All Comments on 'Northern Closure'

by HoserProser

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Damn!

Slipped from extraordinary to subordinary with the "butt love" inclusion. Anal might be great to ex-cons and cons, but does it really needed to be included in an otherwise great story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
wow wow

This was a superior story, no matter what was in it. i enjoyed it to the end. My lover and myself, enjoy anything that feels good, betweenus. So anything is good. This story was exceptionally well written. Thank you and Keep writing. I'll be waiting the stories.

Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
HOT DAMN!

To Coin A Phrase; HOT DAMN!

I loved it, I especialy loved the way you actually developed the characters and their relationship, and no matter what others say, anal between two consulting adults can be an added plus to a relationship.

Irish_DomIrish_Domabout 17 years ago
Awesome...

Besides some of the grammer mistakes in this story, it was awesome! I can not believe someone had the gall to complain about anal sex in a story. Just because they either are repressed or do not like anal sex doesn't mean it's not erotic to others. Keep it Up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
WoW

Very well written. Loved the characters and how they came together.Hope for more stories like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
WOW Again!

I have never commented on a story as of date. Your's is absolutely the best and evoked emotions long set aside. Please write more and frequently. I'll read every one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Not too bad

This story wasn't that bad. Less description on the business side of things because that is really boring. Also try a different plot next time? It's the same plot as your last story, I knew what was going to happen e.g. Anal sex right at the end which made it rather boring for me. Still doing good for your second attempt. I'm rating this 50/100.

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
WOW!!!

How I ever missed this one I'll never know. This is a very good story, rich characters in a beautiful setting. I have to ask for a sequal, this story should continue! I can't think of any suggestion to make it better, a really good effort. Of course with the editors you got it would be hard to miss, but they had to work with a very good story. Now I have to read your other one, and I do hope you will write more. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Freaking amazing

That is the best story I have read on this site yet, as well as the only one I have commented on. Amazing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Emasculated

Your lead male character couldn't be more of a pansy. Learn how to plow snow? Learn how to attatch and detach a plow? The whole story is about how weak the man is. There is no part of the story where he is an equal, he is a metrosexual pansy. Next time, please make the male an actual male. I think this story would be better filed under lesbian genre, as the male character is basically a woman with a strapon.

gunmanAK47gunmanAK47almost 15 years ago
Did the last poster read the same story?

I think the last poster must be some kind of macho super hero , all brawn and no brain, everyone has to read the instructions, well all normal people. Great story .

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great fell good factor

Pretty good story, kepp it up. Would love to see more of your work. I am a Nature lover myself and am working on going green so i enjoyed it a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of a kind!

What a great story! At first I saw how long it was and wasn't sure but before I knew it I was really into it and disappointed it was over! I loved how in depth the story was. It's beautifully written, I loved every line!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story, I loved it

Eco friendly lifestyle, business opportunities and romance all in one story, how cool is that. Re previous poster claiming male is a chick with a strap on because he doesn't know how to plow snow, I wonder if you can do computer programming, webpage design and set up and maintenance of alternative energy systems? Do you own your own business or are you just anopther loser working for the man? I think I detect some homosexual tendancies burried under homophobic diatrabe, as well as insecurities based on your own lack of education and abilities. Let's face it, it's a lot easier to learn how to push snow than to learn how to manage IT systems. Fantastic story, keep writting.

meowman1990meowman1990over 13 years ago
beautiful

I loved this story and was sad to see it end thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed reading this story, although I could have done without the anal... I'm not into it. I don't know where one of the above comments came from. Most city guys would need someone to show them the ropes with a plow on a pickup. There are guys who THINK they know, but don't... maybe that's the one who wrote that comment.

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
It was a really fine story and extremely well-written.

If you had only added a few birches and aspen trees to your description of the North Woods, it would have been perfect. I have long loved the Arrowhead Country of Minnesota, all of Northern Michigan, as well as Ontario. Your story, in addition to being an excellent love story, evoked a lot of wonderful memories from the mind of this old soul. I thank you so much for your story. I especially appreciate the care that both you and your editors put into making it such a fine piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Delicious

Loved the buildup but wished you had allowed me to enjoy an extended ending exploring the business and personal partnership. The end of the journey bonus for the reader makes the trials and tribulations all worthwhile .

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Beautiful Romance

Nice sex, nice characters. Well balanced diet here. One does not have to approve everything that the characters do in a story. I have even seen authors complaining that characters forced them to include something!

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Brilliant

Excellent, well written story.

Loved the technical aspects that ended up being such an important part of the story.

More please

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
Wow!

Awesome awesome story!

Thx :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WOW (II)

gets better every time I read this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
great

*****s

FirediamondFirediamondover 10 years ago
Megan

Megan was completely unlikeable. Her husband probably left b/c she was a self-absorbed bitch. Why did Chris continue to pine after her instead of finding another girl? Hell...even a prostitute would've been more realistic than staying abstinent for a year and emailing some bitch that couldn't bother to respond.

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
What a lovely story

Thankyou, i really enjoyed this

ManofMithgarManofMithgarover 10 years ago
Nirvana

The setting is wonderful although the winters can be terribly harsh up there. I loved the story and the independent nature of both of the characters. When the situation became agreeable to both it worked for both. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
good enuff for more than 4

a 5 star effort for sure *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Even without the sex it is still a good story. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I love to discover stories that make me smile

I am glad to have found such a romantic and interesting story. It may not be new to Lit, but it is to me. I will be looking at other stories by this author.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Story!!

I am glad I found this story and will read the rest of your entries also!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Names

In the first sentence. Chris's surname is Black, Later in the story, Megan called Chris's surname as Martin,

Please be consistent.

Otherwise a very good story.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Great story

Loved it!

again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good Story

But. (Isn't there always a"but"?). The build-up towards it and the couple's reuniting and falling in love was great. I just felt like the ending was way too abrupt.

auhunter04auhunter04over 6 years ago
No Matter

This story is great no matter how many times i read it.

Gregorius_LightmouthGregorius_Lightmouthalmost 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous 07/23/17

I have to agree with you that the ending was somewhat aprupt. I would like to take that a step further and say that although the story had great potential, that potential wave fully realised; maybe because the author didn't have the time or energy. When the reader was shown the protagonist's feelings about his ex I would've expected to be shown his feelings about Megan leaving and then coming back to him. That wasn't the case and it messed with my feelings for Chris. I could follow his motivations and decisions during most of the story but the ending was aprupt and unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yadda yadda yadda...after reading

the first page it was the same as a dozen if not more stories on this site! If he was so great why did his girlfriend cheat on him and if he was that business savvy his original company wouldn't have fired him. Also if you are living commonlaw for more than a year there certainly are complications when you split up! Gave it a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Why anal?

Very well written. Loved it. Would have given seven stars, but took away two because of anal sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Septic System!!!!

While They were Computer Compatible, did he have the septic tank pumped once in a while? Where was it located? Never mind that, a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Advanced technology?

Forget the sappy love lost - love found, routine story line.

So much time spent on electricity, none on water supply?

Right On re the septic system, but wait!

We have a wooden cabin in a remote location, fireplace, candles, gasoline and no mention of fire safety! Not even a smoke dector. How about a fire suppression system to go along with all that other high tech junk.

Just goes to show...fire is in the croch, forget the house.

By the way, sorry I wasted my time on yet another poof piece.

Go find works by dr_malbuse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
good romance story

As a Romance story, Northern Closure has much to commend it: a good introduction, a careful buildup, an interesting plot, and appealing characters. Its drawbacks (if they can be considered such) are: and ending that it is much too abrupt, love scenes that are too brief, and anal sex, which seems quite out of place in a romance story, especially one as good as this one. Overall, however, this is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it mostly

The ending made it an Erotic Coupling story not a Romance. The anal was a negative for me and wasted space. Skip that, make it complete into the romance it should have been. Cheap ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A beautiful story ruined at the end with anal. Sorry, just one star though it would have definitely got 5 stars from me if the anal had not been there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love the details of the lake, the wail of the loons, the shimmer of the water.

Not a fan of anal, but it seems they both enjoyed it.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Lake description great. Story was an enjoyable, cute read. I read a few comments panning the anal scene. Nuts to them. A survey a while age stated that at least 50% of adults participated in and enjoyed anal sex. No--it didn't replace vaginal sex. Just added to the love life from time to time. If you don't like it, don't knock those that do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I remember reading ths a lon time ago, but had not bookmarked it..... now I have! Great story. I will continue reading the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now why would a woman on a visit to a rustic cabin have a see-through teddy, garters, hose and a thong? Completely unrealistic.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

Fell off a cliff at the end there, where was the success of her new enterprise and their own personal happy ever afters? That said I get heartily cheesed off with people marking a story down dramatically simply because it touches on an aspect of human sexuality they don’t like and disapprove of, Get Over it! It’s sex, it’s what this site is about mostly, if you don’t like it read another story or tune in to Sesame St, do not try and push your bigoted views in the comments, try looking up what constructive criticism is and apply it to your comments please.

LidiaJayLidiaJay11 months ago

I came for a story and got ....This is a romance with a touch of loving wives in the mix. Many thanks primarily to Dinsmore and also Crazysoundguy for patience and expert help and advice with edits and writing. As per usual, the characters are invented and bear no intentional resemblance to actual persons alive or deceased. All intercourse is consensual and between individuals over the age of eighteen. This is a story about chasing inner peace after escaping a flawed relationship and lifestyle to a simpler, more compatible existence. If you've read my other work, you'll see a pattern. I like the first love theme and I like the sense of seeking a simpler, more basic existence. There is sex interspersed throughout but you'll need to read a while to get there. At the end of the day, let's all try to end the massive consumption of non-renewable energy and seek better ways to live on our planet.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Great story 5 stars

Early on he said he had a hot water heater powered by a large capacity propane tank, but the story changed. The editors didn't catch that.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I didn't mind the fact that Megan left for her career and new job. Bit surprised she didn't mention who she was working for in her emails. They communicated via email a lot, the first several months, then asymmetrically the next three months or so, then he got the feeling she was reading his but not replying at all. That last part should have been addressed by the author. Yes the MC guessed that shebwa a nor happynbeijg the regional director at work. By why ghost him. Then she checked out his website, saw all he did in the mean time and got inspired and then contacted him with cryptic emails, dropping her job and with plans of going into business with the MC? And having a long term relationship. They were apart for a year. Yes he never mentioned meeting anyone else or dating anyone else. And who cares if either of them got their ashes hauled occasionally (doesn't sound like he did) as they were MOT exclusive. But still an explanation for her going incommunicado would have been nice. And she seemed to leap to conclusions at the end that coukd of backfired. Ending was a bit abrupt. Heavy on the sex (I don't mind the anal scene, lot of happily married couples enjoy mixing it up with anal sex), but what about their relationship plans and expectations? Intimated by author that is mode than just being f$ck buddies, but some affirmation and time devoted to that and the ghosting for like 4 months would have been nice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHoserProser@HoserProser
146 Followers
A thanks to those who continue to read and comment on my stories. There is a decade-long gap amidst my stories - a combination of being in a writing rut and real life getting in the way. I recently uploaded my first story in 11 years brought about by switching to first-person ...

SIMILAR Stories