All Comments on 'Aftermath of The Affair'

by outofshadows

Sort by:
  • 140 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THOSE EVERENDING SHADOWS

remind me of Lamont Cranston. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Hmmm...

I have no idea why the outcome of an old non-descript Erotic Coupling tale drove you to write this sequel. You can tell by reading that this was a well thought out tale with many twists and turns. However, you also took this tale in a direction which showed that all involved turned out to be disgusting cheaters. Revenge fucks don't work, especially when the wife of the asshole lover turns out to be the most insane of all. Still you tried to conclude a tale which shouldn't have an ending since nobody read it anyway.

Four Stars for your hard work

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 8 years ago
ok if you go for RAAC stories

And a fairly decent revenge fantasy. And I stress the fantasy aspect. No one gives a damn about other people's affairs anymore. Politicians get reelected after admitting affairs nowdays.

leviayersleviayersover 8 years ago

enjoyed your tale thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
funny, the ex wife feels the same way

why marry the asshole wimp but his tongue is good so keep him around to lick her clean

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Seriously?

Are you seriously suggesting that after all this hatred and revenge he would take her back and she would agree?

hansbwlhansbwlover 8 years ago
So so far from the spirit of the original.

This was not a good read, I only made it for two pages. The spirit from the original story was not there at all. Why on earth would he get her pregnant with a fourth child if he was so upset.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 8 years ago
OK . . .

It was OK. Nothing special really. A bit wordy, and a bit confusing at times. And it had some strange, weird plot twists which didn't always make sense.

TexasBBTexasBBover 8 years ago
Enjoyed It

I enjoyed the story. Some good BTB elements. I felt the ending was quite plausible.

Nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm Dizzy !

Wow what a circular route to get to where we started ! this Author has potential, but needs to tone down on his style in my humble, not authorian opinion .4 *'s.

the original story, which I hadn't read before this, wasn't a masterpiece to begin with. I do applaud the Author for going back and trying to put a better ending to the original, (where are you Finishthedamnstory?) but really does need to take into to account the sage words of Leonardo Da Vinci , Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication .

That all said , outofshadows , I look forward to future works ! This category needs some influx of new, talented Authors ! Of late I see great promise in you and Mainefiddle heads , Blackrandle1958, morbrand, Vandemonium1 are the ones that come to mind as being promising new LW Authors that I hope continue to hone their craft and share the fruits of their keyboard labors with us !

Merry Christmas to all the Literotica family !

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well done

It was convoluted, odd and I read it all. Head and shoulders above the usual crap in LW. You have great promise as an author. We need you in this genre. The output of the really good authors we've read for years has dropped off and the disgorging of really stupid, gross crap has reached a crescendo. You are a breath of fresh air. Now we just need harddaysknight, KK, cpete and some of the other legends to write a little too (hint hint). Good job. Clean, good command of the language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Happy to vote a 5

I think that this has a lot of what is usually missing in tales of revenge and betrayal. I like that you gave yourself the space to expand on all of your ideas, and felt that most all of the "loose ends" were tied up. Sometimes you read a story and think "what next?" But here, although the future is yet to be written, the reader absolutely was given the full sense of closure being achieved concerning the original betrayal and the events surrounding it. I liked how you made the story and plot MUCH more complicated and intense than what the original author intended.

Quite Simply: I think this was a really outstanding effort! Thank you very much!

I fully expect to read criticisms about the time shifts (present to near past and present to far past). I have to agree, that it WAS the weakest part of the narrative. But your beginning author's notes DO help to explain the motivations behind it, and that helped me to decipher and prevent any lasting confusion.

I DID really enjoy you tying it all together with the seasonal theme, and I think perhaps only a little extra work on the time shift transitions would have made this a flawless victory for you. Perhaps the real score should be 4, considering, but I feel you deserve the extra credit for nailing exactly what kind of story has been needed most around here. And like I said, you really address many details that are usually overlooked in other efforts of the same vein, when they DO manage to appear (like in JPB's most recent few??)

So thanks again for crafting such a well done Christmas entry. Much appreciated, because the hard work you put in to this story really shines through!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Time well spent

I gave it 4stars for the writing and plot not a 5 because I dislike writers who improve others work, I suppose you took it because it was a seasonal work. I enjoyed your drops of British English as they almost made me question your nationality but it did lend more spice to the story as I looked for them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*

Very nice up to the point where Terry entered that bar and met the other husbands. From then on things were a little unbelievable, exaggerated and told in an impersonal style, like a police report.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
I liked it even with some exaggerations...

I liked it even with some exaggerations...3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Enjoyable read

"Did you ever imagine it was him fucking you when we made love?"

That right there haunts every man who had to deal with a cheating wife. And why I was unable to have sex with my wife again after I learned of her cheating with her first boyfriend, who popped her cherry. It was only a few times, I guess needed to remember why they had broke up. It didn't matter to me, I knew from the few questions I asked that while my cock is a respectable 7", his was a bit longer and thicker. When she began to ride it again, that time as a woman married to me, I lost my interest in her.

But we have two kids. Once I confronted her and she admitted having done it, three times by her count and that she also had broken it off, I let her stay. Yet I refused to sleep with her and she moved into the bedroom of our daughter with a small bed we bought. It was uncomfortable for everyone, but the kids soon became accustomed to it.

That was 7 years, 5 months and 2 days ago. We still don't sleep together but we live as roommates instead. I'm reasonably sure she doesn't sleep around but truthfully, I don't care. I have a girlfriend now, FWB basically. We'll stay together until the kids leave for college but until then, I prepare, the same as I assume my wife in name only does also. f846

judge1179judge1179over 8 years ago
5 Stars

I gave this story 5 Stars because it was well told, written and thought out.

I also gave you 5 Stars for pissing off all the Anonymous Commenters who complain about just about every story, especially ones where the husband eventually takes the wife back.

Open invitation to all you Anonymous Commenters who find fault in every story... write your own story and see how people comment on yours. If you can't do that... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!! No body cares that you hate every single story.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Ended up giving this story

a 5 because the cursor jumped from the 4 to the 5 but that's okay. It was a good read and could have gone either way. I can understand that the husband would be devastated by the adultery of his wife especially after seeing and hearing them on tape and I can understand wanting to keep the children grounded. So no initial divorce but after the bullying and the degradation of the kids at school and the fact that she "got" pregnant so close to her sometimes bareback affair doesn't sit well with me. Having the kids aware and become victims too just shows the fall out from an affair. So that reason is out the door. As for "loving" the wife so much he couldn't let her go, well that's kind of emo to say the least. We are not the sum of just our emotions. As a higher lifeform, sometimes, we should be able to use our reasoning powers to get to a place where we can have our own peace of mind and sense of well being while still trying to deal with our emotions. In other words, suck it up bitch, be a reasoning being and move on. As for staying until the baby was tested, I think that would have sunk him as far as the baby was concerned. After having grandkids I have come to realize that babies give off little bursts of pheromones that completely beguile whichever adult is around them and you become completely enamored and a drooling idiot. So that's that.

Thanks for the story, was a good read even if it went over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Merry Christmas

This was a bit of a convoluted story with a mix of good, bad and ugly. The author's choice was reconciliation but he/she did it well. I assume it was a work of fiction but there was a significant amount of plausible reality to it.

Nicely done and screw the anonymous responses that, come hell or high water, simply want to BTB. In this case, she was burned.

Keep writing,

Tiny Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
thanks

good well written story. even with all the pain and betrayal an enjoyable read. thanks

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Yep, Nice Five

Unfortunately the idea of doing her bareback after he found out she was having an affair does not fly for me. But that is not important, the trip was well portrayed, except when in it turned into a commitee operation, and held my attention throughout.

Thanks!

HmunsterHmunsterover 8 years ago
Great Effort

I enjoyed the tale, though a bit wordy and convoluted at times. A good deal of the dialogue between Terry and Julia rang true. Unfortunately the ending did not. Nowhere does Julia demonstrate any kind of remorse. Regret, yes. She regrets getting caught and the impact her affair has on her reputation, the stress on the kids, her husband, etc. But digging deep to understand herself never really happened here and without that, I don't see Terry taking her back.

A good example of this is her suicude attempt. An affair is an act of selfishness. Attempting suicide because you find it tough to face the consequences of your actions is a supreme act of selfishness. Think about your kids at all? Nope. A spouse who is remorseful would understand this and tough it out and do what's right for the betrayed husband. Escaping through suicide is cowardly, selfish, and further devastateds the family. Don't see how Terry could ever take her back.

But good effort. Keep at it. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story

I planned on skipping around, but your story held my full attention. That's the true compliment here,

Threeson

FD45FD45over 8 years ago

I do not like how you told the story from a mechanical aspect (i.e. Jumping around), the story itself worked for the most part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good. Not great, but good.

As previously mentioned, the latter part of the story became a report of what happened, rather than putting us in the moment to experience it as it happened. It read like an outline of what this story could have been if you had the time and energy to portray the events, rather than recounting them as a solo narrative. I acknowledge that's a lot more work, but it would have made your story so much better.

As to the reconciliation, I'm always of the opinion that its a matter of alternatives. If Terry had found a better woman I suspect Julia would still be living in her sister's guest room, until she got the pill thing right. I also wonder if reconciliation is really a final determination, or just the current state of the marriage. Some day Terry might meet a woman who really grabs his attention and imagination. And instead of remembering his marriage vows and responsibilities, he may recall how Julia reacted when she met a man who grabbed her senses and imagination. And who knows what Terry will do then? Julia doesn't, but you can be sure she thinks about it, every time Terry travels, or smiles with appreciation at some new female acquaintance. Yeah, reconciliation is an ongoing process, and I would not bet where Julia and Terry's relationship will end up. So maybe the bitch did not get burned, but she will probably simmer, for the rest of her life. If she and Terry can mature and forgive, then bravo for a saved marriage. If Terry ends happily with a new and better woman, than bravo for Terry, and forget about Julia. However her relationship with Terry ends, she will never regain the self-respect and dignity she threw away for some new exciting cock. No, its never worth it.

And for those who want to equate Terry's affair with Julia's I will claim a legal premise of contract law. Terry and Juila had a marriage contract. When Julia secretly broke the contract she betrayed her vows the marriage agreement was ended. And you can't cheat on a marriage that your partner has nullified through her actions. Julia was cheating on a loyal husband. Terry was cheating on a woman who chose to become another man's slut. I don't approve of Terry's behavior, but it is much less deceitful and unprincipled than Julia's. And at that point it was not cheating, it was just payback in a coin Julia first minted.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
odd word choices and grammar

From some word choices and phrasing I suspect that English (whether British or otherwise) is not your native language.

I have never seen the term 'the garden route' used by a writer before.

'the scenic route' yes.

'the garden path' yes, but for other purposes.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
don't know why....

So, has anyone been able to figure out why they even have a baby?

Other than because the writer needed one to move the story in the planned direction it makes no sense at all.

Needed a 'magic baby' to put them back together?

Why would he have unprotected sex with her?

Why would he have sex with her at all?

He has anger and contempt for her and another better lover at the time.

RhomanovRhomanovover 8 years ago
****

Not bad. A bit of a "template" style and could have used a bit more emotion. Still a decent read. It all came together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I have written several times

@Good. Not great, but good. Anon

I agree 100%. Not only the cheated on spouse has trust problem, but the cheater spouse. What is the limit to resist agains a seduction from another woman as Becky.

The marriage is mutual agreement if you are faithful I am faithful as well. If you cheats I am free for extramarital affairs too..........

Duna

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Why Bother?

Most marriages get to the point of resigned indifference that leads to a sort of inertia that keeps the couple together. That is bad enough. In this case, this selfish bitch actively destroyed her marriage and dragged her husband and her family into a domestic hell. Why bother with her? The kids hated their slut mother. She shamed her whole family. Why not let her drift away? She didn't love them more than her own ego. Let her go live with her ego and see how much joy that brings her. Being stuck with her for the rest of your life is self destructive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Long and Boring

1*

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Well...

I liked it. Thank you.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 8 years ago
Very well done, I like it too

Great story of redemption, excellent writing, tone and tenor. xoxoxo Annette

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
Let's work on it together

Work on what? I don't recollect the most basic issues addressed or "owned" with out some sort of mitigation. I would like for it to work out but this left a foul taste in my mouth. Higher order thinking skills are not abundant is this tale. Nor are the basic truths of what marriage is or what morality is. More the of the Johnathan LIvingstone Seagull mindset that somehow each of us defines our own truth.

sad. pop-psychology without responsibility or cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Real relationships,It's not just about me

All the 'players' in the family, kids, father, mother and abused husband and abusing wife (the affair) had a part in this. Not easy for any one, especially for the father, then the husband, We don't know what we would do in this situation until we were there and the additional faces looking at us.

outofshadowsoutofshadowsover 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

For everyone who has left feedback, either in the comments or through email, thank you. Even for feedback that wasn't positive. Always appreciate opportunities to improve!

Juggling a full time job plus my other interests and the writing has been difficult and while it's no excuse for poor writing, I hope it will help in encouraging patience on the part of fellow writers and readers regarding the regularity of posting and on stories I've promised work on to various writers. I really need a break so I'll be disappearing for a while after the festive year end.

@Tw0cr0ws

Thank you for your comment. If you meant by "not native speaker" that I'm not white, well, you're right. I'm x% non-white. If by the same term you're inferring that I speak other languages, yes I do speak several languages. Is there linguistic pollution? You bet. But if you're referring to me thinking instinctively in a language other than English, that would be erroneous. Still I'm fairly amused because this would be one of those occasions that people judge me without knowing my background, which is a relief :p As for the "garden route" term, I was wondering when someone would pick up on that lol. I did put scenic route in the original draft but decided to replace it, not much of scenic viewing in the darkness of night don't you think? My wacky sense of humour decided that garden route was better because the intention was to have them abandon the clothes of the 2 adulterers along the way, a kind of trail of sin for the cops to follow eventually. The image of clothes strewn across college gardens after every great party, read drunken party, is something that never fails to make me laugh. So this is a ironic version of that. Ok, back to the plot. Subsequently, it made more sense to change that to giving those clothes to the homeless colony since that means more effective destruction of evidence. So that was something that should have been edited out but I was too "script blind" at that stage.

As for the comments about the youngest child/baby, that was a fact in the original story. Where possible, I prefer to keep the original work's structure and work on my version of consequences that result from the action in the original story. Basically, those of my stories which are sequels to other writers' work are about consequences.

So if you don't like sequels, you might not like my next stories since as I've mentioned in replies to comments on my earlier stories that the next few at least are stories that I've asked permission or promised to write sequels for. And they'll be "emo" because LW stories just either make me furious or sad. A big reason why I avoided the genre till now. Darn! I knew I should have stayed away! Then again hindsight is always 20/20. ^_~

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a rare treat

a BTB with a happy ending for the adulterous wife and her husband as a couple

didn't think it was doable actually

good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
While I liked it and enjoyed that you....

...left the "happily ever after" open to a boatload of challenges for them.....I suffer from a lingering anger that you allowed Becky to escape any serious retribution for her blackmail and betrayal of each and every victim of her husband's (and her) perfidy. I think dealing with her in a much more direct way would have left a more defined sense of justice in her case.

Imperfect, like real life and well presented, I found the descriptions of the fallout from Becky's "outing" all the wives rung true.

But it seems there might have been more described impact on the men, both personally and professionally. Beyond the personal pain, self doubt and angst, being identified as an unwilling cuckold often brings retributive effects in husbands' workplace and social life. It might be similar to what their children garner at school, perhaps more subtle but more institutional.

Beyond that, a great story, IMO.

Thanks for the view into your imagination.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 8 years ago
An interesting story...

... which would have had a certain uniqueness without the often confusing and mostly annoying timeline changes. Overall, though, a good story that might have been great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So much pain ,destroyed lives, one reconciliation

This was a very good story ,different from the rest of burn the bitch stories, at least a destroyed life is healed and hopefully moving forward. This Dan was a predictor who preyed on weak vernable women, it could happen to a lot of us. So why not find forgiveness after so many years together if possible especially if you and she had a loving relationship before she or he succumbed to a pro womanizer. We are not perfect and all of us have weaknesses. Destroying each other is easy. Building or repairing a damaged human is hard but attainable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
For the kids

That's the worst excuse that anyone ever made.

Children aren't necessarily better off with two parents in the mix, particularly this kind of noxious mix. This comes from someone who watched his parents stay together after one of them was unfaithful, and they stayed together for the "kids". It was hell.

It was a good story, but I won't rate it because the reconciliation just makes me feel like vomiting.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
@outofshadows

If you need to explain the joke in an idiom or turn of phrase, than no one else will be in on the joke. So if you only care about pleasing yourself, continue. Otherwise, don't. Just...don't.

@ I don't like reconciliation stories: He warned you. You read it anyway. Take some responsibility.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
Have to agree with sugna.

However I loved seeing Dan get his comeuppance! Julia though, why?

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Hard to burn the bitch when kids are involved....

It's complicated and very hard to totally burn the bitch when kids are involved, especially when there are small kids in the mix. Sometimes you have to accept the pain simply because you must for the children's sake. This particular story is not what I would consider to be one where the husband rolls over and gives up both his dignity and his manhood to a bitch that fully intends to continue cheating on him. So in that sense it's not your typical reconciliation story on literotica. This story fully explored the rocky road that hits those who try to stay together after cheating happens. The story ended with the husband saying they would have to work on a future together. That, while giving hope, does not ensure success, and in it's own way emphasizes the fact that the relationship will never be what it was before she cheated. Good story, and a good example of why every story doesn't have to have cheaters left dead to be a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4*s

Very entertaining story outofshadows . The characters were developed enough for the readers . They drew us into emotional strife . Your dialogue was mediocre . Fortunately the action and pace of the plot kept the story lively and touching .

Until the last page . Emotional impact , drama it just disappeared . It just was you telling us the ending through the husband ,Dan . Nevertheless I award you 4*s ,this was the best story this week. Yes, I use a sliding scale ,lol.

Now that you are taking a break after the winter holidays outofshadows . I recommend you go to a uni ,college here in the U. S. Take couple of writing courses , maybe creative writing too. We could all enjoy the improvement .

Thanks for the story . Keep working on your craft . Good luck.

AMerryman

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Thanks

Well written and well developed story. A great job of describing the feelings of the cheated on spouse. I liked to how you allowed the wife to go from trying to avoid guilt from the behavior to complete self honesty. That is top notch writing.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 8 years ago
Thanks

Actually, you did three things stories here never do. You made everyone feel what they were feeling in the story. You then pulled a btb story which was excellent. Then you followed with her breakdown and then with forgiveness. I hope you keep writing as you are truly talented. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
doesn't fit with the original

The original ended with typical British acceptance of infidelity. Yes it is British not American by several clues in the original. Suddenly angry Terry and a group of wronged cucks is just too over the top and the writing isn't solid enough to make it gel. 3 stars.

osean1osean1over 8 years ago

I really liked that the story line was more honest and real with your depictions of the aftermath of a cheating spouse. A lot of stories will have a few chapters of how terrible it is and then go on as nothing ever happened.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To learn the definition!

If a cheated on husband divorces his cheater wife that ex husband IS NOT CUCK!

He is single man again only. To learn, to learn, to learn the definition!

If the cheated on husband does not divorce his cheater wife that husband is...........

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lets add Terry

To chuck category. WHAT A WIMP!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
another sissy wimp husband and a heartless Cunt wife story

Pathetic!

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
I'm with FD45...

I thought the flipping back and forth was tedious, but you gave it a good shot so it doesn't really impact my overall opinion. That was a confusing statement wasn't it.

My biggest question and concern was your decision to write this as a follow up to what was a very mediocre 'erotic coupling' story. I bet you would have done a better job if you had created your own infidelity opener.

I gave you a five, but I usually five everything anyway. This was an earned five though.

You threw in a lot of blather in a comment. Being multilingual means very little as long as the writer is consistent. You were. I was a little ashamed of you when you seemed to hide behind the fact you had to work as well as write. We all have the same problem. It sounded kind of like the kid who's getting a low grade in Algebra.

''Gee Mr. Clampett my grades are low because my parents don't understand me.''

''Well gosh Henry this low grade will be your big chance to reopen the lines of communication with mom and dad. Especially after they take the keys to your Mustang away.''

Keep writing!

Jedd Clampett

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 8 years ago
Good sequel not written by the original author

Usually in these cases the new author goes off on a rant and completely distorts the original characters. This seems to stay true to the original.

However, I did find the plot convoluted, and the flipping back and forth in time to be confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent sequel 5*

Interesting and well written. A good balance between revenge and reconciliation with the wife showing true remorse and the husband loving forgiveness of a despicable betrayal.

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
Nope

Why get involved again with someone who hurt his family so much, who gave no shit about what her actions would cause? Since I'm not a fan of masochistic reconciliation stories, I'm going to give this a 1.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 8 years ago
I enjoyed it, but . . .

I agree with some of the other reviewers, that it became a bit confusing jumping around to different times. While the descriptive paragraphs were interesting, though a bit long, I would rather have had more dialogue. Good writing generally and an interesting story. Thanks very much. 5*

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

"The only thought that was in my mind was that I had to do this for myself, I needed to feel alive again, attractive, wanted, desired.” – And of course, you’d be COMPLETELY understanding if HE needed to feel “attractive, wanted, desired” and had an affair, right?

“the answer to which deluded her thus far” – That’s ELUDED.

I don’t understand Becky’s problem – If the CHEATING wife can essentially clean out the innocent husband, then why can’t the innocent wife clean out the CHEATING husband?

“that Daddy had dated during Mommy's absence” – Weren’t they divorced at that time?

AffecteffectAffecteffectabout 8 years ago
Good story

This was a good story and I enjoyed reading it.

You carried a lot of detail along with the plot, but that’s hard to do. The problem I have is with Becky’s revenge. She got Jenkinson’s help in videoing Dan’s ”new” activities. Why would Jenkinson help her out? Even if that were the case, how would she have videos of Julia if she only started using cloud storage after the evidence disappeared from her computers?

cw2216cw2216about 8 years ago
Cheating and revenge?

Your introduction of revenge ruined your story. A marriage partner not in love with his/her spouse will have sex promiscuously whenever there is both desire and opportunity - get over it, as that is the way Homo sapiens are wired! Moreover, revenge makes future requited love with the errant spouse impossible. The bottom line is that acting out revenge ensures that the wronged spouse will never again feel both love and loved with a future partner.

grabmyballsgrabmyballsabout 8 years ago
Revenge Is Good

I liked the revenge he dealt out. It could have been even more drastic, in my opinion. That just makes the tale more satisfying. The only thing there was too much of for me was all the sadness and regret on both their parts. And why didn't she ever wholeheartedly apologize and show her remorse out loud?

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
NO MATTER IF YOU DO OR YOU DONT

Pain like the tide keeps on coming, TK U MLJ LV NV

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Revenge

Is revenge a solution or a salvation for the cheated on spouse ?I personally don't think so,it might give you satisfaction but after the dust settles down will you feel better ? very debatable

You want a divorce ? ok do it and distance yourself from your spouse and move on with your life,if you have children think of the repercutions that may result of a revenge because either way they are the true victims

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
what was her plan?

When she was so disappointed when she found out that lover-boy Dan was married, what was her plan?

Was she thinking of running off with him?

With or without her children?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Dont eat that Elmer smells like horse shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Another unfinished one

You cannot finish a story. Always you leave the reader guessing what happens. A disservice to your characters and us

You right good, but damn your endings suck.

A five for the story, a one for the ending, a 3.

Damn it should've been more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Ouch!

Not so much fun when everyone knows your a slut huh?

Gave it a 4.

Liked this one a lot more than the original but Julia needed to develop and do more work to repair herself and her fractured family.

She suffered the penalties for her whoring but needed to work her ass off to earn her family after shitting on them.

DamagedDudeDamagedDudealmost 8 years ago
Show, don't tell

It' much better if you show the actions of your characters, rather than telling about them.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago

Yes, it's a basic error many amateur writers never manage to overcome, telling too much, and not showing enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
use your talents

Visit Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Serial unpenitant cheating wife.

Info on profile is why she is no longer a college instructor in Helena Montana. Describes how she coerced married male student into affair.

More evidence is available on request. Seems she liked talking about her affairs. She also enjoyed, according to emails and IM driving her 60 mile commute home while her student's second load oozed onto her panties. Her husband worked out of town all week most of year for railroad repairing track. Would return home Friday wanting his weekly bj. One afternoon she had lost track of time, hours slipped away as lover's very wide and 8 inch cock had been used as the saddle horn she went cowgirl up on to grease allowing her multiple orgasms. As she was fixing her make-up wearing only a towel around her hips he had begun fondling her insistent on at least another bj before she left. She tied to deter him and got dressed but he pulled her into the bed area of the dingy apartmented she had recently rented as a love nest. She loved the fact it was above a truck repair shop and the mechanics could her her cries for lover to slap her ass and call her a whore.

He positioned her on the blow up mattress-she who was regardeded as oh so refined-50 year old grandmother fully clothed sucking a younger man's growing erection when her cell phone rang. Her husband was home-it was after five pm where was she. Her student pulling up her skirt but resisting the urge to slide inside her while she tslked to husband. When call ended she tried to get up claiming her husband was waiting, but did not resist as he gently pushed her back, flipped up her skirt and pulling he bikini pnties aside thrust into her. Her nasty personality came out. She had told her lover she and husband did not have sex and had been caught in lie which ired him. Then she smirked and asked him if he enjoyed''fucking in his own cum'' he started to violently thrust in her causing her to gasp. She had told him before when he rammed himself fully in it felt like his cock was coming out her mouth he was that thick and he was so muscular that the force made her feel like his penis was blocking her throat

After he snide comment, on his final thrust he growled to her, TAKE THAT HOME TO YOUR HUSBAND. He could feel her pussy quiver and saw her eyes grow wide in response to his statement. Then he pulled her panties back in place trapping his semen, pulled out his cock slimy with the evidence of five hours of screwing and wiped that evidence off on her skirt, noting that it would be easiy visible against the black material and smiled at the size of the stain

As soon as she arrived home she sent an email describing her chills

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 8 years ago
4*

Interesting read and angle with blackmail from the other man's wife.

Pretty costly to act like a slut I would say.

WoodyKCWoodyKCalmost 8 years ago
Thanks

Possibility of reconciliation is for fools and scum. I appreciate you not wasting my time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4.5 Top 25 read

Hope is always better than hate. Even in other stories where the marriage was destroyed, the men tried to rebuild and not become as hollow shells. It is never easy.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Too Much

Revenge was overly lengthy, complicated, and convoluted. I can't decide if addition of spouse of predator as additional antagonist was good/bad. Therefore, its a new and interesting twist. Loss of anger seems too abrupt considering the additional stress of post affair disasters. Hate can't be turned off like a light switch no matter how much you want it to be. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
for real life true story of serial cheating wife

Visit Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com. Married female lost her job as college instructor in Helena Montana when her sexual harassment and coercion of student was made known to college administrator

gmann57gmann57over 7 years ago

If I had the chance to see my wife one more time arose I would jump on it. RIP Nancy

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Second read

Good writing but Julia had no right to be angry about problems in their reconciliation or Terry fucking Becky or other women after their divorce.

She is a truly stupid and entitled cheating bitch.

I couldn't be married to her but probably wouldn't have been attracted to her in the first place.

Stupid, entitled bitches are about as attractive as hemorrhoids.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Fair

“After all, it was Terry's preoccupation with work and the stress that he had been suffering that took its toll on his libido and caused a rift in their marriage.” – Huh? Nothing was said in the original story that Terry wasn’t “taking care of business” at home! Not that it would excuse her cheating, but it would at least give it some context.

“Surely I'm entitled to a little pleasure, however selfish it might be.” – Only if you allow Terry the same option!

“I just wanted to feel attractive again." – This is getting SO old! You are a supposedly happily married person; what does it matter if ANYONE else finds you attractive?

“we've been together for more than 10 years, things were starting to get routine, monotonous." – And what has SHE done to get things out of the routine, and how has she reacted to any attempt that HE has made to make things more exciting?

“I needed to feel alive again, attractive, wanted, desired.” – Again, WHY? Since you SHOULDN’T be “on the market”, why do you need to be attractive?

“Julia recalled the disappointment she felt when she found out Dan was married” –

Why should she be disappointed? She wasn’t planning on leaving Terry, right? SO why should Dan being married matter to her?

Nothing was said about their sex life - Did she open up more to other activities? I would certainly insist on more variety, oral with swallowing, maybe anal, some initiation by her, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not one likable character.

The wife is a cheating whore. The liver is a diseased serial asshole.

The cheated wife is a diseased slut.

The husband gets his revenge by joining his wife in . Adultery because apparently their the kids need parents.

The conspirators violently assure a woman for cheating. Then cover up their sluts affairs while screwing one of their own in a stupid conspiracy. Yes, it is their fault what happened with Becky. His kids suffer while their wives go free.

I like BTB but you fucked this up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
While I appreciate the effort to put closure to an unfinished story

This was a failure. Unlikable characters abound. Unreasonable actions were rampant.

Unbelievable outcome. Not good.

shaman43shaman43over 7 years ago
Revenge

caused more pain to the innocent than the original sin. Here too frequently we read too many cliche's about men and how to get back at folks messing with them. I like the stories that show a life well lived much better.

chytownchytownover 7 years ago
Very Entertaining Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Long winded drivel. Write your own stories, maybe you have but you can't seem to since all I find are boring follow up to OTHER writers work. 1*

StormKing33StormKing33over 7 years ago
5* Realistic Story and Characters

Proof that revenge, tho satisfying, cannot replace lost love.

Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5*. Excellent read!

Great story; far better than its predecessor. An in-depth look at the feelings and emotions in the aftermath of an affair. Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Frank Redmont

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Holy crap monkies! That went on and on and on.

It turned into a convoluted mess. And it was populated with some really unlikable characters. Which made it difficult to read. In the end I'm not sure they survive as a couple. Too much water under the bridge. They really need to move elsewhere and start over. A new start for everyone might save their relationship. Way too wordy to be a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another apologist story for a cheating wife...

It's always the same stuff, right? "Oh, I cheated because you work too much." "I discovered a wrinkle and wanted to feel young." "Oh, I'm premenopausal and my hormones were out of control." "Oh, you don't tell me I'm gorgeous every day." "Oh, I flirted with him just for fun and then suddenly..." "Oh, I'm tired of being a housewife and mother." "Oh, our sex was boring, we were in a rut." "Oh, you're too busy to lick my toes like you used too." "Oh, I'm so damn vain that I have to hunt down strangers to tell me I'm pretty because you're my husband so it doesn't count coming from you."

Sometimes I wonder how men can even put up with women.

luedonluedonalmost 7 years ago
Not a bad list of Cheating Wife Excuses, Anonymous

And, as you say, Anonymous, "It's always the same stuff, right?"

That's because they are excuses. They rarely are reasons. Reasons are much deeper and far more difficult to determine.

So what do Cheating Husbands use as their excuses? And what are their reasons?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Luedon

They're always the same because they're not realistic, and most LW authors are terribly unoriginal in creating cheating sluts who are always wildly crooked, yet weirdly honest about their "doing it for the excitement" (great stock reason for lazy authors), and are almost always grief stricken at the loss despite being admittedly unloving. Bipolar authors.

In reality, its usually either a shitty complete lack of moral compass or seeking emotional fulfillment due to alienation or lack of emotional intimacy. There's a reason for high rates of divorce today, and its because men and women have become stupid assholes. LW projects a world where divorce is an oddity that is the result of dumn sluts cheating on saintly husband, and the rare cheating husband is always justified. I think ive seen literally one Burn the Bastard story on here.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Then

show us how it's done.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Great story I thought

Well written and a great concept. I felt vindicated and could live with the story's conclusion. I don't suppose there are too many who would agree with me about possibly going a bit over the top with his vengeance. I've read many comments in LW category and many commentators seem to feel what I perceive as to be overly fair and rational...Like leaving the wife with the house or divvying up assets 50/50 because of "the good years". Maybe people are more compassionate than me.. IDK. IDC. I kind of get a kick out of the women who say "Do you hate me that much?". With me, there is never enough vengeance til the recipient is dead or completely broken and with out hope. Then perhaps I could soften my stance and help them up but I would never treat or wish them well in their future. They are the enemy. Take them out and shoot them (figuratively) or let them wither on the vine. The cruelty of man seems unbounded. PTSD isn't caused or found at the country club sucking up Long Island tea. It comes from the hopelessness, numbness in a mind shattered beyond repair. It is hard to live as a broken person but we often put ourselves in harm's way. I don't know if that is just desserts or not. In any and every case, We are all in this alone. It will pas...

That's just me....shoot me. Really liked the story. 5*s

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous 08/18/17 Re: "Another apologist story"

"Oh, I'm so damn vain that I have to hunt down strangers to tell me I'm pretty because you're my husband so it doesn't count coming from you. THAT'S the one that REALLY raises my hackles! If he DOESN'T say those things, he's an insensitive clod, if he does, it's "Oh, you're my husband you have to say that."

Another one that you sort of hinted at is, "I wanted to feel attractive." I always say, "Why?" You're not trying to attract anyone, are you?

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
When is BYB not BYB?

Answer: When all the other wives end up divorced, humiliated, drunks, and depressed outcasts but Julia who is just as guilty as the rest ends up with her husband and family trying to rebuild their marriage.

Frankly, I would have preferred the reverse. At least the BYB advocates would be satisfied and the RAACs would be placated with several “wins”. I can imagine the diehard RAACs being upset when perhaps a half a dozen cheating wives get burned at the stake.

Said another way, if the destruction of the life of each cheating wife was detailed to the same extent as Julia’s reconciliation, this would be a classic BYB.

One sees in this story how the bias of the author predicts the story’s ending while disregararding the collateral damage of the plot on numerous others both equally guilty or completely innocent e.g. the children of the broken families.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Well written

Well written with good character development. Thanks for a great story. .

robt1157robt1157over 6 years ago
Hard to say.....

Can't honestly say what I would have done in this case. I'd like to think I would have helped her out like he did, maybe even let her stay around just to have something fuck, but I don't think I could ever love, trust, or respect her again. Maybe it would be enough for her, but I doubt it.Then figure in me meeting someone and feelings take hold, and you have another fine mess. So what is a totally innocent man to do?

desertdog43desertdog43almost 6 years ago
A LITTLE BIT....

Like a big helping of real life for some no doubt...Well done...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I’m Out

I read about a third of the story and realized that if what the author said at the beginning, that the bridges had already been burned, and that there was a possibility of reconciliation, was true? Then this story was a big waste of my time. The first third of the story was spent laying out all her transgressions, all her cheating. To even suggest reconciliation is insulting. 1 star, just for the trouble of posting it.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Didn't think it needed it.

I got here and read the intro, so went off and read The Affair and honestly didn't and still don't think it ended with a cliffhanger and didn't NEED a follow up.

However, it was open enough to be interpreted and I think you have done a good job in doing so. Generally it feels fairly realistic, the breaking and entering, the assaults (Dan and Mrs Miller), the lack of assault (Becky), all seem to be stretching it a little.

I didn't understand why all the wives were served, that part was almost like group fever and especially after what Becky did, I would have thought even in their individuals struggles to deal with everything else most would have battened down the hatches to protect everyone they love or loved from the fallout.

Julia's leaving the home seemed a little confusing and I had to read it over a couple of times.

Julia seems a very unstable person either needing to have an affair or being gullible enough to have one and to attempt suicide, Terry is going to have his work cut out.

To others asking why Julia is the only one to get off, we only know about a couple of them, so there may have been other reconciliations that we are not told of.

For me a good story that draws me in and keeps me reading is more important that BTB, RAAC or any other acronym you want throw at it, this one ticked that box for me, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I didn’t care much for this story. I never thought that the original story needed any follow up.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous