All Comments on 'Yours Truly'

by VampGirl1991

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
naked_llamanaked_llamaabout 12 years ago
exactly how i feel...

every freaking time i fall in love with a straight guy... this made me remember all those times when i got my heart broken because of unrequited love...

please continue this, give the guy a happy or at least a better ending.. he doesn't necessary need to end up with his straight bestfriend.. i just wish he finds someone who would reciprocate, because everybody deserves that :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
all the good ones are either straight or married!

I love this concept, and even though it may be unrealistic for him to end up with Jor, I do agree that miles deserves some kind of happy ending. Please continue to develop the story further...

avidreadravidreadrabout 12 years ago
SO SAD

There's obviously no happy ending with Jordan but I would love to see a sequel where Miles does find love with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
way too short

You shouldn't be able to submit stories this short.

VampGirl1991VampGirl1991about 12 years agoAuthor
Thank You

To the first three, yes, I do intend to write a longer story involving Miles finding someone who he can truly find a happily-ever-after with. And for the last comment, it's short because I intended it for the Letters & Transcripts category - but I suppose since it wasn't an erotic letter they decided to put it here instead.

merriquissemerriquisseabout 12 years ago
I enjoyed it!!!

I appreciate what you wrote and tho yes it was short, I think if it was any longer it would have became cliched and lost. I think it works as a "one shot".

avidreadravidreadrabout 12 years ago
Story Length

Just want to comment briefly on story length. The story is short, but it is perfect as it is. It completely works with the letter format that is most of the story. I have a book of very short sci fi stories and some are no more than 20 to 30 words long, but they work. It's not the length, it's what you do with it (take that statement any way you want to!!)

naked_llamanaked_llamaabout 12 years ago
yep!

it's about the quality of work, not the number of pages and words...

and the author promised that she plans to write more about Miles, so that totally makes up for a short first chapter..

i wish Miles confess his feelings for Jordan right after the wedding because that would cause a very BIG DRAMA on his bestfriend's wedding reception! lol i hope it gets really messy and scandalous!

waiting for the next chapter! spraying some love :)

canndcanndabout 12 years ago

Why wait this long to tell Jordan? Ugg...frustrating character waiting till the last minute to exorcise the feelings and writes a perfect letter that would be best read then and he throws it out. The fact that if his friend walks down the aisle it can't be fixed when he tells him the truth if Jordan has something inside he hasn't acknowleged. Makes me want to hit his head into a wall (lol).

I have to be honest, during the story I assumed this was a kid in high school. I'm not sure why he comes across young. I was shocked when he said 'let's get you hitched' b/c it sounded like Jordan was dating a girl and not for too much time either. I guess I'm hoping you can possibly see if others feel this way and if so maybe do some work on having them come across more maturely. It may be a combo of how he is speaking and what he is saying...the cute little jokes, etc. It may be the way he handled this that seems like a man with little relationship experience. As if his first love was Jordan and never was with anyone else. If that is the case and they are a bit older, I'd think it would be odd that he never dated and made Jordan ask questions. You haven't given an age so I can't be sure.

Aside from that point, the story intrigues me. I want to know more. I hope to see another chapter soon.

ThornontheRoseThornontheRoseabout 12 years ago
utterly sad but lovely

i agree with one other comment on here, that anything longer would've taken from the story. i don't see how he'd be perceived as younger, a high school kid. he already mentioned high school in the past tense. sure, i picture him young, and the fact that he waited till now to write out his feelings... he's already said he's tried time and time again to tell his bestie this. and as anyone in love knows it's not always easy to tell that person that. sometimes you never can. and i got the impression he always intended to throw out that letter, that jordan never would've seen it. it was a way for him to get rid of all that bottled stuff on his best friend's wedding day, so he wouldn't ruin the happiness his friend felt. and again, as anyone in love will know, when you love someone you put their feelings above your own.

i adored miles and hope to see more of him. i enjoyed his sense of humor ;)

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66about 12 years ago
I agree with Thorn

You wrote this well and can appreciate where he is coming from and how he needed to cautorise the wound before he made the speech but I would love to hear more about Myles too he deserves to be happy

honestsoulhonestsoulabout 12 years ago
heartbreaking..

i don't think jordan would've considered getting hitched if he'd gotten to read that letter...truly beautiful...can't wait for the rest..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
please!!

I hope since this one was short the next will be out soon!!! Really soon! Like now! Lol

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182about 12 years ago
perfect title!

wonderful job capturing the powerful emotions here. as the reader, i felt bad but hopeful for miles throughout the letter...then with the last sentence, i got that punch-in-the-stomach feeling of unrequited love, myself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
agree with cannd

i too thought the writer was younger, or maybe miles, jordan and becca aren't in their 20s yet. i also agree that waiting until the day of the wedding is stupid, but people are stupid in love and can make themselves believe anything until it's down to the wire and there are no options left. would love to see miles find a hea life, so please continue.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08about 12 years ago

I kept thinking 'there's got to be time left', like going away to separate colleges or moving or into the military, and then to find out it's Jordan's wedding day and Miles is best man. Gah! I could feel my heart breaking for him.

mattchu_pichumattchu_pichuabout 12 years ago
Not a letter-letter

This wasn't meant for Jordan's eyes. Miles is dying inside and needed to get his feelings out before the wedding, so he wrote the down with every intention of throwing it away w/o showing it to his best friend.

And I'm mean enough to hope that Jordan soon realizes that he made a mistake getting married and will eventually return to Miles.

LavonyaLavonyaabout 11 years ago
I agree with mattchu_pichu!!!

You're such an idiot Miles!!!

You should of told him sooner!!!

Oh... GOD.... I was on the verge of tears when I finished the letter and when I read that last part..... sniff.... I lost it and broke down.... Damn... I'm such a cry baby when it comes to sad stuff...

tac_naynwafflestac_naynwafflesover 10 years ago
I'm sobbing

The letter makes you think that there's still time left. College, maybe. But then it's a wedding.

A fucking wedding.

And Miles is the best man.

I can see where this probably went a few days, weeks, or months after the wedding.

Miles dies.

Alone and still in love with Jordan. Either because of an accident, or because he couldn't bear with the pain anymore.

I can't fucking do this. I hate endings like these. I love this story. I hate the ending.

Fuck I'm in deep...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
part two?

could you write a part two where the perfect girl turns out to be a nightmare, and the guys finally get together because Jordan had found and read the letter, just couldn't do anything about it at the time? would love that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous