Ambushed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man is a sexual predator. He, Ken, and Terry were able to seduce all of the other women at the bank both because they worked so fast and as a team and because they held the positions of power. Get on, get in, get out, and grab another was their motto. They had to work fast so their latest victim couldn't warn anyone else before they had been there, done that, so to speak. For some reason, Steve considered me as his ultimate goal. Maybe it had something to do with you constantly being in the way.

Ellen knew the room was there when they bought the house, but believed Steve when he said he had closed it off when the basement was redone. With Ellen's help, Tracy's husband found the door and then with the help of some others, they broke the door down. Ellen and Tracy covered me up as best as they could and took me upstairs to a bedroom. Ellen called the police and requested an ambulance for me. The hospital kept me overnight after they took blood samples; a lot of blood samples. I felt like a pin cushion. The police secured the house as a crime scene.

I was later told that I had been given a drug cocktail. They found traces of various drugs in a bottle of wine. He had used a separate bottle for his drinks and gave both of us the drugged wine. I drank mine, you sipped yours. The bartender unobtrusively dumped your glass, then hid that bottle from Steve and gave it to the police as evidence. Steve shouldn't have tried the two bottle trick with an experienced bartender working there.

After we were discovered, Steve tried to dump the evidence down the toilet, but he dumped the wrong bottle of wine. Steve, Ken, Terry, and Morgana were convicted at a trial and they all received prison terms.

Steve was also convicted of embezzling funds, both at the bank and at the vineyard. He was labeled a sexual predator for his actions against me and the other women. I was amazed, but almost all of his other victims testified at the trial. His two buddies in this caper were also convicted of the sex charges. Ellen divorced the bastard. Three days after the divorce was final, prison guards found him hanging in his cell.

Ellen's family hired a construction crew to tear the house down and start all over. It is now a one story log cabin with a detached garage. Oh. Unfortunately, Ellen went into premature labor from the stress that night and lost the baby.

You were gone, I was pregnant and didn't know what to do. I gave our apartment over to Tracy and moved back into mom's house. Mom died in a car accident and never got to see her twin grandkids. With help and support from your parents, I had the twins and went back to work. They baby sit while I work, but we live next door in mom's house.

My dad finally came to see me and his grandkids about six months ago. He is really sorry for not seeing me and the kids and has promised to come around every six months or so. After we had a very long talk, he hired the detective agency to find you. He went to the bank and paid the house mortgage. Following that, he went to the dealership where you used to work and made a car deal with the Baker's. I kept that old car he bought me for school as a keepsake, but I use the van dad bought for everything else. I talked to Mr. Baker one day while in the market. It seems your old job is waiting for you. He was somewhat hurt that you didn't come see him, but he understands.

Daddy had assumed that I didn't want to see him after mom died. He didn't know we were living day to day without money to do anything else. I know it isn't your fault, but I haven't been to a movie since before they were born. I'm only telling you that to explain why I didn't look for you sooner. I wanted to, but it was impossible.

I didn't think that you'd ever know how many lonely nights I suffered through without you, but then I read the report from the investigator who found you. He followed you around for two weeks. I know about your job, the movie theater, and he told me about your terrible pain. I was very worried about coming here to see you. Not that you would ever do anything to us, but I worried our sudden appearance would push you over some edge.

Anyway, the kids and I packed overnight bags and left yesterday morning. We arrived last night and managed to find this place just at dusk. Instead of barging in on you, we went to the Holiday Inn and stayed overnight.

I'm sorry for springing the twins on you like that, but I thought if they distracted you long enough, you wouldn't be able to run away from me again. I'm so sorry that I fell into his clutches. I'm so sorry that I ever doubted your beliefs about any of them. Can you ever forgive me for what happened that night and the terrible hurt I caused? Should I take the kids and leave? In the past, I know we were always able to solve our problems if we worked together. I want only what you want and I will respect your decision."

Throughout the last parts, Claire had kept a carefully neutral tone.

I realized she wasn't going to push me either way. This really was my decision. Suddenly, I felt ashamed. I was an even bigger knee jerk asshole than Steve had was. Yes, he drugged my wife and fucked her, taunting me as he did it. However, it was my lack of believing in Claire and her love for me that was my biggest failing. I saw what I expected to see instead of what was real.

In turn, I ran away from my entire life as a chicken shit coward. My God, the pain I inflicted on the people most important to me in the world, including the kids I didn't know I had fathered. I stood up and stepped in front of her. For the first time ever in my life, I saw fear in her eyes and realized that I was the cause. I held out my hands to her and waited. She reached out, took my hands, and stood up.

We looked deep into each other's eyes and saw the depth of the pain and hurt we had inflicted upon each other.

"I'm so sorry for what I did," we both said in unison. We were still thinking alike in the same way! I hadn't lost her after all! I felt her move into my arms and it felt so right. Strangely, I didn't feel the need for any more tears. I felt a massive weight disappear into the ether. Slowly, I pulled back and looked deeply into her eyes. Yes, I saw the pain, but now I also saw the love that lived there. The kiss happened without any thoughts, just feelings.

We went back downstairs and surprised the twins. They were still in the recliner watching television. I went to the phone and called my landlord. He was surprised, but I think he was happy because he could now raise the rent on his new tenants. We went out to eat at a nice restaurant, then we returned to the Holiday Inn for the night as a family. I stopped to see Marty before we left town. He had tears in his eyes and hugged me as he said good bye. I wonder why he did that?

We drove back home that day to start the rest of our lives.

I know that I have to get some kind of counseling to heal the pain and the shame I had lived with for so long. Claire said she was going with me. Somehow, I knew she would. Little Claire rode back with her mother. Hal Jr. rode with me as we followed the girls in that ratty old car. I hope he will like this old truck when he learns to drive.

What wisdom comes forth from the mouths of babes.

"Daddy," Hal Jr. asked. "If I ever do something this stupid, would you please stop me?"

What can I say? That's my boy. And no, I never found out what was in those brown bags.

  • COMMENTS
53 Comments
peteinchicagopeteinchicagoabout 14 years ago
Not as good as some of your other stories

I don't see the husband as having culpability here. He tried to get his wife to slow down with the parties, warned her about her intoxicated state and tried to get her to get another job where she wasn't being pressured to act out. She refused to listen to him. She may have been drugged and raped but she set herself up for it. Hell, she was blowing him off all night at the party even before she was drugged. As for cutting and running, maybe that's a little extreme, divorce would have been a better option. He forgot the love and trust she had for him because she wasn't demonstrating it! I wouldn't have taken her back, she didn't deserve it. Hell, he's a sucker anyway, went from a good job to some shit hole, didn't get over some bitch who treated him like shit even before she was raped.

norcal62norcal62about 14 years ago
It's lazy to write a story about dunces.

If the author can't create characters who have some degree of intelligence he should practice until he can. Why all the LW stories about people who in real life couldn't tie their shoe strings every morning? Over simplification leads to boring stories. I can't help but think this guy is a Brit in disguise by the language he uses.

norcal62norcal62about 14 years ago
Do not foretell the story!

One of the biggest peeves of LW writing is when the author tells the story ahead of the action. This story is 5 years old so I hope the writer has learned not to put in unnecessary descriptions such as "I sat pensively for a moment then made the biggest mistake of my life to that point. " Why not just jump to the end of the story and say, "See, I told you so."

The cluelessness of hubby is inconsistent with the rest of the story. To say the couple talks things out, then develop the story otherwise is laziness.

zed0zed0over 14 years ago
Can't Rape the Willing

And she was willing. He's a pathetic wimp that couldn't even get on with his life after five years, and we are to believe he will be able to keep a round heeled slut wife?

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Some Thoughts

For some reason this is the third time that I read this story and the first time that I felt like comenting. It certainly looks as if the anti wimp troupe managed run off this writer. This was his last story posted four years ago. He did do some fairly awesome writing and drew violent criticism.

<P>

The important thing about writing is that you have to get the involved in what you are imagining. There are two images in this story which have never left my head. The first being of the husband in the window unable to do anything about the seduction of his wife, and the second is of finding twins sitting on the doorstoop and asking if you are their father. Truly fine work...

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
Separate Vacations Keeping running shoes under the bed.in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
Aiding and Abetting The good guys don't always finish last.in Romance
More Stories