A Time of War Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After several minutes the crying began to taper off, I said "I didn't mean to do anything to upset you."

Cheryl sniffled and said, "It's not you, it's me." Cheryl sniffled quietly for a minute or so, long enough so that I began to think that she wouldn't say anymore. When she started to talk again it was very softly, seemingly devoid of emotion, but containing all her heart. "I love you," Cheryl said simply. "I realized yesterday that I've never loved anyone else before, only a pale imitation. Listening to your stories and philosophy, I understood that you are unlike anyone I have ever known. Not only do I love you, but I like and respect you. That is very rare, I respect very few men."

"The problem for me is that I know that you are going to die. Todd wrote me that medics were a high priority target for the enemy. In one 30 day period they lost ten soldiers, four were medics. I think you will do the hard thing even if it is too dangerous, if you think it is the right thing. I just know you will be killed."

She once again buried her head into my shoulder and silently once again began crying. I felt her salty tears falling on my chest. I didn't know what to do, so I just held her. Linda too seemed to be at a loss and rested her cheek on Cheryl's shoulder blade, and held her close. I noticed that Linda's eyes were also filling with tears. It was the most helpless that I had ever felt with women.

I finally pulled myself free and went to the bathroom. When I came back out, I put on my boxers, and told the two women, "I'm going to go sit at the table, when you can, put on a cover and come out to talk with me."

Within a couple of minutes, both Cheryl and Linda came out. Cheryl came out in her shorty robe and Linda in my tee shirt. The girls pulled me to the sofa, and had me sit between them.

I began to speak slowly, "Cheryl, I'm sorry for making you so uncomfortable. I wanted to give you pleasure, not misery. The things that you said make sense, but none of us can live in a possible future. The future is not ours to know. Just take what pleasure and happiness you can from each day. Carpe diam, seize the day, the one that you are in, not one in the future that you can't know. It makes me too miserable to know that I am hurting you this badly, I can't bear it, because I love you."

"Linda," I continued looking at her, "I've loved you ever since I met you. Of course," I chuckled, "I was somewhat embarrassed too. You know, you are the first woman I ever met for the first time while I was naked." Linda laughed as I continued, "You made me feel comfortable desired and cared for within seconds. Everything that has happened since then has been an amazing bonus. I would do anything; deny myself anything to make you happy."

"Please, both of you, tell me what I can do to make you happy." I said, and then I looked at Linda.

"I just became overwhelmed when I heard what Cheryl said." Linda said. "I had thought of everything she said, and tried to put it in a box. I apologize to both of you."

Cheryl said, "I wasn't prepared for the rush of emotions that came when you tingled me. Although I had been thinking about what I said since yesterday, I was keeping control until just then. I apologize to both of you for ruining the mood. Please stay, I want to spend all the time that I can with you."

"We planned the whole evening. We were going to take you swimming in the apartment pool and to a little Mexican restaurant we know..." Linda told me.

"I don't need to be entertained; I'd rather just spend time with you both. Why don't we just eat the Chinese food leftovers? I shouldn't go out in my fatigues anyway. If I get caught, I could get in trouble, and so could you Linda."

Everyone reluctantly agreed, and we ate the leftovers, quietly. When we had finished and cleaned up, the girls pulled me back to the bedroom. We undressed and climbed into bed, under the covers. We talked quietly for a few minutes, and lay still, until I noticed that Cheryl's breathing was deep and regular. She had fallen asleep.

I poked Linda, and we slipped out of bed without waking Cheryl, and went back into the living room. I sat down on the sofa, and Linda came over and straddled my lap. Linda looked into my eyes and said, "When she came home yesterday, she was different. Something happened to change her. Do you know what happened?"

"I don't know, everything seemed normal until she came to meet me on base at the snack bar. She seemed less sure of herself when she first came in, maybe more nervous. It cleared up later, but that is all I can think of."

"It would have been before that." Linda mused. "What happened in school?"

"I told her a story from my past, and she told me about your night." I said.

"It wouldn't have been what she said, tell me the story." She said.

I told her about Brad and Kathy.

"That was a really hot story," she said, "but I don't think that was it. Can you think of anything else that happened?"

"Well," I said thoughtfully, "we did have a problem with another girl in class. She tried to pry me away from Cheryl, and I had to blow her off."

"That must have been it; I'll bet that is when she fell in love with you. I knew that she was different yesterday. She talked about you differently and more. I don't even know if she got any sleep last night. I was worried about her, she was acting depressed. She told me that you were so different from other men that she was amazed.

Linda reached down and grabbed my cock. She began stroking, looked into my eyes and said, "Your story got me real horny, you've got to do something about that."

"Do you have any ideas?" I asked, playfully.

"You really are such a tease." She said, as she straddled my cock and began bouncing energetically.

We spent nearly three hours sharing love and intimacy. In the afterglow of making love for the final time that evening, we sat side by side, holding each other with her head against my shoulder.

Linda asked me, "Will I see you tomorrow?"

"Probably not," I told her, "I have to get ready for Friday. If I take care of as many of the errands as possible, I'll be able to get away earlier Friday."

"Let's get dressed and I'll take you to the post." She told me.

We went into the bedroom and quietly dressed, so as not to wake Cheryl. I starred at her peaceful form. She was lying on her side, her breasts uncovered. I wanted to kiss her, but I thought that I might wake her.

Linda and I left the apartment got into her car and headed back to the post. She was quiet on the drive back, and we had no problem at the front gate, even though the same MP was on duty.

When she pulled up to the barracks, she told me, "I'll miss you Davey, can't wait to see you Friday."

"I'll miss you too, see you Friday." I said as I got out of the car and headed toward the barracks.

I signed in, and went up to my room and quietly went to bed. I thought of everything that had gone on during the day, and finally drifted off to sleep.

x-----------------------------------------x

I appreciate the feedback that I have received on the first chapter of this story. If you haven't read that story, you should, it will clarify the story line. Feel free to let me know what you think, or make any suggestions. Please make them constructive. I will try to answer any emailed questions, or comments I receive as quickly as I can.

Don't forget to rate the story. Thank you.