Action!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,802 Followers

As they were preparing dinner inside Taylor decided to try and feel Burke out with regard to the holidays.

"So what are you two doing over Christmas?" she asked nonchalantly.

"Oh, um, nothing much. We'll get together with my dad and have dinner on Christmas Eve then we'll all gather here on Christmas morning to do presents."

"Yay for presents!" Shay said having finally heard something she understood.

"That sounds pretty wonderful to me," Taylor told him.

"It's not exactly New York City, but it's pretty much perfect for us," he told her with a smile.

"That reminds me of Christmas growing up back in eastern Oregon."

"Oh, right. I forgot you weren't always a famous actress and a big-city girl."

Burke turned around and asked, "Do you miss it?"

"Yes. I do," she told him even though she really hadn't in all the years she'd been away. In fact, she'd dearly loved the big parties and the fancy dresses and the big-city celebrations. But now, this year, all of that seemed so hollow and even phony while this...sitting around a tree with just family...seemed so real and so desirable.

"Do you ever go home for Christmas?" Burke asked.

"Once or twice," she admitted knowing she couldn't wait to leave both of the times she had.

Burke put down the utensils he was holding to mix the salad and looked right at Taylor.

"I know this isn't New York, and you might even laugh, but I was thinking if you wanted to, you know, spend Christmas here...with us, we'd be...I mean, we'd love to have you."

Taylor's heart felt like it might burst with happiness and yet she was trying not to laugh at the puppy-dog eyes he was making as he asked her to stay while assuming she'd decline.

Happiness won out as her eyes filled with tears and a big smile broke out on her face.

"I would love to stay here with you," she said before quickly adding, "I mean...here as in on the bus...here, of course."

Burke couldn't remember the last time he felt so happy or hopeful and his heart was also on the verge of bursting with joy.

Taylor was standing right in front of him when he put his arms around her and told her, "I am so happy I could kiss you."

"Then please do," she said sweetly as she melted into his arms.

The kiss lasted for a very long time and was only interrupted when Shay said, "Are you guys gonna just kiss all the whole night long?"

Taylor laughed as she pulled away.

"Sorry, honey. I'm just so happy," Taylor told the little girl.

"Why?" Shay asked having missed the entire back and forth.

"Taylor is going to stay here for Christmas," her dad said as he put his arm around the beautiful actress.

Shay sucked in a big breath and said, "With us?"

"Yes, if that's okay," Taylor said.

Shay jumped out of her seat and threw her arms around the older woman and said, "I don't ever want you to leave!"

Taylor picked her up and felt her eyes welling up again as she looked at Burke.

"You know? I don't think I'd mind that, either," she said sweetly.

Burke put his arms around 'his' girls and said, "I guess that makes three of us."

At that very moment, nothing had ever made more sense or felt more right than the way she was feeling. There were still so many things to discuss and details to work out. But there was no doubt in her mind that this is where she belonged and where she'd find happiness and fulfillment. And yes, she was now very sure she loved the handsome, young mayor and his little girl; a ready-made family for a woman who craved the love of a family of her own.

That night, Burke asked her to stay with him rather than sleep on the bus, and Taylor couldn't wait to say 'yes'.

She'd had great sex many times, but it had been many years since she'd made love with a man; a man she loved and who loved her.

As if the day hadn't been perfect enough, Burke told her as she lay in his arms that he was falling in love with her. Tears of joy flowed down her cheeks as she told him she felt the same way.

Taylor Farris not only stayed in Diamond Rock for Christmas, she stayed for the rest of her life.

By the time the movie was finished in early February, she and Burke had been living together for six weeks and were deeply in love. He asked her to marry him during the post-production party the producer threw in Diamond Rock, and Taylor screamed with joy as she said, "YES!!" several times as the place erupted in applause.

Taylor, Burke, and Shay flew to New York a week later to meet Taylor's friends and more importantly to say goodbye. She invited them all to visit often, but didn't expect anyone but Jane to take her up on it.

The three of them then went to inform the network executives this would be her last film. Having her new family with her helped them understand there was nothing they could offer her to tempt her to change her mind. She'd had a great run, but she was tired of running. Love had finally caught up with her again, and there was no way she was going to miss this opportunity.

After spending another two months in Iowa, they flew to Oregon and spent several days with Taylor's parents who were in their late 60s. Both of them felt like they'd finally gotten their daughter back after a very long stay in 'the wilderness' and couldn't have been happier for her. To say they fell in love with Shay was an understatement in the extreme as they spoiled her rotten.

That summer, Taylor flew them out to Iowa for their wedding with Jane serving as Taylor's Maid of Honor, Burke's father as his best man, and who else but Shay as the flower girl.

Perhaps the most surprising thing that happened was when Sheriff Brett Decker asked Councilwoman Georgia Lyons to dance and then to dinner a few days later. As their own romance bloomed, Georgia's attitude changed dramatically making her a pleasure to work with and an ally in getting things done. A year later, she became the other Mrs. Decker in Diamond Rock, Iowa, and a best friend to Mrs. Taylor Decker.

Taylor took to small-town life again like a fish to water as she recalled her life from a simpler, happier time. After the wedding, there were no more crazy photographers following her around, and she was free to be a full-time, stay-at-home wife and mother to her wonderful husband and daughter in this quaint, friendly, mid-western town.

And to everyone's great delight not one paparazzo even showed up the following spring when Taylor Decker gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.

Life was now so much simpler and slower and as Taylor lay there holding her baby with her husband and daughter on either side, she knew she'd made the right choice. Making movies had given her the financial freedom to follow her dreams, but until she met Mayor Burke Decker and his daughter, she had no idea what her dreams even were.

Now that she knew, nothing in the world could ever convince to give up her newfound-life of joy. Not even for the allure of a director on set calling out, "Action!"

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,802 Followers