3 M's, My Many Mothers Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
twofourthree
twofourthree
1,678 Followers

"Let's get you dried up and into bed. You need to get some sleep." I grabbed a towel and helped her dry off. There was no protesting now. Kat helped but I got to feel her tits through the towel and her whole ass.

I grabbed another towel for myself. My remaining clothes were soaked but I helped her get dressed and gave her some strong over the counter pain pills the doctor suggested. I went upstairs to dry off and clean myself up. Kat asked me to come down and see her before I went to bed. Slipping on a pair of boxers. I headed downstairs.

Kat had dried her hair and brushed her teeth. She was sitting on the edge of her bed in one of my tee shirts only the right arm through the sleeve. It was so big and so long on her it barely covered her tits and went well past her ass. Beside her mom had a pair of panties. She held them out to me.

"Will you help me put these on?" Mom asked politely.

I hesitated but not for lack of wanting to assist her. Did she want me to because she needed my help or was this in some way a reward for what happened in the shower?

I placed the panties at her feet but instead of slipping them up her legs I held my left hand out.

"Stand up." I suggested. Now she hesitated. Tilting her head in reply. I took her right hand and helped her stand. When she was erect I took the sides of the panties and slid them up her legs under the tee shirt and hopefully into their proper place. She watched intently at my actions and further more at my expressions.

"Daniel please kiss me goodnight!" Kat whispered. I could see her eye lids were getting heavy but she was still holding on. I stood and started to kiss her on the cheek. With her right hand she took my jaw and moved it in front of her mouth. "I think for tonight we are beyond that don't you?"

Kat pulled me in for a real kiss. A man and woman kiss. I did my best before she broke free. A happiness I have seldom seen crossed her face. "Daniel stay with me tonight. I don't want to be alone."

I wanted to argue. I should have argued, I should have been stronger. Kat seemed so fragile at that moment. With no will to fight I caved in. I helped Kat find a comfortable position for her broken arm. Turning off the light I slipped in behind her.

"I love you Daniel!" Mom said. I could hear the emotion in her voice. Calculating my options I replied.

"I love you mom!"

I was up early. The sun was just above the horizon. I washed the truck inside and out. Fortunately most of what was inside was on the vinyl surfaces. I called my uncle George and told him a sanitized version of what had taken place. George and his wife Sally lived on the side of the mountain but were out of town at a convention. He said they would stop in Sunday afternoon on the way home from the airport.

Suggesting I stay with mom he gave me the day off.

Back in the house I started the coffee. I could hear mom starting to stir so I looked in on her.

"You ready for that pill yet?" I couldn't help but smile. She closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

Finishing outside I went back in to check on mom again. The coffee was ready I set out the prescription and started a load of laundry. When I finished sorting my clothes I knocked on the door.

"Come in." Mom replied. Opening it I stuck just my head in.

"You ready for some coffee?" I asked politely. I saw her wince as she moved to sit up.

"You have anything stronger?" She tried to smile.

"It's with your coffee. I'll make some eggs and toast, it says not to take it on an empty stomach." I turned and went to the kitchen as she stood. The eggs were started the toast just popped up when she sat on the stool.

"Dan about last night. I'm sorry! I ... we should talk!" Kat struggled to explain.

"Yeah I figured you might say that." I replied.

The problem is I wasn't sure what part of the night she wanted to talk about.

"I have been making some poor choices lately. I'm sorry for that too. It won't happen again I promise." Mom said not able to look me in the eye.

I was waiting to hear which choices she thought were poor. She finally looked at me for a response. I slid the eggs and toast in front of her as she took her pills.

"Exactly which choices are you talking about?" I asked.

When you are a social outcast like me, and a bit of a nerd as well, you learn quickly in life to never offer information until you know specifically what the other person is asking.

"You know? These losers I have been going on dates with these last couple of years." She looked at me reading my expressions.

Shit! Damn is she good. I can fool anyone but her. Well, and my grandmother Eve. "What did you think we were talking about?" Kat asked waiting for an answer.

"Just how much do you remember from last night?" I asked without emotion.

Answering a question with a question was an old trick she rarely let slide. This could get interesting.

"I remember that asshole broke my arm. I remember setting on a picnic table. I remember being in the hospital." She offered.

"Is that all?"

"Is there more?" Mom asked.

This was how it was between us at times. Like a game of chess always positioning, never exposing your flank. Now she was answering a question with a question. I knew I had to give her something.

"You remember going to a stranger's house half dressed? You remember barfing on Nikki's dress and my truck?" I stopped there hoping I had given her enough to think about.

"Nikki? Oh Dan! She was...you didn't... I threw up on her?" Kat was wracking her brain trying to remember.

"Yes she was here, and I'm not sure what you think Nikki and I did or didn't do, but we only talked. And yes, you... on her dress." I grinned.

"Oh shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Kat was starting to see the picture. "Well. I'll just have buy her a new dress. You can take it to her?" She insisted.

Kat was red with embarrassment. I wasn't sure if she thought it would help me in some way to deliver it or if she would be embarrassed to do it herself.

"Well we should probably replace the sheet from those people too, and I think you will have to deliver the dress. I don't think she is too happy with me right now." I explained.

"Oh Daniel you didn't. She is such a nice girl. She is so perfect for you." Mom said giving me that disappointed look.

See I told you she called me Daniel when she wasn't happy with me! I figure it's time to get outside and cut the grass before we have another one of 'those' conversations.

"You should probably lay down, those pills will knock you on your ass! I talked to Uncle George he gave me the day off. He and Aunt Sally will stop by tomorrow on the way back from the airport. I'm going to cut the grass. If you need me I'll be outside." I said. I moved around the counter to leave.

"Danny there is one thing you didn't mention. Don't think for a minute we won't talk about that also." Mom gave me that sly look now. She stood and pulled me close and kissed my cheek. "Still nice try. I appreciate your sensitivity and maturity on the matter."

I had a lot to think about as I cut the grass, and plenty of time to do it.

(Kathryn)

I took Dan's advice and went back to bed as the pills took over. God he is such a great kid. Closing my eyes I thought back to when Duane and I got married, I was so happy. After my miscarriage. I thought kids were off the table. Fate had a plan for me even though I didn't want to accept it.

Here I was in the hospital, in the maternity ward. Duane hesitated to show him to me knowing I would be emotional. We discussed all of the options. Duane was brutally honest with me. He laid it all out. I'll admit there were moments I didn't want to accept the responsibility but when I saw Daniel in that incubator I knew what my answer was.

"You tell them to do whatever it takes to save our baby!" I said. That was over eighteen years ago and although there have been difficult days, even weeks. I have never regretted one moment of his life.

Duane worked for his Uncle George in construction. Twelve years ago we were in a terrible accident. Duane pulled Danny from the wreckage. They talked briefly at the side of the road. I was trapped. Duane tried to free me but I could see the strength drain from his body as an ashen color came over him.

"Make Dan a man Kat! Promise me!" Duane said as he collapsed.

I screamed in vain as he fell to his knees and then laid sprawling on the grass. The paramedics took Duane. Daniel refusing to leave me until they cut me free.

God he is such a great kid, no, a young man. He has fought every day of his life to overcome every obstacle. As a preemie he fought for life. As an infant he fought to stand. As a toddler he fought to learn. As a child he fought to keep up even when we held him back a year. As a teenager he fought to be accepted. And now as a young man he is fighting to learn how to be independent. To be his own man.

George and Sally have been my closest supporters. Without them I don't know what I would have done. George sold me the house we live in for half of what he could sold it for on the market. It's a small house tucked in the corner of his first development. It was the house he and Sally lived in at one time.

Thoroughly modern in all ways it's still small. With only one bedroom on the main floor and one large room upstairs. The original living room and dining room have been converted into a great room with the kitchen in an open floor plan. There is a bathroom on each level and a laundry and mud room on the main floor. There is a two car garage and a shed on the almost one acre of land. The property is in a pie shape the house nestled in the center of mature trees. To the east is an upper middle class neighborhood George built.

Dan now works for George's construction company after school and on weekends except during basketball. He wanted to play football like his closest buddies. At six foot three and barely 165 pounds George and I both thought it best he avoided the punishment and risk of injury of that sport. He put up a fuss at first but decided since practice was during summer break it would cut into working full time and maybe even his yearly trip to Florida to be with his grandparents Eve and Charles.

The basketball coaches always wanted him to play but he was so gangly and just not that coordinated. As with any challenge Dan took it personally and although he is no star he did play in several games last year. As a senior I expect he might make the first team this year.

My mother-in-law Eve (Sally's older sister) has been both a source of support and conflict. Charles her husband has been very generous and supportive. They live on the coast in Florida. Charles was a partner with George many years ago but decided to move south and became a realtor instead.

He is a big man loud and bellicose, always smiling, drinking, and eating. A big fat teddy bear that loves to golf. Eve couldn't be more opposite. Tall for a woman with her build she is maybe five nine. Slender and always tan. An effervescent personality she can be outgoing and yet at times reserved. She suffers no fools and has an air of confidence and grace without being bitchy.

An exercise and fitness fan and yet she isn't devoted to it. Still she looks athletic without giving up a feminine look. All of that has paid off and maybe even a few surgical enhancements to help her look closer to fifty than her real age of sixty.

Financially secure Eve comes back home about every three months or so usually staying for about a week. She stays with Sally but is a regular visitor here as well. During the summer they pay to have Dan visit. It started when Duane passed away. Danny's stay was just for a week then. Now it's closer to a month. The last five years I have gone down for a week to be with them.

I have few close friends. Mostly people I know from either work or sitting in the stands at school games and functions. I work for the Turner's and elderly husband and wife team that own their own insurance company. There is just the three of us now. They do the selling and I do the books. I also update policies and answer the phones. Just a few months ago they told me they were looking for a buyer for the business.

I haven't told anyone yet hoping they would hang on a bit longer. I worry about many things but this scares me, I have been insulated in that little office for eleven years. Maybe that's why I have been so irresponsibly lately.

Last night was so not me. I rarely drink and never to excess. Not like when I was a teenager. I'm not an easy lay. I've had a few encounters over the last five years but nothing close to serious. Most offers are from married men pretending they aren't or like the asshole last night use to be and should never be again.

I'm not desperate. I just need a diversion. Something to keep me from these feelings that started months ago. Then there is Daniel, I never planned last night. The problem is I'm not as strong as people think I am. What if last night wasn't because I was drunk? What if I am wrong and what I'm doing pushes Daniel away?

(Daniel)

Not sure how much I need to worry about mom, this isn't like her. From the day my dad passed away she has always been my rock. Life has been good for me but never easy. I was a preemie when I was born. I remember Kat never letting me use that as an excuse.

Kat has taken the approach, if I ever got down or tried to feel sorry for myself she always made me try. I learned that giving your best isn't always enough. Sometimes you need to be better than that.

Kat taught me to try and then try some more. She taught me if the first way didn't work to find another. I learned that if working harder wasn't the answer working smarter might do it. She also taught me you can't learn everything in a book. Sometimes you do need to do the hard work, maybe even get hurt. Sports are like that. I know how to play but my body doesn't always do what I want it to when I tell it to. So I struggle with it but I always get back up and try again. Always.

Through thick and thin she was with me. Late nights at the library. Bandaging me when I came home battered and bruised. Holding me when I needed a hug. Kicking me out the door when I need to face my fears. Doting on me when I was younger but adding responsibility as I could handle it.

I know how to cook, clean, and do laundry. I now pay all the bills and handle all of our money. I make sure we save and still are able to splurge occasionally. I was held back a year. It use to bother me for a while but I'll admit it was the right decision. I am an A- to B+ student going into my senior year. I play basketball and work part time for my uncle.

I never had expensive toys as a kid. We still don't have a computer at home and never had a Play Station. I learned that the friends of mine that do, either never use them or always do. Going to a restaurant is still a treat.

The only cell phone I have belongs to the construction company. My friends may have more money and stuff but I am happy with my life, something most of them can't say. I have a great Aunt and Uncle. Awesome grandparents and, a mother that I love and respect.

I put the lawn mower in the shed and headed back in to check on Kat and make some lunch. I found her on the couch dozing so I made some sandwiches with her favorite salad and took them out on the patio. Gently shaking her I watched as she came around.

"I made you some lunch. It's on the patio when you're ready." I said softly. Kat stood up and headed to the bathroom. "You need any help?"

She looked at me as if I was suggesting something inappropriate.

"So that's how it's going to be?" Kat asked accusingly.

I wasn't sure if she was offended or was in pain but this wasn't like her. Mom could take a joke as well as dish it out. The only problem is I wasn't joking, I just wanted her to know I was there for her. I closed the gap. I learned many things in school and one of them was to stand up for myself.

"This is how it's. You're hurt. You have no use of one arm. You're in pain. You're frustrated, and maybe a bit embarrassed by it all. Now you can get mad at me if you want but that will not change your predicament." I kissed her cheek, sending a signal that last night was over. "If the positions were reversed would you offer to help me?" I challenged her.

Mom's attitude softened recognizing my offer was sincere.

"I'm sorry. Yes I would." She said demurely.

"Good now let me rephrase the question. If you find you need assistance I'm at your service." I held the door open and closed it as she entered. I didn't need to wait long.

"Dan, can you come in?" Mom called.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and opened the door. She had her robe held high her panties partially pulled up but way crooked. I stood behind her and slid them into place. I didn't ogle but I did look. She knew I did as she watched me in the mirror.

"I'll meet you on the patio." I explained.

"Dan can you help me wash my hand?" There was a quiver in her voice.

I went to the sink and started the water. I grabbed her special soap and worked a lather in my hands. Kay slipped her hand between mine until it could no longer be seen. She held it over the sink as I washed it gently. Her fingers spread I slipped mine between working the lather along the sides.

The softness of her hand drew me in. her delicate fingers kept me there. I was taking way too long for such a simple undertaking but I didn't care and she made no move to stop me. It was the ringing of the phone that interrupted the task. I quickly rinsed our hands and grabbed the towel wrapping it around hers. I reached the phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Daniel. How is Kat?" Eve asked bluntly.

"Eve! Hello how are you doing?" I said.

Eve refuses to be addressed as Grandma or Grandmother. No Gamma or any such variation. Her name is Evelyn but except for Charles even that is off limits. It's simply Eve.

We talked and I repeated the story I gave Uncle George. Eve suggested she would be coming in to help Kat for a couple of weeks. I use the word suggested loosely. She more or less decided she was coming and that was that.

Eve has a way of getting her way with just the words she uses and the inflection in her voice. I know I'm doomed when she calls me darling, as in, "Darling would you please ..." How can you say no? Or even get mad? There are more but you get the picture. She is smooth. That's for sure.

"Great I'll see you then." Kat was waiting in the hall as I hung up the phone. "Eve is coming in on Tuesday. Sounds like she wants to stay here!"

"You ok with that? You may have to give her your room." Mom asked.

Rumor was years ago before my dad passed away they would hardly even talk. As a kid they seemed to get along fine. The last five years or so they seem close. But now they are even closer. I think I know how close but I have no proof.

"I think it's great! We can make it work. Come on let's go eat." I said cheerily.

We went out to the patio and sat down for lunch. I thought for sure she would want to talk about last night but she was either still under the influence of the pain pills or had other things on her mind. Maybe it was Eve.

"How's the arm? Still in pain?" I asked. She looked down at her elbow in the sling.

"The worst is over. Just a dull throbbing right now. Every once in a while I have a moment. What are your plans for the day?" Mom asked.

"Well I usually work on Saturday so I have no plans if you need me. If not I might go see some buddies."

"I thought we might go shopping but we can wait until tomorrow. You go have some fun. I'll see you for dinner?" Mom asked more than stated.

"Dinner for sure. I'll be back by five." I picked up the dishes to take them in the house.

twofourthree
twofourthree
1,678 Followers