A Miracle at the Cabin Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe, but I don't think so. The voice never gave me her name or anything about her other than her age and sex."

"That age matches up to Niki Lee."

"I know. That was my first thought. Who else looks so much like me and to some degree, Jerri? There is a good chance it's her."

"Did any of the information on-line about Nikki indicate she was adopted?"

"No, but I don't think that kind of personal information would ever be publicized."

"Do you want to ask you mom about this? Maybe your dream was not a real message."

"You mean that my brain somehow made it up?"

"Yes. I know I dream about extraordinary things that are not real. Maybe something I saw on TV or read about caused my brain to make up a dream. Before you totally believe the dream is a real message, it should be confirmed by your mom."

"Just like when you confirmed what Lydia told me about you two having sex on Angel."

"And like you confirmed with the heat pump switch, the dream of your dad telling you to flee Charlotte and my dreaming your name was Pam before you told me."

"Also, when Lydia dreamed that you and I would meet for the first time in the cabin on your birthday."

"Absolutely. All of those dreams were real messages because they really did happen."

"Tom, how can I approach mom with such a sensitive and personal question? I don't want to embarrass her or risk hurting her. I've hurt her too much already."

"I don't know Pam. Maybe sometime this weekend an opportunity will arise. But if not, what difference does it really make? So what if you have another sister and she is Nikki Lee. Does it change anything?"

"I suppose it doesn't but I would still like to know. Wouldn't you like to know if you had another brother or sister?"

"I suppose."

"Let me think about it. I really want to know but knowing may be worse that not knowing"

"Let's get some breakfast and go for our jog. OK?"

After our bowls of cereal, we ran two laps or four miles through our neighborhood and the two others adjacent to ours. It was another beautiful morning and the sunrise was spectacular.

We compared plans for the day. Pam was going shopping for food we would need over the weekend and then to Wendy's house for lunch. Her mom and Rudy would arrive around 6:00pm and we planned to grill steaks on the patio. Pam asked if she could get her nails done at a shop Donna recommended.

"Pam, please don't feel you have to ask my permission to do things like that. Just do it, sweetheart."

"But I'm spending your money and I want you to be OK with that."

"Pam, it's not my money. It's our money. Listen, we are in this together. I'm not ever going to criticize you for spending money sweetheart. I have added you to my VISA credit card account and you will have your own card in the next few days. I also brought home the forms for you to open a checking account. My plan is to move money into your account to give you a ready source of funds for anything you want."

"I had no idea."

"It's just not come up yet but I've been intending to tell you."

"Tom, are you-I mean we-rich?"

"Pam, thanks to a large inheritance from my grandfather and our business, we are comfortable and I don't think you should worry about that."

"What did your grandfather do?"

"Well, the money mostly came from his father. During the collapse of the stock market in 1929, he bought stocks after they collapsed. He wisely figured that many major companies would survive and thrive after the depression eased. He bought railroad stocks, GE, General Motors and DuPont. And when WWII broke out and the major expansion in the late 40's, he was suddenly very rich as those stock prices boomed."

"He was very intelligent."

"Yes and he was patient. He made a plan and stuck with it over many years. My grandfather was his only heir and he was also very wise at investing. He bought land with his dad along the new TVA lakes when they first came on the market in the late 30's and early 40's. At that time, not many people wanted a lake front lot since they were more focused on putting food on the table and fighting a war."

"Thanks for telling me all of this. I knew from the house and Angel that you must have a lot of money, or at least that you had spent a lot of money." I smiled.

Just then, the phone rang. It was dad.

"Hey dad, what's the story?"

"I talked to the bank and they put me in touch with the officer handling the foreclosures. I offered them the $900,000 we discussed but they wanted more. I asked them to discuss it with their management and come back with their bottom line. They asked if I wanted to finance it or pay cash. I told them cash. They came back to me a few minutes ago and offered it at $950,000 and I agreed."

"Great, I'll transfer $475,000 to your account today." Pam's mouth flew open.

"Good. They want to close on it within a month but I asked for a survey and title insurance and a hazardous materials clean bill of health. That will probably slow down the closing. Years ago, there used to be a skeet club up near that location. I just want to be sure there's no lead contamination. I'll contact our lawyer and get her working with the bank right away. We want everything to be clean-no surprises later."

"Absolutely. We can talk about it some more when you're over tomorrow. Oh, by the way, Pam's mother and her new fiancé are coming this evening and will be here for the weekend."

"That's wonderful. I'll throw another potato in the pot."

"You're going to be here around 10:00 tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we'll shoot for that. Tell Pamela that I want one of her famous biscuits when we get there."

"You know, those would be good. Pam found a jar of the lavender honey in our cabinet the other day. Did you give Lydia a jar?

"Sure did. She wanted it as a surprise for you. Guess it didn't work out that way."

"Well, it was a surprise. Talk to you later. Love you, dad."

"Love you too son."

As soon as I hung up, Pam wanted to know everything.

"What are you and your dad spending so much money on?"

"Sweetheart, we have just purchased five acres of prime land about a mile from here. It overlooks the city and we're thinking about building the finest restaurant this area has ever seen. We are shooting for the very best both in food and atmosphere."

"Wow. Do you think this area can support it?"

"Yes, in addition to the public restaurant, we'll have private banquet rooms and will be able to accommodate weddings, business meetings and all kinds of special events. As dad says, we will make this a destination that people will drive to, even from Atlanta. We might even put in a few guest rooms for a bed and breakfast option like the big Michelin rated restaurants in Europe do."

"That sounds exciting. So are our kids going to see it or our grandkids?"

"What are you talking about? We'll do it in three or four years max. By then, the economy should be picking up and people will be ready to go back to fine dining."

"I thought your dad was slowing down and taking it easier."

"He did for a few years. Now he has that itch to get back to work."

"What about your mom and her desire to travel?"

"Guess you'll just have to go with her."

"You really mean that?"

"If you'd like to. But she has a lot of other girlfriends; some of them are widows, who would be glad to go with her as well. Oh, by the way, dad says he wants one of your famous biscuits when they get here tomorrow morning."

"Oh jeez Tom, did you tell him about my biscuits?"

"Honey, I tell everybody about those biscuits. Already the guys at the restaurants are begging me to bring in a batch." She smiled and just shook her head.

At 9:00 I headed to the office and Pam went grocery shopping. Wednesday's before Thanksgiving are always fun. Cheryl had brought in cinnamon rolls and Ron had brought in a cheese ball and crackers. Another lady, Randi, had brought in sausage balls. The seven of us working there gorged ourselves as we sat around in the conference room and talked. No one really wanted to work and I understood that.

I asked the others what they planned for the holiday and most were just staying in the area and either going to someone's house for dinner or inviting others to their house. Our newest employee Jamie, a young accountant, said she was driving to Atlanta to be with her boyfriend's parents. That was the first we had heard of a boyfriend so that set off a round of good-natured joking and pseudo-advice about how to conduct a relationship. She took it well.

Around 10:30, I told everyone that they could leave at noon for the weekend. They were thrilled especially since I'd not done that for several years. Everyone came by to wish me a wonderful holiday before they left.

Ron came into my office before he left and closed the door. "Hey boss, can I talk with you a minute?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"It's about Pam."

"Wait, don't tell me. You saw her in Playboy I'll bet."

"Oh, so you already know."

"What I know is that it's not her. The model is Nikki Lee who is several years older than Pam. But they do look alike."

"Whew! I'm sorry I brought it up."

"So, what are you doing reading Playboy?"

"I just read the articles, I don't look at the pictures, at least not too much." He grinned.

"Get out of here, have a great weekend."

"You too, Tom. I appreciate the time off and everyone is ecstatic about being off this afternoon. That was a great move on your part."

I hung around until 1:00 and then drove over to Bistro for a late lunch. Tim was there and he joined me at the table.

"I did find a reliable supplier for rabbit and he's going to drop off a half-case next week. That will be six, I think. I want to work up a few different dishes and have you come over and tell me what you think."

"Is that one of the meats you might use for the contest?"

"Yes, according to how it turns out. I've never worked with rabbit before so we'll see."

We then talked about which menu items were selling and which ones were not. We decided to change out the catfish for sea bass and the veal chop for a filet mignon. Tim was not happy with the current pastry chef's skills and we decided that he should talk with Ron on Monday and start a search for another experienced person.

I then asked, "Is everything set for the turkeys and hams tomorrow?"

"It's under control boss. We had a lot of volunteers this year. And, you're not going to believe this; Gino had his delivery guy drop off three huge turkeys for us to roast. Sylvia wrote a note saying that they wanted to help with the effort."

"He and Sylvia are just good people. I'll have to go by and thank them. OK, Tim, I'll check in with you tomorrow morning."

By 3:00 I was at the house. The cleaning ladies were still hard at work and they had a boom box on and booming. They obviously wanted to hear the music from any part of the house. I found them back in the bedrooms and told them I was there. They asked if I wanted them to turn down the music and I said no. I went down to my office in the basement where it was fairly quiet.

After checking e-mails and looking through the latest financial statements, I transferred $475,000 into my father's account. As usual, when I moved a large amount like that, the bank security department called me to confirm the transfer. This time, it only took them ten minutes to call. Normally, it's the next day. Must be a slow afternoon at their office.

About 4:00, I heard the music cut off and one of the ladies came down to tell me they were finished. I thanked them and gave them each an extra $20. These two ladies worked very hard and I'm sure their agency wasn't paying what they're worth.

A few minutes after they left, I heard the garage door open and the unmistakable sound of Angel's engine come in and turn off. As soon as the entry door opened and I saw Pam, I could tell she had a wonderful time at Wendy's house.

"Tom, you have the best friends in the world. There were seven ladies from the church there and we had a marvelous time. Two of them were about my age and the others were your age. Only five of them had known Lydia but all knew and thought the world of you."

She walked over and put her pasta container down and we kissed. "I love your nails, sweetheart. The color is perfect for you."

"I really like the young lady who did them. Donna was right, it's really a nice place and everyone was so friendly."

"Did Wendy tell you that her husband was killed in Iraq?"

"Yes, she did. I really hated to hear that. But she also said she has been dating a guy named Brady something for a couple of months and it's going really well."

"That's good, I hadn't heard that. What would you think about inviting a number of the church couples over for a Christmas party? I'd also like to invite Ron and his wife and Cheryl and her husband. And of course, a lot of other friends and neighbors."

"I'd love to do that. As you know, I've never had experience entertaining like that but will do my best. How many are you thinking about?"

"Our last party before Lydia got sick was for about 100."

"Whoa baby! That's a big party."

I suggested, "We could have the restaurant cater it for us. In fact, I think that would be the best way to go so you can spend all your time with the guests."

"Will they do the dishes, the setups and man the bar?"

"Absolutely. It's as close to a worry free experience that we could get."

"Then I'm all for it. Let's pick a date and I'll get the invitations out next week."

"Let me check a couple of dates with the Bistro and see which one is the best for them."

"Mom and Rudy are going to be here in about 45 minutes. Can we take a shower and get ready? We don't have much time so no hanky panky. OK?"

"What? Me? You're the source of most of the hanky panky around here."

All she did was give me one of her devious grins and motioned for me to follow her into the bedroom. There, she shimmied off her pants and bikini panties and slowly rolled down her lace top thigh high stockings. I stood mesmerized by her sexy figure and the dangling breasts that dropped a full six inches below her when she bent over.

While I undressed, she turned on the water in our double shower and pulled two sets of towels and washcloths out of the linen closet. The first couple of minutes in the shower, we just soaked, hugged and kissed. Her body was like a temple dedicated to sex and I was worshipping.

"Was that the doorbell?" she asked.

"The doorbell? Oh no, let me check."

I stepped out of the shower, grabbed a towel and quickly dried as much as I could while walking to the security monitor. I turned on the front door camera and there stood Ruth and Rudy!

"OH NO! Your mom and Rudy are here already!"

"OH CRAP! Can you get clothes on and let them in?"

I walked back to the monitor and pushed the intercom button. "Hey Ruth and Rudy, give me a minute. We were just getting ready."

"OK, I'm sorry we're so early." Ruth said.

"No problem at all. I'll be there is just a minute."

I turned and headed for trousers and a shirt while still trying to dry my back and legs. At least my erection had gone down.

I opened the door with the most pleasant smile I could manage.

"It's great to see you two! We were expecting it'd take you much longer to get here."

Rudy responded, "We left a little early thinking that traffic around Atlanta would be much worse than normal because of the holiday. But it was all smooth sailing."

"Well, come on in. I'm so glad you could come over and spend the weekend with us. Pam is still in the shower so it might be a while before she's ready to be seen. You know how women are."

Ruth exclaimed, "Tom, I just love your house. It's beautiful!"

"Thank you very much. Let me show you this main part and get you something to drink before I head back to dress." I led them to the library.

"This is our favorite room. We call it the library but, as you can see, it's really the sitting room where we normally just sit and talk, sip our drinks and gaze out the window."

Rudy commented, "This is amazing. But with what looks like thousands of books along the walls, it's the library also."

Ruth added, "And what a great room for entertaining. I love the way you arranged the three sofas and the arm chairs."

"Lydia and I loved to entertain our friends so this room along with the kitchen and family room was where everyone congregated." We then walked to the kitchen and they both just stood there with their mouths open.

Ruth exclaimed, "This is the largest kitchen I have ever seen in a home."

"Lydia loved to cook and often had many friends over to cook. It was kinda like a quilting party was in the old days except they all cooked while they gossiped."

Ruth replied, "Now women don't gossip. They just exchange the latest news about the people they don't really like." Rudy and I laughed while Ruth grinned. I could see where Pam got that adorable grin she often used on me.

"Let me get you something to drink. I walked to the fridge and opened the door. We have beer, all kinds of diet soft drinks and orange juice."

Ruth replied, "I'll have just a glass of water with a little ice. Rudy always likes a beer about this time of day, right honey."

Rudy replied, "Yes, I see you have Bud Light. That'll do just fine."

I pulled one out and poured it in a beer glass before filling Ruth's water glass. We returned to the library and I excused myself to dress.

About 20 minutes later, Pam was ready and walked out to greet them while I finished showering and dressing.

When I walked down the hall toward the library, I could hear the laughter and pleasant chatter.

"Hey sweetheart," Pam said as I entered. "We were just talking about Jerri and David. They're at the resort all this week and she's already called mom twice to tell her how much fun their having."

Ruth commented, "Pam, she said to tell you that Tom's technique is driving her crazy, whatever that means." Pam turned red and glanced over at me with that devious grin.

I quickly changed the subject, "We were thinking about grilling steaks for dinner. Does that sound good?"

Rudy reacted, "That sounds great! But I insist on helping you. I also love to grill."

"Super, we'll sit and drink beer and watch the charcoal do its magic."

Ruth then told Pam, "Sweet, we don't want to be a bother this weekend so please let us help. I don't like to be just a guest."

Pam reacted, "OK, we'll put you to work. You can help me in the kitchen tonight and for sure tomorrow morning. I'm responsible for the turkey and dessert. Since I've never roasted a whole turkey, I'll want your help on that."

"Ruth, my parents are coming over around 10:00 tomorrow and I'm really excited for you to meet them."

"I believe you told me he was a chef."

"Yes, still is. He just took a few years off. He's got a big new project in mind so he's coming out of retirement."

Pam added, "Now listen to this mom. He's 70 years old and wants to start a new ultra-fine dining restaurant fully equivalent to any of the Michelin starred restaurants in Europe. I just hope I can still walk when I'm 70."

Rudy responded, "I think hard work keeps you young. There's nothing worse than retiring and then sitting down waiting to die."

I said, "Exactly right. He could live another 20 years because he's in excellent health. I don't think he takes any medication because he doesn't need it."

Pam then asked if she could give them a tour of the house.

"Sure. I'll walk around with you."

Pam described how we often sat in the library and sipped wine, talked or read. She showed them a copy of Lydia's book and described it for them. Then she took them to the kitchen and talked about the appliances and why the island was so long. Finally to the dining room and the table that seated 14 people-which had been custom made. Next it was to the bedrooms and she told them about her office that I was planning to set up. She stopped in our bedroom and showed them a picture of Lydia.