A Life Changing Event

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,721 Followers

It was a week after my court case and life was going quite normal when I got the dissolution papers from Mare. In it she asked for her vehicle, and all the money in our checking and savings account as of the day she left. We had over fifty thousand dollars in our accounts but the house and furnishing were worth a lot more. We would both keep our retirement savings intact.

It really was a fair deal and I agreed to it and signed the papers. I got the check from the insurance company and had to pay my court costs and fines out of it. Boyd told me when I was able to drive he would take me to the dealership and pick out another vehicle. I figured it would be another month.

I was sitting in my recliner when there was a knock on the door. It was Helen saying she was ready to take me up on the lunch date. I had to laugh since it was six o'clock in the evening. It was so nice seeing her and I invited her in. I asked her how things were at work and she told me things were going along pretty good but she missed having lunch with me.

She mentioned that a lot of the drivers were happy to hear that I would still be driving. For the two months I was off I rented my truck to one of my friends. It gave me a little income to pay the truck payment. I was getting a disability check but it took everything I received to make ends meet and I had no savings since everything went to Mare.

I hobbled around and got dressed and Helen drove us to the Red Lobster. I told her ahead of time that this dinner was on me. I figured I could use a credit card. Mare and I closed our joint accounts but I did have two in my name only.

"Helen, I want to thank you for everything you've done for me. If it wasn't for you I don't know what I would have done. I owe you big time."

"Henry, I told you before that I like you; I like you a lot. I'm hoping that after your divorce that maybe we can become closer friends."

"Helen, you're a beautiful, intelligent and I guess a wealthy woman. You can have most any man you want. You don't need to settle for a guy like me."

"I loved my husband and stayed true to him till the day he died. I didn't think I'd find another man that I cared to be with till I met you. You're not about money or one night stands. You love your kids and are a great father. A woman could do a lot worse. I know about your wife and found out she thinks about rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous. It's all about money and wealth to her."

"How do you know my ex-wife? Did you ever meet her?"

"No, but my father knows her mother and father and they were the same way. My father is rich but he earned everything he has. He began as a trucker and built his businesses. Your wife's parents were handed down their fortune from their ancestors. They were handed down a string of stores. I'm somewhere in the middle. My father gave me a job and told me that I needed to earn my good fortune just like my brothers had to."

We ate dinner and talked about her past and I talked about mine. She was so easy to talk to and I told her that someday I'd like to get an RV and see the country. I was surprised when she said she thought it would be fun. When she took me home and walked me inside the house I took off my coat. I turned around and she kissed me. It was very soft and very gentle.

I went to kiss her again and she told me no, not until my divorce was final. A few minutes later Amber came home and said she wondered whose car was in the driveway. Helen told her that we went out for dinner and had a nice time. Amber said she was happy to see her dad get up and about and thanked Helen for helping me out.

Helen left and Amber asked me if I liked Helen. I told her, "I do but nothing has happened between us. For now we are good friends and Helen has helped me keep my job and is a nice companion."

"Dad, for what it's worth. I like Helen too." That was all she said as she headed into her bedroom.

As the days went by I was feeling better. I had a therapist come by and helped me each day with my exercise. I had a lunch delivered each afternoon so I hardly ever had to cook anything. Helen would stop by at least three times a week to see if I needed anything. She usually visited and told me how things were going at work. I would call somewhere and order us a carryout dinner. We always ordered an extra one for Amber for when she got home.

We had a connection and we both knew it but didn't press it. A couple of my friends from work stopped by and told me that the CEO of the company stopped in and that I wouldn't believe what they were about to tell me. They told me that Helen Sparks was the daughter of the CEO. I acted surprised and asked how she was doing.

They told me that the business was running as smooth as it ever did. Ed, one of my buddies told me that he heard that Helen was a widow and just wore a ring so she wouldn't get hit on. I had to laugh when they told me that she didn't act like some rich bitch but treated everyone with respect right down to the janitor.

"Henry, everyone knows about your divorce. Maybe you can get Helen to go out with you after you return to work. We heard that Helen vouched for you and that's why you didn't lose your job. Maybe she likes you," laughed Ed.

"She sure isn't hard on the eyes, and probably rich too," said Jim.

Jim was the driver I let rent my truck till I got back. He said he would miss it. He never drove a truck that ran so good and didn't have to put money into. I told him it was like a fine woman. Take good care of her and you won't have as many problems with her.

"Yeah," said Jim. "That coming from a guy who's getting divorced." We all had to laugh at that one.

The time finally came when I could walk pretty good. I used a cane whenever I felt I needed too. I received my driver's license back and Boyd stopped by and we went to the dealership and I bought myself a good used truck with the money I had left from my insurance settlement. I really didn't need a new one seeing I usually just drove around town and back and forth to work.

I returned to work and Helen put me on local deliveries for three days a week for the first month to break me back in slowly. I did notice that my leg did hurt at the end of each day. Helen knew what she was doing. It wasn't a surprise that we also ate lunch at the diner everyday I worked.

Ed asked me if I was going to ask her out and I told him not until my divorce was final. I didn't want to make any waves. It was two weeks later that I got a call from my lawyer that I was a free man. I wasn't happy and I wasn't sad. I knew that I was about to start a new life.

I hadn't talked to Mare since she left. If she needed anything she usually went through Amber. Amber would go to her grandparents on the weekend to see her mom. She never told me anything they talked about and said she never told her mom what I was doing other than I was getting better and when I went back to work. She wanted to stay neutral and that's what I wanted too.

I was at work when I got called into Helen's office. I had no idea what she wanted when I walked in the room. "Henry, is your divorce final yet?" she asked.

"Yes, it was final two weeks ago. I was going to wait till this Friday to tell you at lunch and ask you out for dinner this weekend. What made you ask me?"

"I saw my Dad over the weekend and one of my brothers is throwing him a seventieth birthday party this weekend. It was going to be a surprise but you can't surprise my dad. I was wondering if you would like to go with me as my date; it beats going alone. You will have a chance to meet my dad, brothers and their family and also my son and his wife."

"Yes, I'd be honored to be your date. Can I just wear a suit or do I have to rent a tux?" I asked.

Helen smiled, "A suit would be fine. It will be a pretty big party. My dad knows a lot of people so most everyone will ask who you are. Just tell them the truth."

"What is the truth, Helen?" I asked.

"Tell them you're a truck driver, divorced with three grown kids. We met when I became manager of the terminal and we're out on our first date," she said with a smile.

We agreed on a time and she said she would pick me up. I told her I would drive to her apartment an we could take her car from there. I didn't figure she wanted to go all dressed up and go in my truck.

This would be something new for me. I hadn't went on a date with anyone but Mare for twenty-five years. When I told Amber about it she was really happy for me. I asked her if I should buy flowers, candy or some kind of gift. She told me she didn't think it was necessary in this case since dating has changed over the years.

"Just treat her like a lady and compliment her. She'll probably wonder what to wear, get her hair done, hope you think she looks nice. Just be yourself Dad, that's all you need to do."

****

I have to admit that I was a bit nervous. Going on an actual date after all these years. At least I had healed up and would be able to dance a little. I wasn't much of a dancer since Mare and I didn't go dancing. Then there was meeting Mr. Stonebridge, Helen's father who was a heavyweight when it came to the freight business.

I had to wonder if this was a mistake going to this birthday party. As Mare had often told me, 'I would be out of my element,' and probably would be right. I never hobnobbed with the bosses and here I was going on a date with my boss. Should a fifty year old man have butterflies?

I drove my truck to Helen's apartment. I realized that I had never been there before. It was definitely in the uptown section of the city. I parked my truck in the parking garage and a doorman opened the door to let me in after ringing Helen's apartment to verify I was expected.

I took the elevator up to her floor and she had her door open for me to come in. She yelled for me to come in from the other room and said she would be right with me. The apartment from what I could see was elegantly decorated. Again I had to wonder if I was making a mistake but then Helen came into the room dressed as sexy and elegant as any woman I've ever seen.

She wore a blue form fitting gown and her hair was done up. She smiled at me in my grey suit and told me I looked nice. I didn't tell her it was the only suit I had and usually only wore it to funerals and the kids' graduations.

"Helen, you look so damn beautiful. I'm sorry, I mean you look gorgeous. You always dress nice at work in your business suits but now you look, I don't know, maybe stunning is the word I'm looking for." I had to wonder if Amber was right and Helen did this for me. If she did, I was one lucky guy.

"I was going to bring you a corsage or candy or something but Amber said they don't do that anymore," I rattled on.

Helen walked over to me and gave me sort of a peck on the lips. "Thank you for going with me. I hate going to these parties alone and this one is for my fathers' birthday. He would be quite mad if I didn't attend his birthday party."

She made a call and we went down the elevator and her car was waiting for her in front of the building. The doorman greeted her and the valet opened the passenger door. She got in and looked at me. "You don't mind driving do you?" she asked with a smile. I went around and got in the driver's seat. Damn, this was a nice car.

As we drove away from her apartment she said, "Henry, there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked.

"You asked me if I knew your ex-wife and I told you I didn't. I talked to my father the other day and I come to find out I did know her or at least knew of her."

"What do you mean?"

"We went to the same high school for girls. She was two years older than me and I remember her being a bit rebellious and often times going against her parents' wishes. I didn't know her personally but I did see her around school. She tried to act like she was better than the rest of us because her family was rich. Some of the rest of our families were wealthy but our parents worked at it.

"You mentioned her name as Mare so I never made the connection. I knew her as Mary Cullison. My father's trucking company did all the hauling of their goods to their different stores. The reason I'm telling you this now is that they may be at my father's party."

"Helen, I don't have any problems with them being there. I going there for you and only you. I do have a problem that I have been pondering over. It's about you and me."

"What about us? I like you Henry and I believe you like me. We're both single and no one can stop us from being together."

I explained to Helen that when Mare and I first got together we believe that seeing we were so opposite that we were attracted to each other. I'm afraid that the same thing might happen between us.

She smiled at me and said, "Henry, we're far from opposites. We both come from trucking backgrounds, both like traveling and camping. Look at all the things we have in common, they way outnumber the things that are different between us. Give us a chance Henry, we deserve to be together."

I couldn't believe this beautiful intelligent woman wanted to be with me. I pulled up to the hall and the valet opened our doors and left to park the car. I looked over at Helen and it just came out, "Damn! You're so beautiful," and I leaned over and kissed her. She smiled at me and we walked into the building.

There must already have been sixty or more people there and the party hadn't even started yet. Helen spotted her dad and we walked up to him. There was a big smile on his face when he saw Helen. He stopped talking to the people around him and said, "There's my girl! Helen you look just as beautiful as your mother did." He had tears in his eyes. You could tell he loved his daughter.

Helen had told me her mother died when she was still a teenager. She had a heart attack. Her father remarried six years later to a nice woman by the name of Agnes. Agnes didn't try and replace her mother but was there for her to give her any womanly advice. Helen told me she was wonderful to her father and helped him anyway she could.

"Happy Birthday Dad," said Helen and then introduced me to her father. "Dad, this is my friend Henry, Henry, my father."

"Hello Son, he said to me. So you're the young man that caught my daughter's eye. You take good care of her. She's my baby girl," he laughed.

"Dad, I'm hardly a baby but I am your girl," said Helen as she gave her dad a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I was introduced to Agnes and then to Helen's brothers and her son and his wife.

It was funny being called son at fifty one years old. A number of people came up to Helen and she introduced me as her date and her friend. I stayed close to her because these weren't the kind of parties I usually attended. All the men complimented Helen on how nice she looked. Even the women told her that they were glad to see her and how happy she looked.

I got us a drink and we sat at a table with her son and his wife, as well as an uncle and some other people. I met so many people that I couldn't remember their names if I tried. Our table was next to Helen's father's table and we watched all the people come up to him wishing him a happy birthday.

It was then I looked up and Mare's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Cullison were at the table and behind them was Mare and some guy. They hadn't noticed me till Helen's dad called us over to introduce us to the Cullison's. He knew what he was doing. Helen told me he was an ornery old man.

"I want you to meet my beautiful daughter and her date, Henry," said Mack. That's what everyone called Helen's father. He preferred that over being called Mr. Stonebridge.

"It's nice to meet you," said Helen. "If I'm not mistaken I think you know my date, Henry."

They responded saying, "Hi Henry, surprised to see you. Hope you're doing well since your accident."

I knew it was sort of a dig but Mack responded by saying, "I can't hardly fire my daughter's boyfriend over an accident," then he laughed.

The Cullisons and Mare and her date found a table and we knew we were being talked about. Mare looked good but Helen looked much classier. We sat back down at our table and enjoyed the party. We danced the slow songs and I even danced with Agnes when Helen wanted to dance with her dad.

Dinner was fantastic and it wasn't a buffet. It was family style with each table having there own platters of food. Drinks were free but I told Helen I was limiting myself to three since I was driving. I drank Dr. Pepper the rest of the evening. I have to admit it was one of the nicest parties I've ever been to.

I have a feeling I kind of ruined it for Mare and her date. They stayed awhile but left shortly when the band began to play. Helen came up to me smiling.

"What is it? I asked.

"I know who Mary's date is. Do you want to know?" she asked.

"I would be interested in knowing who he is, but I'm much happier being here with you."

"Chet McMaster, he is the superintendent of schools for this county. He has been here for three years and has been dating Mary for two of them. He got divorced last year and lives down the block from the Cullisons."

It was time for us to leave and we said our goodbyes to everyone especially Helen's family. Everyone wished us the best and said they were glad to see Helen so happy.

When we got back to her apartment the valet parked her car and we went up to her apartment. "Will you make love to me?" Helen asked.

"There is nothing I would like more," I replied.

I helped her remove her dress and pantyhose. All she had on was her bra and panties. "My God! You're as beautiful near naked as you are with clothes on."

She just started laughing and it made me start laughing. I started undressing and took off my suit. We were both still laughing as I said, "No, I don't look as good naked as I do with clothes on."

She stopped laughing, walked up to me and put her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately. I pulled her tighter to me and we kept kissing. "Henry, be gentle with me. I haven't been with a man since my husband died."

I undid her bra and let it fall to the floor. I slipped her panties down to her knees and had her sit on the edge of the bed. I pulled her panties off her legs and asked her to lay back, which she did. She was so beautiful. She was in her forties and had the body of a woman in her thirties.

I got on my knees and spread her legs which were hanging over the side of the bed. I got between her legs and pressed my face against her pussy. Her mound was neatly trimmed and she began to make sounds and breath hard when I began licking her clit and labia. I pushed my tongue into her till my face was total against her pussy.

I lifted her legs and put them on my shoulders as I kept tongue fucking her. She kept saying, "Oh my God, feels so good I never want you to stop".

Her pent up sexual desires let loose and she came hard and I felt her juices on my tongue and face. She reached down and held my head tight against her and squeezed my head with her thighs. Thank God she only held my head there for around twenty seconds because I had a hard time breathing.

I got up and removed my briefs as she moved to the middle of the king sized bed. We didn't say a word as she spread her legs as I got between them and pushed my very hard cock into her. We didn't talk but were looking at each other eye to eye with desire. She was meeting me stride for stride as I pumped my hard cock into her. I wanted to last but it had been awhile since I was with Mare and I began to come hard. Shot after shot of cum went deep into her as I pressed and held my cock against her.

She started to have another orgasm and told me she could feel me coming deep inside her. Her pussy was pulsating as I lay across her and kissed her lips with her juices on my tongue and face. I lay on top of her holding my weight on my elbows till her pussy stopped pulsating and my cock softened.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,721 Followers