A Miracle at the Cabin Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You don't want anyone to know about our relationship?"

"Not until I have a job that I got on my own merits."

"Pam, I really don't like the idea of you working at a restaurant. Remember what happened in Charlotte. You and your boyfriend never saw each other. I'll be working mostly days and you'll be working many nights. I don't like that."

She was silent for a moment before replying, "I'm glad you reminded me. So if I could find a day job, you would be fine with that?"

"Of course. What about working in a bank? I know you have great interpersonal skills. Can you handle the detail work and the math involved?"

"Sure, I did it as a server."

"I have a friend who manages one of the Bank of America branches. We use them for our business. Let me see if he has any openings. I won't tell him about our relationship so you can go in and apply on your own. I promise not to use my influence."

After a moment, I continued, "Pam, I have the money to support you if you want to do something other than work every day."

"I know, but I want to feel like I'm contributing at least a little bit."

"That's fine. I understand. On Monday, I'll give Jason a call at the bank and see if he's looking for anyone. If not at his branch, maybe he'll know of an opening somewhere."

"You mentioned that your parents are going to be home soon. Can we have them for dinner? Maybe your dad will be gentle with me and my cooking."

"He's going to love your cooking and I think you'll blow them both away. Let me check their cruise schedule and I'll call them when the ship docks."

"What about meeting Lydia's parents?"

"Maybe we can take them to lunch Sunday. I'll give them a call when we get to the cabin."

After we arrived, I started the fire again while Pam headed to the bathroom. When she returned, I dialed Rick and Donna, Lydia's parents, and turned on the speaker so Pam could hear.

"Hello."

"Hi Donna, this is Tom."

"Hi Tom, so good to hear from you. How did the week at the cabin go?"

"It was really good. I had plenty of time to reflect on Lydia and my life. I think I've finally been able to let go of her and start looking ahead. She will always be a major part of me but my grief has been holding me hostage too long."

"That's wonderful. Rick and I have really been worried about you."

"I know. These two years have been tough on all of us. But life goes on and there's a lot of future to think about.

"The reason I'm calling is that I'd like to take you two to lunch after church on Sunday. I have someone I want you to meet."

There was a moment of silence.

"Tom, have you met someone?"

"I have. Her name is Pam." We could hear Donna choking up.

With a very shaky voice, she said,"That's wonderful news. We love you very much, Tom, and this is an answer to our prayers. How did you meet her?

"That's kind of a long story so we'll tell you on Sunday."

"Where do you want to meet?"

We'll swing by and pick you up at 12:45.

"We'll be ready. We really look forward to seeing you two."

"I love you Donna."

"Love you too. Bye."

Pam looked at me and smiled. "She sounds really nice."

"She is and so is Rick. They were a great help to Lydia and me during her illness and both of them have stayed close to me after she died. Her death hit them as hard as it hit me. She was their only child and they were devastated."

About that time, I heard a truck straining to come up the lane. It was the firewood being delivered. I put a jacket on and went out to guide the driver around the cabin. He backed the truck next to the porch and dumped the wood on the ground. A cord made a big pile. I wrote a check and he left immediately.

I walked back inside. "We are set now. I'm going to change to work clothes and start stacking."

"I'll change and help you."

For the rest of the afternoon, we stacked firewood. Pam proved to be a very hard worker, carrying and stacking as many pieces as I did. We stopped only once for a beer and to rest a few minutes. The very crisp air helped preserve our energy. By 5:00 the job was done and we carried some of the old wood in for the evening fire.

I asked, "Can I grill the steaks for us tonight?"

"Yum, that'd be great. We have a few potatoes and onions left. I'll make onion rings in the oven if you'd like. We also have carrot cake left."

"Let me run out and grab a bottle of wine. You do like red wine, don't you."

"Absolutely. I love most all wines."

"So a shiraz or Bordeaux would be good?"

"Sure. You want me to go with you?"

"No, why don't you start on the onion rings and I'll only be a few minutes."

Well, that promise of a few minutes turned into 90 minutes. I had a flat tire and didn't have the cell phone with me to call Pam. I didn't have a flashlight and it was so dark along the country road that I had to wait till someone came by that could help.

In about fifteen minutes, a pickup truck stopped and the elderly driver asked if I needed help. I told him the situation and he pulled his truck in behind me to shine his headlights on the car. I was then able to get the jack situated in the proper place and the tire changed. Thank God for nice neighbors willing to help.

I hurried to change it as quickly as I could and still get to the wine store before it closed. I didn't make it so had to go on to another store that was ten miles farther. When I finally made it home, it was clear Pam had been in a panic and had been crying.

"Where have you been? You worried me to death Tom. I tried to call you but you never answered. I was just sure something really bad had happened."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. My phone is here but it's probably set on vibrate." I then explained what happened and promised to never leave without the phone again. That was the first time I could sense Pam's real dependence on me and our relationship being much more than just sex and friendship.

It was very late when we finally had dinner but everything was still good. We sat in front of the fire for a couple of hours, sipped wine and talked about many things. But the thing that struck me the most was how she was now looking to me for guidance, comfort and protection. This was very much like my mom did with dad. It felt good to have someone depend on me once again. I committed in my mind to cherish her like my dad did mom.

**********************************

Early the next morning, I took my cell phone and a cup of coffee and drove to a garage about three miles away to have the tire repaired. By 9:00 I was back at the cabin and helping Pam prepare breakfast. At 10:30, we set the thermostat for low heat, turned the water pump off, locked the doors and headed to Chattanooga.

As we drove toward Atlanta, I asked Pam why she was being so quiet.

"I've just been sitting here thinking. A week ago early this morning, you walked into my room and I screamed my head off. Today, I'm going to be living with you and starting a new life. What a miracle this is. I was down and depressed and really had very few options. I knew I would have to find a job somewhere but I had no clue where. I had less than a thousand dollars so hotel rooms were out of the question. But then God sent my knight in shining armor."

"I'm certainly no knight in the romantic fairy tale sense. I have my warts and I'm sure you will see many of those."

Pam reached for my hand, pulled it to her lips and kissed it. "You know, I'm falling in love with you, don't you? Those warts are not going to matter."

"I'm also falling in love with you Pam. I keep telling myself that it's just not possible that you are I are together like this when a week ago we hadn't met. But here we are. It's truly a miracle."

***********************************

I pulled into my driveway and pushed the garage door opener.

"Tom, this house is amazing. I had no idea it would be this large."

"It's more space than we really need but I like the location."

When we parked, Pam saw an old Jeep Wrangler that I used for off-roading.

"Is that what Lydia was driving?"

"Well sometimes. It runs great. But the small car on the other side is the one I was talking about."

We walked around the Jeep and took the protective cover off the car. Pam screamed, "OH MY GOD!" She stood there in total shock with her hand over her mouth. "I can't believe this. Oh my god. Tom, this can't be for real. Are you kidding me? This is just not possible."

She was looking at a palladium gray 2008 Mercedes SLR McLaren roadster.

"It's still almost new. It only has about 4000 miles on it. Lydia drove it around town for about 18 months before she was essentially bed-ridden. But she loved this car. She said it had the same personality that she had. She would want you to drive it and love it just like she did."

Pam threw herself into my arms and tears welled into her eyes. "Thank you. I'll take great care of it just like she would. I just can't believe the privilege I have of driving this beautiful machine. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is just amazing. I can't believe it."

"Pam, listen to me sweetheart. Pam, look at me! PAM, are you listening?"

"OK, sorry. I just can't take my eyes off of her. Now, I'm listening."

"This car is very fast and can get out of your control before you know it. It can kill you. It's obviously rear wheel drive. It has a supercharged V-8 that generates over 600 horsepower with a top speed of over 200 mph. It loves gas and drinks a lot of it. You may or may not get ten miles per gallon and it only drinks the expensive stuff. It's the only one in Chattanooga according to the dealer so you will stand out and draw a lot of attention, especially from the police. So watch your speed and please don't take any chances. There will be a number of guys who will pull up next to you and want to drag race. Just ignore them. They know it's fast so you don't have to show them. OK? Do you promise not to do any racing?"

She said rapidly, "OK. I promise. I just can't believe this. I have never seen one except in magazines."

"Pam, what did you just promise?"

She had to think for a few seconds. "Oh, I promised not to race anyone."

"OK. I didn't think you were listening."

I raised the driver's door and she slipped under the steering wheel. Pam commented, "I had no idea the doors went up and not out on this car."

"The keys are in it. Start it up."

I raised the garage door. The engine started immediately and sounded like the perfectly engineered racing engine that it was. I had started and ran it for at least fifteen minutes every week since Lydia parked it, just to keep the battery charged and oil well circulated.

"After dinner, we'll take it for a run downtown. You'll look great in it. Of course, you'd look great driving any car."

"Thank you! I will feel great. I've never driven or even been in a Mercedes, much less a convertible like this. All my dinky cars were well used when I got them."

She studied the controls, instruments and all the options for adjusting the car's Bose sound system. She turned on the CD player and cranked up U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." I had wondered what happened to that CD. She turned to me and grinned while the lyrics seemed to explode from the speakers.

"Tom, You're what I've been looking for. Thank you sweetheart."

"You're welcome. Now let's get the grand tour out of the way and get you settled in."

We walked through the garage into the family room, which had vaulted ceilings and a large stone fireplace. Behind it was the kitchen with Sub-Zero and Viking appliances. Ten people could comfortably cook side by side there and Lydia had proven it several times. The cabinetry was all custom made from cherry. The library/sitting room looked out over the valley through a 12-foot high triple cathedral window that spanned the entire wall. The house was angled to allow only the morning light in during the summer but more sunlight during the winter. The dining room was next to the kitchen.

We walked through all the bedrooms and she picked the one that would become her office. My office was a very quite room in the basement next to the home theater room.

Pam loved the king-size bed we would be using as well as the master bath Jacuzzi and huge double shower. It was now almost dark outside so I turned on the floods and pool lights. Of course, the pool was covered and winterized so there wasn't much to see there.

"Tom, your house just blows my mind. I can't believe people actually live in mansions like this."

"Pam, it's no longer my house. It's our house. You're bringing a new life and spirit that will make this house our home."

Again, tears came into her eyes and she hugged me. We stood in front of the window, embraced and looked in silence at the glimmer of the Chattanooga city lights. I let myself reflect on Lydia and me doing that many times but it was no longer a sad memory. There was a joy in the depths of my soul as I knew for a fact she was watching over Pam and me.

We decided to have dinner in town but went to one of my competitor's seafood restaurants. Pam decided to leave the roadster at home. When we walked in, the owner saw me and walked over with a huge grin on his face.

"Tom, great to see you finally come to a good restaurant."

"Hi Matt. Yeah, my restaurants are all full tonight but I knew you'd have plenty of room."

"So who is this lovely creature?"

"Pam, this is Matt. Matt-Pam. He owns this restaurant, such as it is."

Pam asked, "Hi Matt, do you two spar like this all the time?"

Matt replied, "Yes. But we love each other. Don't we Tom?"

"Actually, Matt was in my wedding and we've known each other for 25 years-ever since we were in the first grade."

"I go to Tom's restaurants quite often and try to recruit his best employees and he comes here to see how great food can be."

"I just hope I'm here right after the health inspector so his employees haven't yet lapsed into their old ways."

Matt reached for two menus, "Let me show you to our best table near the kitchen entrance." He actually took us to a great table along the wall that had a nice view of the fireplace about 15 feet away. Unlike my restaurants' natural gas burning fireplaces, his was the real thing and was beautiful.

"You two enjoy the meal. The halibut tonight is fantastic."

I whispered loud enough for Matt to hear. "It's really catfish that his cooks pulled out of the river this morning."

Matt just shook his head and walked away.

We both ordered the halibut and Matt was right. The texture and flavor was outstanding. As the night was winding down, Matt returned and sat with us. He asked our server to bring over the after dinner drink cart and offered us anything we wanted. I had a nice French cognac and Pam had Blanton's Bourbon neat.

"Tom, I really am glad to see you. Are you two dating now?"

"Yes, we've been going out for a while. Pam is from South Carolina and she'll be going to UT here to finish her degree."

"I'm really happy for you, buddy. Pam, when you get tired of him, let me know."

I looked at Pam. "Matt says that to all the pretty girls, and some boys." Everyone laughed loudly including the table of patrons next to us.

We then switched to talking about business and the economy that appeared to be improving; then we moved on to local politics and taxes. It was a very good evening and we both enjoyed the camaraderie and the dinner.

When we arrived at the house, it was about 9:30 so we took the McLaren out for a drive. Pam struggled with the acceleration and the sensitivity of the gas pedal. She spun the tires almost every time but gradually got the hang of it. She took us over to I-75 and hit the gas hard in the acceleration lane. The tires spun but finally grabbed and the roadster threw our heads back as it shot out like a bullet past a corvette that had been well ahead of us. Of course that appeared to be a challenge to the poor corvette driver and he pulled up beside us and hit his accelerator a few times to show he wanted to race. I was proud of Pam as she looked straight ahead and ignored him. But she was grinning big time. The corvette driver was very lucky that she left him with some ego.

We returned home about 45 minutes later. After parking it, Pam met me in front of the car, snuggled into my arms and said, "There's only one thing that would make that ride better." She pulled my head down and we kissed more passionately than ever before. Her tongue was everywhere inside my mouth and mine fought back furiously as our hands reached for belts and buttons. When I dropped her bra and suckled those magnificent nipples, she stroked my cock until it was throbbing.

Pam dropped to her knees and took my entire erection deep into her throat. Her tongue pressed into and massaged the bottom of my penis over and over again. Her saliva dripped onto the floor and her gorgeous eyes locked onto mine while she cradled my balls and gently pulled and massaged them.

"I've got to have you, Pam." She stood, turned and laid her chest onto the warm car hood; and I inserted all I had into that amazing hot pussy. She was very wet and started moaning immediately as I stroked in and out with reckless abandon. I was thrusting so hard her feet were leaving the floor and her breasts were squeaking on the hood. I could feel her vaginal muscles clinching my cock as I rammed in and out. Pam did her best to thrust her hips back into me while my cock pounded into her G-spot.

The orgasm began deep within her. I could feel the rhythmic clinching and releasing of her vagina and I could see her butthole going in an out with each clinch. The intensity of her moans increased with each stroke and she squirmed under me. "Tom, Tom, oh god. Jeezz Tom, don't stop. OH MY GOD! OOOOOHHH GOD." She struggled for air and her lungs let out small gasps between each stoke.

"That feels sooooo good. Go faster. FASTER! Oh my god, oh god. TOM! Here it cums. Oooh Jesus."

Her back suddenly arched upward until only her nipples were touching the warm roadster hood. She looked over her shoulder at me as I continued to thrust and she gasped for air. Her eyes were out of focus. She suddenly looked straight ahead and I could hear a very guttural scream when her pussy squeezed my cock. That carried me over the edge and I shot jet after jet of hot semen into the depths of her blazing hot vagina. I shuddered as my balls tried to find even more to shoot.

Pam screamed again and I could hear her ejaculated fluid hit the metal hood and could feel it running down my bare legs and dripping on the floor at my feet. She collapsed onto the car once again and continued moaning as small spasms caused her body to twitch. Our bodies took several moments to recover but my mind was numb from all the sensations. Pam slowly pushed herself off the car, turned into me and placed her head on my chest. She continued to breath deeply and then apologized for spraying the front of the car.

"Sweetheart, all you did was christen her. Now you have to name her."

She continued to struggle for air.

"Did, uh uh did Lydia have a, uh a name for her?"

"No, I don't think she did." Pam continued trying to recover and finally could breathe normally.

"Then I think I'm going to call her 'Angel.' That will remind me how we met and the eternal love that Lydia had for you."

"I think Angel is a perfect name. It will also remind you how she can deliver a message. Just remember your promise to keep her and your ego under control when you and Angel are out cruising."

"Tom, I already promised you. I know you're worried but please trust me. I will not let you down."

"OK. I'm satisfied. Not another word about it. Now let's get the rest of your stuff unpacked."