All Comments on 'And One Day It All Changed'

by trevanian

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fools

One phone call to the police and the wife's power disappears. Extortion is illegal. But, that would be an entirely different story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Writing, Good Story, Interesting Twist

Really good writing. Loved the story....Loved the sex....Loved the twist. More!!!!

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Shoot the bitches

All three of them.

iffarmeriffarmerover 10 years ago
He Has More Options

It may or may not be illegal extortion, but the ramifications for the husband of all of it going public prematurely overrides the legal situation. Note also that, even though he is guilty of sexual infidelity, the wife is likely guilty of emotional infidelity and financial infidelity, and may be guilty of sexual infidelity, too. She does not have clean hands.

It seems clear the wife had planned this for some time. How far back? Before her husband met Susan? Perhaps Susan was in on it from the start, i.e., she was a plant. Maybe it goes all the way back to the college years. There is a hint of that possibility from her gradually losing interest in sex starting shortly after they were married. From my experience, none of these possibilities are far fetched at all.

If he is thinking clearly (he may not be so soon), the husband should not rush into any decision to accept or reject the given options. He should begin to formulate alternative options of discovering what really happened and what he might be able to do when he knows the whole story. If he merely accepts the two options his wife offers, things will do nothing but get worse and worse, since she is quite a demanding schemer. Perhaps the best thing is for him to disappear, maybe even fake his own death, while he considers his next steps and starts his comeback to set things right.

I hope the author continues his story. I think it is too well written and plotted to let it lie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous