Alone and Desolate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Jeremy,

By the time you come home, I'll be long gone. Please don't come looking for me; I don't want to see the hate and disgust in your eyes. I've betrayed you, my love, betrayed you in the worst possible way and there's nothing I can do that would change it.

All those months of you being away brought out the worst in me and I started losing faith in you. I thought you didn't love me anymore and were staying away more and more so you wouldn't have to spend time with me. I complained about you to my friends and gave them a bad impression of who you were. I thought you were insensitive to my feelings and didn't care anymore.

Last night I got so mad at you for not calling me, I went to dinner with Nathan. Remember Nathan, my friend, the bar owner? I told you about him a few times and how supportive he's been. Well, last night, I went to dinner with him and ended in a hysterical fit so we went back to his place. This morning I woke up in his arms and THIS is unforgivable, Jeremy.

I never should have put myself in that situation; I never should have stopped believing in our love, I should have trusted that our commitment was stronger. Instead, I forgot about it for a moment and was weak and enjoyed Nathan's arms around me.

Don't hate me, Jeremy, if you can. I know now, I should have trusted you more. You're the only man I've ever or could ever love and that's why I'm doing what I'm about to do. I know I could never face you and see the pain of my betrayal in your eyes so, it's better if I end it all.

You're a good man, my love, you deserve love and happiness and I wish you to find a good woman, one that will trust you and love you completely, one that won't be as weak as I am.

Kiss the kids for me, please. Tell them I love them but losing you is more than I could bear.

With all my love,

Joanna.

I left the letter on his pillow. I knew that Jeremy would come straight into the bedroom to empty his luggage, so he would find it quickly. The taxi was at the door so I took a last look behind me; I wanted to keep that image in my mind for later.

*********

Now, I'm here in this hotel room, with the 'do not disturb' sign on the door, ready to end it all and I only regret one thing; to not have loved Jeremy enough to trust in him. He's never given me any reason to lose faith and by my own stupidity I've lost the only man I've ever loved.

I didn't know that taking handfuls of pills with wine was so hard to swallow; it might not help that I'm crying so hard either. Good thing I bought two bottles earlier, I'll need to take fewer pills at a time if I don't want to vomit them all.

Forgive me if you can, Jeremy. I loved you too much and didn't trust you enough. I love you.

I think it's time I lay down on the bed. The room is spinning around me and I don't want to inconvenience whoever is going to find me in a few days.I'm so tired, maybe if I close my eyes for a minute....

It's true what they say, that's the easiest way of letting go. My time is probably getting near; I can hear knocking sounds in the distance.Goodbye, my love. I'll love you forever.

The empty wine bottle slipped from Joanna's hand and clattered to the floor as Jo's mind began to drift away...

*********

I want to thank my editors and beta readers for this one. This story would never have been so good without their invaluable input. A special thanks to my husband also. He's the only one who could have made me believe I was able to write another story. 

As usual, please don't forget to vote and comment.