Alienation of Affection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This time Carol had to shake her head. "I had six or seven bets and didn't win a single hand. Dom said that Blackjack obviously wasn't my game and that it would be silly to give all my winnings back. He wanted to call it a night. I don't know if he was genuinely concerned or just was eager to get me back to our room. I think my luck would have changed again but by this time Dom had only three or four of his own chips left so I agreed to pack up. When we cashed up, I tried to give all the money back to him but he said it was my winnings. Instead I tried to return my original stake but he wouldn't take that either, saying that he had expected me to lose and had waved that cash goodbye as he gave it to me. The moment that we had a bit of privacy, I threw my arms round him and gave him a big thank you kiss."

I had been pleasantly distracted hearing of her successful gambling spree but now we were getting to the crux of her story and I felt my guts tightening in anticipation. My foreboding wasn't helped by the fact that the look of elation had faded from my wife's face to be replaced by a more sober expression.

"I'm sorry Doug, I know I said that I was going to hold back but I didn't," she said quietly. "I gave myself to him completely. I don't know if it was the excitement or because I felt so grateful for the money but it seemed the natural thing to do. I couldn't stop myself."

"How many times has he fucked you?"

"Three times altogether and before you ask, we only did missionary. Dom said he wanted to let me get used to him before we tried anything more adventurous."

"Did he make you cum?"

Carol nodded and I'm sure that it was a dreamy look which flooded her face. "The first time we did it I had an absolutely massive orgasm, the biggest one ever, but I'm sure that was all due to the situation. The second time I had several small orgasms compared to that huge one but that fuck lasted a whole lot longer. For a long time we lay not moving but with him deep inside me. I kept squeezing him with my cunt muscles and he made his cock swell and twitch. We took it in turns. He also liked to talk a lot. In particular he wanted to know the things you do to me that I particularly like."

"I hope you didn't tell him all my secrets," I butted in, not really joking.

"Course not. I told him that he would have to find that sort of stuff out for himself. He didn't seem at all bothered by the idea," Carol added with a grin.

"What about the third time?"

"That was just a quickie the next morning," my wife explained. "We overslept and had to rush so that we could check out on time and make it to the appointment with the client. Nothing was signed and they only talked for about fifteen minutes so I honestly don't see why they couldn't have done it over the telephone."

"Did you use condoms?" That was the first question I should have asked and I couldn't believe that I hadn't.

"I know that I said we would but we didn't," Carol admitted, "I completely forgot the first time and there didn't seem much point in starting after that."

"I know you're on the pill but you might have caught something," I objected.

"No I couldn't. While we were having dinner at my interview, Dominic showed me a certificate that he was free of STDs."

That was effectively the end of the conversation and not long afterwards we went to bed. Some might think that I would have wanted to reclaim my wife but sex was the last thing on my mind because I was in the grip of a deep depression. Not only had my wife had sex with a man other than me but I also had to accept that Carol had fucked him back. I didn't escape that despondency until I argued that, expecting her to lie passively thinking of England as he poked his big dick inside her was never a realistic proposition. I could understand how those winnings had affected her feelings this time but I could also see that if she continued to have regular sex with Dom, it was almost inevitable that we would have reached this same point sooner or later.

Next day my mood was completely different, undoubtedly helped by Carol's happy buoyancy. She was smiling, singing and almost skipping from room to room but I didn't get quite onto her wavelength until the Monday, after I had cleared the mortgage arrears and all other outstanding bills. It was a wonderfully liberating feeling not having that burden of debt always niggling away at the back of my mind. Normal sexual relations were resumed but they were far from normal, filled with even hotter passion than I remembered from our honeymoon days. This state of euphoria lasted for a full three weeks until we were on the countdown to her next weekend away.

My tension steadily increased day by day but I rather assumed that I was alone in this until, during the Wednesday evening, Carol suddenly blurted out, "You know I'm finding it harder now that I did the first time, when in theory it should be a lot easier. Then I was digging us out of a hole and I could feel good about that but now that crisis has passed so I'll be just fulfilling an obligation. Also, last time, after winning all that money, everything seemed like a dream but there won't be any distractions this time and I'm going to be away for two whole nights with him not just one."

We talked it through, including the benefits already received and decided that we had done the right thing. At the end we were both in a far better frame of with me being particularly helped by Carol reminding me, 'It is only sex'. At the end of discussion, she said, "Like last time, I doubt if I will be in the mood for sex tomorrow night, so if you want me you better do it now."

On the Friday evening the kids played me up about going to bed, due to missing a goodnight kiss from their mother, with the result was that I finished physically tired and fell asleep the moment that my head touched the pillow. Saturday night was a different matter. My parents had taken the kids overnight so I was left alone in the house with nothing to do but brood and in bed I was troubled by a persistent erection. I felt rather ashamed about this until I persuaded myself that it was simply due to sexual deprivation and not inspired by thoughts of what my wife was undoubtedly doing. I refused to masturbate and as a result lay awake for rather a long time.

I was looking out of the window as Carol parked in front of the house. I'm not saying that she appeared as exuberant as on her first return but she certainly looked extremely relaxed as she retrieved her small suitcase from the trunk and strode briskly into the house. "We went to Paris and it was wonderful," she told me over the heads of the two small bodies clinging to her legs.

Again I had to wait until our offspring were safely settled in bed before I got a full debrief but my wife did pass on a snippet of information before then. "You won't believe this; on the second day we went up the Eiffel Tower to see the view," she started. "At first we were in an empty lift and Dom was saying that he was going to have me on the way up. I'm sure he was joking but I'll never know because a lot of other people flooded in at the last moment, so he couldn't. I was very relieved but also possibly a little bit disappointed. I don't know where he gets the nerve." Carol seemed excited by the memory but her story left me with a vague feeling of unease.

When were sitting with glasses of wine in our hands, Carol opened the conversation with the news, "Dom licked my pussy for the first time and I've got to say that he's almost as good as you are." She seemed unconscious of the fact that I might not exactly welcome this news.

"Anything else new?"

"We did the cowgirl, I don't remember the name but I was bouncing up and down on Don's cock while facing towards him. Actually we did that both days."

That item launched me into a barrage of questions, including 'How did it feel? What did you say to each other? What were you thinking? It was this last question that provoked an adverse reaction, as Carol said with a touch of irritation, "Doug, I was thinking about what I was doing and there just wasn't time to remember all this stuff that you seem to want to know." Despite her sudden reticence, I still came away with the knowledge that they hadn't used condoms; she had a lot of orgasms from several sessions of intercourse and that that he squirted a lot more cum than I did. This time I did claim my conjugal rites but had to go slowly when she said she was a little bit sore 'down there'.

During the weeks before the next time we continued to enjoy a higher incidence of intercourse along with enhanced passion, but I still faced our next separation with a greater sense of dread because her destination was Rome and she would be away for three nights. I could in a way see that this balanced the single night of her first time but was resolved to complain if it happened again in the future. One little mental quirk I must mention. Before that first time my big issue was the loss of exclusivity but looking back that now seemed almost an irrelevance.

It was one of the truer laws of life that if you are looking forward to something it takes forever to arrive but when you are anticipating a less than pleasant experience, the opposite is true. Before I knew it, Carol's next weekend away was almost upon us. There was no conversation worth repeating but something that acquired later significance is that I didn't even attempt sex on the night before her departure.

That long weekend with my wife away was a nightmare during which I hardly slept and had a constant twisted feeling in my gut. I instinctively felt that something had changed but couldn't put my finger on what that might be. Something had certainly upset me. One thing was I suspected that, instead of reluctance, Carol had actually looked forward to her time away this time, one clue being that she packed her case three days ahead, instead of at the very last moment as she had on the first two occasions. Perhaps my unease was caused by the realisation that these absences would continue regularly every month into the future or maybe it was all simply due to that extra day.

When my wife got home, the only word to describe how she looked is 'tired' and I told her as much. "Well I have been very busy," she said. "Dom has a lot of clients near Rome so I expect I'll be going back there in the future."

Being a Monday, I had been at work all day and unable to prepare a meal so I'd got an Indian takeaway and kept it warm in the oven. While we were eating, seeming a bit more relaxed and perky, Carol started enthusiastically describing her time away. "After Dom met his client in an office overlooking the Coliseum, he took me to a place called Ostia about fifteen miles away. Two thousand years ago it was the main port of Rome but it got silted up and now it is over three kilometres from the sea. After a good look round the ruins we spent the rest of the weekend at a place over looking the beach and the Tyrrhenian Sea. Dom knows a whole lot about history and he was telling me all about Messalina, the wife of the Emperor Claudius. They had been forced to marry before he became Emperor, when she was still young and he was already an old man. She soon started cheating on him and had dozens and dozens of lovers. Some people thought that he knew and turned a blind eye but then she went too far. One day when Claudius was in Ostia for the day, Messalina organised a huge sex orgy party at the palace and actually went through a marriage ceremony with another man. She was quickly found out and finished up with her head cut off. Dominic said that he thought I was as hot as she must have been, he may be rather arrogant at times but he does sometimes say very flattering things."

Carol was putting on a cheerful chatty front but, looking into her eyes, I sensed that there was something bothering her and later, when I began my interrogation she seemed even more reluctant to answer me. In fact, after only two questions, she said angrily, "I don't get why you want to know the details anyway. Frankly I think it's a bit sick, I'm beginning to think that you actually get off on hearing what another man is doing to me." I was shocked by her remark. My questions were an attempt to retain a modicum of control and I had never even considered that they were capable of a prurient interpretation.

That little outburst ruined the mood and we exchanged very few words for the rest of the evening. I don't think I would have tried for sex but in what I took as a peace offering, although saying she was too bruised and sore, Carol offered to suck me off instead. I possibly foolishly opted to wait. Lying waiting for sleep I found that the worries, which had gripped me for the past three days, had not yet abated.

On the Friday evening of the second week after her return, arriving home I found a gleaming red, two seater Subaru parked where my wife's much tattier vehicle usually stood. Inside I found Carol with smiles all over her face, "What do you think of my new car?" she asked expectantly

"It looks nice but I don't understand?"

"I've been at the firm for exactly three months and the car is a sign that I've passed my probationary period. It's not actually brand new but I love it. Dom gave me the afternoon off to drive round and get used to it."

That was the first that I'd heard about a probationary period but I let it go. Carol continued to enthuse about her new car. She said that she had always drawn attention from other drivers but in this new vehicle it seemed that every male on the road wanted to drive alongside, either waving or tooting his horn. With a smile she said how good it felt to put her foot on the gas and blow them all away. Something about her excess happiness compared to my permanent twisted feeling got to me. I suspected that she was getting a lot of pleasure from our lifestyle arrangement and I said so.

The smile disappeared from my wife's face in a flash. There was more annoyance than anger in her voice as she told me, "I don't understand you. You were fine with me whoring myself to save the house but now you're getting all uptight because you think I might actually enjoy it."

Still seething from my wife's remark the next day, I had barely seated myself in the canteen when I saw Dom heading towards me. He was alone. Sitting himself down opposite me he asked cheerfully, "So what do you think of Carol's new car?"

"Very nice," I grudgingly admitted.

"I wangled the upgrade for her," my boss bragged, seeming exceedingly pleased with himself, "She deserved it, she puts so much energy into everything she does and she's always very willing to learn."

There was little I could say because I was unsure whether this was an honest appraisal of my wife's office abilities or a sly reference to their sexual activities.

Two weeks later she ended up in Prague and on her return I was again treated to a travelogue. Carol described the old town and square, pointing out that many of the buildings dated back to the 13th century. It was after she had enthusiastically talked about exploring the back streets for quaint unusual shops that I innocently remarked that she seemed to have really enjoyed herself. Taking this completely the wrong way, Carol shot back, "Why shouldn't I enjoy it, it's only natural. Dom is a very attractive man, he's an excellent lover and he's got a rather gorgeous cock. What the hell did you expect?"

I keep concentrating on her month end trips but should point out that between times we lived a normal life with few references to her absences. The only difference from before all this started was that my wife seemed to have acquired a greatly enhanced libido with her now initiating sexual activity far more than me. I think that I fell into the routine of making the most of the benefits but closing my mind to what went on when she was away.

The next major landmark occurred towards the end of the month. I had knocked off a bit early and actually followed Carol on the drive home. Outside the front door I playfully grabbed hold of her to claim my homecoming kiss but to my surprise she resisted and as she struggled to open the door and escape inside, I detected the unmistakable smell of semen on her breath.

I waited until the boys were in bed before saying simply, "When you got home I smelled cum on your breath." I could tell from her eyes that she expected me to say something."

"I knew it was a mistake to do it in the afternoon."

"You don't deny it?"

"How can I?" my wife said, boldly meeting my gaze, "I've been giving Dom some blow jobs at work for the last few weeks but I don't think that's so terrible. That's where the Subaru comes from. Dom offered to extend the agreement by upgrading my car if I looked after him occasionally at work. Compared to what I do with him while we're away, it's nothing. I would have told you but after the way you've started carrying on about the other stuff, I couldn't see the point of upsetting you unnecessarily. I don't do it every day but it certainly happens more than occasionally. It's not always convenient because I do have real work to do. Up to now it's always been a morning thing but today Dom was out of the office for most of the day. "

"Is it just sucking him off or do you do other stuff with him?"

"I'm not going to lie; altogether I've let him fuck me three times at work. Twice I was bent over his desk and the other time we did it up on the big boardroom table but we only did that for the sake of doing it. None of the three was particularly comfortable for me and since then he's been satisfied with oral. Quite apart from saving the house, you can't claim that you haven't benefited.

I wasn't happy. "This is going way beyond anything that I agreed to."

I could see from her face that my wife was genuinely perplexed. "I don't see the harm. If he can do anything that he wants with me at the end of the month, where is the sense in having a no contact rule for the rest of the time?"

A quick answer to her question eluded me and while I was struggling to find a response, Carol followed up by saying triumphantly, "I enjoy doing it and it's earned me a smashing car to drive. Dom is happy, I'm happy and you don't really have anything to grumble about."

"What exactly do I get out of it?"

"Sweetheart that's easy, I think that I'm now more sexually charged than at any time in my life and you are certainly getting your share."

I couldn't really dispute that so I let it go and it wasn't until the night before her next time away that we had another moment of contention. I had been ill from the start of the week and not in the mood for sex but by the Thursday night I was feeling randy. However, when I tried initiated action, Carol pushed me away saying, "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't have me the nights before I go away."

"I don't remember any agreement," I said unhappily, "We didn't do it the first two times because you were nervous but that certainly doesn't apply now."

Thinking I had overcome her objection I tried again but she resisted even more strongly saying, "If you must know, Dom likes me to be clean when I'm with him. He doesn't like giving me oral if there might still be some of your cum inside me from the night before." That news did little to improve my peace of mind.

My wife's destination that month was Amsterdam but I can recall little that she told me except that they had visited the Anne Frank house. I don't think I even enquired about her extra marital sex. In some perverse way, the fact that she was servicing her boss during the month made it easier for me while she was away as it seemed to remove the special significance of her time abroad. Consequently, I got through the two days without giving much thought to what she might be doing at any given moment.