All Comments on 'A Rolling Chair Gathers No Moss'

by risgrynsfisk

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 8 years ago
Nice job!

Due to a MASSIVE stroke that I experienced in 2008, I am what is known in medical terms as a "Left-side Hemiplegic", meaning that I am essentially paralyzed in the entire left half of my body. As a result, I have lived my life in a (motorized) wheelchair ever since. So I can identify with the character of Nils in your story quite a bit.

Thanks for crafting a compassionate (though not overly-so) portrayal of a disabled character. I would imagine that it was largely your experience with your brother that allowed you to write a character who was Disabled and yet was much more than just that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm a Fan.

Your stories are well written and have variety. Nice job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wtf?

Great buildup, but then you skimmed over the actual sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Psychonurse

Well my friend, you caught my interest and emotions and even had me crying in the end. Looking forvard to reading the others.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Disappointing...

I find it sad that people still think that paralysis automatically means the inability to achieve erections. Do your research before spreading falsehoods.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 6 years ago

Pretty much a downer, I think the nonconsent stuff overshadowed everything else. The first paragraphs set a disturbing tone, it sabotaged anything romantic, I felt both sad for Lisa and annoyed by her in turn, for not having the strength to say no, apparently it gave her a reputation, compounding her problems.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous