A Blood Moon All Hallows Eve

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"None sir."

"May God be with us."

Hank and the men scouted the perimeter of the warehouse. They immediately spotted three men guarding an access door. Nodding to his men they flanked the three men coming up from behind and eliminated them as a threat. Hank followed and all entered the door into the dimly lit area adjacent to the main part of the warehouse.

They allowed their eyes to adjust to the light when Hank heard voices. He ordered his men to stand down and wait until they were needed.

Hank could hear Ricardo talking about if his men heard anything about Vicki's status. Hank thought it was as good as a time as any so he walked in on everyone. "Sorry Ricardo, Vicki has been put in a safe place, on consecrated ground. There is no way you can get to her."

Ricardo was surprised to see Hank walking up to him. "How...How is it you know where I am?"

"Ricardo, you have been under constant surveillance since you came back into town. The church knows how you vampires work. Especially during the Blood Moon All Hallows Eve. So Vicki is on church grounds, someplace you cannot go.

Ricardo started laughing at Hank. "You have no clue, do you? Vicki has been exactly where I expected her to be. You really are too trusting. Right about now the love of your life and my future mate will be here."

"No! How could you get her out of the church?

"With enough men, anything can happen. That and a little help on the inside."

Ricardo gave me a slight smile and tilted his head making it seem like he was listening for something, "Matter of fact our special guests have just arrived." There was a commotion coming in and I heard my nightmare scenario approaching me as Vicki, the Bishop and several of Ricardo's men walked into view.

"You see my dear Henry, all you need is money. It helps getting what you want so much easier. The advantages of being around for a hundred years. I am a very rich man."

"Vampire!"

"Yes, Well, of course. But who's splitting hairs as long as I get what I want."

Hank looked into the Bishop's eyes and he immediately looked down. "Your solemn word, huh? Your not much of a man, are you?"

The Bishop looked up slightly, but still unable to meet Hank's gaze, "I'm sorry my son, but it was this or he promised to kill me." While the bastard was talking no one noticed I was slowly reaching behind my back for something that should convey my anger for his actions.

"Henry, there are plenty of woman out there. You can always..." That's as far as he got when everyone watched him fall to his knees with a dagger sticking out of his chest and the look of shock on his face. After he fell face first into the cement floor, Vicki started screaming and everyone looked at me, "I guess the Cardinal is going to need a new Bishop."

"You see what happens when you break your word to God Ricardo? Have no fear though, I will not break mine." I looked at the four men who came with me, "Are you with me or are you going to join the Bishop in hell?" Each man affirmed their allegiance to me, the Pope and to God. They were sent by the Pope so I didn't really doubt them. "Then kill the men holding Vicki and protect her while I finish what I vowed so long ago."

Only a few seconds passed when the men raised their muzzles of their weapons with silencers attached and the whispered sounds of justice rang out as every man surrounding Vicki fell dead. Vicki was screaming again and Ricardo made steps toward her. A repeat of the throw that lodged a dagger into the Bishop was sent toward Ricardo except this dagger was made of silver. I didn't want him dead so soon so I aimed for his leg. One thing the church told me about silver and vampires was true, it really hurts. I could hear the sizzle of his skin as it burned his flesh.

Ricardo's scream was as loud as Vicki's, but filled with more agony. "Ricardo, now you know better then to approach Vicki. All you did was get men killed. You should've been more worried about yourself. Now are you ready to get this over with? I've been waiting a very long time to avenge my sister. Don't worry about anymore silver daggers. My men have silver bullets and will use them only if you kill me.

It will be just you and me in a bare hands beating until one of us is dead. Of course the hit I gave you in the gym will feel more like a love tap compared to what I have in store for you tonight. Oh, yeah, just to make sure your dead, I'm going to drive a wooden stake through the heart. I expect that to be fun."

I walked over to Vicki and took her in my arms, "I didn't want you here for this. I would rather have left you with a more positive view of me instead of the one your about to see." I lowered my eyes, "I'll have to do become someone I'm not, someone who may terrify you, please forgive me, but it has to be done.

Will you hold this for me?" I took off the silver cross around my neck and gave it to her to hold. "After it's done, please put back on me so I may be buried wearing it. You keep Anne's. I want you to have it so it will help you to remember me."

"How could I ever forget you Hank?" Giving a sad smile, "Without you my life will be meaningless. All I ask is that God kill me so I can be with you after." I could not help, but more tears fall as I gave her another small kiss.

I looked at the men protecting Vicki, "Give me some space and if I fail, finish the job. Use your silver bullets and then take his head." I turned back to Ricardo who by now has pulled the dagger out of his thigh and had thrown it on the ground.

"Let's get this done." I stepped toward Ricardo, it's a shame really, I was told Richard Barnes was a nice man, too bad you had to take over his body."

Hank and Ricardo stepped around the other like beasts stalking its prey. Each waiting for the first move to be made so they could counter and draw first blood. Hank knew the strength and quickness possessed by vampires and this being the Blood Moon All Hallows Eve, Ricardo was at his strongest. But Hank spent the last century learning every technique of fighting and was capable of causing tremendous damage with each strike. This is where his vow has taken him.

Ricardo morphed into a hideousness that startled everyone but Hank. It was expected and allowed Hank to separate the man that used to be from the evil that he swore to destroy.

A sudden reach by Ricardo raking his elongated nails through Hanks flesh brought out the first fall of blood, but Ricardo was stunned by the overhand punch brought down against his face. Holding his arms as blood oozed passed his fingers, Hank looked down as he sees shock register across Ricardo's face as he realized the punch in the gym was only a tender jab meant only to make a point.

Hank took two steps back allowing Ricardo back off the floor. This was not going to be a quick trip to death. Hank meant to punish Ricardo before he imposed God's justice.

Both man and vampire attacked the other taking a piece of the other for over twenty minutes. Blood was life for both and neither had much left. During the fight Hank could hear the cries of Vicki, but he had to continue even though it meant not only the death of Ricardo, but his as well.

The end of All Hallows Eve was approaching. Hank lunged for Ricardo and took him to the ground pinning him underneath his weight. He punched and punched until he could barely lift his arms and could no longer feel movement by the creature under him. The view of the man that used to be Richard Barnes was a sickening sight. Pieces of flesh torn and blood soaked clothes were the only parts that appeared human.

Hank raised himself up stumbling to a bag close by taking out a wooden stake and a mallet. There are two ways to guarantee a vampires death. Wooden stake through the heart or removing its head. Hank did promise Ricardo he would use a stake.

Positioning the wood stake over Ricardo's heart raising the mallet, he spoke a few unexpected words, "May God have mercy on your soul, Richard Barnes," as he swung down hard driving the stake into Ricardo's heart. One last loud cry from the vampire and it was done. Hank fulfilled his vow to God bringing justice to his sister and all the other woman who fell victim to Ricardo.

Vicki looked on scared to what she witnessed wondering what happened to the wonderful gentle caring man she fell in love with. She gasped as she watch Hank let out a primal scream of victory.

Hank turned to Vicki and made two steps toward her before he collapsed dying. Vicki broke free of the Papal guards rushing to Hank. She pulled him to her lap as she cradled his head. He looked up at his crying love, "It is done. I have fulfilled my vow. Oh how I wish you and I had more time. I love you Vicki." As his eyes closed and his breathing stopped.

The Papal Guards stood by allowing the woman to mourn Hank. What surprised them was the emotional scream Vicki released at his passing. It was more fierce then the cry of victory Hank let loose just moments before.

Vicki yelled for God to bring Hank back to her. She cursed him for taking away the only man she has ever loved. Tears fell from her face as she spoke softly to Hank's body begging him not to leave her.

Moments passed as she remembered the cross she was holding for Hank. Raising it to her lips she gave it a loving kiss before she wrapped the chain and clasped it around his neck.

The Papal Guards approached Vicki and begged her to allow them the honor of carrying Hank's body to the Cardinal so he could be prepared for burial. She nodded slightly to the men, but as they knelt down to retrieve his body they heard a voice tell them that you don't bury the living.

One of the men said, "Who in the hell said that?"

"I did."

They all turned their eyes down to see Hank looking back at them. Vicki broke down crying as she pulled Hank into her tightly asking how and why. "God heard you. He did ask if I would perform one more task for him and of course I said yes."

"What did he ask of you?"

"He asked me to live a normal life as your husband. I gave him my word I would love no other and if you said yes, I would be your husband. What do you say, will you marry me?"

With tears running down her cheeks, "I couldn't very well let you break your word to God now could I? Of course I'll marry you."

The Papal Guards insisted they leave the premises and get Hank some medical care.

It would prove an easier recovery for Hank then the last. Besides the benefit of modern medicine, he had his bride-to-be with him every moment of the healing process. It only allowed their love to grow, warming the hearts of all around them.

The Cardinal praised Hank for completing his mission and thanked him for eliminating a less then worthy Bishop from the ranks of the ministry. Hank apologized for the loss of the two Papal Guards protecting Vicki before she was taken by Ricardo's men. All were honored for their service.

During Hank's time in the hospital, Vicki asked him about his trip to heaven and what it was like. All he told her it was nothing that could be clearly described, but it felt like home. Peaceful and loving, filled with happiness. But more importantly, he got to be with is family and tell them how much he loved them. His sister was especially proud of her big brother and wanted nothing more than his happiness. She gave him a kiss on the cheek before he came back to spend a mortal life with Vicki.

Hank and Vicki were married in the church, each vowing before man and God to love one another until death they do part. But both knew their time together would surpass a mortal life and carry on into heaven itself.