All Comments on 'Another Love Pt. 03-04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 819 Comments (Page 5)
BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 6 years ago
Nothing Wrong?

At one point, Karen said that no one had done anything wrong. That is hard to fathom. Rob should have asked her if is was OK for him to go outside of the home and find a girlfriend on the side.

Karen and Avril were going to stay together with or without Rob, so Rob's relationship with Avril was not equivalent to Karen's with Philippe. She even said they were all going to Canada for Christmas whether he joined them or not.

Karen begged Rob to wait until the new year to discuss their problems, but then she and Avril continually tried to get him to forgive Karen during the holidays.

I am a big fan of reconciliations but this was terrible. Karen showed absolutely no remorse for her actions and thought Rob was being unreasonable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
DAMN!

Are all your stories filled with men who find out they’ve been clueless cuckolds and still, GLADLY go back to the dirty whores? The other great love of her life my ASS! That dirty bitch making her son’s keep Phillipé a secret fucked up their relationship with their father! Burn the whores! Every last one of them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Nightmare

This story went from bad to worse. I realize that the “open marriage/cuckold husband” lifestyle may appeal to some people, but I’m not one of those people. I just wish I hadn’t read this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
NFW!

I’d of packed my things ASAP, did the financial thing and left the country.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Same - No Way

He should have destroyed the painting and as many paintings as he could get his hands on, that is one way to heart all of them, then dragged her publically via the media. I do not think he would have changed from the begging to the end. He is a man with no sole now. This story makes me want to vomit. First part good then it went down hill. The wife should be shot at dawn or physically disabled, say a non repairable knee injury so that every time she uses it she will remember why. This storey has made me angry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I have liked stories of yours i read

UNTIL I got to this piece of shit. Now all I can think of when I read this sick fucking crap is MATT THE FUCKING MAGGOT. CUCKOLD LOVING PIECE OF SHIT. What ever happened to a man with a set of balls. It seems that no writer on this site ever heard of such a thing. I thought, after reading The Bridge, that I had found a writer who could remember what a man was, but this has put serious doubts in my mind. Just sounds like more wimpy ass cuckold, spineless, cry baby, gutless, mindless, eunuch bullshit to me. FUCKING AWFUL!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Typical Of This Author

He seems to love a man being humiliated by his wife and this one was bad and then he takes her back almost every time. The other thing was he must have noticed the changes in his wife as that is one of the fist things noticed. New positions different sex etc. It does not add up. Perhaps I missed it in the reading. Seems he has a screw loose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
No Logic To His Actions

I am trying to look how he changed and I cannot see how he would do it, he just caved. I think the author was toying for controversial feed back. What a hero the husband was for accepting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Talk about the in your face hard sell. Fill the house with the lover's family. Manipulate the sleeping arrangements. Bring the two sons in to further force acceptance of the one big happy family. And have the old lady call you a cuckold to your face. And Rob shrugs his shoulders and decides to roll with the flow? Karen was right. He needs a seeing eye dog as that is about the only way he can get away from this farce.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 5 years ago
Duffus or what?

I've always liked the RAAC stories, but this one just made me mad. How many time does this man have to be hit between the eyes with a two by four before her realises that his wife could care less about what he feels? She cheats on him not because he was mean or she was lonely. she just had the hots for another man. And then as soon as he's shipped overseas she moves him in to her bed? in front of her kids. and as if thats not enough, she has her kids lie and cover up for her? Is that a loving wife? or a caring parent? Then she says she's not sorry for what she did shes sorry she got caught. Avril shows up and hits him squarely between the eyes when she divulges the affair to him. And when Avril needs help imortalizing her husband she volunteers. And what does she tell him. "I'm going to help her. I'm sorry if you don't like it." So shes still putting Phillipe and Avril before him. And what does he do? He thinks about it. To top it off she has Phillippe's and Avril's family go celebrate Thanksgiving in October in their house? And he's still thinking about it? Again I ask. what does it take for this man to realize he's not needed but just as a decoration in a house empty of love for him. Because by now the two women have him servicing them when lesbian sex is not enough. Not even being called a cuckold to his face does anything. This story was just a piece of trash, I can't undersand how it was allowed in here. The best part is him trying to make himself out as some kind of wizard.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 5 years ago
any

wife who takes away the relationship of a father to his kids is evil. Rob will never know a closeness to his boys and that is what his wife destroyed, how can you force a child to lie to his father and hide a secret so large, pure evil. TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RichardGerald

You are a very good writer but leave a lot to be desired as a storyteller. The Robert of chapter 1 and 2 is quite a bit different from Robert of chapters 3 and 4. I realize that characters can change over the length of a story but the change has to be explained. Why the big change in Robert?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Absolutely hate what you did to Rob

I cannot fathom how he can look at himself in the mirror.

calflashcalflashover 5 years ago
disturbing story

I have liked all you stories I've read but this one left a sour taste in my mouth.

What is evil? Avril (a "devoted" Catholic) none the less, sees the engine project as evil but has no qualms justifying a totally amoral lifestyle and dragging others into it.

He sold out. He could have two good prostitutes cheaper than the price of his soul. Exhibiting Karen's portrait and making it the cover of the program was the crowning shot of making him a public cuckhold.

The author deserves his postscript remarks but I violently disagree as he was disrespected and abandoned by his family for no fault of his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awful

Just awful. Men who forgive like this and live face to face with being cuckolds are mentally deranged. Just god damn awful. The cheating whore suffered NOTHING. She gave up nothing. Unacceptable

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 5 years ago
WORSE than usual cuck story

"Nothing just that we are too short of beds to be worrying about your hurt feelings at this moment. These people don't see things your way. Please don't make a fuss."

Having already agreed to counseling after the new year; when Karen said this I would have thrown her, the two estranged sons who covered for her whoring for 20 years, and the whole lot of fucking Canucks out in the street! Happy Fucking Thanksgiving!

Before this last chapter started, the author said, "...in order to appreciate the story you need to focus on the husband who he is and the CHOICES he made in his life."

What choices? He was just out of active duty when he met Karen, but still inactive reserve. When your country calls you back to active duty, you GO! He was a skilled technician who saved lives. He had nightmares, but Karen thought he loved war.

Was the painting hung before the horde came to visit? Painting of my wife as mistress in the exhibition? Not NO, Not HELL no, rather Hell FUCKING no! I would have shredded it with a lawn trimmer, then burned it the middle of the floor in front of the lot of them!

Richard was the only respectable character in the whole story until he folds like a wet cardboard box because of a threesome with 2 cheating sluts. If he was my neighbor, I wouldn't invite him to a barbecue. My dog would probably piss on his leg.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
last comment

Couldn't agree with you more. What kind of man acts this way and what kind of woman does that to her man. Sorry but this one went way out of my comfort zone. Don't get me wrong, the author is a good writer, but at times his story theme is disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Delusional.

You are totally delusional if you really believe that any man would respond to the situation in the way that you described.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
3*

See all 5 previous comments.

If Phillipe was alive then both women would choose him.

That means the problem isn't in the past, it is is still very much in the present.

He is the consultation prize because Phillipe is dead.

Sleep on campus until he can find a new place and the divorce is final.

SS1969

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Terrible

All this bullshit to try to justify fucking around in a marriage. This tripe is total bullshit and deserves the 1* that I gave the whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
“Better story” My Ass

This story was ridiculous. You want us to believe this guy can be a heroic Naval officer, a natural leader in the pressure-cooker atmosphere of working on the flight deck of a super carrier, but can’t figure out what to do with a cheating wife? And a group of interlopers who just waltz into his house and basically take over? Fuck THAT! If he he were all the things he was built up to be in this story, he would have burned that house down around their ears, figuratively speaking. Beginning with the bitch who destroyed his marriage and maybe his life. I don’t believe this story to be worthy of even one star.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
No

This a ridiculous story that I cannot understand. The presumption that a man, a war hero, and leader of a design team would be so weak. No way would be take this cheating whore back. Even with Avril thrown in, that just doesn't happen. Fortunately, other authors have written better endings. This one sucks.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 5 years ago
*****

Let me get this straight--as per the keyboard commandos there is no way a man could love a woman so much he'd act like our protagonist. When you consider all the screwed up humans in this world that's a big statement. I personally know a man who allows his wife's lover to live with them. He's in bad health and apparently thinks he's better off getting what she has to offer. I know another whose wife screwed around on him for years before he finally got a clue and left her.

As for me, this story really pissed me off, but I rate it a 5 because it's a VERY good story. News Flash! The author is supposed to make the reader feel deeply. Love it or hate it, it's the depth of emotion that measures the writing quality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
11/10/18

...said everything that needed to be said. The writing was good, but the protagonist was the second-place prize, only because the other guy died. I'm not a BTB, especially if there can be redemption, but Karen was NOT a redeemable or enjoyable character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
didnt

like that he didnt punish the whore.. I say divorce her but accept the "ladies living together w/ him and fucking them, not loving. the slut claims 26 yrs of marriage, but I chose to highlight the 14 or so yrs where hes cuckolded in the middle of the marriage. thats unacceptable. she wanted her cake and to eat it and she got what she wanted.

texxmantexxmanabout 5 years ago
Fail

I loved the set up in the first part. I didn't like the wife's cavalier attitude in the second part, she has no remorse and thinks she did nothing wrong. She had a whole second family, betrayed her husband, took most of his life, hid it - she is an incredibly selfish person on the verge of sociopathy. I didn't like the "resolution". I could see maybe, maybe accepting the fact that I get to now sleep with two women now. But I would never ever forgive or forget. I would hate my cheating wife and just use her for sex. Any feelings for her would be long dead.

0zed0zedabout 5 years ago
Pretty Bad

Nobody likes a wimp. They're sort of smelly and cowardly, but I'm sure you already knew that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This cuck shit!

I know that this is fiction but it still is CUCK shit! Just because Philippe is French and an artist he is not even thought of as a predator. Hiding his action with fancy words and an arty vocabulary does not make him different from all the other arseholes. He preyed on her insecurities because she did not enjoy sex with her husband after the birth of their 2nd child. He is older, more experienced of the things of the world and of course we later find out, trained in the art of sex and pleasing a woman. For too long all of us outside of Europe has ALWAYS been seen as uncouth and not as cultured. This coming from people who has caused two World Wars. Burn the bitch or the bastard. The one who cheats MUST be burned. PERIOD!!! You can't sugar coat what Philippe has done and you cannot listen or take seriously what Avril says. She wants her cake and eat it and hopes that he will be stupid enough to accept her reason for she thinks all men think with their dicks and if he get 2 pussies on a plate he will fall for it. And ... dammit man! You really make him fall for all this shit! CUCK SHIT!!! BTB makes sense when you have gone through it and you know how CRUEL women can be once they have tasted something strange. It does not have to be bigger or better! As long as it's not YOU! I am disappointed because you could play and be the puppet master ... BUT sadly you failed dismally!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Weak male main character

so sad. I guess, RG do like his main male character to be spineless.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaabout 5 years ago
You may have chickened your way out of LW...

but you still get an LW score from me. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
RG there was a better story here, you are right.

It's when the husband who has been lied to and betrayed for most of their relationship with his supposed loving wife , leaves her and looks for love from a honest women.

I also am amused by the supposed embracing acceptance of open relationships by the french portrayed here. As an englishman living in france it's not my experience and the high divorce rate of 50% tends to back that up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
notme

A lot of the actions as implied in the painting happened in his house. I would have burned it down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I Didn’t Like It

The ending, in particular. The story had potential, it could have been great. But to be great, in my opinion, the story would have needed to go into detail about how the transgressors were dealt with, specifically what punishment was meted out to them. Because there’s no question about them deserving punishment, it’s only a question of when, and how severe. That said, the way this story ended, as written, disgusted me.

ExiledfromNYExiledfromNYabout 5 years ago
What the hell?

RG I really enjoy your other work but this is just nonsense. No one understands that a man might be upset that his wife had a 12 year affair, having the man move in for a year around his children? Then Karen whines that he is taking too long to forgive her?

I’m not a BTB’er but I can’t think of ANY man who would stay. And enough with the ‘get over your stupid male pride’ horsecrap. Men (as well as women) have to live with themselves and their actions. No one else can judge whether their pride is ruining their chance at happiness.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 5 years ago
Mission Accomplished

If the mark of a good writer is the conversations and reactions their stories create, then mission accomplished.

That does not make this a good story, because the love story element here is deader and more stiff than Philippe's corpse. The engine design element was far more interesting. On top of that, the awfulness of the female lead characters just distracts from the everything in the story. The sin is: you write well. Really well. I really enjoy and have 5* many of your stories. This just wasn't a good story, or at least a good ending to a story. I've written plenty of bad stories myself.

Where to begin? Many have pointed out very valid notes so I'll try not to repeat, but let's start with the delightfully awful, selfish, misguided and completely tone-deaf Avril and go from there.

1. "Oh dear, why does he not understand? If only Philippe were here..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Painter vs. military man with a wrench. Yes! FIGHT!

2. "(Philippe) did not abandon his love because it was inconvenient or difficult. He loved this woman, and she was in need, and he was THERE. It was her husband who had somehow failed her."

Oh, sweet Jesus, no! NO! HAHAHA! You didn't actually have a character say this? Yet, there it is. This is simply so insulting, so rabidly awful - Pa should take this dialogue out back and shoot it right before he shoots Old Yeller. And! Rob does nothing when this is spoken about him, to his face! WTF! SHE SAYS HE'S TO BLAME AND HE ACCEPTS IT ?!?! Stop this ride, I want to get off.

3. The difference between the Rob character from when learning about his wife's near constant infidelity until the finish makes me wonder if literary characters can develop Alzheimer's and forget who they are, without it being a literary device. He went from being so pissed he was mute to waking up at Christmas and was like "Oh. There's pussy. Cool." Like, I'm genuinely concerned he's building future jets but he's not all there.

4. Karen, as written, may be in my top 3 cunts on Lit (the wife in "A Loving Wife Dies" by H2Owader may take #1). Definitely top 5. I say that in the most demeaning, worst possible sense I can use for a female character. Her extended deceit, the treachery whether Rob is there or not (but Rob benefited! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) , the shamelessness, the complete lack of remorse, the selfishness, the damage to the boys and their relationship with the father, the damage to Rob, the mockery of the marital vows ... And her insistence that "It simply is not fair" that her husband knows. As spoken, it's for him, but the context is it's about herself. It's unfair she's been discovered! On top of that, what "punishment" does she face? Guilt? Oh, boy! She never sacrifices anything. At all.

Dante needs a new level in the Inferno for this cunt.

5. "These people don't see things your way. Please don't make a fuss," (Karen) said regarding the Quebecois invaders in his house. Any man with a spine would say two words: FUCK and YOU. You made the mess, you fucking fix it. See Rob's Alzheimer's in #3 and Karen as a cooze in #4.

6. The root-canal-painful LW trope that the jilted husband needs to overcome "male pride". Ugh. The flip side of the coin is the Continental faux-chic of "open marriages require a ne plus ultra maturity which zee Americains simply do not have" is nails down a chalkboard grating. And this story pairs both.

7. The grade school confusion of love = sex. It permeates this. There's remarkably little love actually shown for Rob, despite every single character saying otherwise. There's no compassion. Just an "accept this" he's forced into like a cock cage chastity device. He does get sex, which, again, to a "ztupid Americain" means the same thing, right?. They looooove the dead guy. But the living one? He's a walking dildo with a pulse.

8. "Sorry but there was a better story here. "

Really? I really respectfully disagree. I've read your other stories and you can and have done much better. Dare I say you really think that poorly of your audience?

I could go on (passionate artiste vs Asperger's-afflicted engineer tropes, the quiet desperation of a 50+ year old woman wearing leather pants, a table full of geriatric truth-talkers etc.), but what's done is done. If I need surgery and there's no anesthetic available, I'll reread this to get angry enough that I'll feel a numbing misanthropy for humanity for the next 48 hours and call it even.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Truly Disgusting!

How did you put this on paper, RG? The whole plot and development was disgusting, culminating in the art exhibition. That horrible painting was displayed publicly and the two whores spouted eulogies to the whoremonger painter.And THE HUSBAND STOOD BY AND ACCEPTED THIS HUMILIATION?!!!!! Just disgusting.1*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bullshit

I quit reading during chapter 3. The author said this is him. What a dumb mother fucking wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what fucking garbage

one star for this ball less cuckold

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
you never made that transition

you made the husband exclaim, 'i knew they loved me'

well, what do people tell writers. "show, don't tell" i saw ZERO love from these women. they harassed him, seduced him, berated him for not being a perfect saint that can forgive a lifetime of betrayals.

i don't want 'them punished'. i want realistic reactions. these women don't understand love. they understand lust, they understand talking in circles. that's about it. i wouldn't call them evil. selfish, self absorbed, sorely lacking real empathy. just block-heads pretending to be adults.

at no point in the story did these women show remorse or guilt. and you never explained why that stubborn attitude somehow warmed his heart into forgiving them. there is NO immersion. it's not about punishment or forgiveness. you haven't shown either. I WOULD EVER ACCEPT the husband loses love for these selfish cows and just has sex with them. that's all they do, is offer him sex and cry a lot. that's not love...it's manipulation. i mean, the wife used him for years....he can use her in kind. it would follow logically. and that's my point. your story didn't end, but you shoe-horned an ending in anyway.

anyway...next time...please....dont rush an ending. if you want to do a 180 or get an unlikely outcome....make it fit the story. for pities sake. that's all i wanted.

katibkatibalmost 5 years ago
Excellent comments, yet...

RG, you have received many excellent and, I believe, quite valid critical comments. Everything has been said that needs be said. I did not find the story believable, and I did not like the editing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just too ridiculous a story

Too much purple prose, and a man who acts more like a little boy.

He's unable to stand up to a pair of conceited women, when he should have kicked Avril out of the door, pissed on Philippe's grave, burned the painting, and divorced the unrepentant wife.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 5 years ago
Pure cuck Bullshit

This story sucked big time. I will never read anything else this fag author writes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I can't believe this!

I am sorry for the poor dumb bastard of a husband !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Disgusting!

What a sad story! For most of his marriage his wife belonged to another man and in the end he is pussy whipped into being in love with two whores instead of tolerating just one. A man of substance (witness the dinner table stories about Rob) turned into a wimp! - And the tragedy is that he is lead to believe he loves them both! What an uncomfortable time at the "Showing",to hear, "she must have had an understanding husband", when the poor man didn't even know his wife was busy putting the horns on him.Excellent writing but a really nasty plot. How could the protagonist end up being portrayed as he is?! Pathetic!! 3stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This went from a promising story to a flaming train wreck in the span of 2 chapters. It's a shame, looks like RG tried to get too cute and complex with the reasoning and emotional structure of his characters and failed spectacularly.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
No

His wife placed his needs second behind even the other family. She is horrible.

You told the story well. I just did not like the story.

rfnks2002rfnks2002almost 5 years ago
what a CUCKOLD

You take a great story and fuck it up.

A Man goes to war and his SLUT jumps in the arms of another.

Then he bows down like a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just no

Really?! This was a whole lot of crap. Wife is a delusional whore and he was a wimp to let her get away with it.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 5 years ago
On second reading

I had to read this twice before scoring the whole thing a 5. Didn't like your ending, but you as the writer have the choice, not the reader.

But it was a great effort, and as usual, very well written.

I found George Anderson's ending much more to my liking, and he, too, did a great job. I applaud you for letting George have a go at it, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Crap ending for a crap man. Waste of time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You write what you write

But I disagree. If there was a better story to yell, you didn't tell it well enough to communicate it. He is to blame for the problems ? His job is his other love ? Why then does he even bother coming home to all this abuse ? I mean the whole family moved in when he is most vulnerable. They act like he is a chd whobkust needs to grow up, when , it seems , he is surrounded by a viral infection of people who loves her former lover and his life.

He would be justified in burning himself in his work, and leaving the house, but you write that he sleeps with both women , and moves on with them

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Author's choice

The author writes the story, sets the scenes and defines the characters. You chose this ending. You certainly wrote something worth reading as demonstrated by the almost 500 comments this story received. Obviously not everyone agrees with your ending. I'm in that camp. His wife has betrayed him and hidden the facts from him for years. If it was a one or two time dalliance, I can understand forgiveness. But this was her having a second family and an affair that went on forever. Maybe he doesn't blow them all up. But I think he deserves a life away from both women and the family. He may forgive the betrayal, but how does he ever forget the disrespect? I can't see him caving in and NOT getting a divorce. Not for revenge, but for peace of mind. I will give this 5 stars because it's very well written and entertaining. But I simply hated the ending.

5 stars in one hand, 2 stars in the other hand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another reason to better define the LW category...

They need to break up the LW category. It's a crapshoot sometimes. They could have BTB, RAAC, cuckold, wimps, hot wives, etc.

Parts 1 and 2 were good. Couldn't finish the last one. The group sex category should have warned me off, but I was already invested in it. I can't get that half hour of my life back. Who cares if the wife's lovers family visits? Where did his balls go to just cave on everything? My guess is they put up the picture in the MB that they all slept in.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Awful story

This is the worst story of traitorous back stabbing cheating I have come across in here. He goes off to war and she has a long lasting glorified love affair not only with him but she replaced her husband as a father. This is drivel of the highest order, aweful garbage trying to justify yhis kind of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Chaotic story!

Parts 1 & 2 were well done. But the acquiescence to his wife's betrayal in the second story was disappointing. Bought off with a new lesbian sex partner? Could have had the same 3-way, with him taking pleasure in consciously "having the last laugh" every time he penetrated his nemesis' wife, perhaps? Well, such relationships don't work and are for fantasy writing only.

BTW, too many unnecessary elements and characters. Oh, and English, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Agree

With at least the five comments before me starting with Anon 11/13 in their entirety, I probably agree with more but that's where I stopped. I read the first two pages, saw where this was going, skipped to the end, wrote this comment and am bailing. I'll read one more story, if it's anything like this one I'm done and gone. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Damn another wimpy Cucky

3 way agree with other comment

management91399management91399over 4 years ago
I'm kind of an obnoxious shithead

So when the our clueless male lead sees that everyone in this French Canadian pseudo-family knew what his wife was doing I would have had him say, since you all are in on this and Phillipe's widow wants to bed me why not all the women in this family spread their legs for me to make up for the coverup?

deadmunnydeadmunnyover 4 years ago
Curious.....

I enjoy your stories as i did this one and see reconciliation as an option in some of these stories, but for me I would liked to have seen the conversation between Rob and Karen a little better fleshed out.

I cant help wanting to know that if Rob had a 2nd family/lover and asked whether he continue to see her, would that be ok?

I think i am annoyed he just accepted the manipulation and the fact that he was given sex as some sort of compensation irks me.

I also wished for a greater acknowledgement of the hurt Karen had given to Rob.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsover 4 years ago
Sorry

Today was the seventh time I've re-read this, and again....no. A good work, story and plotting sketchy, but the denouement, (again) no.

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
I dont know

I couldn't get passed the first page, Betrayal has a price, and they both need to pay it, not hubby. I will try again tomorrow to finish this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wimp Shit

First two chapters had promise, but the last two just wimped our. Turned to shit fast. Taken this author off my reading list.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago
Good story

Yes, I did want the cheater punished more than she was, she got off lightly.

But in prurient way, the victim was a sad winner in the end.

Sorry, but I could not forgive a cheater, it is not in my makeup, as it is with the majority of men. But fantasy is what it is fantasy.

I give you 3/5.

skruff101skruff101about 4 years ago

One of the comments Karen made to herself was she did nothing wrong well with that attitude the poor guy can just wait for the next time and forgive her all over again lol

It maybe a fictional world but any GOOD story needs a grounding in reality and this ain’t one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
oh oH OH

You have a great ability in weaving a tale, it is your fiction and well thought out, I can see why there are 3 alternate ends to chapters 1 and 2 by no less than 3 different writers, SO your skills are highlighted in that you have caused others to pen up in an attempt to alter your reality, and that is their fiction, yours can never be altered, SO very well done only 5 for the story but 10 for your skill.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Goood story

But the characters contradict each other, at least the wife does with this line '"Could we just for a little while pretend that it did not happen?', if she had no shame of the affair and was oh so lovely, innocent and out of sin, then why hide it and pretend it didn't happen. Why act of shame about it if it was oh so glorious. No she knew what it was and was just pretending the nature of it was different. But a nice story to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good Build-Up in Chapters 1 and 2

But these two chapters just seemed to deflate the whole story. It was well written, but ultimately just ran out of steam and left me wanting.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Ch 2 came up on recent comments and brought me back here.

I've read and commented several times, and I don't intend to repeat myself ad nauseum, but two things continue to rankle: The UNEXPLAINED change of Rob from a man SO angry at his wife's infidelity that he won't even come out of his room, let alone speak to her, into a man who quietly submits to Karen and Avril's dicta of how their lives should proceed; and the NOT showing Avril's conversation with Rob which apparently affected this change. There are two problems with that: 1) We are denied an explanation which, even if we disagree with it, can help us make SOME sort of sense out of it, and 2) The obvious reason why RG didn't show it to us is because there IS no way he could have written anything that could remotely work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The ending is quite different from what I expect

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
Hidden assumptions

First problem never really addressed is that Karen cheated on Rob for a long time.

Second is that the French attitude about marriage is more civilized (appropriate?) than ours.

Third is that Karen never acknowledged that her cheating was wrong. The whole story was about getting Rob to forgive Karen for a problem that only Rob perceived.

Fourth, the story showed Rob's attitude turned around for no real reason other than his sleeping with two women.

Fifth, men's attitude differences are solved by sleeping with two women.

Sixth, its okay to cheat if your husband is away for several months.

Seventh, its okay for Phillipe to bed a married woman (or maybe its okay to bed a married woman if you're a really good artist, or maybe expecting a really good French artist to only sleep with his own wife is unreasonable).

Eighth, Rob is the bad guy for not immediately forgiving Karen's cheating.

It does seem that Phillipe and Karen have not intentionally hurt Rob, but again, that's only because it was assumed that Rob would never know about the cheating. Rob seems to do a lot of listening to the ladies but not telling them why they should shove their enlightened attitude in a small, dark place.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
The crux of the matter

"Do not play the fool with me. The women are closer than sisters. United in the absolute love of a man who is no longer here." And that's the problem. Karen should not have absolute love of anyone else besides Rob. But Rob never stands up for how he has been wronged.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
After re-reading part 2 and 3

I keep finding passages that really disturb me.

"He did not abandon his love because it was inconvenient or difficult. He loved this woman, and she was in need, and he was THERE. It was her husband who had somehow failed her."

As if Rob wouldn't be THERE unless he had a damn good reason. Its really bad when being called back to duty is considered "failing" your wife.

woodwardwoodwardabout 4 years ago

This story is one of the dumbest, stupid stories I have ever read on this site. I continued reading the chapters hoping to find some semblance of sanity but no. Wasted effort of my time and yours writing it.

kiteareskitearesabout 4 years ago
Sorry down to a single star now

There attitudes revolted me such that I had to stop after skimming the 1st page.

Avril does nothing but sing the praises of Phillipe and what this wonderful man did in worming his way into the marriage of Karen and Rob.

Karen screams at Rob because Avril has fainted and he was far more caring than any man I know. Hell she would not have been allowed in the house again and with Karen's attitude, rounded off with the I need to help her with Phillipe's memorial and if that hurts you I'm sorry. I would have thrown them both out on their arses, told the sons that she's a slut and want DNA samples from both.... IOW force them to own up to their knowledge. Kevin would be explained how evil it was of her to make a young child lie for her, and let him make his choice. Mark (or Oscar I got confused) seemed innocent, so I would have left the door open for him, but they were estranged already, so...

No, there is no way after such a long time with no remorse that either of these woman would have got more than a letter from the solicitor. I have a feeling Saddletramp's follow up would be easier for me to read.

fifteen16fifteen16about 4 years ago
Not

Would not want that lot living next door to me, at the least i would have a very high fence.Not the full shilling any of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Giant Cuck!

Spends Christmas with his wife's alternate secret family?!? He sleeps in the same bed as the two women that are settling for him after their true love died. How and Why would he spend enough time with Avril for her to fall into secondary love with him? I find it hard to believe he would even stay in the house. He even attended the art show which showcased his cuckoldry. I hope he got a good rebate on his man card.

Also, it is pointed out in the story that Avril in an introvert but is not shy. Which one is true?

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Didn't go where I thought. A good story and I like it. Tough choices with the main character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Angry about comments

I red this story and enjoyed it a great deal. I would say it would fit into the Romance section just as easy as Loving wives. I don't see a chuck here because it wasn't known to him of the wife's lover. This was a story of pride and the perceived loss of it. I can't say I would react the same way but I would like to think that I have learned that if the love I received had never been diminished or I had never been denied what I was owed then obviously a woman or man can love others without diminishing the love for the first. If one spouse dies does the there love have to die for them to move on. We love many people in our lives, one does not diminish the other unless we allow it to. I thought it was worthy of a special award and it touched my heart. It was obvious the husband could love his wife and his love for his work and neither was diminished because he loved his wife and his work. 5 stars. TMinNYS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Disappointment

This did no justice to the first two chapters. Sorry

tombone17tombone17about 4 years ago
Awful

She lies, for decades, makes his son keep her lies, has no remorse except for him being hurt when he finally finds out his married life was a lie. Yes she loved him, but she didn't respect him, she lied to everyone including Philppe’s family, she told them, her husband knew and accepted. She put her wants, her selfish desires above everyone, her husband, her children, her lover, and her lover’s family. You wrote her character well, so well that I despise her, and I know she’s not real, great writing, but awful ending, Robert deserved much better than the steaming pile of crap he was force fed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This is different

I’ve read a lot of cheating wives stories, but none like this. Since I was cheated on it’s hard for me to forgive even a fictional woman. On one hand she knew he was military and could be called up. On the other there was a man who wanted her and not just for sex. I’ve educated some virgins before, but they were never married. Phillips is who I hold responsible. He fucked Robs wife. But Rob got her back and now he owns Phillips’s wife. I say he’s even. And I give you a 4.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
I really enjoyed the writing

Not so much the story. Rob is the one making all of the compromises. Where is Karen's compromise. She treats Rob like shit and he is supposed to overlook it and move on? He can possibly form a new normal, but it will never be the same.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ludicrous plot

Absolutely ludicrous plot.

The wife let’s the husband know that her lover was more passionate, more sophisticated and more romantic and met her emotionally needs in ways the husband never could. The lover, Phillipe, sleeps with two women all those years while Rob sleeps with just his wife when she isn’t away doing Phillipe. He’s second best. He’s the second-string husband. The two wives, Karen and Avril, aren’t taking turns between Phillipe and Rob. One month with Phillipe then one month with Rob. No. The wives are exclusively pairing of with their main love, Phillipe.

You failed miserably to explain how the husband could possibly get past that fact. He wasn’t the one they wanted. The only reason they went to Rob’s bed was because their number one man was no longer in the picture. How could you picture them as loving Rob? You could only do that because the man they really loved was dead. That again proved they saw Rob as the fall back husband. Second best at best, till number one is gone. How can he not see that he is now only number one to them by default.

She kept her affair a secret all those years. Rob doesn’t get the threesomes until the number one husband dies. How could he possible sleep with them after that without wondering why they would want to be with such a loser. If he wasn’t good enough to get that treatment before, what made the women change? They love him? They didn’t for all those years and NOW he believes they love him? Ludicrous.

After such a complete deception, to be told that he should except the deceit because Phillipe and Karen really loved each other, that they needed each other is not going to make a man accept infidelity.

One last thing. Here is a man that was a military hero. A man that didn’t show fear in the face of death. And then you have him kowtowing to these relatives of Phillipe that were in on the deception from the start. And they all knew they were disrespectful to Rob. That’s why they all had to hide it. They all knew Rob wouldn’t go along with his wife’s infidelity, that’s why they deceived him in the first place. SO WHY IN THE END DID YOU MAKE HIM ACCEPT IT?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Vows say

Forsaking all others. From the very start he did not. His lover was his work, the military, the jets, the flight. This was his lover, his first love, not Karen. Karens first love was him, then Phillipe when he went off to war. Only then did she turn to her second love and only after time and when in great need. I would have loved her as well and would support her and accept her gladly, because I would have her first and lasting love.

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
check the score

do you know how bad you have to be to have a group sex score under 4? I don't say that to pile on, I say that because this was so far fetched and did so little justice to chapters 1 and 2. You basically forced a RAAC ending for a cuck husband in a way that you thought would buy him some man points. it didn't.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
First 2 Parts - Excellent! This - POOR leaning towards CRAP

Really went off the rails with this artistic mysticism.

They NEVER dwelt on the betrayal. Never acknowledged that she fucked around while he went to war.

The one love of his life... ok to accept a past love affair.

Not okay to brush it under the rug and essentially ignore it.

A REALLY BIG disappointment

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
A Great Story

I may not agree with the way its characters acted, though far better than many of the commenters on this story. It is one of the best stories I have seen here.

5 big stars.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
A quote by vandemonium

"it is intended as nothing but a piece of lighthearted entertainment to distract people in these troubling times. Why not relax and enjoy life, and my stories, as much as the other commenters here seem to?"

So why can't all stories be seen in this light? Just a story. Nothing built in concrete. Rate the story by how well it was written, how well the content was presented. And not so much the content itself.

So many stories I have seen here poorly written, poor grammar, poor punctuation and receiving high ratings. Just because they were a BTB story. And other stories well written, receiving poor scores, just because they were not BTB stories.

TrambakTrambakabout 4 years ago
No point analysing....

Like every other reader, I too nearly blew my arteries.

The more accomplished writers have tried to set things right.

But what can't be done, can't be done.

RGs women are shallow characters who are beautiful, talented and smart but lack one precious human quality i.e. sense of right versus wrong.

Whether it is Laura or Susan or Doris or Avril or Karen.

Karen, of course takes the cake.

There is no point analysing their motives because they are seriously defective people.

One feels sad for Rob or Pat or Foxy or the rest of the husbands.

Unfortunately, most of the children have imbibed that faulty gene from their mothers.

Their loss.

Feels real bad but there is one single silver lining.

Rob was a good guy and got the wrong end of the stick.

But he did nothing wrong.

He was the better human being.

And that's something.

Period.

NoBullAlNoBullAlabout 4 years ago
Not one of your best but not totally bad either!!

I have trouble with authors, like this one, that continue to paint loving husbands who, through no fault of their own, end up married to sluts as being feeble minded about things like the wife’s infidelity. He knew immediately that she had screwed around while he was putting his life on the line for his country. So he wasn’t ready to kick her cheating ass out at first but then he allows her to stay after she confesses that she started even before he left and continued on an almost monthly basis for years after he came home. Talk being disrespected, lied to and treated as a second class entity! At that point only people with very little self respect or possibly low intelligence would have been able to tolerate, let alone continue to live in the same house. On top of all that he allows her to bring all the deceased lover’s family into his home but doesn’t protest and keeps on doing the one thing the slut has counted on for years... he keeps paying the bills. Sure she loves him... he is nothing more than a banking machine for her!

About the only redeeming feature of all this is that he gets to screw the deceased lover’s widow and still his head is in a fog. Additionally the layout regarding his two sons is quite believable as boys can be difficult to understand for fathers... I have that had the experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
1st thing a man would do?

Tear the painting apart.

Next?

Physically toss Avril to the curb.

Then burn the house down.

After?

Walk away.

He did nothing to deserve the betrayal.

But he needed live a life free of those who betrayed him blatantly.

In particular his feeble minded slut wife.

And her accomplice.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
It lacks something

Balls.

Those two women need a tiny lecture.

The painting is flawed. And a debt needs paying.

The painting is a labor of love, but it's not a photograph, its reality has been "adjusted". She's just been fucked and is proud of it. He missed painting the cum running down her thigh.

All three of them, the seducer and both wives were complicit it violating the marriage. She was seduced, while still with hubby. Phillipe didn't give a rats ass that she was married. She had 2 kids, he didn't give a shit about that, either.

That painting needs a knife diagonally from corner to corner, right thru the middle.

A marriage is also a labor of love.

The very existace of that painting is a testament to his cuckoldry.

That would demand destruction right in front of the sluts.

Now we're a bit closer to even, bitch. Do you Still want to reconcile?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
"Interesting"

I agree with nearly all the good and bad (serious) comments. Promising word-smithing, clumsy sentence structure (comma misuse, inappropriate sentence parsing, grammar errors). The jet engine was a clever idea that would not pass the inspection of a real engineer. R&D doesn't work that way at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
there must be no reconcilation without justice,, the painter was a predator and must be squashed like a bug while wife is a slut and must be treated such. the husband is a wimp. what a waste of my time...

there must be no reconciliation without justice,, the painter was a predator and must be squashed like a bug while wife is a slut and must be treated such. the husband is a wimp. what a waste of my time.

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 4 years ago
Enjoyed the relationship aspect

Hated the aircraft engine portion. You should stick to law and lawyers; you appear to know your stuff in that arena. You are out of your depth in the aircraft engines and thermodynamics fields. It really makes the story seem ridiculous when it’s the human aspect you’re trying to tell. Which I enjoyed. Please keep writing, but stick to the legal profession or do your research.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityalmost 4 years ago
Just...yuck.

The entire premise of the story here. Not believable. Do not know one engineering ex-navy type who would have reacted this way to this betrayal. Even the shy, reserved ones. I have grown children. If they were gulity of this kind of complicity in stabbing me in the back and covering up their mother's cheating, whoring and love of another man? Keeping the secret for more than 20 years? I would disown them in a second. Instead he does holidays with them. And the cheater's wife? What a presumptuous piece of shit the author has written. No American man would have put up with her for more than 5 minutes. Her preening and annoying fucking accent. Let alone have actually fallen in love with her? Utterly ridiculous. When she showed up at the door at the 4th floor apartment in his own house that he has moved into? I was thinking "push her the fuck down 4 flights of stairs please". Instead he makes her coffee and listens to her stupid fucking emotional story. Really unbelieveable. And then the entire, extended family of the artist/cheatet shows up and occupies his house for the holidays as well?

I just don't know why the author had to write the story with Philipe having to die? Why not write it that he was simply ill...and had to come live with them...and then the MC could have fallen in love with him too while helping to nurse him back to health. And they all could have fallen into one big cuddle puddle with the MC sucking Phillipe's big, artistic dick as inspiration right before he goes off and invents the biggest jet engine ever! Yay. Bleh. Sorry. This story was awful. It got 1 star. I have read most of the other iterations of this before actually reading this original. They were all better. Especially the one where the MC pisses in the urn of Phillipe's ashes and flushes them down the toilet. THAT was an ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You're name should be wimpy Smurf

As a writer you should be able to take criticism but you give us this long story about comments and all that s*** suck it up bro and grow some nuts the wife stepped all over her man like he was a sucker.. you said but you knew it was a better story there correction it was a more wimpier story there

hjethjetalmost 4 years ago
One Star, Should be a Negative-10

After all that and our hero wimps out

will_shakespearewill_shakespearealmost 4 years ago
Ending was good

But it all hinges on the wife and Avril being 'French'. This couldn't have happened in a normal situe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Hated

No man would behave this way. Karen had a relationship that was intimate in every way. No real man would not want revenge.

1...34567...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous