A New Broom Sweeps Clean

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Andrew went back to Rigby and told Jeremy the unexpected news as they lay together in bed. The question which he posed himself was: "What should I do?"

Jeremy said: "Well, Andrew, if I were you I would think very seriously about accepting the offer. Just think, you would be a full professor with tenure and a college fellowship and you would be free to pursue your researches into Greek and Roman culture and life, which I know you still adore."

"That's all very true, but like you, I actually enjoy my work as a school teacher and these two years, pulling the school out of the mire into which it had slipped has given me great satisfaction, but I have to admit, the thought of a full professorship at Oxford is a very enticing offer. But you know, Jeremy, there is another thing which not only I but you too need to consider. Let's face facts and call a spade a spade, my friend. Since we met by chance at the O&C club, not so very long ago, we have become ever closer, so much so that we are, I think, near to being a couple. Just look at the air of us now; we are in bed together discussing this as if we were a married couple. I don't think, now that you and I have become so close, I could face moving to Oxford and losing my daily life with you around. I know we have never actually spoken of it; we have just had sex together, but for me the sex act has turned into an act of love and I don't think I would like to part from you and I fervently hope that you might feel the same about me."

"Oh, fuck, Andrew! Take the professorship and I'll come and live in Oxford, as I don't want to lose you either."

"But if we do that, what are you going to do? You're like me; you've grown to like your post teaching French here; what will you do without a job in Oxford, if I accept the professorship."

"Look, Andrew, neither you nor I need to money; we're both of independent means: gentlemen of leisure. In Oxford, you would be doing something you really enjoy and, as for me, something will turn up to occupy my mind. Before I met you I again, I had drifted into supply teaching, purely to allay the boredom of doing nothing and then I found I really enjoyed teaching French, albeit as a supply teacher in several different schools for relatively short periods, so something will turn up to keep me out of trouble. So, Andrew, just take the job; it's the opportunity of a lifetime for you; a chance not to be missed. I'll be all right; believe me."

"So, if I accept the offer, and we both move to Oxford together, where are we going to live? I shall have a set of rooms in college, which does not mean that I have to live there. So, shall we buy or rent a house together? Remember also, Jeremy, that the law does not look kindly on the likes of us so we need to be very discrete or we could both end up in gaol, saddled as we are with this benighted legislation about homosexual relationships."

"We're not going to change the law, Andrew, and the law is not going to change you or me. There are thousands of men like you and me who live together, so to hell with the law. We are already breaking it; thousands of others do the same, including many of our revered legislators. Frankly, does it matter wheter we break the law here at rugby or in Oxford; so, law be damned; let's do it."

"And that is exactly what they did. The truly hard part was to inform the Board of Governors that they were both resigning their positions. Whether the Board realised that the two resignations were connected we shall never know; probably they did, but the whole subject of homosexual behaviour was so taboo at that time in the early twenties, that nothing was said about it. The Colonel expressed his deep regret that Dr. Waterlow was leaving their employ so soon, but congratulated him, as did the entire board, on his professorship.

"Just imagine," said the Colonel, "They came looking for you and poached you away from us; my goodness, what an honour; a full professor and barely thirty years old. We shall miss you, sir, as in two brief years you have worked wonders for the School and, frankly, you will be a hard act to follow. Luckily, your successor, whoever that might be, will at least be taking over a school on the up and up and not sinking ever further into irrelevance and that sir, we have to thank you for."

So the break with Rigby was made agreeably. Andrew and Jeremy moved to Oxford and did buy a house where they lived together. Fate intervened when a local preparatory school in the neighbourhood advertised for a French teacher and was delighted to find Jeremy, an old Etonian and an Oxford graduate to boot, on it doorstep. And so, both Andrew and Jeremy were settled in jobs which they each regarded as their vocations and lived the Oxford life to the full. Devoted as they were to each other, they both enjoyed adventures with other young men, usually together as Andrew's position led him into regular contact with highly attractive young men, many of whom were only too willing to indulge their sexual desires with the professor and the school teacher. Life was very agreeable for Andrew Waterlow and Jeremy Foster.

THE END

1...5678910