A Small Indiscretion Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dave looked at his partner for the evening in amazement.

Yvonne was looking very pretty. He gazed admiringly at her long, flowing dark hair that didn't stop until just below her shoulders, her soft, almond brown eyes, small, upturned nose, and a mouth that was eminently kissable.

She had on a pair of jeans that might have been made of denim or maybe just spray-painted on her. She also wore a sleeveless top that he would have liked better if it had hidden her black bra straps. But he then reminded himself that she was of a different generation.

"Give me a minute. Like to have a drink?"

"No thanks Yvonne, I'm trying to cut down on my alcohol intake," he replied.

As she turned to go back to her bedroom, the top separated from her jeans for a moment, allowing him a glimpse of her thong above the waist of her low-cut jeans. She was definitely all set to enjoy their evening.

She was soon back with a dainty jacket carelessly flung over one shoulder.

"Let's go, handsome," she said brightly and took his hand in hers.

The nightclub was already filling up when they arrived. They ordered drinks and settled down. While he settled for a beer Yvonne decided on to have white wine. For some moments they sat observing the crowd on the floor, getting a feel of the environment. The floor was already quite crowded with party revellers, the strobe light bouncing off sweaty, gyrating bodies bumping into each other. Yvonne was gently swaying in her seat to the music, her sparkling eyes taking in everything.

Dave smiled and stood. "Yvonne, let's get the party started," he said as he stretched out his hand towards her.

Yvonne beamed at him and the two joined the couples on the floor. He was okay when it came to dancing. Sherry was the more enthusiastic of the two. It seemed Yvonne was an equally enthusiastic lady. They were soon grinding to the beat, Yvonne's hips swaying in perfect tune to the rhythm of the heavy beat booming through the speakers. The strobe lights picked up her body as she swung around, her arms going over her heads, a happy radiant smile playing upon her face. It was quite some time later when the two sweating people finally came back to their table.

"Oh Boss, this place is awesome. I'm perfectly willing to work all my weekends as long as you promise to continue bringing me here," she said with a big smile, as she sipped her wine. She was breathing hard, sweat trickling down her face and her nipples were clearly outlined against the wet top clinging to her nubile body.

Another drink later she grabbed Dave by his arm and the two were again on the floor for a foot stomping session.

Watching his partner swinging wildly to fast music, Dave thought back to the times when he and Sherry used to hit the nightclubs. The first time had been after he had received his first pay cheque. As it had been his first earnings, Sherry had made him issue a cheque of a reasonable amount to an orphanage and then they had decided to go and celebrate at the best nightclub in town.

Dave sighed. That had been followed by a long night of passionate love making back at their pad. The next morning he had just about made it to office in time while Sherry had decided to skip classes for the day. In the afternoon she had rung up and pleaded with him to come home early. When he complied, they went for a long stroll along the shores of Lake Washington and then they were back at their apartment for another session of intense physical love.

Dave smiled at those happy memories as he took Yvonne's outstretched hand and twirled her round and then initiated some groovy salsa steps.

It was another hour and a half before he could convince Yvonne to call it a night and head for home. She was reluctant and it was only after another round of salsa that Dave was finally able to escort her out.

"Boss that was the most exciting time of my life," she gushed and then she proceeded to give him another hug. Only this time the embrace was more close and longer. Dave clasped his arms around her and pulled her closer, enjoying the warmth of her soft body. He really liked this girl.

They had dinner at a restaurant on the way back. After the drinks and extended hip swaying session at the nightclub, neither of them had been particularly hungry.

"So does this mean that I get some more of your free weekend hours in the foreseeable future?" he asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

For a moment she looked seriously at him and then said, "Sure Boss you get my time anytime you want." Her eyes had a smoky look. Yvonne came closer and planted her lips on his. She put her arms around his neck and stood close to Dave.

Dave felt himself responding to her demand. He briefly played his tongue over her lips and pressed her close to him. Finally he peeled himself away from her.

"Right then, we have a date," he said as he planted a kiss on her forehead and then turned and left.

The cold loneliness of his existence hit him hard as soon as he entered his apartment. Yvonne had made him forget his sorry state of affairs, albeit briefly. Now he was back to reality, and it sucked.

He undressed and stood for a long time under a hot shower. He dried himself and collapsed into bed. His eyes went down to his semi erect cock. He had been tempted, sorely tempted. Then he looked away and closed his eyes praying to Lord to let sleep take over his body. Like many numerous nights before, he was destined to twist and turn in his lonely bed. The image of the woman in pink seemed to be encased forever in his turbulent mind. There she was, so close to him, her pink dress billowing in the wind, her arms stretching out towards him. Dave moved forward to take her. No, ... what's this? ... she is fading away, her arms are still reaching out to him but her eyes are filled with sorrow ...oh, there she is again, ... near the auto staircase at the Orbit Mall, looking at him as she moved towards the elevator shaft ... the elevator shaft! Oh my God! ...lookout ...!! He heard Luke scream in terror.

Dave woke up with a start. He was breathing heavily, his body covered with sweat.

He looked at the ringing alarm clock. It was Monday morning and time for his morning jog.

---------------------------------------------

Sherry glanced at her watch for the umpteenth time. It was nearing two pm. Susan had promised to meet her at two. They had chosen the Italian restaurant she had visited in her earlier visits to the city. She had arrived in the morning. It was actually an official visit, but she had managed to wrap up her work by one thirty. Sherry had chosen to wear a light blue silk blouse and a black skirt which ended just above her knees-all in all a proper professional outfit of a modern working woman and which at the same time showed her best assets.

So finally she was going to meet the woman face to face, the woman with whom her husband had spent a night. She wondered how she looked, and above all what would be her reaction on meeting this other woman. Was she more beautiful than her? More desirable? More appealing?

Sherry recognised Susan as soon as she entered the restaurant. It had to be her. She was about an inch or two shorter than Sherry with blond, wavy hair, pale, blue eyes and a well maintained body. She was wearing a tailored suit with a matching blouse. Altogether, not a bad package.

Susan looked around the restaurant, her hand reaching for her mobile, when their eyes connected. Sherry gave a small nod in acknowledgement. Susan began walking toward her table, her eyes not leaving Sherry for a moment, studying her ever so minutely as only a woman can. There was a confidence in her grace, her full breasts gently swaying with each step she took towards Sherry.

"Hi," she said as she finally came to a stop before Sherry. Her voice was firm, without any hint of hesitancy.

"Hi Susan," replied Sherry as Susan took a seat across from her.

For some moments the two women sat in silence, sizing each other up.

All kinds of emotions were running through Sherry's heart. She had an urge to strike out at Susan for screwing up her married life. Somehow she managed to control herself. Ma Harding had cautioned her repeatedly against creating any scene. That would give the other woman just another victory.

"Keep your Irish temper in control my baby ... do that for me," was what Ma had said.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting," said Susan finally.

"Thanks for taking time out for me from your busy schedule," replied Sherry in an emotionless tone.

"Oh, once you rung up and expressed your desire to see me, well, I made certain the meeting time was high up on my agenda for the day," replied Susan.

She then leaned forward and continued quietly, "So how are things between you and Dave?" She stared intently at Sherry.

Sherry stared back into Susan's pale blue eyes, trying to fathom the woman behind them. She had slept with another woman's husband and now here she was asking that woman how things were between her and her husband.

"You know something Susan? People don't always act logically, sometimes even smart and reasonable people go off the track and do something crazy, or stupid, or self-destructive. But one bad deed doesn't make you a bad person. It just makes you a person who did something bad. What matters more is how you deal with what you've done—how you atone for it, how you do whatever you can to make it right."

"Dave had a one night fling with a married-but-willing woman," she continued with a heavy emphasis on the words fling, married and willing, "but he is a very brave and mature man. He knows he has erred and that has helped us move ahead."

She was definitely not going to tell the bitch how fucked up her married life was at present and that Dave was presently persona non grata at their home.

Sherry thought she saw Susan flinch when she said what she had to say, though her eyes continued to bore into Sherry as though searching for something.

Was she some kind of a kinky woman who derived some sadistic satisfaction by sleeping with married men and then breaking up their homes?

Then Susan nodded and leaned back into her chair.

"Good, that's nice to hear," replied Susan.

"What about you? How's it going with your husband?"

Susan looked away as a frown crossed her face.

"We are okay. I guess we are past it," she replied.

Sherry looked closely at Susan. Somehow what she said was not being reflected by her body language. There was tightness in her voice, perhaps an irritation, she couldn't be sure.

Susan was attractive, but the same could be said of many other women. She was definitely not in a class by herself. Sherry was also pleased to note that Susan certainly did not outclass her in any manner whatsoever. But as they say, beauty lies in the eyes that behold, and Dave had certainly bedded her. She had tried her level best to bury the emotions that reared their ugly heads when she had first learnt about Dave's betrayal. But she could now sense herself falling back into their clutches as she continued to look and talk with Susan. Her rage against Dave was again surfacing.

"You mean he is okay with what you did?"

"He understands that I was drunk and my biological needs got the better of me," replied Susan.

"Tell me Susan, does it always happen like that? Your biological needs getting the better of you?"

Susan glanced at her watch.

"Sherry, I have an important appointment coming up, so if you could ..."

Sherry nodded. Her purpose had been fulfilled. She, too, no longer wished to be under the same roof as Susan.

"That's okay Susan, I understand," replied Sherry in a neutral tone. "Thanks for meeting me."

Susan picked up her handbag and walked out of the restaurant without glancing back.

Their coffee had remained untouched.

Sherry picked up her bag and made her own way out. She had a flight to catch back home.

--------------------------------------------

As the taxi pulled up at her home, she saw Ma Harding standing at the open door. Sherry walked over and they hugged each other. It was only then that the first tear flowed out of her eyes. All through her return travels she had maintained her composure. But now in the loving embrace of her mother she just let herself lose. Ma Harding made her sit in the living room and placed her face on her lap and began running her hand in her hair.

Ma Harding did not ask anything. She watched silently as Sherry cried her heart out. Her eyes were red and swollen.

"I ... I met that bitch," said Sherry finally and then she went on to explain how her meeting went in an incoherent speech.

Ma Harding nodded her head understandingly. She was now gently massaging her daughter's back. The girl had been brave. All along she had maintained a stoic front. After the initial showdown with Dave she had collected her nerves and maintained a semblance of normalcy while she and Dave tried to put the pieces of their marriage together, if possible. Meeting the other woman was important in her attempt to find the best way forward. This outburst had been long in coming.

And she fretted for her son too. She had been shocked by his confession and somewhere deep inside she felt she had failed as a mother in the rearing of her children.

But he had been repentant. The tight construction work schedule, coupled with his family problems was taking its toll. His health had deteriorated and no doubt he was in misery too. But he had a look of determination about him. He had erred and he was man enough to admit it, and he desperately wanted his family back. The O'Brien's were also in regular touch with their son-in-law.

She looked down affectionately at her daughter-in-law. Her breath was more regular now. She lay silently on her lap with her eyes open. The ghost had been exorcised.

She picked up her mobile and rang up the O'Brien's and then handed over the mobile to Sherry.

"I have prepared your favourite dish my baby. Now speak to your mother while I go about setting the table," said Ma Harding. She kissed her daughter-in-law on her forehead and then moved to the kitchen.

To Be Continued

Alex

Dear readers, please do not forget to vote.

12