All in the Family Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The 'Traveler's Inn'? That's where I'm staying."

"Wanda is a psychologist missing both legs and does an assessment then makes a recommendation to Martin. She rejects very few." Susan smiled. "They have to be pretty crazy to be rejected." She smiled again. "We do have some...."

"I can imagine. How young can they be?"

"Twenty-one. We do have inquires from or for people younger, sometimes children of former patients. We feel this is a huge life-style change and we have to have a minimum age. We have part of a floor where all patients stay so we can assign nurses that understand the need they have. Most people are out of bed the next day. Each is different and Martin discharges some on the second day."

"Suture removal or PT?"

"For sutures, some have it done when they get home, some stay at the hotel and have us do it. Many people use this in conjunction with a vacation. We have a prosthetist we work with if a patient desires a prosthetic limb. They make a second trip back. She has someone that does PT to teach them how to use the limb. Remember, these people all 'wanted' to be amputees so they don't typically go through all the 'normal' hardships." Susan laughed. "I used crutches when I would pretend."

"Costs?"

"We have a fixed rate for a single leg. Arms are twenty percent less. Additional limbs are half the first if done at the same time. We have a foundation to help with costs when the person can't afford the full cost. Some of the former patients are big contributors."

"Very nice."

"What is your availability?"

"I'm single and ready to begin as soon as I find a place to live. I'm on a sabbatical for six months."

"I've set up a series of interviews for you for the rest of the morning. You'll have a chance to speak with all the principle people involved with the program." She pushed a schedule across the table then stood. "Come with me. We'll be using the conference room for the interviews."

Susan passed the nurses station on the way back to her office.

"Who's the hunk? The nurse with a prosthetic leg extending below her skirt asked.

"Hey Lisa." She paused and scanned the lovely woman's body. "He's interviewing for a position to help Martin."

"Dreamy. I don't suppose he's single."

"He is, and he loves doing amputations."

"But, does he love amputees?"

"I'm sure you'll find out. I think he'll be starting in the next few days."

-

"How did the interview go?" Lisa asked pleasantly as Mike came out of the conference room.

"Great. I'm Mike." He held his hand out.

"Lisa. I'm a day-shift nurse with the 'program'."

"I see." He stared at her prosthetic leg and smiled. How long ago?"

"'Bout a year. I just wear it for work. Do you live in the area?"

"No. I'm just here for the interview."

"We'll-l," she drawled. "If you'd like someone to show you the sights...."

"And I bet you have some nice ones."

"Hmmm. Thank you. And you too...." Her hand dragged across her skirt below her stomach in a suggestive manner. "I get off at three."

"I'm at the Traveler's Inn."

"I know the place. We could have a drink at the bar ... get to know each other." Her hand slipped along his arm near the wrist.