As I Was Walking in the Park

Story Info
Just moved to a new town, Karen meets a boy.
23.8k words
4.86
51k
113
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers

PROLOGUE

It's ten after three and the school bus should be arriving in the next couple of minutes. I can't stand still and keep going back and forth: to the window, to the kitchen to check on food, to the living room to try and just sit for a few minutes. It's not the kids' arrival that is making me so excited. No, it's their father's arrival in another three hours. He's been away for five days now, the longest trip in more than a year and a half. The last time he was gone was in February and then only for two nights.

I smile to myself remembering THAT homecoming. It was about six and the kids were with their grandparents when he came in. The door closed and I was in his arms locked in a steamy kiss. Less than two minutes later I was naked and bent across the arm of the couch with his rigid rod pounding me - I mean really pounding - from behind. It was three hours before we got around to supper that Friday. Twice more before bedtime and once again during the night.

Saturday morning we somehow missed breakfast but got up for lunch largely so we could recover a little bit. We spent Saturday afternoon lying nude before the fire, kissing, stroking, twice making slow, easy love, and mostly just being together. In fact after that trip and my hot reception across the couch arm I think we didn't wear anything but smiles until after lunch Sunday and only then because the kids were due back sometime in the next couple of hours. I can't even guess how many times I came that weekend and while I didn't write down any score or anything I believe it was eight times for my husband as we either slowly made love or he violently fucked me. No, it must have been nine because once I gave him a long, sloppy blow job until he flooded my mouth.

Yes, we're both a little on the high side of thirty-five but we still don't want to keep our hands off of each other. We're both in pretty good shape, probably because of good genes and some luck but also because we take care of ourselves, eat well, and get a lot of exercise, not all of it from sex. We could probably pass for mid to upper twenties - at least if people don't know the kids are ours.

That time he was only gone two nights but it's pretty unusual for us to go that long without some loving recreation. In fact, it's not real common for us to even miss one day. I know the average for people our age is something like three and a half times a week, but we're, well, you might say we are somewhat highly sexed. Not to mention we are even more in love than ever.

I hear the bus pull up out by the road and once again go to the window. As usual Daniel is first off. I see his sturdy ten year old form start down the long drive as Peyton steps off after him. The bus door closes and it pulls away as I watch the two approach at a fast walk, or in Daniel's case a mix of fast walk and quick runs. In another two weeks he will be finished with fourth grade. I can already see the wide shouldered form of his father developing. He has his father's build as well as his brown hair.

A short way behind him is his sister, Peyton. Just finishing eighth grade she will be starting high school next fall. And in another three weeks she will be turning fifteen. Her blonde hair is loose behind her shoulders, hanging part way down her back. She must have gotten that from me. OK, I really know she got it from both of us because blonde is recessive, but is looks a lot like mine did at that age. Both kids have blue eyes which again came from both of us.

Peyton has already developed the curves which are changing her slim body into that of a very attractive young woman. Firm breasts and slim, but rounded hips set off by a very narrow waist. She is fairly tall - already five seven, the same as I am. That she got from her father who stands an inch over six feet. She is also something of a tomboy, another thing she got from me, and spends a lot of time outdoors in some vigorous activity.

Both children are quite smart and do very well in school. Daniel is still a little young for me to tell, but Peyton is definitely a lot more mature than her age would indicate. Fourteen going on forty, in that department.

They come in the door and I remind them, "OK, kids, get your stuff ready, I need to take you over to granddad's in another twenty minutes. They quickly move to their rooms upstairs. Peyton is back down in less than three minutes, her small case in one hand. I would have expected nothing less. She undoubtedly packed it last night. Daniel will take a little longer as he rushes around to find everything now and stuff it in. She places the case by the door to the garage and comes into the kitchen where I'm checking that I have food all ready so I won't have to waste time later.

"All set?" I ask.

"Sure." She looks at me for a few seconds, a smile developing. "I know why we always go to our grandparents when Dad comes back from a trip."

Does she? Both sets of grandparents live about thirty miles from us and near each other. While the kids often spend time with them on other occasions, they do generally go over to one or both sets when their father comes home. Frequently, like this weekend, they will stay with one set tonight and the other tomorrow. I look at my daughter, now becoming a lovely young lady in her own right. "OK, Miss Know-it-all, why is that?"

She gives me an almost evil grin. "So you won't have to worry about us overhearing when Dad is getting some." I'll admit she has managed to stun me and my mouth almost drips open, but she goes on, "That's OK. I think that's great."

My husband and I have never been afraid to show affection between us and never hesitate to kiss and hug in front of the kids. I've even had my ass patted a few times while they are around. I remember that Peyton has said that the parents of some of her friends almost act like they don't even like each other when others are present.

I think how nice it is to have understanding kids. Instead of the stuttering response I might have made to her remark, I manage to smile and turn towards her. "That's not quite right," I slowly say. "It's also so you won't hear all the noise when I'm getting some."

The girl lets out a loud laugh and exclaims, "Way to go, Mom!" Then she gives me a high five which I return, laughing myself. I follow this with a hug.

Yes, it's nice to have understanding kids. Then thinking back to when I was her age I also remember that's it's nice to have understanding parents. I will definitely have to keep that in mind. Peyton is showing interest in males and has been for some time but she is not the type to go overboard. She will be fifteen very soon and I know she will be dating, not just going to group things.

"Well, Daughter, you'll get your chance some day. Just don't be in too much of a hurry."

She gives me a serious look and says, "Mom, have you ever known me to do something just because others do?"

"No, you never have. I just want you to be sure before you do anything that can't be undone."

"You don't have to worry, Mom. I've decided to wait until I have no doubts."

"Well, I know the kind of things you are feeling now and the pressure can get pretty intense."

Then in a somewhat shy voice she says, "Mom, I won't be pushed into anything. Besides, I have learned to relieve a little pressure on my own."

I look at her. She is looking down and I guess waiting to find my reaction. "That's good," I reply. "There certainly nothing wrong with that."

I see her let her breath out and her shoulders straighten a little. She looks up at me and says, "There's something I want to ask you about."

"Sure, Honey, go ahead."

"Well, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks." I nod. "There's something I've been considering buying but I'm not sure it's worth the cost. It's not super expensive or anything but it's not exactly cheap either. I just want to make sure it's worth what they're asking before I spend that much. Or," she adds, "before I ask for part of it for my birthday. It's on-line. Would you take a look and tell me what you think?"

"Sure, I'll be happy to. Just what is it?"

She again lowers her gaze. Quietly she replies, "It's a vibrator. A fairly high end one."

I won't say I am totally surprised, but maybe just a little startled. Still I manage to answer, "Certainly. When you get back you can show me and I'll tell you what I think." I can see relief on her face but give her a little more by adding, "You can even compare it to mine."

This brings a stronger reaction as she looks up into my face with a wide smile and gives me a tight hug. "Thanks, Mom. For everything."

Just then her brother makes it back downstairs and we troop out to the car.

After I have dropped the kids with my folks and am on my way back, I began to think a little more about what Peyton has said. I drive past the county park that's about a mile from our home and remember that lately Peyton had been spending a lot of time there on weekends with Tom, a nice boy who lives not too far from our place. Peyton is just the age I was when I used to go to a county park near my parents' home. I start remembering how that has turned out.

CHAPTER 1

Last evening as it was going dark

And I was walking in the park

I saw a boy along the way

Alas, he wasn't there today

It was the third week of July when I first saw him. On a Thursday. At nearly eight-thirty to be more exact. I had been walking in the county park located about a mile or so from our new home and I was just starting back when I heard a slight sound behind me. I turned and saw a boy about my age rapidly approaching on a bike. Not anyone I knew, of course, but there was something about him which drew my eyes to lock on his oncoming figure. I stood frozen for the several seconds it took for him to reach me and just managed a smile as he passed. He turned and smiled back and raised his hand in a quick wave before moving on down the road. For nearly a minute I stood staring after him and to this day I can not really say exactly why. There was just something about him ...

My name is Karen Shepard and I was fourteen at the time. We had just moved here three weeks before from the city where I had been born and lived all my life. There we had a nice three bedroom house on a nice quarter acre lot in a nice neighborhood in a nice suburb. Nothing unusual, just a typical middle class American life. When my dad got the promotion and we had to move here, he and Mom decided they would like a place more in the country. They found one. Here we lived in a slightly older house, but one in good shape, on thirty eight acres. Still a very nice house and the land was mostly woods with a couple of fields and a stream running through it. But it was somewhat isolated.

I mean, I had always lived near other kids my age. I had walked to school since kindergarten and always had friends within a few houses. Here the nearest house was almost a half mile off and as far as I could tell no one under fifty lived anywhere within a couple of miles. It was definitely a big change for me and it was taking some getting used to.

Mom and Dad both worked and were gone all day, but that wasn't really a problem. I was an only child but was old enough to take care of myself and even made dinner several nights a week so it would be ready when they got home. Today after we had eaten I had just felt pent up and came down to the park. True, I could still chat with my old friends on line or even call them, but it wasn't quite the same any more. I didn't mind living out in the country - in fact I loved the out of doors - but I did miss not being around other kids my age. Hopefully it would improve when school started in another six weeks or so.

I had graduated eighth grade last spring and would be starting into high school this fall. I guess that would have been a big change even if we hadn't moved, but here I wouldn't know anyone at all. Sometimes, like tonight, I just felt, I guess, lonely.

A little about myself. I'm five foot six, fairly tall for my age. I have blue eyes and medium blonde hair. I'm neither skinny nor fat but I am rather slim with long legs which I seem to almost trip over sometimes. I have started to fill out and no longer look flat chested and because I generally get a lot of exercise my muscles are pretty well toned. I've even had a couple of girls say they wish they had my ass. I wish I thought I was as good as they said. Even though I know no girl is ever really happy with herself, I am still fairly content with what I am. As I said I like the outdoors and am really a bit of a tomboy. I enjoy hiking and biking and even camping. I still climb trees and have even been known to swing from a rope now and then. I swim and I've been in a kayak a few times and would love to get one of my own.

In school I have always done well - usually A or at worst B grades. I am a little odd in that I like science and math a little more than most of my friends, but I'm not a total nerd or anything. I do love reading, both non-fiction and fiction of almost all kinds. I find almost all subjects interesting and actually looked forwards to going to school this fall.

Socially, maybe I'm a little slower. I've never been on a real date, just group things. I've never been kissed except on the cheek but on my own I've found a number of things which excite me. Probably this is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to school also - maybe meeting some boys for a little more than just sharing classes. I guess in some ways my life feels like it does when I'm standing on the edge of the three meter board about to make a dive. Things are right there in front of me and I want them even if it all looks a little scary just now.

Now as I stood looking after the boy on the bike there was a strange feeling slowly moving over me. I couldn't really describe it, even to myself, but I could definitely feel it. I had had only had a quick look at him and was left with the impression of a nice looking guy in good shape physically with a friendly face. He had light brown hair but I couldn't see his eye color. Somehow I thought it would be blue.

CHAPTER 2

For weeks I sought him far and near

But not again did he appear

At last a sigh and I gave it rest

And took respite from my fruitless quest

When I got home I tried to forget about the strange encounter, but the next morning after my parents had left for work, his image kept returning. By the time I had finished lunch he seemed to be in my mind constantly. Part of it, I'm sure, was that I was just a little lonely for someone my own age. As I said I hadn't met anyone since we had moved here. But part of it was also that for some reason he generated a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I thought about him.

I decided on making a one dish supper and quickly put it together and shoved the glass baking dish into the oven. I set the timer so that it would be ready at five thirty and then took my bike and headed back to the county park. I spent the afternoon just lurking around the main parking area, sitting on the little kids's swings and so on. Of course what I was really doing was looking for the mysterious boy. However, not another person appeared that afternoon. About a quarter of five I headed home and arrived just ahead of my parents. Then after dinner I headed back to the park once more and hung around until nearly dark, but was once again disappointed.

The next three days were almost the same. Oh, I didn't go there every afternoon but I did return after supper each night. At least by then I had learned to take a book with me so I didn't just fidget around all the time. Still he never appeared again. To a somewhat lesser extent I repeated this almost every day for the next four weeks, still without success.

School would be starting in two weeks and that began to take up a little more of my time. Mom took me to the mall a couple of times so I could pick up a few new things and I did see some other teenagers there, although I never got a chance to talk with any of them. Even for high school there were lists of required items so I also went shopping for notebooks and binders and so on.

Always before I had been within walking distance of school but this year I would be riding a bus. We found it would pass our house about seven fifteen so I knew I would have to be up and ready by then. This wasn't really a problem because I had always been an early riser. So on the day after Labor Day I found myself standing out by the road at five after seven in the morning, carrying a backpack with my pencils and notebooks, and waiting for the big yellow bus.

Right at seven fifteen it arrived and I climbed on board to find only four other students. It turned out that I was near the beginning of the route so for the next thirty five minutes I sat and watched as another thirty students joined us. At least this should mean that I would be one of the first off in the afternoon.

When we arrived at school I found lists telling me which homeroom I had been assigned and a map telling me how to find it. This wasn't a gigantic school, but there were still over a thousand students. I made my way with others - some looking quite familiar with everything and a somewhat smaller number looking almost as confused as I was myself. Eventually I found Mr. Braxton's room and went in and took a seat along with twenty some other students.

Not surprisingly the first days still seems somewhat of a blur. I was taking English, Geometry, Biology, German, Health and Physical Education, and something called Intro to Computers which appeared to be concerned with teaching us to use word processors, spreadsheets, the Internet and a few other things that most of us had been doing for the past eight or ten years or so. Oh, well, someday the adults would catch up with us.

Over the rest of that week and the next I did meet a number of people. I got along well with most of them but I wasn't developing any especially close relationships. I mean there were a couple of girls I talked with quite a bit and we usually ate lunch together, but I didn't really feel that any of them would become a really close friend. We did talk about boys and they pointed out several, but I only met them briefly. Somewhere in the back of my mind I was still wondering about the boy I had seen that day in the park. Did he go to this school? Maybe he attended a private school or was even home schooled. I didn't spend a lot of time wondering about him, but every now and then he did enter my mind and I still got that funny feeling in my stomach when I thought about him, although I wasn't obsessing about him or anything.

CHAPTER 3

I chanced on him one day again

And eventually he became my friend

Secrets shared and dreams we knew

Through the years our friendship grew

Then on Friday of the second week my Biology teacher called me aside. She said that she had noticed I seemed to be a little ahead of most of the students, that I was picking up things pretty quickly. She wondered if I would like to change in a slightly more advanced section. Ms Green's section had mostly more advanced students and would probably move a little faster and cover some additional things she would not be able to get to.

I had felt a little, maybe not really bored, but more just held back somewhat. I told her I liked her as a teacher but if I could I thought I probably would enjoy the other section. She said she certainly didn't mind although se did enjoy having a student like me. She arranged that on Monday I would go to Ms Green's class instead. It met at the same time so there was no scheduling problem.

Monday when I walked into the class I nearly froze just inside the door. There at one of the tables sat the boy from the park. I probably only stood still for a few seconds even though it seemed much longer but when I went over to Ms Green and introduced myself she didn't seem to notice anything odd.

jfremont
jfremont
337 Followers