Another Life Online Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

+1 Constitution and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Stealth lets you hide your presence from enemies and move silently.

+1 Dexterity and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Taming allows you to tame wildlife and monsters. Some creatures are impossible to tame however. You can have as many tamed creatures as you want, however party sizes are limited to six. If two or more parties attack the same thing a large penalty is incurred by all players outside of the first party to engage the target. It's possible to give tamed creatures commands that they will follow even if you aren't online. The type of commands they follow are limited to your skill level and the creature's Mind stat.

+1 Spirit and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Tailoring lets you make armor and accessories out of different fabrics and leather.

+1 Dexterity and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Unarmed Combat Mastery gives you bonuses to unarmed combat. Unarmed combat is still possible without this skill, but the damage is greatly decreased. I have studied various martial arts in the past so hopefully my theoretical martial arts ability will be helpful with this skill. However I am aware that just because I know the forms and techniques that doesn't mean I'll actually be able to use that information when the time comes.

+1 Strength and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Weapon Knowledge allows you to use any weapon in the game except you lose access to the specialized abilities gained by focusing on one skill instead. This skill doesn't restrict you from learning other weapon skills. In fact it allows you to use abilities gained with specialized weapon skills even without the required weapon equipped as long as it's within the same category one-handed, two-handed, ranged, or thrown. For example you could use the spear ability Throwing while equipped with an axe or sword. Some abilities can't be used outside of their standard weapon however. An example of this is essentially all of the whip abilities. That example however is less about game balance and more because a lot of whip abilities don't make sense with other weapons. This skill is a must have for weapon craftsmen because you can produce better weapons if you are capable of using them. This also means a blacksmith with a specialized weapon skill produces even better weapons.

+1 Mind and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill

Woodworking which lets you do any kind of crafting involving wood. It can be anything from making a staff to a house.

+1 Dexterity and an additional +1 every 10 levels of this skill