A Philophobic Affair Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's actually a good thing you called..." She went a little quiet, I took it as my cue to reply.

"Yeah, I needed to clear up what happened earlier-"

"David.... Don't worry about earlier okay?... I um... I need to tell you something," She tried to get my attention. Once she said it, I felt a little better knowing I didn't have to come up with some kind of excuse that would explain my behavior from earlier, but she still sounded nervous.

"Okay... What do you need to tell me?" I asked.

I heard her take a deep breath as she slowly tried to bring up enough courage to say what she wanted.

"You're the most important important person in the world to me... and I love you," She admitted. I smiled, becoming more relaxed.

"I love you too kiddo. I'm glad we feel the same way... I can't jeopardize our friendship you know?" I asked. Relieve flooded through me as she went a little more quiet. It wasn't until a few moments later that I realized she was a little too quiet.

"Ab?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She managed to reply.

"That was what you meant right?" I asked.

She remained quiet for a while longer, before I heard her taking another deep breath.

"Yeah um... I'll see you later," She replied.

"You're busy?" I asked.

"Yeah... I'm going out with my roommate," She explained.

I thought for a little bit, wondering if she was okay... She sounded a little off.

"Okay... have fun! Do you want to meet up at the cafe tomorrow?" I asked.

She seemed to be taking more time to answer than usual.

"Yeah, sure... I'll meet you there after lunch?" She asked.

"Sure!" I was a lot happier, but was still wondering why she sounded so off.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now, Cyn's waiting for me in her car now.... I'll see you tomorrow after lunch," She added before hanging up.

Despite my attempt to not think about it, I was... I didn't want to. More than anything, I just wanted to leave good enough alone, I'd had a hard enough day without needing to think about my relationship with the only person who I could count on in my life.

My muscles finally seemed to release tension, and I got into my blankets, ready to go to bed early to avoid my step mother, and my father. I was relaxed enough to sleep....

And then the truth of why Abby was so quiet finally hit me.

"You fucking idiot!" I shouted at myself.

I held my head, unsure of what to do. With more pressure than necessary I pushed my hands into my head, trying to push the truth out of my head. I even tried to find ways of telling myself that she really did just mean she loved me as a friend.... But most likely for the first time in my life; I knew what a person was thinking... and it terrified me to my very core to think that she loved me... I couldn't figure out what it was that scared me so much...

For a moment, I couldn't do anything but try to breathe as I stared up at my roof.

Just as I was thinking of ways to deal with what I had just figured out... I knew the best thing for our friendship would be to go on as we always have... It was selfish of me to do... but I was convinced that I needed to ignore the truth of how she felt... I felt like it was the best thing for both of us.

To be continued...