A Battle of Minds Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Laura gave in to forgetting, to darkness, to the nothingness as her mind sank into a deep, dark abyss.

***

The dark hallways of the hospital were silent; the only sound to be heard was the quiet hum of the lamps behind the emergency exit signs, that gave the inside of the building a little bit of greenish light, and the buzz of a few medical devices. Dr. Smith was so used to the silence that surrounded him during night shift, that he adapted his own footsteps automatically: He was barely audible either.

This night was indeed particularly quiet, so far there had not been a single emergency, nor had new patients been delivered to the hospital. Dr. Smith was definitely not complaining about this. He was already well past fifty years old and he liked peace and quiet. When as a young man he had decided to study medicine, he had still been equipped with the necessary energy for this straining job. Now, however, he felt more worn out with every day and started looking forward to retirement. Until then, however, he still had to work quite a few years. At least this was a small-town hospital; the amount of accidents and other emergencies was by far not as big as it might have been in a big city. Thus, Doctor Smith did not mind night shifts, and he particularly liked nights like this one, where he could quietly walk around the hallways, enjoy an atmosphere of peace that only a large amount of sleeping people could generate, and let his own thoughts wander freely.

Suddenly, however, these thoughts were interrupted by a sound. The sound of naked feet on the linoleum hospital floor, not loud at all – had it not been so quiet in the hospital, and had Dr. Smith not been so used to the silence, he might not even have heard it.

Dr. Smith froze for a moment, then he turned and looked around suspiciously – but the hallway was empty. If one of his patients had left their room and was wandering around the nightly hospital, then why had they not turned on the light?

He could not make out the sound anymore, however. Thus, after listening into the night for a few more moments, Dr. Smith turned around again and continued his slow walk up the hallway. Another sound cut through the silence, the creak of a door, not louder than the patter of naked feet had been earlier. Then the door closed, and instinctively Dr. Smith knew, which door it had been. Slowly, hesitatingly he moved towards it. It was the door of a small cabinet where the hospital's cleaners left their appliances. Definitely not the right place for a patient to spend the night.

Dr. Smith believed he could feel the presence of someone behind the closed door of the cabinet. For a few moments he just stood there, and then he took a deep breath and pushed the door open. It was dark inside; he could not see anything but a few indistinguishable shapes and blindly started to search for the light switch.

Just when he found it, something touched his hand – thin, soft fingers, pulling his hand away from the light switch. Before Dr. Smith could utter a sound of surprise and fear, another hand covered his mouth. The touch was soft, however, not menacing, more like a caress, and he felt a body pressing against his back. A female body, he could make out breasts, soft and round, not particularly big yet clearly distinguishable as they pushed against him. The woman behind him could not be wearing many clothes, probably just a thin nightgown.

After a moment of this strange, blind hug, she let go, and Dr. Smith turned around. Now that he had been inside the cabinet for a few moments, his eyes had gotten somewhat used to the darkness, and the woman was standing right in the dim light shining in from the hallway through the open door; Doctor Smith recognized Laura, his patient with the sad eyes, who by now had recovered well from her car accident. She was smiling, as she reached out to the door. After pulling it closed, they were engulfed in complete darkness, but Dr. Smith was not scared anymore, nor did he feel the wish to find the light switch. He stretched out his arms to the girl, and pulled her into a tight embrace, relishing the feeling of her soft skin, of her feminine body under the tiny night gown.

He did not wonder what she was doing here, why she seemed to have been expecting him – her presence, her fragrance and the warmth of her body were too enticing. Somehow, to Doctor Smith, meeting her here seemed just right, just the thing he had been waiting for this night. Any possible thought of morals, of the law, even of his wife were wiped from his mind when Laura's lips touched his. The doctor gave himself to her kiss, returned it, let his tongue explore the young woman's mouth, and as his courage grew, he started exploring her young body with his hands.

He felt her move, heard a rustle of fabric, and then found that the girl had pushed up her night gown, so that now he could feel her smooth skin directly under his fingers. Slowly he let his hands wander down and then back up along her thighs, before he grabbed with each hand one side of her beautiful behind, firmly, feeling her flesh under his fingers, and pushed her body yet closer to his own. Then he allowed his hands to wander again, to explore her body with a thoroughness that put even any of his medical exams to shame. Laura stepped back just enough to allow the space between them he needed to reach her breasts.

He relished in the feeling of those firm globes under his hands. When he cupped them, he could feel her nipples poking into the insides of his hands. The little buttons were small, but they were swollen and hard like diamonds. Laura's moans heightened his arousal; he felt his manhood straining against his trousers.

As if she had guessed his thoughts, Laura's hand suddenly touched him right there, pressing against his sex and rubbing along it, through his trousers and his medical coat. Finally her hand slipped underneath the coat and he could feel her fingers searching for his fly of his trousers, pulling it slowly open.

Doctor Smith let his hands wander back down as well. Laura had not been able to shave since she got to the hospital, but the doctor did not mind the fine hair she had grown; the girl did not have a tendency to strong hair growth. He was much too engrossed in the feeling of her naked skin under his fingers to care about such details anyway. His hands reached the girl's sex, and with his fingers he parted her labia, tentatively moving one finger right along the entrance to her hidden treasure. She was wet, and the doctor transported some moisture upwards with his finger, towards her most sensitive spot. When his finger touched her there – carefully at first, but soon applying more pressure to the rotating movements around the little nub – she moaned again. Once more, the doctor moved his finger downwards, this time pushing a bit more against her sex, entering her. Laura's moans grew louder and somewhere in the back of Doctor Smith's mind he remembered again that anyone walking along the hallway would be able to hear her – but he didn't care. He had long forgotten that getting caught would probably cost him both his job and his marriage.

Guiding her with his hands, he turned Laura around, so came to stand with her back to the cabinet's wall, and then put his hands around her hips, lifting her up against the wall. Instinctively the girl wrapped her legs around his body and put her arms around his neck. Her mouth searched his again, she drew him closer, seemed to give all of herself to him already in this kiss. Near his own manhood Dr. Smith felt the presence of her moist, warm sex, a cave awaiting him. He pushed his trousers further down, and took his painfully hard and expectant cock into one hand to guide it into her treasury. With his other arm he held on to Laura, keeping her in the right position, while he slowly entered her.

As he slid into her moist cavern with ease – she was too wet and willing to offer any resistance – vague memories of all the secret encounters with his girlfriends when he was a young man flooded Doctor Smith's mind. He felt like that again, like the 18 year old he had once been, who had made an art form out of seducing young women in places where neither his nor their parents would ever find out. Of course, this young woman, Laura, had been the one to seduce him this time. And as he paused inside her, wanting to give her a moment to grow accustomed to the intrusion, she wrapped her legs yet tighter around him, trying to pull him in deeper, and started rotating her hips as if to urge him on. She did not have to ask the Doctor for long, he was happy to oblige and started moving inside the girl with long, even thrusts.

He relished in the sensation of her warm canal, wrapped tightly around his manhood – and in the sound of her enthusiastic moans as he picked up his pace a bit. If it continued like that, he would not last long, but Doctor Smith was not able anymore to form any coherent thought. The hospital full of sleeping people, the sad story of this young woman, even the small cabinet he was in, it all blurred into an unimportant background. All that existed in his world now was her warm, soft body, her wonderfully soaked pussy, and his own pleasure.

***

Mr. Seger was quite pleased with himself. He congratulated himself with his little scheme: It had gone just as planned. First he let the doctor play with Laura for a while, allowing him the feeling of happiness for one last time in his life by letting him enjoy that young and beautiful body of Laura's. The thought of that fat old man having his way with Laura in a cabinet, between plastic buckets and dust mops, his greedy hands leaving fingerprints on her smooth skin – all this aroused Mr. Seger more than he cared to admit. Afterwards, in the morning, he made sure that Mrs. Smith suddenly had the idea of surprising her husband by picking him up from work. Of course, she could not find him, and together with a nurse she started searching the hospital. Doctor Smith had fallen asleep, cuddled up with Laura, just when his shift ended; however, the girl woke him up in his favorite way: by sucking his dick. After a while, he started fucking her again, and Mr. Seger first let Laura show all signs of enjoying herself immensely – until, attracted by her moans, Mrs. Smith and the nurse opened the cabinet door. Then, suddenly, Laura started struggling and screaming. Her desperate cries of "No!" and "Help!" echoed through the hospital's hallways, attracting more doctors and nurses and the patients that were just starting another beautiful and sunny day.

The quack didn't deserve anything else. The day of the accident was still burned deeply into Mr. Seger's memory. Doctor Smith had been in the emergency room when they brought in Marion. She was his responsibility, and she died under his care – had the doctor been a little bit faster, a little bit better at his job, she might still be alive.

The thought of Laura's mother still awoke a dull pain in Frank Seger. Each day, as he walked through the forest, he had to fight the urge to run back to his hut, hide in his bed, pull the blanket over his head, and never again look at any other human being and even less at the locket. But he knew that this was not an option. Life had to go on, and he had to continue what he was doing. After all, what else could he do?

His little schemes, however, like taking his revenge on that loser of a doctor, helped him go on. And what helped him most, more than his revenge even, was the thought of being in full control of Marion's daughter again. It had been easier than expected – he had feared that the long weeks of freedom might have strengthened Laura's willpower, but the opposite was the case. He had her; he had taken her back into his service effortlessly. And the girl, after all, was as beautiful as her mother once had been. And she was all his again.

***

The air smelled of spring – that wonderful smell of moist earth, from which the snow has thawed away, of young grass and of fresh leafs and sun. The birds were announcing their return with loud song. The March sun was shining down on Laura, its warmth tickling her skin. She was sitting on the meadow in front of school, together with a few classmates. In fact, the ground was still much too cold to sit on it comfortably, but none of the students really cared about that: It was spring, and it was finally getting warm again. The long and dark winter had passed.

Laura looked around curiously. She was sitting with a group of boys, all from the 12th and 13th grade. Hardly any of them, however, belonged to the people she would hang out with in the old days. They weren't from Martin's group of friends either. Most of them were quiet, shy guys, nice enough but somehow just not the type of people she used to be interested in. However, she did not really care whom she was hanging out with these days – there was nothing to be said against these guys. It was just nice to sit outside, in the fresh air, enjoying the sun – and being free, even if it was just for a few moments.

It wasn't the first time since her stay in the hospital, that she freed herself from Mr. Seger's power. At first, all she wanted was to forget, but that didn't last long. After a few weeks, started waking up again: During a stormy February night, Laura cried for her mother, another night she once again tried to figure out what had happened in the last weeks, with the help of old newspapers and her email inbox. The truth was that the pain was still there. Each time she awoke, her mother was the first thing on her mind. However, the quality of that pain changed. It was not quite as all-consuming. It allowed space for her wish for freedom once again. She assumed that it was that wish that allowed her to sometimes free her mind from Mr. Seger's control, at night, when he was sleeping. Today, however, was the first time she had woken up at daytime.

His control over her seemed to be weakening, there was no other explanation. She had managed, after a lot of practice, to resist Martin, to not allow him back into her mind – and she planned to manage the same thing with Mr. Seger too, even if he was stronger than Martin had ever been: After all, Martin had not really been free; he had controlled her while being under Mr. Seger's control.

Her life would never be the same again, she knew that – after all, how could she still be able to lead the normal life of a regular 19 year old girl? Too much had happened, too much that she could not make undone. Maybe, however, if she was free, free to go away, she would be able to forget, Laura hoped. Her own fate, however, was only part of Laura's concerns. There was a bigger meaning behind all this: Laura suspected that her former teacher was up to something. That Mr. Seger had a plan, however vague, behind all his doing. And a plan by a man with that much power and that little scruple would not be good for Leskow, so she had to prevent him from carrying it out.

One of the boys sitting on the meadow with Laura took a card game out of his school bag, and the group started playing skat. Laura didn't join in the game, but for a few moments she watched with feigned interest. Then she stood up, taking care to seem as normal as possible, or whatever was perceived as normal for her these days. She walked towards the shore of the lake, right next to the meadow. The water was sparkling in the sunlight. On its waves, between the reflections of the sun, ducks and swans were swimming, hoping for some bread crumbs. They were successful – shortly after Laura's arrival a mother approached the lake with her small child on her hand. She handed the boy an old bread roll, helping him to tear off little parts to throw to the ducks. The child, however, did not fully understand the idea; he seemed to think that it was a much better idea to eat the bread himself. With a smile Laura watched the toddler and his mother, and the fight of the ducks and swans for whatever crumbs ended up in the water after all.

The sun burned warm onto her neck, the air was filled with the scent of growing leafs and of water. Then, however, the atmosphere changed: Laura felt an all too familiar sensation. Mr. Seger was back. Her angry cry echoed over the lake and caused the boys to look up from their card game. But the girl paid them no attention. She concentrated all her strength on staying conscious, on staying here, at the lake's shore, watching the little boy feeding the ducks, and on staying conscious of the fact that she was doing just that. Finally, however, the lake became first blurry and then dark in front of her eyes.

***

Once again, Frank Seger was staring into the distance, across Lake Leskow. It seemed to him that he had been doing so a lot lately. Now that it was spring, ducks and swans were populating the lake, the parents guarding their fluffy yellow and grey offspring. The presence of new life gave the lake a fresh and happy air, but Mr. Seger barely spent attention to that. He was thinking of Marion, another thing he was doing a lot lately, thinking of what could have been if she had just noticed him back then. And also of what could have happened if he had used his powers in a different way.

He had walked up and down the shore all morning. And he had done so the previous evening. And in between walking, he sometimes stood still for a few moments, staring out over the water, towards the little town that still did not guess at his presence. It was quite a way from this side of the lake to Leskow, but Mr. Seger could make out the school. On the meadow in front of the school, several students were sitting, as they always did during their breaks, as soon as the weather would allow it. Someone had walked away from the other students and was standing at the shore, staring out over the waters, just like he did. And even though there were over one hundred meters of water between them, and he was well hidden underneath the trees of the forest, Mr. Seger suddenly got the impression that the girl was staring right into his eyes. At that very moment he knew, who was standing there. Laura.

Only now, he realized that there was no connection between her and him. And he knew that there hadn't been one for a while, at least half an hour. Somehow, she had freed herself from his power again, without him noticing. Somehow... And something told him that this might not be the first time that she managed this. A strange fear came over Mr. Seger. Again, he had to think of Martin. Could Laura be dangerous to him too?

***

Thomas was in a visibly good mood – how could he not be? The rains of April seemed to finally have passed, the weather was amazing, he had passed his last written exam and still had another month's time before he would have oral exams – and he was on his way to a new meeting with Laura.

They met up at least once per week – almost every week since their first meeting last fall, with the exception of those week Laura had spent in hospital. At first, Thomas' sexual gratification was the sole purpose of those secret moments, after all that was what he paid her for. By now, however he considered his time with Laura also a kind of lesson – he was studying something more important than math or literature, and he was learning in the most pleasant way possible. After all, he did not plan on only sleeping with women who received money for it for the rest of his life. As pretty as Laura was, as much as he liked her, Thomas dreamt of having a girlfriend, being with a woman he could love and respect. With a girl, who had not slept with half the guys at school. He was aware that all those rumors about Laura were probably true. After all, if it had been that easy for him to get her to do what he wanted, it couldn't have been any harder for the others. And, as he had heard, she was planning to improve her grades for her final exams in a not quite legitimate way, should it be necessary.