All Comments on 'A Second Chance Ch. 08'

by jerseyblue

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassabout 9 years ago
Great story series!

Enjoyed the telling of this tale immensely!!!!

JonStuartJonStuartalmost 9 years ago
One of the best love stories I have ever read!

What a great story. I lost the love of my life last year after 45 years to heart disease. I really loved this story and this was the best series I have read on Literotica, so far. Thank you, this truly made my day. I read the whole series today, June 14, 2015 on what would have been my 46th anniversary.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic

I was waiting for the boom to drop... and it didn't. It was a very good story. Sometimes you need to read something like this in your life. A tune up. Maybe.

I feel for JonStuard (see comments). I can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone you loved for 45 years. I've had loses but in a different way. I lost my first wife through stupidity. After the divorce, when she begged me to take her back; simply because I met someone else, I said no. I should have. I wasn't in love with that someone else. Someone else became wife number two and when we separated the first time and she returned to Chicago with my baby daughter I really felt stupid with saying no to number one. When I took her back because she thought she made a mistake when she left me, everyone thought I was crazy. Well.... they were right. After my son was born we divorced. That's three separations and two divorces. You never get used to that kick in the stomach. I actually started to toy with the possibility of becoming a priest. I got the annulment for the first. The second was just a civil ceremony. Then I met number three. We've been married for 15 years and still holding hands. Between marriages I have met other women. Some good, some not too good. One was a very good friend for years but it just didn't work for me when we took it to the next level after my second divorce. I lost a friend. After my first separation from number two I met this terrific lady whose heart I broke when we reconciled. As I said, in between marriages I met a lot of women and if you're any kind of a decent person people get attached to you. Even if you swing you can get attached. If you can't feel the same way about them, you will end up hurting them. Or they hurt you. Getting hurt wasn't too bad. But hurting them.... it's a killer. This stuff and scar (deform) you.

Comparing my life to Matt's, it isn't hard to figure out he was lucky. Two women and two great loves. What I would give to be in his shoes. I remember laughing to myself when Matt admitted to Kris that he had only one sex partner in his life when they were comparing notes. Or JonStuard.... one love/wife for 45 years. Not too many hurts here.

Kris seems to be the superwoman we all dream of. Almost perfect (I have a few needs that weren't reflected in this story [wink]). For the gals I guess Matt is the almost perfect guy. But anyway... a story well done. If your thing is a relationship with someone else.... this was a good read to share with them.

Da Gopher

openeyes2openeyes2over 8 years ago
Great story!

Meeting the love of your life once is a blessing. Having it happen twice in a lifetime is a gift from God. I wish that so many of us should be so blessed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Would have been a 5

But there was something about the story that kept me expecting something bad to happen. This didn't let me really relax into the happiness they shared. Just seemed to be a feeling of tension or expectation of a catastrophe.

RABSTARABSTAalmost 4 years ago
Great story!

I've seen quite a few people complain about spelling & grammar. I don't care too much about spelling and as far as grammar is concerned, most people don't talk with good grammar, so why should we care in a story. One thing that was disconcerting to me was when Matt's name changed to Scott a few times and then changed back to Matt a paragraph or two later. Is it possible to edit a story after it is posted?

Other than this one little point, I found the story really enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful romantic story

In spite of some errors in punctuation and grammar, this is an outstanding and tender romantic story. The story has a nice build up, good character development, and just enough in the way of romance to balance out an engaging plot. Wonderful work by a fine writer.

olddave51olddave512 months ago

This is about the 4th or 5th time I read this story the only thing is could we have a part 9? Just for an assurance that they stayed together and maybe had a child together, they are not too old. Kelly would be a great big sister., even it is been years since you wrote this great story.

One question, was Matt, Susan, or Kris ever Kelly's teacher? Since Matt was Kelly's friends teacher it would have been interesting.

I did teach 2 sons and 3 daughters, it is an interesting concept.

Please keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous