A Miracle at the Cabin Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then Pam led the way downstairs to the theater room, my office and finally, the wine cellar. Both Ruth and Rudy said they would love to watch some movies this weekend.

We went back upstairs and Pam opened the door into the garage.

"Rudy, I know you're a car guy. Tom is letting me drive Lydia's car and I want you to see it." We walked around mine and the Jeep and then Rudy stopped and just stood there.

"Is that a McLaren?"

Pam responded, "Yes, isn't she gorgeous? I've named her Angel."

"Well, I'll be damned. I've never seen one, only heard about it. Tom let's you drive it?"

"Yes, I go everywhere in it. You want to go for a ride?"

Rudy looked at me, I guess for approval; so I just nodded and said go ahead. Pam backed it out and around his BMW. He walked around Angel a couple of times before raising the door and sliding in beside her. They took off.

Ruth and I went back inside. I refilled her water glass and grabbed a Stella for me. We sat in the library and talked.

"Ruth, I have fallen madly in love with your daughter. I suppose you saw that coming."

"Yes, I did. She's obviously very happy and she's told me that she loves you dearly."

"I would like to propose marriage to her sometime during the next three months with the objective of a fall wedding. Do you have any objections to that?"

"No, of course not. I asked you to be sure and not rush into something you might regret later. I don't see any reason to think you two wouldn't be perfect for each other. In another three months, I'm sure the both of you will know for a fact that you're ready for that big commitment."

"Thank you. Your support means the world to me and to Pam. Have you and Rudy made any definite plans yet?"

"We're thinking about a small wedding at the church with just our immediate family and our church friends. The ladies of the church will do our reception so it will be a no-frills kind of ceremony. It will probably be in February or March. That's one thing I want to talk about this weekend."

"That's great. Jerri and Pam are on cloud nine and really want to help with the wedding. They are so proud of you and think Rudy is perfect for you."

"I want them to be my bridesmaids and Rudy is going to ask you to stand with him, along with his brother." I smiled and assured her I would be honored.

"Tom, can I share something very personal with you?"

"Sure, what is it?"

Tears came to her eyes and she struggled with the words and her emotions. I moved over to sit beside her.

"Richard and I had a baby before we were married and I gave her up for adoption." She started crying and I put my arm around her. "Tom, I was so young and neither of us worked or could support a child. My father tried to talk me into an abortion but I refused. He and my mother got into terrible fights over it. She supported me and insisted they support whatever decision I made. Dad was more concerned about our family reputation, I think. Richard wanted to keep the baby and somehow make it work but I was more concerned about the baby having a good home and a real chance in life."

"Ruth, that is certainly understandable."

"Neither of the girls knows anything about this. Richard and I kept it from them out of fear of what they might think about us. We were so ashamed of what we did. I swore I would never allow our girls to be in that position so I started them on birth control when they were very young."

"Are you planning to tell them?"

"Yes, I think it's time but I wanted to get your opinion first. Both Pam and Jerri say you give the best advice of anyone they've ever met. Now I need some. How do I approach them with this and what will they think about me?"

"When did you decide to tell me?"

"A couple of days ago. For the first time in a very long time, I dreamed about Richard and the baby. I woke up crying and thinking about that innocent baby girl I gave away. I dreamed that I told Jerri and Pam but now I'm scared to actually do it. So I wanted to talk to you first. I don't want them to hate me."

I didn't dare tell her about Pam's dream last night.

"Ruth, I will tell you what I told Jerri and Pam when they asked for advice. Just be totally honest with them. Do it face to face and just explain your decision and how you and Richard had the courage to do what was best for the baby. They will understand and love you even more for telling them. Have you told Rudy?"

"Yes, last night. He understood completely and said he fully supported me telling the girls."

"Just so I know. If the opportunity ever came for you to meet your daughter, who is now 27 or 28, would you like to do that?"

"Oh yes, yes. I would love to know what happened to her and if there's any way I can be part of her life going forward. That has been such a burden on my heart for all these years. Not knowing anything about her was the worst part."

"Do you plan on telling Pam this weekend?"

"Yes, probably tonight while you and Rudy are grilling the steaks."

"I think that's wonderful. Pam will understand."

Just then we heard Angel make her appearance and the garage door open.

The end of Chapter 10. Stay tuned for the next chapter coming shortly. There are just three more chapters till the dramatic ending.