All Comments on 'You're Just Right for Me'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
mountaincat4mountaincat4over 7 years ago
Sweet and sentimental

A poignant illustration that love knows no artificial boundaries. Age, gender, race, religion or national origin can all be overcome in love's flame. These characters followed their hearts not some societal set of rules as to what is appropriate. Well written and believable. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Liked it but it needs more

I dont doubt the love at first site theme, as it practically happened for me. I just think it needs a bit more thought from each of them before they come out and say it.

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
In Response to Annonymous

Things did develop rather fast for these characters, though none professed to love the other. I didn't mean to imply it either, just that there was mutual respect and affection and a sense that there was enough compatibility to move forward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
romance???

more like a "Mature" story, but nice

trigudistrigudisover 7 years agoAuthor
More "romance" than "mature"

Kirk is middle-age, that's true, but the age disparity between him and Ronnie, the young heroine in the story, melts away after they become involved. Emotionally, they end up in the same place and on equal footing in their communication. That never really happens in my "mature" stories, "Small Favors,,,and Dirty Laundry" and its follow-up, "Her Midlife Dilemma."

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Good story… Nice gradual buildup, but moving from gently making love on the first date to any mention of ‘forever’ is an incongruous jump. It makes the story appear cut short.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...