Oaksong Ch. 03: The Grove

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before she'd even taken that first step, however, she heard the rapid flapping of wings and felt talons pressing against her shoulder. Brightwing. He would accompany her, she remembered, and he would guide her.

Lifting her arm slightly, the avian spirit fluttered down to her forearm, letting Shalendris see it better and to give it a somewhat more comfortable perch.

She smiled. "Hello, Brightbeak. I feel like you and I will be good friends," she said softly, the bird answering with a happy little hoot.

With that, they were ready and they marched onwards.

There were no trails in this part of the forest, merely suggestions on the ground by those who had walked these lands before her. She had never been here, never so far south. The flapping of wings overhead and the happy little hoots served to guide her as Brightwing happily glided between the gigantic trees that grew in this ancient land, sometimes landing upon a branch to wait for Shalendris to catch up.

It had been nearly two days since her encounter with Aessina, the Heart of the Forest, yet Shalendris felt no hunger, no thirst. Was this the blessing she had spoken of? For a moment, she had thought that the blessing had simply been her increased bust size and she thought the notion ridiculous. Why would an ancient forest spirit bless someone with bigger tits? She chuckled a little, causing her immense jugs to bounce and wobble about pleasantly within her bra. It had been readjusted, she noticed. Or enchanted? It seemed to fit her well enough, though it was still visibly quite tight judging from the flesh that seemed to overflow constantly from the cups.

As the days went on and she moved through the forests, guided by her faithful Brightbeak, Shalendris noticed that her hunger started creeping in and her chest had regressed in size, smaller even than it had been the week before. Her companion would not let her starve, however, and it quickly guided her to small bushes where she could eat juicy wild berries and drink from the streams.

Where was she going? She thought to herself as she climbed up a small pile of rocks. She had not seen anyone in all these days, so why was she here? She needed to find other Kaldorei if there were any still alive. She needed to warn others of the demons that had destroyed Zin-Azshari. She needed to...

There, before her were a handful of tents, the scent of cooked meat drifting over to her nostrils and causing her to salivate profusely. She could see Night Elves like her wandering about the camp, armored guards patrolling its perimeter.

"Survivors..." she spoke under her breath, countless emotions battling within her as she observed them for a long moment. Should she be delighted that there were some who had survived? Disappointed at the small number of them? No matter what she felt at that precise moment, she had to go forth and help in any way she could.

With Brightbeak perched upon her forearm, Shalendris made her way down to that camp, slowly walking down the forested hill and towards the two dozen tents.

The Kaldorei would prevail. They had to.

12