The Empath Cycle: 2013 Two To Tango

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On those words, she threw herself on the bed, her back to Barbara and pulled the covers over her head.

"There's a friend here. She's a doctor. Would you let her look at you to make sure you're not hurt? Please." Barbara pleaded.

"YOU BROUGHT A STRANGER HERE!" Carole's scream was muffled somewhat by the covers, but the sentiment was clear. "GET LOST YOU BITCH! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!"

The anger and hatred in the words hurt Barbara, but it was the anguish she also heard that broke her heart. She jumped up, but stood there, wracked with sobs. She started when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Leave me alone with her." Angelina told her kindly. "Go down to the bar and get a stiff drink or three. Doctor's orders. I'll call you when we're ready"

Barbara would have protested, but she knew her friend was right. After a last look at the shaking shape under the covers, she left.

Barbara hardly tasted the first three prescribed whiskey shots. She had just downed the fifth and was signaling the barman to bring another when Lee Ann picked up.

"Oh, Lee! It'chh worse than I thought!" She wailed, past caring where she was or who heard. "Remember what happened to you with Cameron. It'chh the shhame thing."

Lee Ann could hear her friend sobbing and her slurred words spoke volumes. She put her finger over the microphone of her cell and asked her life partner to call Kitten and tell her to get Barbara in one of the private rooms at the bar and to bring the bottle of whatever she was drinking with them.

"Barbie, love, I'm on my way. I'll be there soon."

"I'm okay, kiddo. I'm waiting for Angel. Shhe knowzz what to do. Shhe'zz a doctor after all. I'm here with my favorite guy in the whole world. I think I'll take him home later. He shhure lookshh like he hazz a nisss cock on him. You shhould see that ass. Yummy! Hey! Here comezz Kitty! I think I'll get a room with her inshtead."

"Hi Barbie. What are you drinking? It doesn't matter. I heard that and I think it's a great idea." She looked at the barman and silently asked if one of the private room at the back was available. When he assented, she signaled for him to give her a bottle of whatever Barbara was drinking. "Why don't we go drink this where we won't bother the nice people?"

She picked Barbara's phone. "Are you still there, boss?... I got her. We'll wait for you... Yes, she's well on her way. A couple more shots and she'll be good for the night... See you soon, boss."

Barbara had unbuttoned her chauffeur's jacket and was fondling her breast by the time Kitten opened the door to the private room.

"Do you want to play with me, little Kitty? You know I love you, don'tshh you? But there'zz only one I love and I can't tell her. Make love to me, pleazze. I need to remember what it feelzz like to be loved."

Though she had never talked about it, all their closest friends knew their sad story. They quietly lent Barbara their strength when she needed it, be it give her a shoulder to cry on when she was feeling depressed or a gentle -- or not -- bed partner, but, most importantly,, they were devoted friends.

When Lee Ann arrived, her raised eyebrow to the barman was answered by two fingers, telling her that her friends were in the smaller room.

Barbara was in Kitten's lap, her head on her friend's shoulder, snoring softly. Kitten's shirt was unbuttoned to the waist and Barbara's hand was dangling from her bra as her hand held her breast.

Lee Ann knelt beside them and lovingly stroked her best friend's hair.

"Oh, baby. You care too much for your own good. I wish there was something more I could do for you."

"There is." Cameron told her lovingly, coming to stand at her side and putting a hand on her neck. "You've waited long enough. It's time you told her and stop torturing yourself. She loves you so much it breaks my heart and I'm not the only one."

"I told you before. You're my heart, my soul mate. Don't you remember what happened to us?" There were tears in Lee Ann's eyes and pain in her voice.

"Yes I do, but even the great Lee Ann Hutchison is wrong now and again. I love you with all my heart, darling, but as your bed is large enough for five, your heart is big enough for a hundred as you showed with Sophie earlier."

Lee Ann looked up. Her heart swelled with love for the woman. "I've never been wrong a single time in my life." She pouted.

"Oh no? What about the turkey you insisted on baking last Thanksgiving? We ended up ordering Szechuan food. Talk about a traditional meal."

"I should have fired Monique. What's the big idea of keeping the salt and the sugar in two identical containers?"

"Maybe she can read the words 'salt' and 'sugar' written in bold letters on the side? And I know what you're doing. You won't change the subject so easily. Kitten and I will take Barbie home and put her in our bed. When you get there, you're going to slip in quietly and you're going to cuddle against her so the first thing she will see when she wakes up is one of us, but the other will be there too. We will tell her we love her and that we want to be a family together."

"Me and my big mouth." Lee Ann grumbled. "Whatever possessed me to tell you that you were the Mistress of my heart and that the bedroom was your domain where I would gladly be your slave?

Cam bent down and kissed Lee playfully on the cheek.

"I love you too. You sure surprised some people with your wedding vow, that's for sure. It's a good thing the celebrant had a good poker face or she would have cracked up and rolled on the floor laughing at the whispered part."

"Do you think...?" Lee Ann cocked her head and looked at Cameron with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Later. When we get Barbie back on her feet so we can trip her, we'll do it to her together."

Lee Ann reached up and brought her mate's mouth within reach so she could kiss her.

"That will be enough for now. Kitten must be getting uncomfortable."

"Don't mind me. She must be having a wet dream. She's fondling my tit quite nicely."

Cam bent and kissed her thoroughly.

"That will have to last you too. Now button up and go get the car. We'll be waiting for you outside."

Lee Ann got to her feet and picked Barbara up. In a natural move, as if she could feel where she was in her drunken stupor, she wrapped her arms around Lee Ann's neck and rested her head on her shoulder with a sigh.

The tears in her eyes were belied by her wide smile as Lee Ann walked through the quiet lobby of the hotel. It could have been at high noon in a crowd and she would have proudly done the same.

Lee Ann sat at the bar and asked for a two-finger Irish coffee.

She picked up Barbara's phone from the bar when its ringtone signaled an incoming message.

>Barbara,

I won't be taking you up on your offer after all.

I already sent an email with my resignation to my boss. Who needs those pussy bureaucrats anyway? Right?

Don't try to find me... especially you.

I've done something terrible and I can't live with it.

J<

"Shit!" She swore.

Scrolling through Barbara's contact list, she pressed a number.

"This is Lee Ann Hutchison. I want you to find someone... I know it's Friday and that it's late. If you won't do it, fuck you. I'll call another agency... Her name is Jeanine Laliberté... Yes, with only one 'n'. All I know is that she jumped in a cab for the airport some hours ago... Are you a moron or what? Of course Pierre-Elliot Trudeau. Ah, fuck it! Go back to sleep."

She hung up angrily and pulled out her own cell. She found the name she wanted.

"John? It's Lee. You should fire the retard manning your phone... No, I didn't get his name... Yes. I want. Scratch that. I need you to find someone for me. Her name is Jeanine Laliberté... Yes, the same. She left the Hyatt a while back. She told the doorman she wanted to go to the airport but I'm not sure she went there since she didn't have any luggage... I don't know, really. John, do whatever is needed. Money is not a factor with this one. I don't care if she's in Australia or on Mars, once you find her put someone on her to make sure she's safe... No. Make it a woman, one that she would feel is non-threatening even if she has to intervene to protect her and has to reveal herself. Do you have a competent one like that?... Well, look who you've got answering the phone... Anyway, if she has to reveal herself to Jeanine, tell her to keep my name out of it.... No... Maybe I'll tell you someday, but don't count on it... Thanks, buddy. I owe you... Yeah. Yeah. Not yet. Say hello to Hélène for me."

Lee Ann stared at the phone as if it would miraculously illuminate her.

'What the hell happened?' She thought. 'All Barbie said that it was like... Naw, it couldn't be. By all reports, she's a rock and they've been friends forever... What if...?"

Worried, she dialed another number.

"Is Dr. Morgan there... Sorry, I forgot the time... This is Lee Ann Hutchison. A friend of mine may have been hurt... No, I don't know how seriously. I can't be too bad. A doctor is presently with her and I'm sure she would have called an ambulance if... Yes... No. I don't really want to take her to a hospital if her life is not threatened... That's right. I don't want a public record. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, her condition could be misinterpreted... No, if there is cause, I will call the authorities myself... I know you do. A medical record will be perfectly all right... I don't know. She's being examined right now. I only wanted to make sure it was okay if I... Thank you. I will call back when we leave if there is a need to... No, no. You don't need to call her. She's probably snuggled with Claude, watching one of her sappy chick flicks...You're right. I shouldn't disparage a great genre... Yes, I'm sure Twilight was a fabulous movie... I have to hang up now. I will talk to you later... No, thank you."

'Sheesh! When will I learn to leave well enough alone?'

Lee Ann called a number on her speed dial.

"Kitten?... Ask Monique to help... I know you're strong. I just meant... Well! You have my permission to tweak her nipple. I called to ask you to come back here in case we have to take Carole to the clinic in St-Jovite... You met her last week when you drove us to Châteauguay... Yes, the pixie you drooled over... No, you don't need to help Cam to undress her. I'm sure Monique will be happy to... It's been too long since you've been properly spanked, missy. You're getting way too cheeky... Yes. I do love you. Now put Cam on the phone... I'm sorry, my love, but I may not make it home tonight... No, you know I'd never do that... I am not a coward. I only meant that I want to leave open the option to take Carole to St-Jovite... Yes the one you were in such a hurry to see you naked... I love you too. Take good care of Barbie... Okay. Good night in case I don't make it."

'How could I have lived before she came into my life?' She wondered.

She settled for the wait.

Lee Ann had just asked the barman if she needed to leave when she realized that she had been alone in the bar for a while when Barbara's phone rang.

"Yes... Yes... I thought so and no, we won't take her to a hospital for that. I called ahead and it's okay to... Yes, the one in St-Jovite... Okay, I'll ask the night concierge, then I'll be right up."

She signed her bar tab. Over and above the usual gratuity which would be recorded and taxed, she put a C-note on the bar.

"Thank you for your help this evening."

"All part of the service, ma'am. I hope Miss Barbara will be all right."

"She had a shock earlier, but I'm sure she will be fine at some time in the future once she gets past her hangover. Thank you for asking."

"Good night, ma'am."

"Good night."

She first turned toward the desk, then turned back to the elevator. She knocked quietly and waited for Angelina to open the door.

"You could have used you key, you know."

"I didn't know what the situation was so I erred on the side of caution."

"She's fine. Well, as fine as can be under the circumstances. I want to put one or two stitches on her lip... Lee Ann! LEE ANN!" Angelina grabbed her friend by the shoulders and shook her. She slapped her hard when she saw that she threatened to go in shock. "It's not Cam, Lee. It's Carole and she will be all right too. Yes. Now take a deep breath... Another one... Okay. As I was saying I also want to verify that she doesn't have lacerations in the vagina. LEE ANN! LOOK AT ME! That's all in the past. She's not Cam. She's your little friend Caro. Yes. That's right. Cam is safe at home. She's probably cuddled with Monique while they wait for you and Kitten."

"No, she's with Barbie." Lee Ann corrected her absently.

"Does this mean...? Well, it's about time. We'll talk about it later. It's just a precaution and you did right to call the clinic. The hospital would have had to report a rape. STOP IT THIS INSTANT!..."

She didn't have time to go further before Carole ran over and jumped in Lee Ann's arms.

"Lee! Ow! No, don't put me down. I'm fine. She didn't mean it, Lee! You have to tell them. I won't go to the hospital! They will call the police. She didn't rape me! I asked her to. It was my gift to her when she said she wanted to be with Barbie. She didn't mean it, I swear."

Lee Ann had scooped the crying woman up so she wouldn't hurt herself by pressing her body against hers. All threat of a flashback blown away by the need to help the woman in her arms. She looked over her head and Angelina mouthed 'I'll explain later.'

"That's all right, little one. We won't be going to the hospital. Kitten is going to drive us to a private clinic full of really nice people who will help you like they helped me and my life partner a few years back. That's the woman you saw naked in the car last week."

"Are you really a dominatrix?"

The question, coming out of left field, threw her off her stride for a few seconds.

"That's one word for it, yes. I do play that role with my good friends, but only if they want to."

Carole nodded sharply.

"That's exactly what happened with Jean. I asked her. I'm the one to blame if you have to call the police."

"Nobody's going to call the police, but Angel here wants to make sure you're all right. We're going to take you to a nice place up north and..."

She stopped when she felt fingers squeezing her nipple firmly.

"Don't try to snow me, Lee Ann Hutchison. Talk to me like a grown up or I'll rip your nipple off. Is this place professional and discrete?"

"I apologize, ma'am. Yes, they are very professional and discrete as I can attest from personal experience. They will take good care of you and Dr. Ferguson and I will be by your side all the time."

"That's better." She gave Lee Ann's nipple another firm squeeze for future reference. "Now, how am I to get to the car? I can't put my clothes on. They're too tight."

"If the esteemed doctor will stop laughing and go get your clothes, I will wrap you in a blanket and carry you to the car as soon as Kitten calls to let me know she has arrived."

"Can you hold me until she gets here? Please, pretty please? I feel soooo safe in your strong arms."

"Only if I can sit down on the couch." Lee Ann laughed.

"Madam, this is not a third world country hospital. I have to report this. The woman has clearly been raped."

"Hum, Daniel, maybe you should wait until you have the full story before..." The attending nurse said.

"That's Doctor Ferguson to you, nurse, and I know my duty... Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" He leaned sharply over to try to minimize the pain as ear was pulled and twisted.

"So this is where you ended up, you pompous ass." Angelina turned to the others. "This jerk is my nephew, I'm sorry to say. He's been insufferable since he finished his third year and was accepted in a 'prestigious' hospital for his internship." She turned to the whimpering intern. "Is there a real doctor on duty or are they reckless enough to let an ignoramus like you in charge of emergencies?"

"The doctor had to go on a call on the compound, ma'am. He should be back shortly, but I can do most of the preliminary exams myself." The nurse told Angel.

"You're not allowed. Only a... Ouch! Sorry Auntie. I'll shut up now."

"You'd better. Now go get a suture tray and a speculum. Here, take this bag and put it in the biological material bin." She told him firmly. A hard look was enough to quell any protest at doing a lowly nurse's job.

"So, nurse Prentice." Angelina said, reading the nurse's nametag. "This is not at all what it looks like. Essentially, it's a case of a sex game gone wrong. There was no rape or violence of any kind, aside from the obvious. You have my word as a doctor."

"I believe you, doctor. What were your preliminary findings?"

Lee Ann was sitting in the corridor while Carole was examined. She decided that she needed a coffee when they installed the stir-ups on the examination table and Angel exhaled theatrically on the speculum to warm it. She distinctly heard 'pussy' in the worst stage whisper ever as she walked out. Her ears had reddened at the laughs in the room. Her only consolation was that Carole joined them.

She was nodding off when a gentle hand shook her shoulder.

"You would be more comfortable on the couch in my office, dear."

"Oh, Lucia, what are you doing here so late? Claude's going to be cross with me."

"She's having too much fun right now." Dr. Morgan, Director of the Institute, laughed. "She's in the doctors' lounge dressing down our over-zealous young intern. She left the door open and all the nursing staff on duty is in the hall laughing."

"Good for them. You should never treat your co-workers as less than part of the team."

"Funny you should say that. It's Claude's professional philosophy exactly."

"I always knew there was something I liked about her."

"Aside from her asking you to spank her as part of your treatment?" Lucia grinned wickedly.

"Well, that was surely the most interesting way anybody ever introduced themselves to me." Lee Ann said sheepishly. "If I had known you were..."

"I'm the one who suggested it to her, actually. She doesn't always go commando. I kept her panties in my pocket all day after I pulled them down her legs. I'm the one who put a pillow on her chair though."

"I hope she kept her lab coat on. There was a large wet spot on her pants by the time she walked out of my room."

They laughed all the way to Lucia's office. She was glad to see that Lee Ann had bounced back from her traumatic experience.

"I saw a limousine on my way in. Is it yours? I can offer your driver a bed in a rest room off the nurses' lounge."

"She's fine. She likes to sleep on the back seat. She says the smell of leather lulls her to sleep. Personally, I suspect that it's not really the scent of leather that does it for her. And you shouldn't let her near your nurses. I saw a couple of cute ones so I doubt she would sleep at all in that bed and you wouldn't get much work out of them."

"I'll take your word for it. Sleep well, Lee Ann. I'll come and get you when they're done."

"Thanks, doc."

Lee Ann was awakened by the ringing of her cell.

"Lee Ann Hutchison."

"Hi Lee. It's John. I found your girl."

"That was quick. Where is she?"

"It was easy. I called the hotel and they gave me the name of the cab company which services them and a close approximation of the time she left. The taxi dispatch confirmed the fare to P.E.T. airport. From there, I called a friend in Security and he remembered her. He said she stood out in a business jacket and white shirt with a pair of worn jeans and sneakers. He said she was a bit wild eyed which attracted their attention as did the fact that she didn't have any luggage, but that she didn't look drunk or act crazy, so they left her alone. They figured it was only the pre-flight jitters of someone afraid of flying."

1...34567...24