off his ass. He probably wouldn't even shower if I didn't make him. I'm trying to be supportive while he works himself through this but I'm not gonna smell him while I do it."

"Is he still job hunting?"

"Not that I've seen. I guess he figures there's no point. He won't do anything. Hell, he won't even mow the lawn. I had to hire a service."

"So, what now?"

"I don't know, Mel. I guess I just have to be patient. This is the 'worse' of 'for better or worse' so that's all I can do. It's getting frustrating, though."

<><><><><>

I was flopped on the sofa watching the Sox kick the shit out of the Yankees when Angela came home. I had spent much of the day drinking. Heck, I had spent much of the last month drinking. It was obviously pointless to look for a job and, as Angela had once pointed out, she made more than enough money to support us. I was beginning to think that drinking on the couch might not be a bad way to spend the rest of my life.

"Drinking again, huh, Henry."

It wasn't a question.

"Got nothin' better to do."

"Yeah, actually you do. You could look for a job. Or fix some of the things around the house that need fixing. Or maybe just do a God damn load of laundry!"

"What the hell crawled up your ass?"

"You're fucking pathetic, that's what. I can't believe the man I married has let a few setbacks stop him. In fact, the man I married wouldn't. I don't know who the hell you are but you sure aren't the Henry Weston I married. He was a man."

She turned and went into her bedroom, leaving me watching her back as she walked out of the room. Pathetic? Did that bitch just call me pathetic? Well, fuck her. This whole damn thing is her fault. Who the hell does she think she is? If she hadn't fired me none of this would've happened. I went back to the game.

I woke up the next morning having to piss something fierce. I was still on the couch, having fallen asleep (or passed out) at some point in the night. I didn't remember turning off the TV so I assumed Angela had done it at some point. A quick glance toward her room told me that she had already left for work. No surprise since it was nearly 8:00am.

I managed to pull my waistband down and begin the process of relieving myself. While the cast was gone, I was still wearing a brace to stabilize my hand and it made things like buttons on pants very hard to manage, so I had taken to wearing things with elastic so I could just pull them on and off.

As I stood there draining the main vein I caught sight of myself in the mirror. I looked like shit. My hair was dirty and too long, longer than I had ever had it. I hadn't shaved in days and I was wearing a ratty old t-shirt. I looked like I was homeless, and without Angela I probably would be. For once she was right. I really was pathetic, and it was time to put an end to that.

I stripped down and took off my brace. I climbed into the shower and spent a good 30 minutes scrubbing the hell out of myself. I'd show her.

I went to my barber. Yeah, I said barber. Norm Jones was 60-something years old and a throwback. There was no styling here; there was cutting. He could do a few different things but he got his training in the army and that's how he still cut hair. So, expect it to be short.

He also did shaves with an old-fashioned straight razor, and I had never known him to so much as nick anyone. I sat down in the chair and he gave me the full treatment, complete with the hot towel.

I left Norm's shop feeling much better about myself. I headed home to start my job search again. Obviously, I wasn't going to find anything around here so I'd just have to expand my search. I wasn't sure how far away I'd have to go to live down the reputation that Angela had created for me, but whatever it took I was going to do it. It was time to reclaim my manhood.

<><><><><>

Angela Jarrett left her office at 7:00pm. She'd had some work she needed to catch up on and wasn't eager to get home anyway. Things had improved but only a little. Henry had finally started taking care of himself a few weeks ago and was back spending time on the computer. She assumed that at least some of that time was spent job-hunting.

She parked her car and went inside. She still entered the house each night expecting to see him drunk on the couch but once again the living room was empty. She glanced toward the office and the light was out so she knew he wasn't in there. She went to the hallway and saw his light on but the door closed, so she went ahead and changed out of her work clothes first before going and knocking on his door.

"Come in."

Angela opened the door and was taken aback by the suitcases on the bed and the packing that was going on. She asked the obvious question.

"What's going on?"

"I got a job."

Angela was thrilled, forgetting the suitcases for the moment.

"Baby, that's great! I knew you could do it. Who with? When do you start?"

"I start Monday. It's a company called Hanover's."

"I haven't heard of them. Are they a start-up of some kind?"

"Nope. They've been around for over 50 years and they're one of the biggest companies in Charlotte."

Angela's smile quickly went flat.

"Charlotte? As in, Charlotte, North Carolina."

"Yep."

"Henry, that's 1000 miles from here. Are you going to have a territory out here?"

"No. I'll be working a territory in Georgia."

"Henry, ABG's offices are here. I can't just move to North Carolina."

"That's okay. I didn't expect you to."

He continued his packing as Angela considered the impact of what he had just said.

"Are you leaving me, Henry? Divorcing me and moving to North Carolina?"

"Moving to North Carolina, yes. Divorcing you, no."

"So, if you're not divorcing me, then what?"

"Then nothing. I'm focused on getting started on my new job. That's all. I haven't even thought about much else. Maybe I'll get some clarity there. Who knows?"

"And you just expect me to accept this?"

"I don't expect anything, Angela. Not a thing. Do whatever you have to do. I'll be staying in a hotel at company expense for a few days while I find an apartment. I'll let you know the address so you can have me served if that's what you decide."

"So, that's it? You're just making this decision without discussing it with me?"

"Pretty much. You were the one that called me pathetic and told me to be a man, so that's what I did. Thanks to you I couldn't get a job anywhere near here so I just kept expanding my search until I found one, and it happens to be in Charlotte. Now, if you'll excuse me I have an early flight."

Angela was stung at the news that her husband was moving away from her, and then just dismissed her like she didn't matter. Which she apparently didn't, at least not to him anymore. But he wasn't divorcing her and that was good news. Well, she was pretty sure it was.

Okay, he was upset and had been hurt again by what she had said that night a few weeks ago. That had actually been her plan, hoping the put-downs would inspire him to prove her wrong. It had worked too well, apparently.

She went back to her room and sat on her bed in shock. What in the hell had happened? Just a few months ago she was on top of the world with a great job and husband that she loved and who loved her. Sure, she still had the job but doing it had apparently cost her the rest and for the first time she wondered if it was worth it.

<><><><><>

I finished packing the things I was going to need in suitcases to take with me to the airport. I had packed some other things in boxes and was having them shipped. I had dropped them off at a UPS Store earlier today.

The façade of disinterest I had shown Angela during that conversation had been faked, of course. Even as I was angry at her for what she had done, I still loved her desperately. But sometimes you have to take care of yourself first, and that's what this was about. I couldn't be a decent husband to her, or anyone else, feeling about myself the way I did.

I had no plans to file for divorce but fully expected her to, and so I had tried very hard to give the impression that I didn't care. Reclaiming my manhood did not include begging my wife to stay married to me while I did so. Besides, if she hadn't fired me we wouldn't be where we were.

The flight to Charlotte was uneventful and I was first taken to a Hyatt just a few miles from Hanover's offices and checked into my room. Then I went to the offices to meet John Hanover III, the grandson of the original John Hanover who had founded the company. I had spoken to him on the phone and done a video interview but this was the first time I had met him in person.

I actually spent my first month on the job training with their rep for the western part of South Carolina, Kyle Bishop. He did a good job in teaching me the ropes of how Hanover's liked things to be done, including some tricks he used to get his paperwork done a little faster.

He also proved to me that he was a big-time pussy hound. He had told me he was married and the ring on his finger confirmed as much, but that didn't stop him from picking up women with regularity. Since we shared a room while traveling he would send me a text letting me know to stay away from the room for a while. He used a code: 'Let me buy you a cup of coffee'. He figured if his wife saw that it would seem benign. The code that it was okay to come back? 'I hope you enjoyed your coffee.'

(I later found out that his wife was well aware of his infidelities but kept him around because he made a lot of money and enjoyed the life he provided for her and their 2 kids. He wasn't aware of the lovers she had while he was on the road.)

There were plenty of opportunities for me as well. At first Kyle would try to pick up pairs of women so we'd each have one, but when I didn't go for it he focused on singles. Of course, that left me alone a lot of the time drinking all that coffee he bought for me, and I got hit on a few times myself. I just flashed my ring and thanked them for their interest. No matter the state of my marriage, I was a married man.

I hit the ground running when I went solo in Georgia. I had spent a lot of time studying Hanover's products and their features and worked out some creative ways to present them. Sales were brisk and apparently a significant increase over the last rep they had in this territory.

After my first month, I got a call from Jack Hanover II. He was the chairman and, of course, dad to Jack III. He wanted to personally congratulate me on how well I had done and how glad they were to have me on board. He noted that the previous rep had become a little lax in his efforts and I was a welcome change. I thanked him for his kind words and assured him I would continue working hard.

I spent another month pretty much on the road. I had additional samples shipped to wherever I was as needed. I hit every major client in my territory during that month to introduce myself and get the orders rolling.

I finally returned to my apartment and I found myself exceedingly lonely at night. Even though it had been some time since Angela I had gotten along and we hadn't been sleeping in the same bed, I took comfort in her being there in the house, and I was acutely aware of her total and complete absence. Crap. I really missed her.

I resolved to get myself a social life so I made an effort to meet some of my neighbors in the apartment complex and also to make friends with other Hanover's employees. I focused on the support staff since they didn't travel, figuring matching up schedules would be easier. I was happy that my efforts resulted in some good friendships.

<><><><><>

I had been on the job for nearly 4 months when the unexpected knock came on the door. I paused the Carolina Panthers game that was on (got to love the DVR) and opened the door to Angela and an overnight bag.

"Angela?"

"Hello Henry"

At that moment, a noise from inside my apartment caught both of our attentions. I glanced back over my shoulder to make sure all was well and Angela tried to look as well, but I had only opened the door a little bit and my body blocked any view she may have had.

"Are you alone, Henry?"

"Huh?"

"Do you have a woman in there?"

"I don't know what you've been up to the last few months, Angela, but I'm a married man."

"And I'm a married woman who is just as committed to her vows as you are. May I come in?"

I wordlessly stepped back and opened the door, allowing Angela to enter my fairly modest apartment. Hey, I was a man so I focused on function. She was NOT happy to see the tall, slim blonde woman stretched out on the couch.

"Angela, this is my neighbor, Debbie."

At that moment, and fortunately before anything could happen, a man appeared from down the hallway, coming into the living room to see what was going on.

"And her husband, Greg. We were hanging out watching the Panthers game," I said, gesturing to the TV. "Guys, this is my wife, Angela."

Debbie's eyes lit up.

"I knew you looked familiar. Your picture is up on his wall in the hallway."

I winced, for some reason unhappy that Angela was made aware of that fact. Debbie got up and shook Angela's hand, and Greg followed suit. Angela's face was decidedly less angry now.

"Come on, honey," Debbie said. "I bet these two need to talk."

"Sure, babe," Greg answered dejectedly as he looked at the 28-28 score frozen on the screen and showing less than two minutes to go. "The game was a blowout anyway."

We stayed silent as we waited for them to leave. Angela had her back to the door and was just looking at me as Debbie mouthed 'good luck' to me as she closed the door behind them. They had grown to be good friends and I had told them most of my story.

"What're you doing here, Angela?"

"I'm here for two things, Henry. The first one is simple enough. I need to get laid."

"You came all the way to Charlotte for that?"

"Yes. The only man in the world that I want to have sex with lives in Charlotte so here I am."

"And you think that's a good idea?"

"I think it's a spectacular idea, and I think you do to, unless you're going to turn this down."

She unzipped her skirt and dropped it to the floor, revealing a black set of garters and stockings and a complete lack of panties. As I focused on that she quickly unbuttoned her blouse and it fell to the ground as well, revealing a matching shelf bra. Yeah, I was hard and not stupid.

"No, I don't think I'll turn that down."

She smiled and took my hand to lead me down the hall to the bedroom. When we got there she sat down on the bed and unbuttoned my jeans as I pulled my shirt off over my head. She slid my jeans and boxers to the floor in one motion.

"Part of you is glad to see me," she said as she gave that part plenty of attention. "I'd give you a blow job but it's been so long I'm afraid I might drown when you cum. Just get up here and fuck me."

Angela spread her legs and ran her fingers up and down the slick slit that lay amongst the fuzzy bush she sported. I was definitely horny but I wasn't much in the mood for gentle lovemaking. I pulled her legs up higher and buried my cock in her pussy. Damn, she was wet!

"Oh fuck, baby, I needed this!"

This was no gentle stroking. This was hard and fast fucking like my life depended on it. I wondered if she was even enjoying it but the orgasm she had fairly quickly suggested she was. It wasn't long before I came as well and she was right: there was an awful lot of it. And to my surprise, for the first time since I was in my 20's, I never went soft. I stayed hard and kept pounding away until she had 2 more orgasms and I came again. Finally, I rolled off her and on to the mattress.

"Taking out some aggressions on me, were you?"

"A few."

"If that's what I'm gonna get maybe I should piss you off a little more often," she said, with a little giggle at the end.

Of course, I got upset.

"So, I'm not actually enough for you? You need to piss me off to make it any good for you?"

"Shit, Henry, it was a joke, okay? I've always loved what you do to me, but I'll admit I enjoyed you plowing me into the mattress just now. Stop trying to turn everything I say into an insult."

"Fine. Whatever. You said there were two things you wanted to do while you were here, right?"

"Yep, but we're not done with the first one yet, and now that old faithful has blown twice I think I can safely give him some oral attention."

She took my cock into her mouth and I let myself enjoy it. Angela hadn't ever given a blow job when we met, claiming it was something special she was saving for the man she married. For a while they weren't all that special, but with lots of practice she became really good at it. I was hard in no time, and after a couple of minutes she climbed on top of me, pinning my wrists to the bed and gently moving up and down.

"The other thing I need to do is shop."

"Is Charlotte some mecca of shopping that I wasn't aware of?"

"No, but I'll need a toothbrush and things like that, plus clothes to wear when I visit."

"What're you talking about, Angela."

"I plan on coming to see you every other weekend, probably alternating between a long weekend and a short one. I'll probably have to do some work while I'm here but we'll still have plenty of time together. And I don't want to have to worry about packing every time so I'm gonna get some things to keep here."

"You're going to fly here every other weekend?"

"All you have to do to stop me is file for divorce. But I love you, baby. I always have and always will, and spending my retirement without you is not acceptable."

She just kept moving up and down on me, slowly and steadily. I could have stopped her but there was nothing wrong with listening to what she had to say and getting a little enjoyment at the same time, am I right? She continued.

"I busted my ass to make CEO and I'm not giving that up; at least not yet. In a few years I'll be ready to retire and between my stock options and the golden handshake I'll get for making the company as profitable as it is will mean I won't have to work again. So, you and I are just going to have a long-distance marriage for a while."

"Making some assumptions, don't you think?"

"Hey, military people do it all the time, and they don't even get to see each other every other weekend like we will. And you're welcome to ease my travel burden by coming to see me at our house."

"Do you think I've forgiven you?"

"Of course you have. My picture is hanging in your hallway, remember, and don't think I didn't see that one next to the bed when we came in here as well. You miss me just as much as I miss you. And I know you still love me; don't even try to deny it."

BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,113 Followers