All Comments on 'A Gentle Revenge'

by John Randolph

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Garbage

Yep this is what rich men have to do for sex, rape women!!! Please, this was just poorly written garbage about rape even if she consented afterward.... Next time put in in right category....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
An insult to Poe

Really, an insult to everyone in this category. Why is this here? Non-consent is where this belongs. Just straight up rape. You are one sick bastard.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 7 years ago
What destroyed this story...

What destroyed this story: 1st - why did he took his revenge on the wife too, if she was innocent? 2nd - why the need to rape her? 3rd - he wasn't an innocent man, with the dubious business and friends he had. 4th - For a claustrophobic he took his punishment as a normal person...5th - I don't understand how a rape can be a "gentle revenge". So 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I hope you live

"The Tell Tale Heart"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What could be more gentle than kidnapping and rape?

Not good.

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
A GENTLEMAN IS NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL

neither of those 2 fit the bill. TK U MLJ LV NV

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsalmost 7 years ago
rape tales just don't cut it for me

Raping the innocent wife should have forced (no pun) this story to another category. JMO.

MFH

patilliepatilliealmost 7 years ago
Must be my day to be confused by the story offerings

cause I dont get a lot of this tale. Why the need for revenge? What happened to the wife and hubby?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I get it

For the love of God Montresor!

Yes for the love of God.

For those who do not read Poe, The Cask of Amontillado.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/poe/cask.html

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What was this all about,revenge for what

This was so poorly done it blows my mind. Where's the story here. ,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I would have preferred an ending where she left / disappeared with him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Coarse, unemotional writing.

Putting things in capitol letters doesn't make them emotions. Nor does it convey emotions for the characters. Your passages were stiff and the writing just didn't have any flow to it. Add to that the characters were just unlikable sods and you get this train wreck. Simply not fun to read.

1 star

Writer_DirectorWriter_Directoralmost 7 years ago
While you were revenged for your wife's cheating

Where was your wife?

Yes, there's a song about that. Wanna hear it? Here it goes...

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 7 years ago
I am sorry, but this is

unmarkable.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 7 years ago
Donald vs Ivana

When I first heard the financial details of The Donald / Ivana Trump divorce, I decided I didn't need to worry about spats between multi-millionaires! But this tale would be disgusting DESPITE the financial aspect. The person most damaged (no, not the narrator) had done NOTHING against anyone! Females are apparently meaningless pawns to the author, to be destroyed without concern or consequence! Sweetie was not even worth letting We-The-Readers in on her fate.

2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Couldn't Finish It

Gave it a try, but I couldn't finish it. Thanks for the effort, but it is only worthy of 2 stars.

Fuck me or I'll kill your husband is a pretty shitty revenge scenario.

What was the injury? What was in insult? She had only the best available to her. So what fucking what? She was already rich, so it is not like your provision was not everyday stuff for her.

A story trapping him for a couple of hours in an elevator and sharing his indiscretions with his wife would have been much better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Clever and interesting

A different kind of revenge. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

It just stopped. .????

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 7 years ago
This is better than it looks!

Very Poe-like! Yes, the wife is raped but she rapidly becomes a willing participant. Yes, the husband is kidnapped and held against his will, but...this is a revenge story! And the participants are uber-wealthy and playing for high stakes. That's what they do. Want to play for high stakes? Don't call foul. Possibly the protagonist steals wifey in the end? Perfect!

Bravo, Author! Please write more!

chytownchytownalmost 7 years ago
It's A Read**

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A lot less here than meets the eye

. . . And?

(Perhaps too clever by half??)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Stupid

Showing your face to a man that you have imprisoned and then raped his wife, while being super wealthy??? Dead man walking is what he is.

No body no crime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Good read. Hey annony!!!!!!!

You got it wrong!! Its you whose mother should have killed at birth! God damn you, you are one retarded asshole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
re: anonymous-5

Did you read the story? No? Do us all a favor and move on to another site, you're becoming annoying. Come up with something more original, please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 πƒπ”πŒπ π“π‘π€πππ˜ π–π‡πŽπ‘π„β„’ (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka NEEDYOU200 aka 5+ANNONY!

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudealmost 7 years ago
Poorly written

For me it was disjointed and not developed. 2**

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
laughing out loud

Based on my metrics, which have never been wrong, except one or three times, the favorite ratio for this story told everything that had to be known. 30k views and 9 favorites is pretty bad.

But the story was likewise. The plot and all that junk could have been turned into a good story, but this lacked a single line of dialogue. That didn't help. The story made me sad, like putting down the favorite family dog sad. But this was an interesting plot, but if the effort to make the parts real isn't there, they should be narrated or skipped. But they were...and nothing took their place.

Everything was pretty mediocre...the sex, the setup, and whatever else I already forgot. But the forgetting is mostly my fault.

Try again...and do it better. I don't care much how...hell, steal a story, as long as I don't already know it, and I'll be as happy as a slut in cum. I'm sorry...but it isn't my fault. The play on fear was a good element, though. It was just a bit aborted, like my first child. Please forgive me, dead foetus...and stop haunting me in my dreams, I can't bring you back to life...and I don't think I would do so for someone that would make every night a terror while not even being alive anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". But poor imitations venture upon insult requiring revenge. I am not uttering a threat, but I will be avenged. I must not only punish but punish with impunity. A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong. Thus, you will receive two stars and you will know I have given them.

So sod off.

Edgar

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Not

This one is not near the top of my BTB list, in fact it is a total mystery to me.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
We have different definitions

My definition of "gentle" differs.

My definition of readable differs

My definition of arrogance applies.

2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
one star

becuase you went on & on & on about "the reason" and never said what it was that would drive a man to rape an innocent woman to get revenge on her husband

Also this isnt a LW story, id there was an actual sex scene it coulda been nonconsent

But as it is written it should have been filed under non erotic

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Sick

Sadistic. Disturbing. Immature. Sorry, nothing there is appealing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Scoring this submission as a reproduction of Poe's unique style, I give it 4****. The story is awkward and ponderous at points, just like his stories can be.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A sequel would be nice where the victim gets a knife an chops of his dick then proceeds to mutilate, but not fatally wound, the rest of his body and face so that he can live with that for the rest of his life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous