Ableside Manor Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At the end of the ball, Lady Fenwick had helped him to the coach, something that had become necessary due to the amount of alcohol he had consumed. The ride home was uneventful. Lord Fenwick leant against his wife and thought about how they had met. It was his father who had introduced them. She was the daughter of another lord and Lord Fenwick Senior had strongly suggested that a union between the two families would bring tremendous benefits to both families.

"But I'm not in love with her," he had objected.

"That doesn't really matter," his father had replied. "The main thing is that you respect each other and are both decent people. Love will blossom later. Also, you shouldn't confuse love and lust. A man in your position will be able to enjoy as many women as he wants, but for a wife, what you need is a lady like Penelope."

On hearing this, he had been shocked at first, but after a lot more discussion, he had eventually understood his father's point of view. They were married a year later. As his father had predicted, the marriage had been a success and furthermore both families had prospered. Like his father, he enjoyed moving in all the right social circles with Penelope and as his father had also predicted, he had also been able to enjoy almost any other woman, whose body he lusted after.

Penelope had provided him with two sons; an heir and a spare, as the saying went and life was good. Did he love her? He wasn't sure, though in a way he supposed he did. It wasn't a lustful kind of love, but he was fiercely protective of her and would kill anyone who dared lay a finger on her. Their sex life had been good enough and any shortcomings in that area had proved to be easy to make up with the help of other willing women, just as his father had predicted.

By the time they got back to Ableside Manor, he was feeling much more sober and didn't need her assistance walking. She invited him to join her in her room: "Ralph, Dear; are you going to join me tonight? If you want to make love to me, it's your last chance for a week because I'm off to my sister's tomorrow." He accepted her invitation.