All Comments on 'Another Love Pt. 03-04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 818 Comments (Page 9)
seasteve123seasteve1233 months ago

Agree with the others. He should have tossed the entire family out.

Psychman24Psychman243 months ago

Wow so much anger in the responses! It is a completely legitimate story and well written. Would I have been able to forgive my wife and carry on? I don't think I would find it possible because it went on so long and completely makes one doubt anything about the whole history of the marriage. I would have had to split and move on no matter how much French gas lighting was applied. But, I believe some men wou!d act as he did and choose to move forward with the compensation of two loving women, and I'm not going to be pissed that the MC in this story chose that route.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think your note at the end wrt your personal relationships, goes a long way towards explaining this story. Please get help.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Not sure if RG still contributes to Literotica or whether my addition to the 800 comments that came before has any value, but like so many others I also find the unjust ending an anathema because it creates feelings of anger and resentment from the unequal treatment of the MC in opposition to the two Female characters who virtually got away with murder. This is why this story has garnered such a vocal condemnation by the majority of readers who rightly feel that they have taken a body blow to their sense of justice. (And please don't anyone tell me that they should get over it because equality & justice are some of the cornerstones that our Western Society was built on..) Was it well written? Mostly, but so was Mein Kampf...

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I've liked A LOT of your other stories, even when the endings were very unsatisfactory, or when characters I absolutely loathed get a more or less free pass from the consequences of their horrible behavior. However, this one I can't truck, not one bit. I despise pretty much every character in this story they're just not "flawed", they're vicious in ways either passive or hostile. I'll admit to getting to the point with this story that I stopped reading the overly florid prose word by word and started scanning for anything interesting that wasn't just a rehash of the previous pages of insane narcissism. Honestly, it was so distasteful I felt like you were trying to gaslight us, the readers, into thinking this was somehow acceptable in any way, shape or form. I can't even feel bad for Rob in this story, even though he's being constantly victimized here because his decisions come across as entirely incomprehensible. To put it plainly - it's not just that I don't agree with anything he does, it's that whatever justifications you were trying to make for his behavior and actions are entirely unsold. I don't get him. He's a cypher, which for someone who has a POV narration is just... how? How did this happen?

matuateneiramatuateneira2 months ago

To me a very absorbing and credible story. I find the negative comments to be unreasonable. It seems that people have a stereotype idea in their mind about what characters should be like, and what they should do. Richard Gerald has created characters that are not stereotypes. In real life people are not stereotypes, so an author is also free to create characters who are not stereotypes.

60022Mallard60022Mallard2 months ago

A 1 from me is very rare, but this absolute sh1t ending fully deserves it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fascinating, well told story. Exquisite in many ways. I know the usual LW barking dog commentariat is insanely aroused by the raac with a cheating wife and the foreign family that enables her, but it’s a good story, entirely plausible to me. The wife’s affair would something to overcome, especially for a forgiving man, given the wife’s hotness, her relentless and intense “want” for her husband, sorrow for the pain she caused him, AND the added bonus of getting a two-ferthst also includes the dead seducer’s hot wife. A that could likely get me over the hurt of the past.. Overwhelm me with the awesome present, so anwesine that it effectively dilutes the poison of the past wrong, as monumental as the wrong was here. The part of the story I really believe is a bridge too far is Rob’s attendance at the exhibition. That part is soo over the top that it strains credulity. I would kill the two women if they even contemplated me attending. Indeed, even going through with the exhibition would be a deal killer for me. It’s simply irreconcilably inconsistent with their remorse for having hurt Rob so badly. It’s a public reopening of a bad old wound, a public festering. Something a truly remorseful person wouldn’t do. It’s so offensive, in fact, that it completely conflagrates any real sense of remorse and correlative forgiveness. While the story works for me without that component, with it it’s not a “no,” but rather a “hell no.” You can’t say that on the one hand you’re really really sorry for cucking me, and then promote an exhibition that has a stark representation of the offense as it’s centerpiece. That’s just ludicrous. Come on man. Up to that point, you had a good, plausible redemption story. That component mocks redemption. Until then, you had constructed a plausible, if provocative story. Dude, the exhibition dog just won’t hunt. That’s just publicly flippin hubby the bird. Get real.

ApexJoeApexJoe2 months ago

I just don't get stories like this. Sophisticated, definitely. I'm supposed to say something about it like "It's so very European." This story begs deep analysis, so it is successful.

The thing that gets me is the common idea that an action other than acceptance in the face of infidelity is about punishment or revenge; pride. That isn't always true, and this is the type of story that proves it.

He lost his security, his wife, his family, his values, his privacy, his right to consent, even his home, effectively if not actually. What did Karen or Avril sacrifice? You could say that it would be pride asking that question, but answer me this; if you are expected to show this kind of devotion, accept this type of humiliation and pain, be lead around by the nose without regard or respect to this degree, wouldn't you prefer it was for a partner that had shown they valued you at least a bit? A partner that had given up some fraction of what you have, so that you know they would put you ahead of something? Not much to build on, otherwise. The ladies in this story pretty effectively show that he is dead last in their reckoning, and that things are going to go the way they dictate, obviously with lots of sex thrown in.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I thought this story was quite compelling and romantic, notwithstanding how much it provokes a deep sense of injustice in the core of the LW commentariat, who I routinely ignore as a bitter troll cabal who are never happy unless the entire town is left in smoldering ruin and everyone miserable. However, the public reception, with “the painting” as its centerpiece along with hubby’s public embrace of it is a bridge way too far for me. In fact, it’s ridiculous. You’ve gotta be kidding with that. The two women are so compelling physically and emotionally, and their eventual intense devotion to Iceman makes the redemption sufficiently plausible; but accepting graciously the women rubbing his face in his wife’s depravity so publicly just defies credulity, decency, love, respect, and basic common sense. I’m a forgiving person and romantic. I could probably get past Karen’s past actions, outrageous as they are, but I’d burn the exhibition to the ground. It’s just too disrespectful, and not consistent with a current love, unless you accept her affair as morally righteous, which it most certainly wasn’t, on any level, even if you’re willing and able to forgive give and move past it. The point is this author — what the two women are asking of him in your end game scenario are fundamentally inconsistent with current love. No loving spouse would even try to convince an offended spouse to accept such public humiliation while seeking reconciliation. It’s a foolish notion. A person who would even ask it is not demonstrating a current love and devotion to a justifiably wounded spouse. To even ask for a public acceptance of such egregious past actions is truly a fool’s errand, reflecting a current soul that is NOT friend material, let alone spouse material. To quote the Doobie Brothers, it’s “what a [selfush] fool

believes.” It’s friendship destroying; mariage homicide. Bottom line, — hiwever foolish, cherish the dead ex privately in your own hearts if you foolishly must (he’s very dead and not coming back), but publicly honoring the very up close and personal infidelity and heartache caused is absurd, a ridiculous proposition, one which I think even the most “progressive,” so-called “socially evolved” types would and should understand. In other words, get real.

Or are you perhaps one who just openly rejects monogamy as a value and thinks the world should just follow you down that unavailing rabbit warren ? If you are, you are silly. There’s a reason it remains a constant over both time and culture, while polyamory flourishes nowhere in recorded history, even in small social settings only minimally impacted by broader society.

That’s my two cents. Compelling story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

so they lied to him for 20 or so years, come clean without meaning to, play the victim card to make him feel at fault and manipulate him......unhealthy all the way round. if phillip was still alive they would still be running around behind his back with him none the wiser. and yes avril was as much at fault as his wife....20 years, never met her husband, never spoke to him and she just assumes he approved? even his own sons were in on it the whole time!! granted they were kids when they were manipulated by a parent to keep the secret, they sure aren't kids as of the writing of this story. just because it worked out does not mean any of it was right or healthy in my opinion. Sorry I didn't see any romance or joy in this from start to end. it just got more depressing to the end. very emotive for sure but it felt like I (as a reader) was being manipulated as well

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I empathize with Karen. After all, she is only human. But her notion that she did nothing wrong is insane. She intentionally chose to leave her marriage and deceive her husband. More, she didn’t care about hurting another human being without remorse. Absolute cruelty. I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

I read this as it was compared to Feb Sucks and I can see similarity. Both start well, with an unpleasant infidelity situation, and both end up w/ a happy cuckold sucking it up and believing the crap the cheater is selling. I liked the first two parts, 3rd part was clearly meant as a sales pitch of some sort designed to make infidelity okay. Didn't work for me. Wife had zero remorse and was looking out for herself first and foremost. THAT is not love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

First of all I find it hilarious that all these LDM are calling the protagonist a weak cuckold wimp. This character who fought for his country, developed better jet engines, and led men into combat is the wimp while these anonymous brain dead trolls who still live in their mothers’ basements or are the king of their single wide call him named.

It’s a f**cling story! Get some therapy before it’s too late!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I come back to this story every so often to read the comments. I can always use a good laugh!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The author had a vision for the story and wrote it accordingly. It was well written and I'm sure annoyed some whilst delighting others. I have my opinion on this version of the story which is just that, a personal opinion. For the writing quality this is very good. I didn't like the ending myself as I have always felt that this is a story about lies, deception, manipulation as well as love. I just don't see the two woman loving the MC whilst they did love Phillipe. Which is why this version doesn't work for me personally. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The MC is weak, just because he fights for his country and develops jet engines doesnt mean he can't be weak in his relationship with his wife. He is exceptionally weak in this aspect. How does he stay in the house when all the other relatives turn up. Come on! That is soooo unbelivable. Hasn't he heard about motels. I would rather sleep in the office or my car than stay there. And that is why he is weak. I am not into BTB but I personally could not stand that level of disrespect and lies. I could not stay in a house full of his relatives. Why does he allow it. This is another example of him being weak and cowtowing to his wife and what she wants. On the other hand you can flip it and make a case for him being strong and loving his wife so much he puts up with everything. I do feel that author seems to confuse loving someone with forgiveness. You can love someone but because they hurst you badly you cannot forgive or stay with them. Very mixed feelings with this story. I cannot score it high and I see that the general consesnus of votes agee. Part one scores well then the following parts where the author expands on the level of cheating by the wife and then recoreconciliation by having a threesome do not do so well. I wish I had known that when I divorced my partner for cheating everything would be better by a FFM threesome. Knowing my luck it would have been MMF.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Should change your moniker to cuckold gerald

1...456789
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous