All Comments on 'An Unexpected Sex Change'

by cds6

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What happened?

This was some strange combination of "Dallas" and the old proverb - "Walk a mile in my shoes". A total cluster....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good premise, lousy execution

The author has a really odd sense of storytelling. The character changes places with someone overnight, but a lot of the scenarios that one would predict are lacking.

We don't understand why she is scorned by society as a trans woman or what people are pointing at specifically when she walks past them. We never find out why this happened, except as some kind of karmic lesson.

He doesn't have the encounter with himself from the other side of things when he goes to his apartment and tries to ask his girlfriend for help, only to be told by himself what he would normally say.

The pegging at the end is very lackluster for details and descriptions, and the story doesn't end with much of an encapsulating thought to cap off the story.

But the worst part about this story is the transphobic language and premise in the narration. "I wasn't only potentially gay, but I was the worst kind! A transgender!"

This is not acceptable in a story about waking up as a trans woman, even if we make the excuse that he is ignorant, the point of the story is that he sees things from her side of things, and identifies with it more and more as things progress.

It shows a lack of research done before writing the piece, and a lack of imagination for the storytelling. Even smut needs to have some pathos to it.

BrendaNWBrendaNWover 5 years ago
Very good

I enjoyed the story .. yeah, don't know why he was stared at but who cares .. it could have been a vivid dream .. but who cares .. it was a hot story .. lots of wonderful elements ..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous