All Comments on 'A Proper Scottish Wife Ch. 02'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
instirlingukinstirlingukover 7 years ago

Love the story.

One small point though. We don't say ass in Scotland. It is called an arse. We shag arses not asses. 😉

imatrojanmanimatrojanmanover 7 years ago
Nope!!

I enjoyed the first part, but you lost me on this one. Not my thing!! I wish you well with further chapters, but I won't be with you on them.

Thors_FistThors_Fistover 7 years agoAuthor
Not Scottish

Appreciate the comment regarding use of word arse. Unfortunately, I'm not Scottish so I may not be using all the proper words for the region. I wanted to suggest a flavor for Scotland to enhance the story, but not necessarily make it Scottish as that may be unreadable for more people. I even thought of just writing it in standard American English as that is what I'm most familiar with. But I liked the little taste of the area. I don't know how many times I've had to go back and fix a no or not or can't or don't because it wasn't natural. As this story is taking place in the 1700's, I'm also trying to avoid the use of words that I doubt existed at the time, such as pussy, and also words that aren't in frequent modern use, such as cunny, and stick with the old standby's such as cunt and sex and sheath, which were likely in use then and still in use now. Thanks to all for your comments.

CalypsoInPhillyCalypsoInPhillyover 7 years ago
WAY too close to Outlander TV show

I thought I was reading an x-rated version of Claire and Jamie's story (also set in the Highlands, same century). She is told to stay close to the castle, she disobeys because she doesn't understand the need for safety, she is captured and almost raped, he and his men have to rescue her and put themselves at risk in the process, she is punished by getting a sound spanking from her husband. The only difference here was the addition of the brothers, and the reverse virginity (Jamie was a virgin when he married Claire in Outlander). Seriously - Ah canna say't wi' more clarity than this: y'need t' be a wee bit more original, else ye may find yerself gettin' called a sleekit plagiarizer, y' ken?

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakabout 7 years ago
Tara_Neale

This reminds me of a story by Tara_Neale called Ægir’s Captive (part 2 called Ægir’s Bride, part 3 called Ægir’s Wife) where it is 3 brother all with the same mother but different fathers. The youngest one, Bjorn, is also the one with the wife that shares her with his 2 older brothers Sven and Mikael. Hoping this one is as good as that one. 5 stars from me. ;-)

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 7 years ago
early

the next morning Ailene arose her body in agony she went about her daily routine. Many of the villages stop to ask if she was Ok, worried for her seeing the rope burns on wrists and ankles. Tears streamed down her cheeks uncontrollable and the pain addled her thinking. The more that saw her the faster the gossip spread and the sniggering got louder. Her shame grew and she looked for some where to hid, confused and depressed she ran from the village ignoring the pain seeking a quite place. Pain affects people differently some revel in it others it destroys. Ailene found her peace moments after plunging off a bluff, head first onto the rocks below. TK

AlphaBeatHerAlphaBeatHerover 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

Very good thanks.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
Getting Interesting.

Looking forward to seeing where this tale goes.

KlitomaticKlitomaticover 5 years ago
Something Obvious

Maybe ,,,,,, Sounds a little like a TV show, but hey, make it your own. There are lots of possibilities here. Not a fan of beatings, tho good ol medieval, bloody battle scenes are ok. Go figure. Anyway, go for it my friend, take your time and use that imagination...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A most excellent story.

Totally enjoyable read as it is so well written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous