All Comments on 'A Second Chance'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 246 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Think they'll have to elope

There is just something soooo wimpy and publicly humiliating about having your fiance's boyfriend kick your ass in public and with her apparent tacit approval (remember: she told YOU to leave in front of everyone). Seems like that would ordinarily put a period on the end of any man's relationship with such a girl. But won't it be great to see all of her friends again at your wedding, and Carl too. I'm sure as a condition of second chance YOU'LL have to apoligize to Carl to show her how civilized (read castrated and eating shit) you are. Maybe HE'LL even be made best man for you. Then they can all throw shit at you and laugh at you at the reception. Then everyone can all laugh (at you) cause your wonderful woman flirted and made out with her coworkers in front of you, broke you up, got your ass kicked by one of them and IT WAS ALWAYS YOUR FAULT. LOL. Can someone answer the obvious question left hanging here: Just how do you have a wedding and reception with a group of people that participated in your public humiliation and beating as a result of your fiance's indecretions and publicly making an asshole out of herself and you??

BriteaseBriteaseabout 14 years ago
Nice little story

Life really is like this sometimes!

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Well written as always,

but I wouldn't have gotten back with her. She has shown that she will always put going out with her friends ahead of spending time with you. Even if for some reason getting togather with her is the right thing to do, I'd sure be hesitant to rush the wedding, especially with your new job that requires so much travel. She'll be in Carl's bed before you know it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
MY THOUGHTS

BULL SHIT, DROP THE BROAD, MOVE ON UNLESS YOU ARE A WIMP. I KEEP READING THESE STORIES ABOUT GUYS THAT PUT UP WITH ALL THIS CRAP. YA, THIS GUY IS REALLY AN AX MAN. MAYBE HE SHOULD CONSIDER BEING HER PIMP. HE WAS ENGAGED BUT SHE WAS NOT, ENGAGED PEOPLE DO NOT FOOL AROUND WITH OTHERS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Why, oh Why?

DID THEY EVER GET AROUND TO SHOOTING THE INVENTOR OF THE CAPS LOCK KEY? Cause it really needs to be done. If he or she is already dead, then dig up the body and desecrate it.

Now then, decent story. Not sure why he had to go on the defensive with her. Whats good for the goose and all that. Plus, she started it if you want to be petty about it. Not sure I'd be too inclined to believe that "just a co-worker" would get that violent and protective of her that fast if there wasn't something going on that he felt he needed to prove to all the rest of her friends and the hero of the piece. One would assume that they all knew she was getting married, and might be inclined to, if not get out of the way, at least let them talk with minimal interference. As funny as watching big guys wander around pissing on their women and presumed women to mark their territory, I'd really hate being the guy he decided to piss on. All machismo aside, some things are just not doable (i.e. a sales guy vs big dumb guy) and some women are truly just not worth it. Her daddy sure thought it was funny when she got our intrepid hero to come sniffing back around prior to his visit to the sucker punch bowl for refreshments. Sometimes a person needs to learn how to cut their losses. Walking away from a situation doesn't automatically equal losing, it might be breaking even or even a small victory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Can't get to page three!

Am I the only one that cannot access many of the stories on Lit today? I read the first two pages of this story, but the third will not download. I cannot comment as I have no idea what the hell happened!

energystarenergystarabout 14 years ago
well done - another fine story.

It does describe well how relationships can go bad and get worse for couples at that age. The parting and independence trying to coexist with marriage or serious relationships. Reminds a lot of what I saw in my 20's. Also that guy throwing the punch in a bar is very realistic. At that age and alcohol this does not mean he had a relationship. It does not even mean he knows her (in this case he did). Maybe he thought he gave him leverage if he did like her, but I have seen guys, even some friends of mine just pull that shit because the could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Page 3 won't load

HTTP500 Server Error on page three

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Page 3 won't load

So I can't comment. But I was enjoying it up to the end of Page 2.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Good story up to page 2

But couldn't read the rest. I just get an error message.

magmamanmagmamanabout 14 years ago
No page three?

Error messages on the vast majority of the stories now, plus I went to open one of mine I was working on, got the error message, now that one is deleted? Some kind of programming error, I guess? I will check back later, this one is actually pretty good.

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I do think

I would have a one on one talk with Carl, but thats just me.

TalenhawkTalenhawkabout 14 years ago
OK

Good right up till the end. I don't mind that they are back together, but the ending completely leaves everything hanging. He has a new job that travels, she is still going out after work, he is still going to have issues with the guys she works with. Just to much left hanging and undiscussed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good Story, But

As usual, your writing is good and your plots creative. But here I think you ended it too quickly. After all they went through, and with her removing her ring, it just does not seem believable that they would reconcile and hop in the sack that quickly. I think they would each have to clear the boards of what they had been doing while apart, and making sure they were the same people as before the split, before deciding on marriage.

ZamphyrZamphyrabout 14 years ago
Cordial

not corgel.

I think I'd file this in the non-erotic category.

Keep writing.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
As Usual

well written with an engaging plot and characters. I agree with the comment that I would have a chat with Carl or his buddy, whoever sucker punched me. I think in real life these two are headed for trouble. But it's just a story, or is it? Good job and thanks for your hard work. Looking forward to your next posting.

angiquesophieangiquesophieabout 14 years ago
ah well...

you see...we poor mortals mess up our lives with gusto and i guess this story succeeds in showing we do. but that doesn't mean it automatically makes it a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
End of this story ........ or the beginning of a new story

Boy, It was hard to keep up with Sandy and her parties in the local clubs with her workmates. If they stay together, he is likely to be in for more of the same. You need to continue the story but change their lives and, specifically, there interactions and values. As Sandy now is, I see nothing but trouble for him. RAG

GaryAPBGaryAPBabout 14 years ago
At last. I can read it.

A great story, very readable and with a fair ending.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Okay I got to finish it this time.

Well slirpuff, interesting story of two very flawed people. But still a good read though. Keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
two very good stories

I say two because in the first story he finds her making out on the dance floor and moves on, no hassles, no issues. In the second story, this asshole treats her like property and learns that she is a person with thoughts and feelings and hopefully she treats him with the same respect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
They deserve each other

Between the arrogant "axman" and socialite Sandy it's hard to beieve the two of them will ever make it together. You write extremely well but your two leading characters are irritating as hell, so that it is hard to cheer for either one .

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
refreshing

It seems I know several people like this that have rules but they apply to just one side. This was a very nice story and hopefully they will make it as long as they make the effort and communicate. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Well done...

Finally one with a ring of truth to it. Good job! BTW - it's spelled "cordial"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Please

Check and re check some of your spelling.I like your stories and always look out for them,But some spelling errors are distracting.I particularly liked it when he arranged to pick her up for dinner at 6.30 and then continues with "I told her fully hopping that we'd finish up at my place". I burst out laughing and it completely altered the tone of the story for me.

lancewmlancewmabout 14 years ago
Good story with good writing

It was a nice read but not exceptional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yep

the story reminds me of friends of mine. the suspecions stopped after they got married, though.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Entertaining Story

This marraige seems fated to end in divorce. As usual the problem is communication and egoism. I really do not understand the need to go out with the people you work with. It seems like a guarantee of negative relations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
H u m m m . . . .

I recall my own young age and fems doin this kinda thing to their guy, engaged or not. It's just what young fems DO yano? If back when I found myself in a similar situation as this guy did, his fiance doin her thing with another man I would no longer have anything to do with her, especially if I knew she was a 'party girl'. [I would want my ring back even knowing I could not turn it back in, likely I'd be stuck with the payments anyway - it's the principle of it]

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Well Written & Enjoyable Story

I personally think he over reacted a bit, kicking her out and not taking calls for two months would be logical if she had fucked around. Then dating other women during that time (and still engaged) is completely wrong. He is lucky she took him back! I think immediate confrontation, and no more going out with coworkers, is what was needed. But it sounds like she isn't ready to be married. Carl needs some baseball bat therapy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
no this is not going to work

she never had respect towards him at all. she aloud every guy to have a say and did not put the "stranger" in his place. so she will do it again anyway.

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
I seen this shit in real life situations more than once

So I was surprised to read what I seen take place to many times. The couples involved were all young and dumb. Hell even I did this to an extent when I was younger. IE: Not taking calls, blowing the the other one off, going out on dates that you weren't even interested in, the whole time the one you loved was in your head the entire time.

When I finally did see her face to face I was so sorry that I almost let her go. Hell we are still married after 30 years. It would have been one hell of a mistake. Lives have been changed over stupid shit like this.

Thanks for writing!

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
alright story

Don't see this working, but it was a good story sort of a 180 turn around between page 2 and page 3. Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
What are you going to do?

Stay with a woman who remained friends with the group of people who cold cocked him? Even if it's for work, it's not worth it. Loyalty like that, I can do without.

Fucking whore. Doesn't know the difference between flirting and playing up. Yet the main character goes back with his tail between his legs... oh well. We can all see where this is going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
bullshit

fucking bullshit. why stay with her after all that? its not worth the hassle. he needs to move on. so what, shes giving him one last chance to try and make their relationship work but after that, shes moving on. yea, its sounds like she really loves him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
WIMP

What a fucking wimp. She pretty much dry fucks a coed worker on the dance floor and he pouts for two months. He get cold cocked and runs home with his tail between his legs. She show up after all of this total disrespect and ask that they get back together and it's oh sure why not. I can think of ten reasons why the fuck not. He's a joke and has to be ball less. Damn and to believe I not only wasted my time reading it but I replied.

toesmantoesmanabout 14 years ago
Good beginning

Not one of your best; she never had any explanation for what happened originally when he saw her w/ that other man. He should have cut his losses & moved on down the line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
absolute crap

You wrote a story about two useless, immature, selfish, assholes, why would any of your readers give a shit about what happens to either of them? Just a waste

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 14 years ago
I liked the story and the ending

People screw up. Then sometimes they eventually forgive each other and grow up a bit. I understood both characters' actions in this rather entertaining story. Part of my reaction is that I bypassed about 5 LW cuckold stories today in getting to this one (wish you cuck people had your own category - maybe I should start a contest - first entry "Degraded Wimps" as the name for a new LW category just for cucks). Back to Second Chance - well written interesting story with believable character development. Thank you SP!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
what else would anyone EXPECT from this writer but wimp and idiot?

seriously Most of this writers stories are based on the Man being a wimp and/ or an idiot.

are these two engaged or have they already been married for 20 years...

They are suppose to be HOT for each other in this period of their lives and into the early years of the marriage... Sandy is not dry humping other men at the hot new Salsa club

BOTH times Sandy says It not what you think... and they arent married yet.

Either she is he unluckiest dumb cunt on the planet or shge a serial cheater waiting to happen.

energystarenergystarabout 14 years ago
To Aynom - (Idiots and wimps comment)

if you think this write only writes about wimps and idiots ..and you do not like it, why do you read him? Seriously, there are writers I do not read. They and me are all the better for it. I really feel anyone who wants to write and can find somewhere to publish them should do it. Even if you write a bad story it is better than if you regret not doing it. It really bothers me that so many are willing to discourage others from doing.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Well, the comments are heating up!

There were a few writing errors that were minor distractions. But in general, the story flowed smoothly. I personally feel that this couple won't make it for the long haul. I suspect there was implicit cheating going on. She was not behaving as an engaged woman should. Pictures should have been sent not only to her, but to her parents, and he should have requested return of his engagement ring right off the bat. I don't see how she can ever be trusted in the future. I agree with others that "Axeman" behaved like a true wimp. Make up sex is not the answer to this set of problems . . .

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
No chnace for any marriage; no issues have been even Talked about

why reconcile or even try to? There are serious issues here which have to be explained by both Steve and Sandy and it has to be done before they get married.

For example Sandy has NOT explained

1 her actions at the Salsa club.

2 Her reaction when Steve expressed his 100% legit concern about her Thursday night Girls night out that went later and latter.

Sure Steve walked out without getting any explanation whatsoever but when they finally decided to meet and talk she was able to focus on he is going out with other women and not got around to answering the actual question.

Without these questions resolved during the engagement. There is no way the marriage could possibly survive.

Steve is a wimp and hypocrite. Sandy does not need a wimp. The fact that Steve is even willing to consider that this guy who beat him up at the nightclub was just a work friend is ludicrous. There is no possible reason why this other guy would risk the threat of assault and getting arrested to aid "just a friendly office worker" like Sandy.

Incredibly Steve seems to being amazingly stupid. That is not a surprise given this author who seems to specialize in writing incredibly imbecilic men. <b>Steve - actually considers that Sandy might be telling the truth a second time ...yet she never be explained her actions the first time !!!

</b>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Please somebody explain why either of these two dumbshits should reconcile other than the fact they are both seriously brain impaired [PC version of retarded]?

Both of these character are not worth the gene material that was wasted in their creation. Author - another wimp ass male figure and the ever lasting slut wife: this plot line is so predictable and lame. Please quit while you are ahead!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Following a slirp dog story is....

....like taking a ride on an old wooden rollercoaster, you can't help but feel that something's going to go wrong with the whole thing right off the bat but you end up glad for the ride as each turn unfolds. Character development, especially in terms of singularity keeps getting better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Was this a repost?

Cause it was just as bad as the first time I read it. May even worse.

First, the characters are moronic.

Second, they are written about by a "writer" who can't string more than three or four words together properly.

Examples:

You don't walk down the 'isle,' you walk down the 'aisle.'

People do not act 'corgel' to one another. They are 'cordial.'

There are many more problems, but those are the prizes of the bunch.

This author refuses to get a good editor, and for the life of me I can't think why. An editor might at least make something of his half-assed ideas.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Unfortunately, agree with "Not better the second time around . . . "

I'm not certain what really changed in this resubmission of "A Second Chance." No credible reason for this couple to reconcile based on what was presented in the story. Our hero is still a cowardly wimp (is there any other kind?), and his fiancee is a serial cheater in the making. Neither is particularly sympathetic, to put it plainly. I enjoy the author's occasional, original ideas but I don't believe the male characters are developing any testicles despite the overwhelming majority of readers who request they do so. I know a writer does not need to write simply to please the readership but most authors would like to have positive comments and quite frankly, so many readers berate the weak, wimpy male characters in these stories one might hope this author, who clearly has writing talent, might write something more positive and realistic about his dramatis personae . . .

Simple49erSimple49erabout 14 years ago
Cordial!

is the right spelling. Now, onto the story. They are both jerks and have serious issues that need to counselled before they marry. And that sudden reconciliation is totally unbelievable. In fact, it reads as if you were tired of the story and the complications you had created and just wanted an ending. Recently your writing has improved and while I think you have become prone to creating plots where the wife/girlfriend do over the top things that are not forgivable, you are trying to write as a result, reconciliation plots that just do not make sense. This ending did not make sense.

MinigalesMinigalesabout 14 years ago
Lazy Ass Ending

The end should have at least been a page after where it happened. They did not address their issues even briefly. It looked like they both could not get decent dates and decided what the fuck, let's get back together. This is not how you build a serious marriage. They just talked and argued about bullshit in a very crappy counterproductive way. They could not communicate at all.

The business way of handling personal matters is actually the wimpy way. You lost nothing materialistic if your wife fucked everybody and their dog, so he was not really taking it in a business way. He was taking it childishly.

If you are too lazy to finish a story properly, take your time. You do not have to write an entire story in half an hour or even a week.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
While some may say this is retarded

In truth, I have known many people like this. One makes a mistake, or thinks because they are out of site, they can do what they want. Sometimes it really is quite innocent because all they are doing is trying to convince themselves that they still got it. I had a friend once chat a girl up and get her phone number at a club, then as we left, he threw it away. I asked him what was up and he said, "I just wanted to see if I still got it." He then went home to his very sexy wife. These things can also be over things that don't have anything to do with sex. but in the end, it really comes down to the fact that you are taking your relationship for granted when you go out and play around like that. You are rolling the dice and you can't blame your spouse, fiance or significant other to feel very hurt because even if it is innocent, perception is reality for the other person and thus reality for you. Now, how you go about reconciling is up to you. In this case, the guy basically acted childish..but hurt people often act childishly. Maybe giving her the cold shoulder for a couple of days while he stayed someplace else was good but then he should have went home and said he wanted to talk. Then he should have laid out his concerns and then told her that she had broken the trust no matter how innocent she says it was and that it was up to her to think about whether she was having second thoughts about getting married and if she still wanted to get married, she had to accept the fact that yes, it does mean your life is going to change but it is a change that you want. This means that she would have to understand that you don't force the other person to ignore warning signs and accept your word for it. You go out of your way to never be in a situation that makes the person have doubts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Not bad!

I liked the concept of the story. I enjoy reading your posts. I must agree that editing is something you could improve. As to the story itself, I think these two main characters should have walked away (or maybe run away) from each other. Neither of them were the most sympathetic. In the end, it seems like he is going to have spend the rest of his life every few months tracking his wife down at a bar or a club and then face the prospect of having to get into a fist fight with one of her co-workers, dance partners, drinking buddies or boyfriends just to keep her in the marriage. There is something that I think could have enhanced the story. That would have been letting the reader know whether Sandy cared enough to try to go to Steve after he had been knocked out by her boyfriend and was laying on the floor. All the story leads us to believe is that she and the rest of her friends got rounded up and moved outside of the bar by the bouncers. I would think that if she would have really wanted to be Steve's woman, she would have tried pretty hard to get to him. On the other hand if she just watched him fall and clung to protector, Carl, then it puts a whole knew light on things. The only hint of what she might have done was Steve hearing his name being called out from the crowd while he was being put in his car. When she talked to Steve at the end she never really explained much except to throw everything back on to him. But it is your story and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Ohio, USA

IMcRoutIMcRoutabout 14 years ago
Ummh

I'm trying to be 'corgel' here but I suggest you do not move this story

any 'foreword' and not let those two walk down the 'isle'!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
when married its 24hrs

wife not married if hubby not around.

one4all00one4all00about 14 years ago
Her last comment tells the tale........

If he is not around she will go with whatever is available. Said at a time a joke is inappropriate, so that must be a serious comment.

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 14 years ago
She has a drinking problem

and you did not really address that in this story. SHe makes mistakes when she drinks and is in denial about it. He needed to address that with her and does not. Big hole in the plot. She did not pass the relationship test too many times: inappropriate behavior when the boy freind/fiancee is not around; good only when he is. WHy is she not out with him instead. Still the drinking problem reamains a glaring relatioship breaker here.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754almost 14 years ago
Finally a story where they both grow up

Coal becomes a Diamond under incredible pressure, so does maturity.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Totally agree GREAT STORY

Very good story thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
two idiots

that deserve each other, hope they get together and stay together for everyone's sake as long as they don't procreate

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
NOT GOING TO LAST

Their marriage wouldn't last as long as she works at the place she is working., but then, she can't say no to co-workers where ever she works.

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
He's something of a prig

and needs to be less hypersensitive. I saw nothing in the course of the story to imply her father was wrong about him, last seen. As he defines himself professionally, so personally, a natural-born, exacting sunovabitch who may well yet drive her to double-timing him, even though she hasn't yet.

saratusaratualmost 13 years ago
BILLIE is right

She is a slut and will make him miserable. Broome the bitch!!!!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
DOOMSDAY

is very imminent in this relationship. TK U MLJ LV NV

TJMaxTJMaxover 12 years ago
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!

The Steve character is a complete and utter moron. The Sandy character should drop him like the stupid little boy he is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Sandy is a slut, Steve is a sap

these 2 year olds ought to be happy together - he'll be dining on creampies and she'll be cucking him mercilessly and the rest of us will be free from their antics

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Prediction

A year. Tops.

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 12 years ago
A Second Chance to Grow Up

This is a story about two people who are desperately in need of growing up. I agree with zed0 on 02/10/10. They both have problems.

The guy acted like a dick. While her actions on the dance floor were beyond the pale, the correct reaction, given that he feared his fresh anger, would have been to give it a few days and then go back home and talk to her. And if he really assumed that they were still engaged, he NEVER should have dated. After his infantile reactions and the dating, she should have kissed his ass goodbye.

That being said, if he had talked to her he could have reminded her that she had stayed out late one Thursday, had to take a cab home and even forgot where her car was. Her excuse was that it was a one-off because of some big deal at the office. However, after skipping two weeks, the very next time she went out, she got wasted enough again such that her "flirting went too far". He might have asked her how far her flirting might go in the future, sex in the parking lot.

He could have reminded her of his warning that she got herself into trouble when she drank too much and that she had flared up with a smart-ass remark about him not being her father. She had claimed that she knew what she was doing. He could have asked her if that meant that she knew she was playing grab ass with the guy and would have done it whether she had too much to drink or not.

She should have been willing to own up to how badly she had acted on the dance floor. Letting a guy feel you up and then grabbing his ass and kissing him is not a little peck to thank him for the dance. I am old fashioned enough to believe that if there was going to be a little peck, it better be on the cheek and the one above the neck at that.

Then she should have been willing to agree that she would not go out with her friends unless he was able to join them before the evening went on too long. She claimed she was young and needed to blow off steam. Why couldn't she blow of steam with him?

Furthermore, they should have discussed other things of contention, such as her work attire. He thought she was too slutty. Maybe, maybe not, but it was something that would fester if they did not deal with it and come to an agreement.

In the end, she indicated that there should be no more games and no dating, but I am not sure what the games were, other than their infantile refusal to take each others calls. It did not seem that any of his concerns were even covered.

I like happy endings when merited, but I agree with many others. This relationship doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of lasting. I give it six months, tops. I think this story was meant to leave the reader glad that it ended with them getting back together. However, because there were so many things left unexplored, it failed miserably.

But thanks for the effort and please keep writing!

P.S. On a side note that someone else brought up, what was up with the fact that she wasn't sitting beside him when he woke up from being cold-cocked. Further, even if she had been forced to leave, she should have waited outside for him alone, not with the cast of thousands. Talk about rubbing salt in the wounds. Also, when she mentioned it later, she should have been able to tell him that she had chastised pretty boy for sticking his nose in their business and especially for throwing a punch. I do have to say though that he definitely got in pretty boy's face, so if pretty boy threw the punch, he deserved the results.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
WHAT ! ! !

Steve is a wuss and the bitch is a slut,,,,,what a failure of a male ! ! !

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
The thing about Girl's Night Out

is that it better just be the girls. You go out once with coworkers without your fiancé and dance with someone because he asks and that's fine. You go out two or three times a month with the girls and come home hammered, after dancing with other men--well that's cheating. Or soon will be. A similar thing happened to my cousin. His wife did the girl's night out thing. She even took a mini vacation with the "girls" over a 3 day weekend. Well she picked up a guy on that "girl's" vacation. Nine months later they were divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Corgel?

Dude, you're a writer with some good stories. Please buy a dictionary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Realistic story!

This is perfect example of the shitty things people do to eac other. A little communication would have gone a long way.

At least there was a tentative happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Misplaced affection

To be close, as in dancing with someone, is affection towards the other person, (as is a friend), to be out drinking, dancing, kissing etc.,leads to love, such as courtship, which leads to sex. Anyone witnessing such would assume the couple were lovers, married, or something of the like, anyone witnessing such behavior would think that this is a couple in love. I know that I would. If you were in a relationship with such a person, wouldn't you want then to refrain from giving misplaced affection to a coworker ? I couldn't Trust her/him after seeing such... just my thoughts... but so be it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
it the end Steve is just a WACC waiting to happen

Dump the bitch a move on.

BTTapBTTapabout 12 years ago
Johnny1M makes a good point

Nothing wrong with the occasional happy hour with co-workers. But, when it turns from a couple of drinks after work, or even dinner out, to weekly drunken nights out, there are warning signs. And, when the company is mixed, and the venues are dancing clubs and the like; well, the activities are going to the danger zone. Especially with this girl, who admitted to having had a bit of a problem with alcohol and with letting friends talk her into doing things she shouldn't be doing.

The fact that his fiance didn't call him to let him know she was going out for a happy hour would have been one of the problems I would have had.

I understood the guy's anger, especially seeing the provacative dancing and the kiss. Of course, she maintains that is was a friendly peck for the dance. I can accept that, but still....kissing a coworker on the lips is not a good idea. She hadn't been working at the place that long-it sends the wrong message. I can even accept that he misinterpreted the "ass grab" and roaming hands, as it was a salsa dance. But, again, why is she doing a sexy salsa dance with a coworker? Sends a bad message. She was over the line. It would have failed the "would I be doing this if my fiance was here" test.

Given all that, the guy overreacted. If he really had to draw a line in the sand, he probably should have just broken it off. She acted just as bad after that. Given the emotional maturity of these two, one expects that they would not last.

I enjoyed the tale-seeing the beginning of a train wreck marraige.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 12 years ago
Good story actually

BTTap has it right. I actually figured she was playing around after the way you described her. She told him the first time he had sex with her that he could have had her on the first or second date. He realized she was highly experienced that same night. The story was a good mislead because you did not describe her as the faithful and trustworthy type. You did dirty him some too with his dating and kissing other women even though still considering himself still engaged. Neither of them passed the engaged test and I too suspect trouble in the future. Very good tale otherwise...very believable writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
This guy

is probably the stupidest male character you've come up with yet. It seems that he thinks he should be able to do all of the things he doesn't want her to do. Not answering the phone, dancing and kissing other people, etc.

The guy is your basic idiot.

The stupid factor annoyed me alot but in spite it all they manged to get together in the end. Their marriage vows should read "In sickness and in health and in stupidity...."

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
The poor fucker is a glutton for punishment. It's odd how he can be strong in his business but not in his personal life.

The bitch he is about to marry has demonstrated she is willing to push and push until something finally breaks. It will be his heart.

To bad...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Blind, or stupid.

I was surprised this author wrote the story. I usually enjoy his stories, but not this one. The guy asked his fiance to stop hanging in bars with co-workers- AFTER the "afer work" drink becomes a 3-4 hour party. She blows him off. Then he watches his fiance dancing and behaving like NO commited person should act. Soooo, he's the one who bears the responsibility for fixing the relationship. The woman WAS acting like a slut- so the GUY is painted as being just a macho butthead, and of jumping to conclusions. If this was reality, the new bride would be sleeping around within a year or two. What you see, is what you get.

norcal62norcal62over 11 years ago
This guy doesn't deserve any female partner.

The character, as others have adequately described, is a pompous ass. The female isn't much better, and the story just slogs along between ignored phone calls.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One thing to learn from this story

I disagree with the author at the end, one thing that is pounded into the readers of this story is the over the top immaturity of the two fiances. Without drastic changes in their behavior this marriage is doomed. In a nutshell they both must quickly grew up and stop blaming the other one for their own immaturity.

I also agree with another comment made that is I usually like this author's stories but not this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Don't trust the cunt

She'll do it again and again after marriage. Don't trust the cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WImp. Enjoy your cuckold life.

'Nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

they both admitted they were at fault

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
File this one under:

People who can't control themselves and can't get over themselves.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHEN COUPLES MARK LINES IN THE SAND

winds and tides can obliterate them leaving vacant intent, TK U MLJ LV NV

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
What? Are you kidding?

This girl is a whore, why would you marry her? This is beyond pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
why

did I skim thru this whore treatment he decided to take it up the old ass.

WilsonMeisterWilsonMeisterabout 10 years ago
He IS headed for Trouble & Heartache

It's only a matter of time before her old habits come back and she starts the late night after work "Drinks & Dancing"

The Handwriting IS on the Wall

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hell

Hell i might have to give this a 4* hell it was hell ok.

hell i might even read a hell of a load more of your stories hell i might even find a few more hells in em.

what are the chances of that? Hell of a lot I think.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Ego

A lot of stories on this site talk about ego. "Forget about your fragile ego", or in this case it was "We leave our egos at the door".

Try and look up the word sometime.

It means; Identity, or sense of self, that which separates our sense of individuality from others and from objects.

So all these authors want us to forget who we are? Not be individuals, but mindless, following sheep?

Are you selling anti-amnesia pills on the side or something?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
They'll never make it

Steve is weak in love but not business, and I don't think Sandy can stay true to him.

BDEarth

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
does not pass

Her behavior at the "after work drinks" party does not pass the boyfriend-girlfriend test, much less fiance/fiancee.

Would she have done the same in front of him ?

Can't say he is acting very likeable but stress can do that to people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just an observation

If my fiancé wanted to party and play kissy face with other men and when I objected she told me I wasn't her father, that would be it. Right there, cut and dried. It wouldn't make a very good story, but my own story would end right there.

Too many wonderful women out there who would like to build a good life, than to be wondering what your fiancé or wife is out there doing. I love women, but fuck the cunts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Crappy ending

He just caved, implying he was wrong to begin with. Determining what was wrong, who was wrong isn't just a pissing contest. It lays the ground rules. They have none. It was just lazy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not sure what it is....

You lure your readers in, they get invested in the characters....then, the endings suck all the joy out of reading. You are way more talented than having these alternate, unrealistic endings. If you ever decide to do this on a larger scale, I'm sure a quality editor will help you figure out how not to trash your career and lose fans at the same time. Now? Eh, it just leaves the reader feeling cheated and a bit miffed because reading your stories with these BS endings seems like time wasted. Please work on that.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Engagement Ring

She said she took it off after he threw her out. That was BEFORE she knew he was dating anyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
but first

Which one of your asshole friends cheap shot me. And sorry buddy , she's bad news going in and sure as hell ain't going to change. Get the ring and move on. Nothing but rough sea's ahead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another well written story with a terrible ending

Damn - that's two in a row. I liked the story but once again I hated the ending. You made it seem like a little sex was going to solve their problems. I don't agree. She's still a party girl and he's still a stubborn jerk. Not a good mix. I just don't see the two of them as marriage material. I know you like the "happy" endings but once again these characters don't seem to deserve this ending nor did your writing convince me that this was in any way a good ending.

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
Well I Agree

Well Unlike the previous comment I do agree. The author explains he doesn't know the future and the female character showed they knew when to knuckle down by the collage experience and last but not least people change as they grow older.

So Well done very believable I thought. The main character was self critical enough to sound like a real person and the woman reacted as an intelligent woman in that situation would.

I'm giving it 5 stars

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Liked it.

Well written and showed how individuals can screw up a good relationship. Both parties were immature and needed to grow up. Both characters showed within the story that they can change. What the future holds is anyone's guess. All the naysayers are over laying their actions and feelings onto the story. 5 stars. I would enjoy it if the author would revisit the story line sometime in the future.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Not Sure About This One

I can understand not getting MARRIED, but I don’t know why they can’t get ENGAGED before graduation. Especially where they’re already LIVING together; if I was her parent, THAT would concern me more than an engagement ring!

“I know my flirting went too far, but that's all it was.” – He WARNED her that her drinking would cause problems, and she got mad and said he wasn’t her father. LOL, I just saw that HE said the very same thing!

“corgel” should be “cordial”.

As KarenE said, SHE took off the engagement ring the night he through her out, implying that SHE didn’t consider them engaged, and that was BEFORE she learned about his dates. I never saw a proper explanation for that one!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous