All Comments on 'Accidental Hero Ch. 05-08'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Where is this going?

Where's the story arc? The story is just plodding along with no conflict or suspense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I like. Where it's going

I think he's set a good trajectory. I can see where it might go. And I'm enjoying the ride. It's not plodding, it's character building.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Next?

When does Kelsey come back in to the picture?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Sorry do not understand what it is all about?

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
HEROES GET A JUST REWARD

and still maintain diginity. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Jeez you guys, it's only the second damn chapter

Let the author write the story as they see fit.

I happen to be enjoying the progression. Good pacing, IMHO.

I hope this tale has a long and slow burn.

Thanks coaster2!

Looking forward to the next one.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 7 years ago
GLAD I FOUND THIS ONE

I came across this one because you are in my favorites. Now I will go back and read the first ones. Hoping I can get through by the time you post the next in this series.

Thanks for your efforts to entertain. You have amazing talent

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Interesting journey

A pattern is forming. He is a quiet, ordinary guy who is in the occasional position to assist others. Somehow he keeps being selected by an extremely beautiful woman who is with him for a while only to remove herself many miles away and out of his life.

Jimmy Stewart meets Marilyn Monroe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fellate?

No college girl uses this term with a boyfriend.

I agree with previous reviews that the dialogue is stilted and not like true conversational English. Just read it out loud and see if it sounds realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
For clarification, sports medicine IS the rehabilitation of injuries and surgical

repairs. Specifically, athletic training is the term for the field in the US. In Canada, I believe it is called physiotherapy. It's foundation education is in one of the physical education sub-domains: exercise physiology, bio-mechanics or kinesiology.

There is also a sub-specialty in medical school called sports medicine, but typically MDs who are interested in working in college or pro sports as team physicians are orthopedic surgeons. They do the surgical repairs, while athletic trainers do the rest. Some team physicians also treat non-surgical injuries, but their role is mostly to write prescriptions, while the athletic trainer is responsible for the rehab.

In addition to rehabing injuries, the role of an athletic trainer is also to attempt to prevent injuries via specific, targeted exercise and/or correction of poor technique/form of an athlete.

Before specialization came athletic trainers' duties also included nutritional/dietary, (dietitians take on those duties), pre & post season conditioning, (strength & conditioning coaches take on these), and sports psychology, (sports psychologists have become the 'specialists' in this area.) Smaller colleges with less budget, minor league teams and less mainstream sports still rely on athletic trainers for all of these roles and expertise.

In major pro sports and big colleges, with bigger budgets, specialists are hired to fill the many roles athletic trainers are educated to fill. It is a great career for people who are former athletes, or just love sports, but in reality, unless you are a head athetic trainer or assistant in a major pro sport or a major college, the salary does not match the responsibilities or education.

i know this from personal experience. I have a MS in Exercise Physiology and was a certified/licensed Athletic Trainer, and found it impossible to support a family on my salary as a minor league atheltic trainer in professional baseball. It is a grueling schedule in baseball: spring training, (1-2 days off), and a season which lasts until Labor Day (1-2 days off). A base salary is compensation for Spring Training and the season. In order to make enough money to support my family, I also had to work Fall instructional league, (no days off), and Winter Baseball, (no days off, plus you are in the Caribbean, Mexico or Venezuela.), lasts until a few weeks before Spring Training starts. If your team makes the playoffs, you have a couple of days before Spring Training; make it all the way to the Winter World Series, and you are late for the start of Spring ball.

I made enough money to support my family, but I never saw them. I realized it was not worth it, and left the field. It is a job for young, single people, which is a shame, as it is both a challenging, and rewarding field.

If you are lucky enough to make it in major league sports, or as the head/asst trainer of a moderate sized college, you can have a long, and rewarding career, but those long careers lead to less turnover/openings.

GeoD

Storm113Storm113over 1 year ago

5*, I love this story. It's in my favorites. That being said you mention a lot of things that were very uncommon or non-existent in this time frame. According to the first chapter he was 10 years old in 1965. That makes this chapter approximately 1975. As an example, microwaves were rare and home computers didn't exist yet. Still really enjoyed the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous