Anime Convention

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gmstarr
gmstarr
2 Followers

"Come on," he said. "Lets get something to eat. I'm starving to death."

"I imagine, Ford" Doug said, under his breath, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "Used up a lot of energy last night and this morning, I bet."

Adam groaned, so did Pete as she blushed. "That's Doug. He's the one who was banging on my door this morning. He's about as subtle as an elephant."

They started the walk to the Denny's across the street. As she walked, she took stock of the three. She had a hard time guessing ages, but she imagined that Pete was about his age. Doug was probably younger. She remembered that they were all younger than her by at least ten years, and suddenly felt out of place. Adam just seemed so mature for his age. Doug had short hair, was tall, a couple of tattoos on his arm, and to her, he screamed military. Pete was obviously of Hispanic descent, was another candidate for the 'dark and handsome' label, although he didn't draw her like Adam did.

"I just hope you put him in a better mood," Doug said. "He's been a bear to be around."

Pete looked at her seriously. "You have to excuse him. It's because he hasn't had sex in so long. He's jealous."

Doug looked at him with such a look of horror that she giggled. "I am not jealous."

Adam reached around her to punch Doug in the shoulder. "He just has the emotional maturity of a six year old. We love him anyway." He laughed when Doug threw him another look of horror.

She quickly relaxed after that. It was obvious that they were used to joking around with each other and they had such a good natured camaraderie, that it was easy to relax around them. She was also used to the company of men. For some reason, she always seemed to have an easier time becoming friends with men than women.

Over breakfast, she learned that Pete was a college student, and he was taking business courses, some accounting. She had gone to the college that he was going to for awhile, and they quickly started talking about classes and teachers. So happy and feeling carefree this morning, she missed the look that they all shared with Adam when she said she was from Chickasha; she also missed the slight shake of his head. She also learned, as she had thought, that Doug was in the marines.

Once back at the convention, he was never far from her side, holding her hand, touching her arm. His friends shadowed them, talking, laughing, joking. They went to the game room and played Guitar Hero, Mario Brothers, and Dance Revolution, which had them all giggling like idiots when they all sucked at it. She ran into her friend David a few hours later, and he fell into the group with them when she made introductions.

"So did you have a good night?" David asked with a lift of his eyebrow that told her he was asking for more information than just from the convention.

Before she thought of an answer, Doug grinned at David. "When I came to his room this morning, their clothes were scattered over the floor. Looked like they were removed in a hurry."

"Oh, good grief," she said, reaching over to punch Doug in the arm herself. "You two are worse than women gossiping. Maybe Pete is right. You both need to get laid."

Adam chuckled, slinging a arm around her shoulder and hugging her to him. She fit in perfectly with his friends. Glenda never could get over their habit of making what she viewed as socially unacceptable jokes. She thought his friends were low class. This girl was totally relaxed, laughing at the jokes they made, joking back. Everyone was having a great time. God, he had to stop this. He had to stop comparing her to Glenda.

As noon approached faster and faster, Adam and Carrie got quieter and quieter, both glancing at each other occasionally, letting their friends joke and talk around them. At noon, Doug and Pete took off, telling her how much they enjoyed meeting her. David, too, wisely said goodbye and disappeared into the crowd. She was going home soon as well.

As they walked to his car, he took her hand, raising it to his lips and kissing it. "So out of curiosity, how did you get into the role playing games? A girl gamer is kind of odd. At least it is in this area of the country, it seems."

"My ex husband played," she answered. "I always liked make believe and always had a good imagination. The first time I played, I absolutely loved it. I've lost interest in playing a few times, but I've always came back to it."

"Yeah, I've always had a good imagination too. One of those kids who took his pretend light saber in the backyard and battled an imaginary Darth Vadar."

She grinned. "Yeah, I did that too. I was a tomboy. I always played a Jedi instead of the princess."

"I guess that's why you got along so well with my friends."

"Probably. It's always been easier for me to make friends with males than females." She shrugged. "Hair, makeup, fashion, primping in the mirror for an hour. It's just not for me."

He thought about Glenda and once again couldn't stop himself from comparing them. Glenda was never on time because it took her so long to get ready. Every hair had to be just right. He sighed and turned around to face her. "Well, here we are."

She stepped up to him, sliding her arms around his waist, resting her head against his chest. She felt his arms come around her, pulling her tight against him as he leaned back against his truck. She closed her eyes, listening to his heartbeat. "Thank you. It's been a wonderful convention."

"Has for me too. This is my first convention." He kissed her on top of the head. "You certainly made sure I wouldn't forget it."

"I won't forget it either." She smiled, snuggling closer in the cool November air. "I've been to several conventions. A couple of Soonercons. I forgot how much fun they were, even without the extracurricular stuff we did. I almost didn't come."

He tightened his arms around her, squeezing her to him. "I'm very glad you did." They both were quiet for a long moment, just holding each other, enjoying the warmth and feel of each other. "I need to go," he said with a soft sigh.

She pulled away slightly, looking up at him, her hand sliding up his chest to wrap around his neck, her fingers going up to play with his hair. She couldn't resist one more touch of his soft, silky hair. "I know," she said, looking up at him.

He bent his head, kissing her gently, tenderly, one hand going up to cup her face. He pulled back slowly, looking at her, reaching up to push her hair out of her eyes. He smiled at her. He let her go, taking her hand, pushing away from the truck. He took her hand as he opened the door, squeezing it.

She smiled at him as he climbed into the truck. "Bye," she said, turning to go back to the hotel as he shut the door. Reaching the front door, she watched as he drove away. She sighed. It had been a wonderful weekend, and she felt good. Still it was a bit frustrating. Her ideal guy. Someone she was attracted to, someone that liked to game, liked to do some of the same things she did. And not taken. How was she ever going to meet someone like that? Once again she thought maybe she should relax her ideals, not be so picky. Once again she wondered what was better, being with someone slightly less perfect for her or alone. And once again, she didn't have those answers.

She shrugged, setting out to find David. She would have to figure it out later. The convention still had a couple of hours to run. She was going to enjoy it. She would figure out the rest of it later.

gmstarr
gmstarr
2 Followers