Adopting Janie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She spoke into her remote microphone, "Oh god, this is so embarrassing. This was meant to be just for my own little group who today worked so hard for me. Oh well, let's get on with it."

She strutted back and forth on a little area, hopping up and down as if the floor was burning, and recited 'The Boy Stood on the Burning Deck.

The audience went crazy, shouting, "Encore, encore."

So she did it again, putting on a horrible fake French accent in English and some people were almost hysterical in laughter.

"Now that I have you warmed up I'll recite three short extracts from famous speeches, namely Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, Franklin Roosevelt's Pearl Harbor Address and Martin Luther Kings' 'I have a Dream speech'. I love the words you'll hear me recite from those great men. And then finally something a little different, from a 1984 film 'Amadeus' that was about Mozart's life."

Each of the famous American speech excerpts was clapped and then Chase said, "Now for the amazing narration by the Austrian court composer Antonio Salieri, played in the film by F. Murray Abraham. Salieri was examining the so-called child genius's sheet music for 'Serenade for Thirteen Wind Instruments.' I believe this passage contains some of the most evocative word imagery ever written. I've not presented this rendition in public before for more reasons than one I guess, but the main one it makes me cry so please forgive me should I weep. I am presenting it the hope that it will impress upon you students of the beauty of language."

Extraordinary! On the page it looked nothing. The beginning simple, almost comic. Just a pulse - bassoons and basset horns - like a rusty squeezebox. Then suddenly - high above it - an oboe, a single note, hanging there unwavering, till a clarinet took over and sweetened it into a phrase of such delight! This was no composition by a performing monkey! This was a music I'd never heard. Filled with such longing, such unfulfillable longing, it had me trembling. It seemed to me that I was hearing a voice of God.

The applause was thunderous as Chase turned and hurried off the stage, not looking back. Kathy found her in wardrobe, putting on her own clothes.

"Oh my darling, you made me cry and I saw dozens of females out there wiping their eyes. If you win my position I'm sure you will be the most uplifting individual in the history of this college theater. Thank god some one called me when I was having coffee and I hurried back here after calling Shane. He arrived with the president in tow."

"Oh god although I did set out to be noticed. Kathy the truth, how do you think I would have gone down with the officials and even senior students?"

"Thumbs up I say without hesitation. Whatever senior personnel thought individually they must have seen how you empowered your audience and produced that astonishing reaction from those people. They really did almost bring the house down."

They heard chanting and Kathy opened the door and turned smiling.

"It's your curtain call Chase and they won't leave until you return to take your bow."

The editor of the college newspaper accompanied by a photographer met them on stage and Chase was photographed taking her bow and then was recalled for a repeat.

"The crowd's gone mad," laughed the editor as she conducted a brief interview with Chase who made no mention that she had applied to succeed Kathy as head of directing.

Chase's phone went.

"I'm with the president. He invites you to join us for coffee. Great sole performance."

"Thanks Shane. Um I'm with Kathy."

"Then bring her. We're in the Quad Café."

Stanfield and Shane stood as the two women approach and Stanfield said, "Once again you were great Chase. You know you are like a real trouper. You really know how to pull your audience to you."

"It's all part of the art Stanfield. You know I was expected to play for my own little group and a few people who were seated in the gallery. Some one put the word out I guess."

"Several people I'd say," he laughed.

Several people came up to Chase just to say a couple of words of appreciation but then Stanfield reacted when a senior student came up. He stood and placed her arm around her and said, "Chase this is my niece Celeste."

"Hi Celeste. Are you a senior here?"

"Yes and I'm doing theater. I loved your performance today. What I can't understand is why aren't you doing workshops for drama students at all levels?"

"Well I feel privileged to be tutoring freshman. I have taught drama but currently am fulltime in theater."

"My younger sister is a freshman and she says you are amazing."

"Oh and what is her name?"

"Brooke Talbot."

"Oh yes, pretty Brooke who has wonderful diction."

Celeste laughed and said, "Yes, mom was a fiend at attempting to make us speak well but I guess her patience and vigilance is now paying off."

"Look if your mother and sister are interested why don't you drop in at the theater sometime and I'll show you around."

"Mom's dead," Celeste said, her chin lifting.

Chase said kindly, "Damn, life sucks at times doesn't it?"

The chin lowered and Celeste smiled and said, "I should have known you'd be different. Whenever anyone finds out they say they are so terribly sorry and some even want to hug me."

"Well that can seem insensitive but I guess they have sympathy to spare. I had similar experience when becoming a widow. People use to come up to me and talk to me as if my life was over and women would hug me. I just had to grin and bear it and try not to be rude to them because I knew it made them feel better being sympathetic."

"God I never looked at it like that. Perhaps we'll come with our new stepmother if she's interested."

"Perhaps she will be. She could be pleased to be included in one of your interests or is it a passion?"

"It's a passion Miss Martin."

Cathy said, "Celeste has the female lead as Sergeant Irma Fleming, our next production," Kathy said.

"Oh Glenys Cartwright's play about a widow's daughter's homecoming after war service in Iran."

"Yes," said Celeste, looking rather astonished. "It's not a mainstream play. How could you know about it?"

"Like you Celeste I'm passionate. I read plays like some people read books. That's why that passage about Salieri's personal discovery of the genius of Mozart affected me so profoundly because since my early teens I'd read widely hoping to discover words of wisdom or beauty that could shake me to the core. My love of literature preceded my love of theater."

"That is so interesting. Well I'd better go. Bye everyone. Lovely talking to you Miss Martin."

"You have a passionate niece Stanfield. She has that and the looks and apparent drive to do well in whatever she chooses. I regret mentioning the word mother."

"You weren't to know and I thought it was handled brilliantly, by both of you. You appear to be a natural as a tutor and confidante."

Chase thought it was lovely to hear the president say that but it would not count in her favor of being appointed because he would not be a member of the appointment panel for such a minor placement. She had worried she did not have an MBA but Shane had pointed out that like her Cathy had an MBA and yet had been appointed because she'd also had a long practical grounding in real theater.

* * *

The cocktail party ran routinely and the entertainment was provided by a string quartet of students who were very good.

The only shock for Chase, who wore a tight white linen suit and a scarlet shirt and matching color shoes was when a tall woman approaching sixty came up and said, "Hi, I'm Elizabeth. I enjoyed your recent production and marveled that you also took the lead role. Busy lady."

"Thank you. We were pleased it was so successful because the theater hit hard times last year with two of its productions. I believe running two unknown plays successively is high risk and unfortunately both failed to ignite either the actors or the audiences I'm told. I joined the theater four months ago and so am pleased I've helped get the finances back into the black. What part of southern England are you from?"

"Goodness you have a keen ear. I thought it was well buried under my version of a New England accent."

They laughed and Elizabeth said, "I lived in a place I should think you've never heard of, Tyler Hill."

"I tutored in drama one summer in Canterbury. Tyler Hill is near the University of Kent."

"Omigod, you are the first person in this country that I've met who has heard of Tyler Hill although a few have heard of Kent and fewer have passed through Canterbury."

Fiona Ross, professor in lighting and special effects, came up and said, "Hi Chase, I see you have met Elizabeth Hampton, our inspirational leader."

"Leader?"

"Yes Elizabeth is Professor of Theater and Drama which translates into she's our big chief."

"Oh Elizabeth, please excuse me for not knowing who you were."

"You had no reason to know who I was Chase. You will be meeting me officially in two weeks of course. The letters went out today. What intrigues me is how why you are at this function when you are a once-a-week volunteer tutor in an introduction to directing?"

"Chase is Shane Elliot's girlfriend," Fiona volunteered. "Well I'll leave you two to get better acquainted."

"Well you have made quite an impact within this college in very short time Chase."

"I'd call it fortuitous. Um I'm friendly with Shane. He might not welcome me being called his girlfriend with the usual connotations that go with that."

"I dare not ask," Elizabeth chuckled. "Well here comes the president. I'll introduce you."

"Good evening Elizabeth, you are obviously enjoying the company of this remarkable young woman. Hi Chase."

"Good evening Stanfield," Chase smiled and looked up to see the startled look on Elizabeth's face. Oh shit, get out of this.

"Well I guess I should find Kathy. She has asked for my recipe for Supreme de Poulet. I attempted to remember it but left out the port. Bye."

As she walked away Chase heard Stanfield say, "Is there anything that young woman can't do. That's a top dish in French cuisine."

Chase wished she had heard Elizabeth's reply. God the head of theater and drama must think Chase was a right little upstart.

As they were leaving the venue Shane said, "Follow me to the apartment and into the basement close behind me and then turn sharp left. There are six guest parking spots there and usually a couple are empty. I'll wait for you at the elevator. Um did you tell Claire you wouldn't be home tonight?"

"Yes."

"What did she say?"

Chase giggled. "She said how exciting. Take condoms."

Shane said oh dear and laughed.

In the bedroom (Chase had not expected him to be the type to throw her on the breakfast bar and pounce), Shane smiled and said lightly, "Well this is it."

Chase colored thinking why was she blushing and she nodded, showing teeth in a wide smile.

"What should I do?"

Omigod. Didn't he know what... and that's when she saw the curl to his smiling lips. He was teasing her!

"Finger me, jerk yourself off and then push it in for me."

The poor guy's mouth fell open and only closed when she said, "Those were only some suggestions that came to mind. Actually a kiss would be rather nice."

He hurried into that kiss as if afraid she might change her mind and suggest something unwholesome.

It was a beautiful kiss and they spent a little time cooperatively fine-tuning it well.

He purred, "You kiss so beautifully."

Omigod she'd landed a romantic lover!

"Thanks. Is it okay for me to fondle it?"

He nodded.

She almost rubbed his nose gently but decided enough of teasing. She felt him tense and when she had a chunk of it in her hand she cooed, "Oooh hard already" in an approving tone and felt his body relax and he exhaled air across her right ear. Oh the poor guy must have been thinking she would be disgusted to find he had an erection already. Jeepers were the women he usually dated graduates of a chastity institution?

"Unbuckle please."

He complied immediately. Good he was used to obeying females.

She kissed him passionately to divert him while she pushed his pants down with her free hand and finished lowering them with her foot.

"Grab a breast. Squeeze it had if you wish."

She knew he wouldn't squeeze hard but he did, making her eyes water and she almost launched herself at him but managed to just maintain control.

Chase disappeared from his sight, pulling down his briefs as she dropped to her knees and believed when taking the end of the rather impressive sized cock in her mouth, he could be still thinking where had she gone.

"Ch-Chase are you sure? I-I'll put a condom on if you wish?"

Well that was not saying he had something nasty because Shane being Shane would have been much more precise. He was simply working to the principles of BSP (Best Sexual Practice) whereas she was a CBB disciple (Can't Be Bothered). She was probably disgusting him. She sucked hard and jerked her hand along the exposed section of his shaft without answering and Shane groaned and screwed a finger into her left ear and he groaned again and wheezed, "Omigod Chase, that is s-o-o-o wonderful."

She thought it would be. The poor guy probably had never had a cocksucker specialist around his piece before along came Chase.

As she expected they finished early but not before Chase reduced him to a semi-comatose condition. Shane had been plugging away, apologizing for sweating without apparently noticing the sweat oozing out of Chase as she he slowed, puffing and looking very tired, Chase clamped his penis and urged him to come on and she began urging, "Come on, come on!"

She clamped harder and the poor guy, who'd already come twice and that was probably unusual for him, began bellowing like a bull. She released her muscles that were giving his slithering dick such a hard time and banged back at him and his eyes rolled and he yelled "Oh fuck!" and emptied his balls with such force that she distinctly felt the three big releases.

"Blam, blah, whoosh," he blathered, rolling off her back and doing a credible version of looking like a beached dolphin.

"Gee whiz, oh Chase. That was a monumental encounter."

His eyes closed and he was asleep.

Chase grinned and felt a little exhausted herself, quite sure that Shane, with his quite impressive contribution, would have redefined his understanding of what constituted full-on sex. Before today the poor guy probably got off with just with his little sweetheart of the hour cooing, 'Come for me Shane'. He'd cooperated splendidly and she looked forward to assisting to develop his expertise.

She sucked him awake in the morning and Shane courageously asked could she help him to have a tittie fuck (actually using those words) and Chase happily obliged.

Over breakfast Shane said he could not discuss the directing position with her after the weekend because the first interviews commenced on Monday afternoon.

"When do you appear before the panel?"

"Thursday at 5:00. There must be quite a number selected for interview."

"Yes."

Chase took that to mean he either didn't know how many initial interviews were scheduled or else he believed he ought provide that information.

He said, looking very serious, "This is absolutely confidential."

"Okay I promise."

"The old man wants you," Shane almost whispered.

"Who?"

"The president."

"Oh god."

Shane asked could they talk about something else.

"Well yes but after this. Should I succeed and then adopt that 7-year old girl I told you about, would you continue to maintain a friendship with me?"

"More than a friendship I trust."

Chase looked at him almost in surprise and Shane appeared almost bashful. "I have a confession. I am beginning to think about you more and more each day. I'm becoming very attracted to you Chase."

"But you are calm, very intelligent and are a very nice and well-mannered man. God Shane I'm almost your opposite."

He grinned. "Exactly and I'm telling you Chase Martin, you are the only woman I've ever dated that I've never found boring or petty or bearing the idiotic belief that women are superior to men. I mean if you didn't have breasts I rather think I might be unaware you were female."

"Oh yeah?"

He grinned. "That was a poor example to portray how I find you. Perhaps I mean kindred spirits."

"Well that's a nice thought so leave it there. Now that I know you are good at sex I've decided what to say if you ever propose some sort of closer relationship between us."

"You mean marriage?"

"That would be one of the options. What time do you have to leave here this morning?"

"Why?"

"I was wondering would you like to have a bath with me."

"What with sex?"

"That's not a requirement. Have you never bathed with a woman since you were a kid?"

"No."

Chase smiled and said he could be in for a pleasant surprise it the concept of intimacy appealed.

He smiled and said he would go into work later than usual that morning.

The next day Chase when to stay with Jennifer and her husband David and Janie. The females had an excited reunion at the airport and David arrived home early and took them out for dinner.

That night after Janie was in bed and David was in his home office working, Jennifer said, "If you don't mind me saying this but Janie is beginning to make quite close friends and if you don't act soon you might find it difficult to dislodge here from here."

"Oh god."

"Don't panic, just attempt to minimize delay."

"It's Janie's birthday next week, I could attempt a bribe."

Jennifer laughed and said it would have worked for her at that age.

"What does she most desire?"

"A bicycle."

"Is it safe here for kids on bikes?"

"I believe there is no public concern but are kids ever safe on bikes?"

"Could you and David decide whether it would be acceptable to you if I bought a bike for Janie."

I'll ask him now."

Jennifer returned smiling. "We agreed and David said he'd take you out in the morning to pick one out and to prepay for it to be delivered in the early evening of Janie's birthday."

"Oh that's wonderful. You are both so kind to me."

"We want what is best for Janie and know that will be Janie having you as her care-giver. You are her mother's age whereas I'm almost old enough to be her grandmother."

"Bullshit."

Jennifer laughed and pointed out she'd said almost.

* * *

Chase was one of three applicants called back for final interviews.

The interviews were spaced out so none of the candidates saw the other two candidates or even knew who they were.

That evening just before 8:00 Chase's phone went and before she could answer Claire rushed her and hugged and congratulated her.

Heart pounding Chase answered the phone and Professor Hampton said, "Good evening Professor Martin. With an acceptance you will be part of my team following the term break. You were weakest academically of all applicants but strongest by far in theater and with impressive professional achievements. It was felt by the selection panel that I chaired that my department is well endowed by academically qualified people but that none of us could touch you as a topflight practitioner. It was agreed you'll bolster my department no end, and I was first to suggest that. I should say the old man is delighted at your appointment."

Chase said carefully, "The old man?"

"It's our affectionate name for our president."

"This is stunning news Elizabeth... or I am invited to call your Elizabeth?"

"You certainly are."

"And you are prepared to give me my head Elizabeth?"

"Certainly, that is providing you adequately cover curriculum in the process."

"Oh there's no fear of my coming up short on that Elizabeth. It's our mission is to turn out the best educated dramatists who have been pushed no end to discover their strengths and real desires and to convince them that not matter what the opportunities that await them it is they alone who'll shape their destinies."