All Comments on 'Glimpses'

by drowninginreality

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
avidreadravidreadrabout 12 years ago

I almost liked this story but I found the way it jumped back and forth between three or more time lines very annoying and disjointed. I will admit to not being terribly find of flashbacks, in general, so it could be me. You did make sure we knew which timeline we were in, which was nice, but by the middle, I was skipping passages dealing with the past and only reading the 2012 sections.

EMArnoldEMArnoldabout 12 years ago

Excellent! And really food for thought.

TimothyMTimothyMabout 12 years ago

Flashback style worked great for me. Impressed by the way you worked the settled relationship problems that can happen, not many stories go there. A bit more sex would have been nice, but a good debut all in all. Congratulations.

npiccininpicciniabout 12 years ago
AMAZING!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? That was EXCELLENT!! I don’t get how others would find it disjointing, I think you did a great job moving between timelines. This isn’t a stroke story, it’s a love story and you did very well in showing us that loving, long term relationships take work. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll have for us next!

wingedchaoswingedchaosabout 12 years ago
Cool!

Ok, first off, the flashback thing was totally awesome, though some may not find it appealing. In this story it worked. Also, your underlying idea, hopefully, will make all of us take a second glance at the person across the table and remember why they are there. Each day is a gift just ask some of us who one day just forgot to say I love you because they were late for work, only never to have that opportunity ever again.. fate and destiny can be cruel bedfellows for many, many years.

DonRDonRabout 12 years ago
Loved it!

I enjoyed reading your story. It was engaging and I found the flashback technique worked really well. It especially helped give more depth to your characters, and made their love story even more poignant. It eminded me of that song, you never know what you've got til it's gone..., and fortunately Aaron and Andrew got it back. Thank you!

MarkdalyreMarkdalyreabout 12 years ago
Wow

That was honestly the only quality story I have ever found here. It was truly an opus. It was gripping and romantic and very well composed. You are a superb author and I thank you for such a heart-warming story in a very long time.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08about 12 years ago
Loved this

Quality without over-dramatism, a realistic relationship, warts and all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Better than this site.

This belongs in a book. I'm not even fond of this type of story and I loved it, the way it was written. It had meaning that applies to every kind of couple, heterosexual, gay, lesbian, whatever. This happens to every kind of couple, and the moral of the story is beautiful.

CirCinusCirCinusabout 12 years ago
Thank you!

Just loved it. Thank you.

adjoaqadjoaqalmost 12 years ago
wow!

10 stars! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
one of the best reads i've had in a long while!

i love the way the story goes from present to past and back to present again. you were really playing with my emotions! in a good way, i mean :)) the characters are really well-developed and the pace is just right. i'd never felt the need to skip any part (like i do with so many other stories) and i marvel at how your ideas just flow so smoothly without any hint of exaggeration. and very importantly, there are no grammar and spelling errors (at least i think there wasn't :p) to detract me from the joy of reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
fantastic.

Just amazing this story. I loved every word. Can't wait for your next anything!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I agree

This IS a short play. A short film. A movie.

Seriously dude,you should write a screenplay!

hungrykitten2hungrykitten2almost 12 years ago
wow

I was apprehensive to begin reading, I tend to read the same authors all the time. But...after finishing this im so glad I did read on it was beautiful and real. Hope you write and submit more, your writing is a pleasure to read.

hk47enclavehk47enclavealmost 12 years ago
Very nice

This story was very nice. I really really really enjoyed it. I like how you were showing us different times or "Glimpses"(LOL) of their relationship. Showing us the current drama while building the background that got them there. Drama was very realistic, a lot of people fall into those ruts after years and a lot of divorces stem from that.

The characters were well developed and realistic. I like how Aaron slowly became a romantic,lol

Also, showing us the future where they are happy and are going to be parents, was just an added bonus.

I hope you keep writing. You have a great talent.

:)

littlelizzielittlelizzieover 11 years ago

I cannot even tell you how many times I have read this story. It just gets better every time. I love it.

brucetalmightybrucetalmightyover 11 years ago

This is one of the best 'relationship' stories on Lit. A complete guide on how to lose your partner and get him back in 5 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Loved it! Hope you write more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing this great story

Beautifully written and stylised. Look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I really, really, really hope that you write some more stories. I love this story so much. It is amazing! I would really love to read more of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Perfect

You've infused just the right amount of romance, heartbreak, sarcasm and realism to make a perfect concoction of a story. Bravo !

erotikpassionserotikpassionsalmost 10 years ago
Reality!

Sounds way too much like reality and that makes it exceptional. It's a wonderful story and I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

1st class storytelling!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

Best story I have ever read on Lit. Just beautiful. Would love to read more of your writing.

erotikpassionserotikpassionsover 9 years ago
Again..

Exceptional all over again. I wonder where you disappeared to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
*sigh* WOW!

this story, oh my.. I absolutely have no words for.I laughed, I cried, I fell in love.. and there has never been such perfect timing in my entire life (she called today for the first time in over a year coz I of course am too proud to admit any feelings whasoever).

I've read so many stories here from so many different and talented authors but this, this just cut right through.might I add I have never once commented but now? I feel I have no choice but to raise a glass to you because you literally put into words my love life (being a queer African girl who's 'in love' with the most amazing gorgeous woman but she just can't be held down as well).and so am hopeful that its possible if I just try even a little bit *shrug* plus you thawed this heart a little bit more :)

The telling was absolutely perfect too, concentrating on the love and not the sex.you should publish because I'd rather be broke after buying your book than not have it all.please come back?!

PS: I had a soundtrack to it if you ever think of making a movie, just saying :D SAFE by Britt Nicole worked perfectly for me.

Regards,

CC™

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
realistic portrait of a long-term relationship

The fact that this story is so realistic makes it very different from most of the other ones on literotica. It's a nice read with a good message. I wouldn't recommend it though if you just wanna get off, since it has no detailed sex scene in it.

AThousandWishes_PreciousLiesAThousandWishes_PreciousLiesabout 9 years ago
The Emotion Though..

I can't even....its too great....my heart....omg, I loved it and my fucking tears are here to prove it. You're an amazing writer, this is an amazing story, that was an amazing way to show true love and the conflicts of relationships, I'm an idiot and I can barely snap back into reality because my mind is stuck with this story. All I can really say while still ending this with some sort of sense is Thank You and I may have found my inspiration for my first story on Literotica. Ah, its so solid in a way its hurts me emotionally. Go ahead, say what you want. :)

AThousandWishes_PreciousLiesAThousandWishes_PreciousLiesabout 9 years ago

And for the record, it had great humor. Lol

7letcher7letcherabout 9 years ago
WOW

Why do you have only one story?? This was just wow!! Passionate, funny, realistic and well written.

You need to write more stories you are so good at it.

LLAPLLAPalmost 9 years ago
Why...

... is this your only story? It's so so great! Please let us know if you are a published author now and where to get your books. Or if you aren't, you really should think about publishing e-books... I'd buy every single story of yours!

Hope you'll come back to Literotica at some point. Either with a story, an updated profile to let us know how to read more of your works... or just a message here in the comments... :)

Thank you!

canndcanndalmost 9 years ago
thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks to the person who wrote a comment..decided to check it out and was very pleasantly surprised. It was a great story. Sweet and well-written. The changes from past to present were done really well and it flowed smoothly. That's something many authors fail at when trying to do it. So great job.

DawnJDawnJalmost 9 years ago
Delightful!

I love everything about this story, from the way it's told to the romance to the passion. It's wonderful and heartwarming; it's funny and heartrending; it's painful and wonderful! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I really liked this. Long term relationships are like this, the first spark, full flames, quiet embers. It takes work to keep love going, through the spectacular moments to the everyday.

I like this quote from your story " For them to have the everyday – the ordinary. He could live with that – he could live with routine because, for the first time, he wasn't looking at it as a routine.

Good job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of the better stories

I keep coming back to this story. Your voice in this makes me wonder if the story is true or partly true, especially as this is your only one. Even if it isn't true, bravo for making your readers care so much for Aaron and Andrew.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Do you have any idea? Etc.

in all seriousness, do you have any idea of what a gifted writer you are? Whether or not your work is yet perfect, you definitely possess a gift for producing gay romantic literature of class. Your writing holds greats concepts... A strong foundation, great chemistry that doesn't have to contain filth,and lastly 'on the edge' of your seat suspense relationship drama. Super Ending. VERY impressed!! PLEASE KEEP contributing.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years ago
You Made Me Care

To me, the best thing is that you made me care. Each time, I was rooting for them. To get me to do that, you had to write well about characters that interested me. Thank you.

lonelyandfrustratedlonelyandfrustratedover 8 years ago
Beautiful

Absolutely beautiful I could truly feel their struggles and pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks!!!!!!!

With the world being what it is....... Thanks for this beautiful story!!!!! Thanks for the hope. This was just lovely, it had alot of suspense, and u just made me care, for both of them. Awesome!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Where are you? MORE please!!

Can u write more stories? I literally re-read this every week. It's so beautiful, apt and lovely. No crazy threesomes or weird forging crap. Just normal crazy relationship stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yes, please write more

Your love story is engrossing and beautiful. It was made all the more so by the proper English used. Poor English will kill the best of plots. I pray you are well.

dewittamdewittamover 6 years ago
Please write more

I love this story, and wish you would consider sharing another one with us.

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 6 years ago
So real

This was truly a great story! True to life. So happy to see HEA and I’d love to read more stuff from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WOW

WOW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too long...weird

This was just a long weird vibe of a story. Eh!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it!

What a well written story. I enjoyed every minute of it. Andrew is so sweet and deserves all the love. Glad Aaron finally recognized what he came so close to losing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent

Best story I've read on this site in the 7 years I've been reading. So well written with all the "concrete details" of life to make it feel real. Keep writing. Excellent work

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyabout 3 years ago

I loved this so much. I still think Andrew should've left Aaron btw, especially when I go back and read his letter to Aaron. Andrew never felt secure in the relationship, feeling like Aaron would leave him inevitably. Also I got the feeling Aaron just wanted someone to worship him and he got that from Andrew while it wasn't reciprocated. I guess he realised reciprocity matters in the end but it feels hollow to me, like they're both settling.

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 2 years ago

WoW, that was fantastic. Absolutely loved it , felt it. All the emotions from happiness to sadness, tears and frustration but in the end, Aaron learned that you have to love your person one day at a time,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I adore this story. It is written beautifully in a more realistic way in which relationships actually work. Andrew is such a sweetheart. Aaron’s clueless harshness came off as cruel. . But he truly loved Andrew and I’m glad he finally gained an insight into his actions before he lost him forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are a skilled writer. I love stories that aren’t just about sex but have a romantic twist. I hated Aaron’s treatment of Andrew, a very sweet guy. However, your writing made it believable that Andrew truly loved Aaron and would forgive him. Aaron also came to see how deeply he loved Andrew. Kudos.

Erotica_WorshiperErotica_Worshiperover 1 year ago

Had me sobbing from the beginning, so glad it was a happy ending, lovely work

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A superb romantic story generating smiles and tears in this reader all the way through.

The situations and characters came across as real and believable making for a satisfying read.

Thank you for creating and sharing for our enjoyment

Cane23Cane237 months ago

This amazing short story has been written in flashbacks. It starts with farewell note and continue with life chapters, since the moment Aaron and Andrew met. A lesson this story is teaching us is that often we take the people we love for granted. We let other, less important things become our priorities. We allow everyday routine to take the lead in our lives. This is the first story that outlines the negative effects of modern technology – mobile phones, ipods, iphones…social networks, massaging etc. which brings to alienation of the people. It was only in empty house, without presence of the love of his life, that Aaron understood mistake and neglect he made. And again, it was huge Andrew’s heart that took Aaron back after redemption.

It is sad that this is the only story author has published on this site. With such a talent, we could enjoy in more masterpieces.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous