You're Fired!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah," I admitted. "I do, but..."

"But nothing. Look, the fact is that while I acted like a bitch, you acted like a total asshole."

When she said that I actually tried to get up but she pushed me back down and I was so tired from our afternoon romp that I couldn't put up much of a fight. Besides, I was still balls deep in her and it felt good.

"I talked to your accounts, Henry."

"And they told you how much they loved me, right?"

"Yes, they did, at least as a guy to hang out and go drinking with, but sales-wise they weren't as complimentary."

"What?"

"They all admitted that they thought you were going through the motions but were afraid to say anything because they knew we were married. I found out that not one of them was aware of all the products we introduced last year."

"There's always some things that aren't right for certain accounts."

"That's not your call to make. You can tell them that you think something else would be better but you still tell them about all the products. Every single one of them ordered things you withheld from them and have all loved the new items. The orders Wes has gotten in his first quarter have been spectacular."

"Sure, thanks to the foundation I laid down."

"Don't do that. Don't you try take his credit away from him. They told me about the orders you'd been promised and they gave us those plus a lot more thanks to Wes. They had nothing but praise for the work he's doing and the energy he's putting into the job."

"You know, I'm obviously good at this. I'm putting up huge numbers at Hanover's."

"Oh, I'm aware. I've spoken to John the Third a number of times and he raves about how diligent and hard-working you are. Kind of like you used to be at ABG and how Wes is now. Face it, baby, you got bored and thought you could trade on being the CEO's husband, and decided to spend more time partying that selling. But I'm proud of what you're doing here, I really am."

I had to admit she was right. I had been pissed at what she had done but I realized that I had stopped working as hard as I used to. I don't think I thought I was safe because of her but maybe subconsciously I did, but I'm pretty sure I assumed my accounts would give their best order just because I had been working with them so long. I'd try not to make that mistake this time.

"You mentioned something about you being a bitch?"

She smirked at my obvious change of topic.

"Yes baby, I did. The fact is that you deserved to be fired, and I think you know that even if you don't wanna admit it. But you are my husband and you're right that I should have shown you more consideration. The more I thought about it I realized that I should have given you the opportunity to look for another job first, to make it a resignation instead of a termination.

"I was so focused on treating your employment as objectively as I could that I lost sight of the fact that I was your wife, too, and I'm sorry about that, honey, I really am. But I've never stopped loving you and you're stuck with me until you say otherwise. We'll make this work as long as we have to and then we'll retire and do what we're supposed to do: until death do us part."

<><><><><>

A Brief Epilogue -- 5 years later

To my surprise, we made it.

True to her word, Angela came to see me just about every other weekend. The schedules didn't always work out but the problems weren't significant enough to mention. And it wasn't long before I was going to see her on many of the weekends in between her weekends, if that makes any sense.

Our sex life was reborn. There were plenty of weekends that we spent naked the whole time and never left the apartment. We had food delivered or I'd stock the place up beforehand. More than a few delivery people got the surprise of their lives when one or the other of us opened the door less than fully dressed.

Angela took ABG to new heights and was given a very significant golden handshake when she retired just a few months ago. Melissa is still there, assisting the new CEO, and she and Angela keep in touch. They've become very good friends.

Angela moved out to North Carolina. We sold the old house and bought one here. I'm actually still working, though part-time. The idea of retiring in my late 40's didn't hold much appeal. I feel like I'm too young to do that, but I'm not on the road anymore. I do a lot of sales training and consult with John II and John III on products and services. It leaves plenty of time for the life of leisure that Angela is enjoying sharing with me, and I have no problem taking the time off when she wants to go on an extended trip.

I'll be fifty in a couple of years and I anticipate fully retiring at that point. We've talked about things we might do, including possibly moving overseas somewhere. We've found some amazing places on our travels and made some friends we keep in touch with. All in all, I'm excited about the possibilities that lay before us. I'm not sure what the final result will be, but I'm sure Angela and I will be doing whatever it is together.

<><><><><>

fin

<><><><><>

Author's note: I chose Loving Wives because I felt Angela was a loving wife, in the traditional if not Literotica sense. And there was mention of a Literotica loving wife (remember Kyle and his wife) so technically...

BG33